[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1

I tried checking k-sites and there are all kinds of answers. Some say JH is Catholic, some say she is Protestant and some say she is Buddhist.

I am not quite sure whether this poster is right. It is from a Q&A section. http://kin.naver.com/qna/detail.nhn?d1id=6&dirId=609&docId=246942156&qb=7Iah7KeA7ZqoIOyiheq1kOqwgA==&enc=utf8&section=kin&rank=15&search_sort=0&spq=0

The question is about the religion to which the RM and IC members belong and the answer says "JH's religion has been listed as Catholic, Protestant and Buddhist, but I heard that she has done some promotional activity as an ambassador of Buddhism, so she could be Buddhist".  The Korean fan told me JH is listed as Buddhist on k-sites. I couldn't find any definite info though. Even on SJH DC Gall, there isn't much consensus. 

@linzer03 Yeah, the Korean fan told me JH had been wearing the beads for some time, but JK started wearing them from 2013. I remember seeing JH wearing those kinds of beads early on. I am not sure about the JK part though.

But I don't think religion matters that much in Korea when it comes to marriage. That is what I heard.

36 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

But I don't think religion matters that much in Korea when it comes to marriage. That is what I heard.

Not in my part of the world, either, so it's pretty consistent across Asia, including S. Korea, I guess. In my country, we have lots of Buddhists since Buddhism has been for a long time the state religion. But in my family, we have everyone from Buddhism to Catholism to other Christian denominations, and even atheism and traditionalism. No problems with inter-marrying because of religious differences, though us Catholics get made fun of sometimes since Catholicism is so strict (LOL). Though, things are changing even there. 

Thanks everyone for your input. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

She was as nervous as she was during the 100 vs 100 contest watching JK go against the MMA wrestler. Felt she is gulping from nervousness.

In the second clip you posted, I think SJH is looking at KJK instead of JSM. Usually, the attention would be paid first to the one who made the mistake, especially since JSM is moving back and forth apologizing, but SJH seemed more interested in his reaction. She's barely moving, only briefly touching her chin while smiling slightly, and moving only her eyes to track him. The whole exchange is still cutely odd. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Welcome! We always love new posters here! And wow, you've been an RM fan since 2011/2012? That's impressive! I hope you continue to share your thoughts on this forum!

thankyou,  i remember watch RM episode in the class break with all my class mate and it was during subject that i learn in 2011 2012 and yeah maybe i already watch every episode for more than 5 times, but sadly i dont really have an hawk eye like you guys :lol: and just enjoy the show without noticing any SA secret moment, maybe bcause i'm more  RM fans first, so not focus too much to JH JK. Mostly i just feel daebak reading everyone thought here, as it sometime makes sense to me, its not over delu or somethink

5 hours ago, mn0096 said:

Welcome to the forum. And thanks for sharing your thoughts. Re: the quote above, I remember the aired scene and how embarrassed she was, but wasn't aware of the BTS discussions and how the other members tried to talk to the PDs. This was also a scene where KJK was absent, if I recall correctly. 

I'm a diehard shipper, but I have my occasional periods of doubt, too. But, you're right, we catch quite a bit of BTS or off to the side shots of SA that make us suspicious, but it's moments like this week's secret coffee drinking moment that convince us there's really something going on between SA. Pair this with the members' reaction (or non-reaction) and things get even more convincing. Still, until they announce, we always add a disclaimer. :D

PS. One other moment that, for me, was very convincing -- after the infamous pillow fight. He's always so careful with everything, but during that scene, because of what he just did to her, I think he just felt so apologietic that he lost control and bear-hugged then nuzzled her. It was so unexpected from him that she turned shy. Very telling, indeed. 

thank you, and the BTS it self i know from that fancam video as he/her write an explanation in it.

sharing straws maybe not that strange even between male-female friends for me, but the reason why it is suspicious were why she need to do it sneakly, why JK has to put the coffee behind his back so camera wont shoot it, why she drink it that time i mean she can do it before they go out from court room, not in a hall that obviously the camera will shoot everyone including her. thats what it makes suspicious i think.

that pillow fight ofcourse cute ! and seeing it for the first time, i was like "get married already" -_- i once notice why SA rarely in 1 teams, and only after reading everyone post in this forum i understand RM more. and watch The Producer drama help me to know better how K-variety show work, at least it gives us a bigger picture how RM work and how to handle member

• Like 3

Dear @saissuspicious,

the first time i watch this week episode, i have the same idea in my mind.

can't be SM missheard.

