[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Lmangla

said:

does anyone know if there are any superstitions/beliefs about rings in korea? while I get that it is foreshadowing that YJ received MH's ring and wore that ring first, are there any traditional beliefs about rings/diamonds? I don't know about other places but in my land, there is this idea that one must be careful with stones especially diamonds because not all the stones will bring good luck to the wearer. some are thought to bring bad luck. from that point of view if you see, after wearing DH's ring, she ends up in an accident, jail, losing her child etc... now that the ring has been returned to DH, will her fortunes change for the better?

"let's hope JS, HJE, BSB and LDH are more popular after Secret ends its run - and let's hope that the drama contains its high level of story-telling and acting"

By the way, Bae Soo Bin is my favorite actor....He has bad luck only because he's not chosen very often as the first male lead. But the villain is a far more difficult character to play and it is the most important for the story itself, In other words, a "good" villain is just salt and pepper for the drama. And right now, in Secret, he's doing a very goooooooooooooooooooooood job

@mihaelabarbulescu, BSB is my fave actor also - agree with you 100% :)Have you guys read @tessieroo's excellent blog post about Secret ? A kind soul translated the preview of Ep 7 - I won't repost it because it's better that you visit the site yourself to read it, if you wish :)
http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/10/14/secret-thoughts-on-week-3/

So did DH kill YJ's dad?
After he found the dad, the dad was dead....and he did not attend his wake...  Geezzz....ad he tried to give YJ his money?

MH is like a shadow to YJ....tracking her and thinking of her all the time...  Through YJ, he saw love for people, DH, her dad and her love for her son....so I believe he found it difficult to hate her eventually.    She even apologised profusely to his dead gf whom she was really sorry to...but not him.

Poor YJ has to cry through so many episodes....her eyes looked so swollen.
Hopefully the next 2 episodes, MH turned into a prince charming to change her life....  

Also, I have that nagging feeling that his secretary was the one who killed his ex-gf....he was saying to him... "I forgot, you are not very good in looking for people" before he stormed out to look for YJ in the bread shop and found her fainted there.

I like SY as a character in MH's life.  She seems to be the one keeping him sane and balanced.
When facing external people, she may appear to be with him but in private, she would challenge his ways...for example...she said "stop acting pathetic" to him...when she realised that he was still tormenting YJ.

What is really interesting in watching Secret - and make me clinging into it - is not because I am a fan of each main casts, but because I am pretty sure we will find out more secrets behind every secrets, more than we can realized so far, more than we guessed, more than we thought already be revealed.
Fascinating!  :x

mihaelabarbulescu said:

Lmangla

said:

does anyone know if there are any superstitions/beliefs about rings in korea? while I get that it is foreshadowing that YJ received MH's ring and wore that ring first, are there any traditional beliefs about rings/diamonds? I don't know about other places but in my land, there is this idea that one must be careful with stones especially diamonds because not all the stones will bring good luck to the wearer. some are thought to bring bad luck. from that point of view if you see, after wearing DH's ring, she ends up in an accident, jail, losing her child etc... now that the ring has been returned to DH, will her fortunes change for the better?

lyrayoo said:
.............Just a random thought , when YJ and MH had their first meeting, it was a subtle "saving grace" from YJ to MH when she threw the keys because of MH's persistence to drive when in fact he's still sober. Compared to the accident she had with DH the day after, that was a RISK if ever MH did drive the car. :D..........

I'm a silent lurker as well but had to come out and show my love for the show, strange enough last time I was this invested in a K-drama was another melodrama - Nice Guy.
I can't get enough of everyone's thoughts on the show and the characters true motivations behind their actions. There is so much left to find out, like you feel like you've got it figured out but then you don't. Gotta give props to the production for keeping us all on our toes, as mentioned earlier the revenge trope isn't anything new, falling in love with the "enemy" isn't new, having the male characters be douchebags isn't new BUT the way that they've woven the story has you connecting with the characters, grey shades and all. I swear 6 episodes in and I'm loving the ride, I personally don't do melodrama's (I had to watch Nice Guy cause Song Joong Ki & Lee Kwang Soo are my biases but also the trailers pulled me in) and I haven't seen any of these actors work beforehand but right now I'm loving all four -  Bae Soo Bin I really do want to see you die in the show lol. Ji Sung is doing a great job portraying MH and his characters emotions, Hwang Jung Eum is bringing it every time she is on-screen and I do hope YJ becomes a stronger character & Lee Da Hee as SY that girl needs to move on lol.

