[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Why does Bae Soo Bin ALWAYS play the baddie?? From Shining Inheritance to 49 days and now this! He deserves a main lead after all these years. I'm gonna go on a strike for his next drama if he's lands a role as some morally corrupt character again.

On the flip side, been a fan of Ji Sung since Protect the Boss so looking forward to how the rest of this drama unravels. Seems very interesting so far.
One of the many things I've learned from watching dramas all these years: don't go to jail/ cop the blame in place of your boyfriend, it just leads to disaster! When I was watching ep2 I was literally like 'Nooooo don't go to jail Yoo Jung ah! You've done enough for him already!!'

She's such a good girl, I'm sure my parents would love her unlike her bf's ungrateful mother. How could you just take her for granted? She's not your slave or someone who owes you a huge debt, she should freaking be thankful and accept her son's choice in partner. *sigh* Asian parents *eyerolls* >:D< What can you do loll

Dunno if I'm allowed to post this here but in other news, CONGRATULATIONS to Ji Sung who got married yesterday! =D>
They're such a good looking couple :x

lee-bo-young-ji-sung_1380285513_af_org.j

Encountering her two times, I believe Do Hoon's already interested in Se Yeon while he's hiding, covering himself from the crime and allowing Yoo Jung to go through this hardship pretty much by herself!

Both Do Hoon and Yoo Jung are guilty, at faults in the hit and run accident! According, regarding the law, I think the driver's punishment is more, heavier than the passenger! Anyone in law, is knowledge in law, please collaborate!

Do Hoon love and care for Yoo Jung but at the same time, he's not! It's like seven years being together is enough for him between them! That's the kind of feeling I have from his perception!

Even though Min Hyuk's weak in their relationship, his love for Ji Hee is, remain sincere and honest! Trying to find and forget her at the same time, his playboy attempt couldn't surpassed! I wish, hope he may, could stand on his two feet in both career and love to show his father what he's capable of because the way his father portrayed, explained and compared him is foolishly childish and lowly lacking!

Eventually, Yoo Jung will face several obstacles in the coming episodes and hopefully, Min Hyuk's revenge, hate toward her may, would aid her instead!

sorry to cut your post...

well, you are too late now, he married yesterday!!!

=)) =)) let him have his honeymoon first, then maybe we have a piece of him..as MH. Isn't he just adorable?  =))

Lmao!

The last time I checked, that was false news!

Yeah right! I wish!

Yes, he's such a cutie pie! In that case, I may, could eat him up! No! I wouldn't do that! He still need to finish his task as Min Hyuk!

This drama, thread is my next addiction! I'm watching The Suspicious Housekeeper also but I think I'll camp in here more, instead!

i am just watching the 2nd episodeYJ insisted that she take the blame. As much as DH likes to tell the truth he let himself be swayed. Another 'sacrifice" in the name of love. She said she loves him more than herself. It's the kind of love that never think of oneself but always for that other person. Even if I want to blame DH and curse him I also want to blame her for she dig her own grave even though she has a way out. She thought she knew the truth. A weak character will certainly take that chance, and DH in the end let her. He didn't even tell her the truth that he knew all along about the accident involving JH. The long relationship also develop  loyalty, gratefulness more than love. Didn't he asked his mother if he should end the relationship and just be thankful? But of course he told  don't make him a bad person. I think what he should have told her was "he can't do it coz he loves her so much"

I think Do Hoon's love for Yoo Jung is starting, in the process of fading away! If he's to break up completely with her, it will be too cruel and painful for the both of them knowing that her love, care, support and dedication for him and his family are consistent all these years they have been together!

Whether Min Hyuk stay with his family or not, I know he could stand on his own two feet! Along the way, when that time come, if the storyline go as my prediction, he would be able to protect and fight for his love, Yoo Jung without realizing he's in love with her and avenging, punishing her at the same time!

With just two aired episodes, I'm analyzing this drama like no tomorrow! Where's Wednesday! It's like foreverrr!

First of all, my thanks to the hardworking awesome subbing team who put up the English subtitles so promptly (within 24 hours after the episodes were aired in Korea).  This is the first time I am following a drama live, so to speak - in this case because of BSB -  so it helps immensely to know what so-and-so is saying.
Am really enjoying the insights/interpretation/thoughts of the posters in here so far, please keep them up! Since I am hoping Do Hoon is not the grade A scumbag that he appears to be, my guess is that he did not hit  Min Hyuk's girlfriend Ji Hee.  She was murdered by LDH's character  Se Yeon who ordered someone to kill  her.  Do Hoon, though attracted to Se Yeon  (honestly, he shouldn't be, grrrrr - what about your poor long-suffering fiancee?) begins to suspect that SY is the killer, and attempts to get close to her in order to get evidence to prove this.
That's how I hope the drama turns out since it makes me "sum tong"  (heart pain, literally in Cantonese) to see BSB playing a character even worse than 49 Days' Kang Min Ho.

I watched the first episode and I was kind of like blah.. but I am glad that I checked out the second episode. it looks like a promising drama -- hope the writer doesn't lose their head halfway through and write some stupid second half because they have written themselves into a corner....