About SM suspecting KJK as the married one, I don't think she misheard things, it was obvious everyone understood the hints because it wasn't that complicated and like @linzer03 said, she pointed out that LKS is the single and unlucky one, however she marked KJK as the married one. So I don't think she misunderstood, the reaction of everyone was priceless.  SM was flustered and continued to apologise to KJK (I think she blurted out something she shouldn't) and KJK giving her that glare at the end was funny. LOL

with apologizing, i believe SM suddenly realize that this is should not to broadcast..

SM is still newbie in reality show...and she still adapted with runningman situation, and to know which one is allow to broadcast or not.

my delulu is boosting until 1000%....

and with this i'm 100% sure...our Spartace...soon..please ....will announce it...

thank you everybody for make this thread active.i love you all chingu.

spartace fighting!!!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mn0096 said:

I totally agree. Regardless of personal and or cultural views about sharing straws or utensils, if there's nothing to worry about, why do it in secret, right?  

Just a thought -- Why did Ms. Mong need to get a drink right at that moment? Why couldn't she have waited and taken a sip off camera? Maybe she's just used to being spoiled by her "brother" and wants what she wants when she wants it. Of course, he can't refuse her. LOL Regardless of the reason, I'm just so glad that SA have lately been more free with their PDAs in front of the camera. 

She needs her caffeine fix at that moment. Haha. 

But that's what's interesting, isn't it? You can't tell which side is being careless, RM's editing or SA? 

• Like 3

I just watched the new ep!  And regarding that coffee seen,  i think,  he purposely hid it behind his back so that jh can drink it.  'Coz before the scene where jh is sipping behind him the coffee he like purposely went in front of jh and put the coffee behind,  i think it wasn't suppose to be taken by cam but the guys suddenly crowded in front of them,  so sj like step in front of jh to cover.  

Anyway regarding this matter,  in my culture sharing a drink is not really a thing!  Although we friends or close friends or sisbro do share one glass sometimes but we chose the spot where the other did not drink 'coz its kind of unethical! But with same straw its a NO!  The only people who share straw are LOVERS!  But mostly they share same drink but still diff straw!  'Coz sharing same straw is too intimate actually! 

• Like 5

Trying to play devil's advocate here. On Baidu, they are saying that JK was holding his drink in this position (behind the back) before JH even was around

422e2e.png

And that JH was bending down in another part of the episode

56baae.jpg

So could it be that it was a total coincidence that JH was bending down right at the right moment to rest her back or something, and JK's drink was still in that position? Maybe though, she had planned to use his body as a shield to rest.

Re the religion issue, even if both are of different religions, I think they'd have gotten past that stage/resolved that issue with 4 years of history behind them (assuming they indeed started dating in 2013). In any case, there are plenty of couples who marry despite being of different religions. It really boils down to how devout you are and what you look for in a partner.

Anyway, I do agree that the episode was good and had some old RM feels. Not the heyday RM, but at least the 2014-2015 RM. And finally some episodes that finish in one airing and did not stretch over two episodes - I never really understood how they think fans like that concept, this is not a drama. 

Re the JSM blunder in referring to JK as a married man, I thought the cast covered it up swiftly and very well. JK reacted fast himself and YJS chimed in with the X Man comment. So if you're a casual fan, you'd probably not spot this blunder by JSM, especially since she similarly has quite a blur persona. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, yumiyumi17 said:

In the bus, i love that JH suggested to play new game to PD its like she want to protected JK when everyone criticized JK bcoz he was so mad lol

I have same opinion too. it is not that regular that JH asked to change the game. she normally just go with it even when she fail several times.

14 hours ago, Muhammad Nadhil said:

And after seeing BTS of some episode, fancam  and offcam , i can see MC thing really make JH uncomfortable (once i found BTS about JH shouting ''i want you KG'' in airport, and some fans who witness it said JH refuse to do it and JS also other member try to talk to PD  for maybe 10 min or more, so that JH didnt have to do it, as it too much cross the line). thats when i know her smile in RM not always honest but sometimes it forced to. it must be hard for all member to always act like that. even when they know sometimes its too much.

welcome and thank for the information, i didnt know that. but if JH did atleast once refuse to do it then SA wasnt always went along with "MC is belong to each other".