There is so much potential in this story, I really do hope it continues to keep up reeled in. I'm dying to see all the secrets come out but for now I'm going to enjoy seeing how MH & YJ fall in love, if at all is possible (which it is lol. since that's what this is all about). As for the preview for episode 7 - Substitute Driver !!!!
 tumblr_mgjxybr2MN1rirmloo1_250.gif

My biggest questions are still - Did DH have anything to do with San's disappearance? Or did he find out after his Mom already did something? 
ALSO - is MH the one who had her son taken from her in jail? If so, isn't there a slight chance (once DH found out about it) that he wanted to hide his son away from MH's wrath? I go round and round on that one because I don't have any clear answers on who had San taken from her on false abuse charges. The only indication it was MH is when he says "Is there something else left to take from her" (which implies he had San taken) Who paid that horrible woman in prison to do something to San? 
But that also leaves the question - does MH know where San is or does he also believe San is dead? Did DH manage to get his son out of that orphanage before MH could do anything further?
I am literally making myself insane. 

tumblr_m76im6qNVq1rqsc5uo1_250.gif

EDIT: Hi @lyrayoo! *waves back* 

@tessieroo, can we trust character descriptions?
http://english.kbs.co.kr/tv/characters.html?tv_code=21

An Do-hoon  Character: Bae Soo-bin

28-year-old to 32-year-old

He is a public prosecutor and a clearheaded person with a handsome appearance.

His father became disabled in the midst of protest against unfair dismissal.

All the expectations of his family fell on his shoulders from childhood after her father became disabled.

He proposed to You-jeong, who helped him for seven years, after he became a prosecutor.

It seemed he could accomplish his longed-for dream to be a happy father…

Due to the fatal choice on the happiest day in his life, Do-hoon is faced with a cruel fate.

Unquote

Unless by some twist San isn't DH's son, then I hope the words "longed-for dream to be a happy father" indicate that DH didn't harm San at all. If he did, then he's toast.

@cynkdf - 
I feel like I'm trying too hard to make DH not be a total bastard. I don't want him to have had anything to do with San's disappearance because I feel like that would KILL YJ once she finds out. :-S :((  I mean, I DO want her to find out what an richard simmons he is but I don't want it to have anything to do with San.  Does that make sense? (LOL) 
On the other hand, if MH is the one who took San - I don't see any way she would ever fall in love with him if/when she found out! If either guy had anything to do with it, they're toast. 
I need to stop obsessing. b-(

Am I allowed to be worried that we have a contest winner for a writer? All your speculations could go up in smoke. If the writer is new, what happens when she doesn't know she is not supposed to write certain plot lines like that? And goes somewhere different in her plots?

tessieroo said: @cynkdf - 
I feel like I'm trying too hard to make DH not be a total bastard. I don't want him to have had anything to do with San's disappearance because I feel like that would KILL YJ once she finds out. :-S :((  I mean, I DO want her to find out what an richard simmons he is but I don't want it to have anything to do with San.  Does that make sense? (LOL) 
On the other hand, if MH is the one who took San - I don't see any way she would ever fall in love with him if/when she found out! If either guy had anything to do with it, they're toast. 
I need to stop obsessing. b-(

@ck1Oz - this writer has managed to suck in viewers who were initially so dismissive of Secret  I certainly trust in his or her ability to tie up loose ends (hopefully :)) and give us a HEA ending for the OTP.   Sure the great acting has contributed to this but the script plays a very important part, agree?   Being such a newbie to K-drama watching, I could easily be mistaken, of course. 

Hello everyone,

But before I post my comment" I would like 2 give a shout out 2. MY CHINGU DEUL"

@alekaonu, @rain719, @awsparkle, @dimples21, @moodypie, @Lmangla, @raxdc, @dnkt, @smhelen, @merlimau

@nrlfan4ever, @kermitderfrog, @prisneo, @cloh08, @elza96, @Gereldine oh, @dramalove777, @ymiss, @tessieroo,

@ck10z, @stervamerzkaya0, and Everyone....

I would like 2 say that" Everyone has a SECRET :-$  and being Disappointed with EOG, This will be my Rebound Drama

Well after watching this Drama, I'm actually hooked and can't get enough of it.. Like needing a Antidote, 4 my Drug Addiction

Sometimes when you have hatred for someone, It actually turns 2 Love.. And that's what going 2 happen with MH and YJ

and I'm really feeling their interacting with only 6 episodes in, 2 me it's very intrigue, but sincerely I love how MH looks.. If

only looks can kill, he'll definitely be the one @-)  Last but not Least" I'm just going 2 sit back, relax,and enjoy this Drama

There's 2 more days 4 more Secret.... And Please don't tell anyone else, because it suppose 2 be a SECRET  :-$  :))