@mslee -- I like how you wrote <<Another 'sacrifice" in the name of love>>> that is pretty much the problem. I was thinking why YJ would do something stupid to name herself the driver when she didn't even know the seriousness of the case as @oyeleyeolusina pointed out..
but this is the pattern of the relationship between YJ and DH and it has been established for seven years that it is sort of entrenched. basically she has a kind of a saviour complex (as my friends would say) where she has to "save" him from all sorts of things. so when he couldn't pay tuition, she stepped in. when they were about to lose their house, she stepped in and paid the deposit. he needs a car, again she steps in and buys him one. so while DH feels guilty, but still he has always accepted whatever she gave him, regardless of whatever it may cost her. so when the pattern is set, it would be the most natural reaction for him to let her take the blame when the woman is offering to do it herself. that what they had already been doing for 7 years.

the question would be why does she have this pathological need to put someone else above herself to the point where she is destroying herself?

am kind of fascinated by SY and how her relationship with DH will develop. her conversation with MH's stepmom was interesting. the stepmom asked her if SY finds it so difficult to laugh when she is happy and cry when she is sad. the stepmom also advises her that to get a man, you just need to show what you are feeling and SY says that she will not lower herself to such standards...

yet, SY has unwittingly shown her true face to DH several times already even though they are just strangers
-- when she is upset and frustrated at the restaurant and she loses her shoe, he saw her; she also saw that he wasn't exactly happy at that point either..
-- when she is happy and laughing with her dog, he sees her; she also saw that he got scared when she teased him by commanding the dog to bite to korean. she then reveals that the dog only understands german and she hasn't taught it korean.. -- why give such ordinary info to DH when she won't even reveal something ordinary to another person...
-- when she is upset with MH and is drinking wine after wine, DH notices her distress and anger. when he sees her standing next to the car, he can see that she is unhappy and she doesn't try to cover it up with bravado. though she tries to drive, he stops her and she doesn't get mad; she just gives in to him and lets him drive -- when she is usually so stubborn, why let him drive?

SY can't reveal herself or her vulnerabilities to MH - someone she cares about and maybe in love with --  but to an utter stranger, DH, she is comfortable showing her face. looks like tragedy looming for her where she is going to be drawn to DH and maybe, tragic for him because it looks like he might be drawn to her as well...

cynkdf said: First of all, my thanks to the hardworking awesome subbing team who put up the English subtitles so promptly (within 24 hours after the episodes were aired in Korea).  This is the first time I am following a drama live, so to speak - in this case because of BSB -  so it helps immensely to know what so-and-so is saying.
Am really enjoying the insights/interpretation/thoughts of the posters in here so far, please keep them up! Since I am hoping Do Hoon is not the grade A scumbag that he appears to be, my guess is that he did not hit  Min Hyuk's girlfriend Ji Hee.  She was murdered by LDH's character  Se Yeon who ordered someone to kill  her.  Do Hoon, though attracted to Se Yeon  (honestly, he shouldn't be, grrrrr - what about your poor long-suffering fiancee?) begins to suspect that SY is the killer, and attempts to get close to her in order to get evidence to prove this.
That's how I hope the drama turns out since it makes me "sum tong"  (heart pain, literally in Cantonese) to see BSB playing a character even worse than 49 Days' Kang Min Ho.

@ymiss, I  am hoping  for that scenario because I don't know how the Korean viewers will react to someone who plays a really villainous character.  Of course they should be aware that it is all acting, really, but you never know.  At the press conference of the drama, BSB said he "grabbed the role"  - meaning it must be a really meaty part.  Hopefully the drama will have many layers which will slowly be peeled away.
Is it OK to repost this again - for people who missed it, the main leads speaking about Secret at the press conference:

@Lmangla, awesome posts! Was MH's ex running away from Kwang Soo (who exactly is he? MH's father's henchman or MH's assistant?)

I believe when one love, is in love with another, one is committed and capable of doing anything without realizing the consequences and expecting any benefits in return!

In that case, Yoo Jung is more than willing to do anything, everything for Do Hoon! She believe it's for his own good, their own good at the end! Unfortunately, he's thinking otherwise, slowly leaning away from her!

I see, @cynkdf! But yes, acting is acting and he's only doing his job, portraying a character! I must say Bae Soo Bin's pretty good with the second lead shades of gray, negative, villain role! This is just me but I don't mind at all if he may, do go all out dark, negative in here! Thank you for the video!

looks like revenge has become the reason for MH's existence.. his dad makes an interesting observation when MH says that Ji Hee is dead. the dad said now it looks like you have light in your eyes. all this time, he has been living a kind of vagabond kind of existence where he has no purpose, no dream, no focus, no direction. with Ji Hee's death, suddenly his life comes into sharper focus and he sort of springs into life, as strange as it may sound, which is what the dad noticed. now, after his attempted suicide, his sole focus is revenge and making the perpetrators as miserable as he feels.. but what happens when he finds other reasons to live? will he able to accept the changes?