It remind me of the topic we discussed the other day, that because SA went along with it so MC shippers believed it is true relationship.

13 hours ago, mn0096 said:

3) Can a Buddhist marry a non-Buddhist? You know, just in case KJK goes insane, decides to throw away the love of his life, and chooses me instead? :D 

13 hours ago, Adines Nugraha said:

1. afaik, she's christian

in my country, Buddhist can marry everyone they want too, but it is not that easy for christian, people have to switch regilion to be marry in a church or sometime eccept by their partner family. it is very important for christian to marry christian in my country.

It has nothing to do with the law but the regilion and traditional require them to be in same regilion to get marry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About sharing straw, i think it depend on personal idea.

I, myself, hate skinship, every type of it when im not close to the person. I would never ever share my bowl of food, share the food im eating, my straw or spoon directly to anyone. The last several years, i have developed relationship with my cousin and lived with her for several months a years then i noticed something different.

im the only one (except from my sibling) in my mothernal family that can't or wont share thing like that. my other cousins, they are fine eating the food which is half eaten by their friends/family or even used the same chopticks/spoon/straw (you know that moment when you are too lazy to get a new spoon because it is in a kitchen. my grandmother's kitchen is separeted from a the house, it is way too far to go there just for a spoon).

and at school, most people buy 1 large set of food then share it with each other, it is normal for sharing it like that with their friends.

back then in high school, one of my classmate finished the bread i was eating, he was fine with it but i totally freaked out, lol.

JH has a sibling so there is chance that she is fine with sharing the food like that and i remember Korean eat noodles from 1 bowl with different chopticks so maybe it is not that big deal?

anyway, what is about sharing same bottle of water? i usually ask people to not touch the bottle with their mouth when they drink my water bottle.

if im not wrong, there is scene which one of the member drink it and pass it to another? or they always drink different water bottle?

and i have this theory, it maybe my imagination jumped too high but

Why other RM members didnt buy drink but only JK?

Why didnt the staff prepare their drinks (that JK had to went so far to leave the place and buy one himself)?

As mn0096 wrote "Maybe she's just used to being spoiled by her "brother" and wants what she wants when she wants it. Of course, he can't refuse her. "

I started to think, what if she was the one who wanted to drink it at first, everyone know it JH loves coffee. I thought i saw JH dozed off for awhile when she was on the bus, she was sitting in the second column on the right but i couldnt find that screen when i rewatch. hmmm.

anyways, it is just my pinky thought at the moment, dont take it seriously.

i did see a picture of JK's back where he had the coffee behind his back but there wasnt JH there.

even though in the scene, im pretty sure someone is behind his back, KS was looking at that direction, am i right?

btw, i have never think KS is handsome coz of his image in the show (he is too funny to be cool lol ) but he really looked like casanova in this ep and SJ was cute too. 

SJ posted a video of him in the street on his instagram, he looked so young and lively :))

• Like 5

1 hour ago, myrunningman1 said:

Trying to play devil's advocate here. On Baidu, they are saying that JK was holding his drink in this position (behind the back) before JH even was around

422e2e.png

And that JH was bending down in another part of the episode

56baae.jpg

So could it be that it was a total coincidence that JH was bending down right at the right moment to rest her back or something, and JK's drink was still in that position? Maybe though, she had planned to use his body as a shield to rest.

Not sure about the bending part but here's a GIF of the part leading until the first photo you shared.

http://giphy.com/gifs/l0Iy4Gj6qtIFIyChW

• Like 2

4 hours ago, julia147 said:

welcome and thank for the information, i didnt know that. but if JH did atleast once refuse to do it then SA wasnt always went along with "MC is belong to each other".

It remind me of the topic we discussed the other day, that because SA went along with it so MC shippers believed it is true relationship.

