[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1

Yup. Totally @linzer03. It changes on each re-watch. Hehe Based on the episodes I re-watched till now and from what I remember of the coming episodes, I think JK may have at first thought he was among the possible contenders for a loveline with JH and may have tried to look at her with more interest in the beginning of the show coz of that. JK was also in a situation he wasn't used to - where there was a lone female who was too shy to express interest in any of the men around her. Also since perhaps Haha found JH cute, he may have discussed her with JK and when one of your friends does that, you also start noticing the person more. But once JK found out that he was not going to be in the loveline, think he stepped back and tried to support the MC loveline and the love quadrangle on the show. But he seemed more interested in pushing the HaHyo loveline than the MC one. In JH's case, think it took her a while to get her bearings. She may have started noticing JK more and more as the episodes progressed, but then she was forced into a loveline with Gary, something she really didn't want. Perhaps JH was the kind of girl who didn't expect to be put in a loveline or expected it to happen gradually. On episode 9, you have JS advising JH to be more like BS who is aggressive when it comes to flirting with JK, so perhaps the rest of the members expected JH to be more proactive when it came to starting a loveline. By the time JH looked around and realised that JK was the one she felt either closer to her type or wanted to be in a loveline with, it was too late. The whole JH wanting a KJK card can be read as JH saying something which may link her with JK. If the production team wanted to, they could have encouraged it since finally JH was saying indirectly that she preferred one man on the show to help her than the others. But they didn't and that remark was completely ignored by everybody. But of course, my opinions may change once I re-watch the episodes.

The saddest thing is if they had been assigned on the same team at least twice or thrice in the early episodes, think we might have got to see a different outcome. When I watch these episodes, I can see how competitive both are. JH is the one who tells her team members in episode 5 that there might be somebody on their team whose tag the opposite team needs to rip which is what gives them the lead in that game. JK is again really into the games and is the only one to spot the roof controls or even notice that the astronaut may have something in his hand. On the same team, they might have hit off from the start. Not to be!

It is good that you started this whole thing since I am discovering new things when I re-watch old episodes now. Since we have different perspectives on every episode and different people notice different things, it is fun and insightful.

@athoughtcloud1 I don't think KG was even considered as a possible love line partner for SJH until ep 8. When they do the love line in the beginning of ep 4, they introduce HH and KJK (and Nichkhun who doesn't really count). KG isn't even an option, and they don't draw any attention to KG and SJH (even when she's sneaks up behind him in the pool to surprise him with the encouragement of the rest of her teammates). I think there was probably zero chemistry between SJH and KG, like they weren't interested in each other at all. But I think KG made that one joke about SJH being good at love in ep 8, and it suddenly occurred to everyone how to solve their "what will KG's character be?" and "who will be the love line?" problems. And, to be fair, KG is good at being the Monday Boyfriend. I actually enjoy early Monday Couple when they didn't force SJH to reciprocate, and it was just KG's one-sided love line with cheesy comments. They didn't do MC in ep 9, and I think it might have been because that's when the KJK-SBS love line happened, and I doubt they wanted MC to compete with that love line. But I think ep 9 is also where SJH starts to realize that KJK is the one she's interested in when she sees him in a love line with SBS. And then in ep 10, SJH bids on the KJK usage voucher, showing that he's the one she wants help from. But the MC love line is already decided, so SJH and KG get ditched together in the episode. Then in ep 11, SJH also says she wants KJK's help with the jenga but is forced to accept help from KG instead. If they'd just waited a little longer what could have been...

Also, I was going to try to post ep 9 later today. If I'm going too fast, just let me know.

• Like 2

Running Man Rewatch Ep 9

This is probably the last one I'm going to do this week and give everyone a chance to catch up (those that are taking it slow). But I've been excited to get to this episode since @merada posted about it back on page 731. I’m going to try not to repeat anything said, but I do have some things to add in terms of spartace.

To me, this is the episode where SJH’s interest in KJK becomes more solidified. Before now, I think SJH was still trying to get her bearings and perhaps had some interest in KJK but hadn't really registered it yet. But in this episode, you can see SJH put off a bit by SBS’s love line with KJK. I took some screenshots and hopefully you can see what I’m talking about. 

So SBS runs out and jumps onto KJK by way of greeting, which to tell you how this love is going to go. When SBS starts talking about how this is her “first night” with KJK, SJH smiles and laughs, but she also starts to fidget. First she touches her head then she moves her hand down to clasp them in front of her.

Screenshot%2031_zps9uzdb9au.png

Screenshot%2032_zpsoujdbost.png

During the opening, YJS says “Ji Hyo, you have to do something like SBS” after SBS jokes that it’s her first night with KJK. @athoughtcloud1 and I just discussed this on the forum where we think YJS was trying to tell SJH to be more aggressive in which male she's interested in so that it'd be easier to form a love line.

I feel like this is the episode where whenever I look at SJH after a BongKook moment, SJH is wearing a fading smile. She’ll initially laugh, because this is a variety show and there are dozens of camera, but the smiles fades pretty quickly. I tried to get screenshots but it's hard to show in one picture. Oh well, I tried. Here are some other fading smile moments in the opening sequence:

Screenshot%2036_zpswxheambs.png

Screenshot%2035_zpseqhnohq7.png

Screenshot%2034_zpsmfyucpcj.png

When KJK and SBS leave on the rollercoaster, SJH asks, “Isn’t this too romantic?” And her voice isn’t excited but rather complaining a little, at least from what I can tell. Here are also some of her expressions while KJK and SBS are leaving on the rollercoaster together.