I wanted to comment before on this but I was so busy and it was discussed before on this thread so left it at that, but I feel like commenting once I saw it again today :) Regarding KJK saying "SJH belongs to KG". I never felt it was a threat to SA or anything else because if the reporter asks KJK in a sneaky way about his relationship with SJH, people expect him to go "I love this girl" or "I'm especially close to her outside of RM" or "Iwent tanning with her several times before" or "we rae more  than what we seems to be" LOL It's natural for KJK to try and deny any "romantic" relationship with SJH if asked by reporters especially if something is going on between them in real life. And yeah SJH belonged to KG when on the show; It's their role and he explained it well when LKS was the first one to help SJH before when she was freaked out because of some bug. I think at that time KJK wanted to make sure people understand that he can't do anything to help SJH because it's not his role on the show and that they are playing roles that has nothing to do with their interaction in real life. KJK told KS that he has to stay still whan anything happens to SJH and to let KG take care of it because KS's role is the "fool" and KG's role is being the MC boyfriend so no one is allowed to get close to SJH onscreen unless it is KG. What's funny is that KJK used the term "belongs" when he told LKS that SJH "doesn't belong to you". In the video below skip to minutes 2:46 :wink: 

Regarding SA sharing the straw is no big deal as they are familiar with each other, be it close friends or something else. I don't remember the episode but before KJK handed a new bottle to female actress when he already have one. So I will say it depends more on the closeness between people more than cutrural things despite knowing that "most of" korean don't mind sharing their food (I have seen it multiple times). Once before KJK fed SJH with the same shopsticks in episode 321. I rewatched the segment when all of this started and I have to say that KJK bent his hand behind his back seconds before SJH sipped from his drink. And he continued to hide his drink behind his back until he got into the elevetor, that's when we once again saw KJK drinking his coffee openly. I think when KJK first entred the hall he thought camera wasn't rolling, just the VJs filming them (VJs filming them doesn't mean it's gonna be in the broadcast, it's a way to not let any funny moments slip away because there wasn't main camera on set). But once in the hall KJK hid his coffee behind his back, so I think SJH was eeying KJK's coffee when entering the hall and told him she wants some, then once on set KJK hide the coffee behind his back (maybe he thought the scene when entering the hall is not going to be broadcasted, so people wouldn't know what's behind his back and won't notice SJH there taking some sipps). I don't see another reason for KJK to hide the coffee behind his back till he entered the elevator then boom he starts drinking it openly. Also before hiding his coffee KJK took the burden to change the cup from his right to left hand it's to avert attention from his right where SJH is standing. Actually it reminded me of their moments in FM how they change the mic from one hand to another when they want to side-hugg each other. :D 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002689928

SM guested on SJ's radio show today, she was asked which member she's most uncomfortable with she replied KJK,"We haven't talked much, I would like to get closer to him""After partnering with Haha only for once we already become a lot closer"

Actually I think that next trip would be SM-JK as I had this thought when she asked him in the episode if he is okay to go. I think JSM will get the penalty and take KJK with her seeing how he was pushing the "I don't have a problem with going there" and "I like those kind of things", "I want to try iy". And now that she said this in the radio show I think the members who are going to get the penalty are already selected? Remember when she said she is the least comfortable with HAHA she was paired with him the next episode. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, myrunningman1 said:

422e2e.png

This was after everything was over and KJK about to get on the elevator. 

• Like 4

Talking about the recent episodes, many of you have said that the old RM concept are coming back. I do miss those old RM episodes when the games are a lot more interesting and funny to watch however, I also do want to consider that the members are getting old. I am not saying that older people can't play games that are much more vigorous or adventurous but we must also consider about their health and well being. 

Adding on to those of you that have discussed about straw sharing, I would say that in my family, we usually won't mind sharing a straw because this shows the closeness of our relationship with each other. My friends and I do share drinks/straws/food, we tend not to think about the 'indirect kissing' part but the sharing/enjoying food together or simply want my friends to try out my food which I find it tasty.

I hope that I'm not too late cuz I'm always the one that give late replies><   

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1
3 hours ago, saissuspicious said:

Actually I think that next trip would be SM-JK as I had this thought when she asked him in the episode if he is okay to go. I think JSM will get the penalty and take KJK with her seeing how he was pushing the "I don't have a problem with going there" and "I like those kind of things", "I want to try iy". And now that she said this in the radio show I think the members who are going to get the penalty are already selected? Remember when she said she is the least comfortable with HAHA she was paired with him the next episode. 

Don't you think it would be risky to send JK and SM on a mission alone? In the stress and fear of the moment, who knows what she would blurt out? There won't be even any of the RM cast to cover up for her like in the last episode. JK's glare at her after she blurted out he was married/not single reminded me of the death glare he gave KS when he said he wanted to switch bodies with JH. LOL

Technically, it is possible for JK and SM to be sent on the trip. Most of the trips, other than the Diamond mission, have high risk factors. So it is meant for someone who will be ready to attempt them and that fits JK. Again, he is part of the group that did not get the penalty last time. They also showed JK attempting the rope bridge mission in the couple race episode. But for entertainment purposes, they may also choose someone who is not good at it.  Another factor is  about the dice throw deciding the winner. I don't know whether they will re-introduce the dice throw next episode, but in this episode, it wasn't used. If the dice throw is not used in the next episode too (which seems to be the final one to choose who gets the stickers), think that means the production team has already decided who they want to go (not that dice throws can't be manipulated). This time, JS and JK picked two people to go, so it was certainly based on what the PDs wanted. So Min has already got two stickers, so in some ways, she has chances. But even if the PDs do send JK and SM, I don't see them sending them off alone to do the mission like last time. Think most fans would respond to them being sent off together with "wish it were KwangMin/Spartace".  

KwangMin and Spartace (to some extent) are the relationships the production team seems to be invested in these days, so why complicate them? If it is JK and SM, it won't be like the Tokyo and Yokohama division they did for the Scary Tour. Perhaps the whole cast will travel together but the two of them would do the mission alone. That would make it less awkward for everybody.  

But then again, two people doing the mission together has some romantic elements to it, so it may be KwangMin too (keeping my hopes really low for SA).  Who knows!  JK even said "whoever gets chosen will most likely pick KS". They keep pushing the unfortunate KS trope and it may be interpreted as yet another example of how KS cannot escape his misfortune. YooLee are the main characters for the production team at the moment, so there is some probability for one of them to go. If it is any of the scaredy cat guys who gets chosen, there is a strong chance for JK to get chosen. Some of the missions are really scary and for people with genuine fear of heights, it may be difficult to even finish them. So you may want at least one person to finish the mission so that there will be footage of the mission being completed. 

Haha too has got two stickers, so it may be Haha and JK too. But since the PDs haven't explored their variety relationship that much these days and it will exclude both of the two new members, there is lesser probability of it. There is also some chance that Se Chan will get chosen and he may choose JH or JK. But Se Chan has less variety appeal right now compared to SM, so the chances are not that bright. Even for the last episode, while they gave a main character to Se Chan, they also brought in both JK and YJS.

I feel JK and SM may be partnered up in the future, but wouldn't the easier first step be putting them in a team with someone both are comfortable with?. SM and Haha were partnered up in the couple race and that helped them get over their awkwardness, but before that, they were put in a team once with LKS and then with JS. But I think it was after the JS team up that they started bonding more. They may do the same with JK . They might put her on a team with JK and somebody else both of them are comfortable with like LKS or YJS or Haha.

I can kind of see where JSM is coming from. She and Haha weren't that close before. But during the last 2 episodes, I got the feeling that Haha has started treating her like a little sister where before it was more like a new colleague. So perhaps she wants such an equation with JK too. Her brother is a bodybuilder, so guess once they get past the initial awkwardness, think it would be easier for her to place JK.

1 hour ago, sjhx said:

Adding on to those of you that have discussed about straw sharing, I would say that in my family, we usually won't mind sharing a straw because this shows the closeness of our relationship with each other. My friends and I do share drinks/straws/food, we tend not to think about the 'indirect kissing' part but the sharing/enjoying food together or simply want my friends to try out my food which I find it tasty.

I already posted about drinking from the same straw, but I just remembered something so want to add to my earlier post. I personally still find it far too intimate for siblings and friends to use the same straw, and see the act as something that lovers are more likely to do. But, in the spirit of fairness and also as an attempt to keep myself grounded in my delulu, I remember when KJK's best bud CTH (from 2D1N) came in one of the earlier episodes, while doing a secret mission, he looked at what KJK ate, turned to him, and opened his mouth to be fed. KJK quickly and without any surprise complied. So, sharing food whether using the same utensil or actually being hand fed is a normal thing for KJK and his very close circle. Without a doubt, SJH is part of that circle so it makes sense that SA would be fine sharing a drink from the same straw. My point is, there's nothing wrong with doing that. My question still remains, if there's nothing wrong, why try to hide it? Very cautious. Very cute. Very SA. :D 

Edited by mn0096
Changed "strange" to "cautious" @ end of post
  • Like 5

I don't know whether it has been discussed before, but I just found KJK's brother's Instagram (dunno whether it's his clinic staff who manages it) follows Jihyo's fan accounts and Spartace fan accounts. However KJK himself does not follow his account. 

• Like 4