Screenshot%2037_zpsm2kybt7j.png

Screenshot%2038_zpsbool5rs9.png

YJS also comments about KJK’s singing to SJH specifically:

Screenshot%2039_zpscjubrlev.png

And here is SJH's reaction after KJK and SBS have returned:

Screenshot%2040_zpsnjez3a72.png

While the red team is celebrating one of their scores, SJH watches them rather than her own teammates.

Screenshot%2041_zpsbxurl6kr.png

SBS and SJH also get into a fight when SJH gets angry at KJK. The SBS and SJH dynamic in this episode is interesting, because during the opening and before SBS’s rollercoaster ride with KJK,

SBS and SJH don’t interact at all. But then the fight (which merada already posted pictures of) happens where SJH accuses KJK of cheating and KJK tries to act innocent. It should be noted that KJK and SJH are smiling throughout their fight. But then SBS physically steps into the middle and tells SJH not to attack KJK. 

And to me, it feels a bit like SBS gets competitive with SJH after that. Most likely, SBS was just doing it for variety, but SJH also gets competitive with SBS in a way that SJH doesn’t usually with female guests. Here you can see the fight continue a bit when SJH tries to stop SBS from interfering with LKS’s singing.

Screenshot%2045_zpsifuo9tsa.png

Screenshot%2046_zpslof5nzqy.png

After this confrontation between SJH and SBS, and then the two of them fighting to keep SBS away from LKS, SJH also gets involved in the KJK-SBS love line. As I’ve said multiple times, SJH doesn’t get involved with the other RM males’ love lines as much as she does in KJK’s. SJH leans forward and KJK turns away from SBS to talk to SJH. 

Screenshot%2047_zpsyvjzctr7.png

Then, after the Bells Hide and Seek game, we get the forehead kiss between KJK and SBS. Here are some of SJH’s reactions when anticipating the forehead kiss:

Screenshot%2048_zpsuznj5vvi.png

Screenshot%2049_zpshqt1s5fn.png

After the SBS forehead kiss, SJH is the first to notice KJK and asks, “Oppa, why are you crying?” She points at him and laughs at his reaction. She seems to enjoyed his sad reaction way more than any other part of the SBS-KJK love line.

Screenshot%2051_zpsqk8bzdu1.png

When SJH picks number 2, SBS says to KJK, “Wait, I’d like to pour it for her.” SBS pours way too much in, so YJS takes it and then KJK dumps some of it out. As KJK is dumping some of the powder out, SBS talks about how she's going easy on SJH. SBS doesn't pour for any of the other members before or after SJH. Again, SBS treats SJH a bit as competition, and I wonder if SBS picked up a bit on whatever was going on between KJK and SJH.

Screenshot%2052_zpsmji3inzh.png

That’s about the end of the spartace moments in this episode. It's a bit hard to properly capture SJH's fading smile in screenshots, but I tried. I recommend watching the episodes (at least the mentioned SBS-KJK scenes) to see the reactions for yourselves. But I think SJH is not entirely happy with the love line and is perhaps realizing that KJK would be her choice. However, we all know what happens in the next episode (coughMCcough).

• Like 4

because @linzer03 already mentioned all SA moments in episode 8, i'm just gonna added some non-SA moments that makes me think episode 8 is one of the best episodes during RM early days.

SJH "fighting" shout

during the Chopstick Break Game, after victoria gives encouragement to her teammates (KJK's team) by saying "fighting", then YJS asked SJH to do the same for her team (YJS's team)

m1drP7u.png 

then SJH say "fighting" (which i thought was already good and cute enough)

1bbnSc6.jpg 

but JSJ asked her to do it even more bubbly

2Ms9Qi4.jpg 

her voice tone is somehow similiar when SJH encourage RM team (*coughKJK*cough) during the Shinwa episode

JxqpfVH.jpg 

both are very cute and adorable

Big Nose Hyung Power

it's rarely to see JSJ excel in RM games, but during the Pegs Tug of War Game, he really stand out

in the first round, after his teammates pegs unclipped, it's his peg that still attached to his nose. the scene was really hilarious. his teammates laughing really hard. you can see lee joon laugh in the back

RfYFKm5.jpg 

and then it's 1 vs 5, but he's strong enough to hold out. even the crew laughing. 

PfH0PRl.jpg 

in the second round, it's no different. he's stand out again in 1 vs 2 after all SJH's pegs unclipped

mdv6HEX.jpg 

eventually he lose both rounds though

Ji Hyo's personality gets revealed

during the second round of Pegs Tug of War game, it's SJH-JSJ vs KG-Victoria. when victoria tried to touch her chin because she's start drooling, SJH automatically yelled her infamous "YAAA!!!" 

r37lS0x.jpg 

CMIIW, but i think this is the first time SJH yelled like that

note : if RM writers need inspiration for RM games, they really should look at RM early episodes. the games are funny and hilarious, and some of them wasn't physical at all

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mary-ann said:

wow, my goodness :flushed:

21 minutes ago, mialove said:

from fan account

https://mobile.twitter.com/shushUpp/status/840536620210180099

Jongkook always helps Jihyo go down the stairs.

what a man do for his beloved lady 

• Like 4

Hello everyone :) It's been long time since my last post.

4 hours ago, mary-ann said:

it seems like there wasn't many pictures or clips from this fanmeeting

Just saw some Thai comment on IG wrote that they not allow to take photo or video (During fanmeet Guard was very strict)

so there not much HD photo from large camera but still get some quick snap from mobile phone. 

:)

• Like 2