[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

12 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Rewatch of Running Man Ep 2 and 3

SJH’s first episodes on RM! She’s still labeled a guest. Here are just my observations watching the episodes. 

When SJH first arrives, YJS acts over friendly with her, and KJK leans over to whisper to HH, “Why does YJS act like she’s close to SJH?” The captions dub KJK as jealous, but I don’t think that’s really true. The other RM members often complain how YJS acts familiar with people, male and female, that he’s not actually familiar with. And when HH is complaining that YJS dropped SJH’s surname, 

The big moment of this episode for me is when KJK jumps off the 10 meter platform. SJH cheered for most everyone and covered her face whenever someone jumped from the 7.5 platform or higher, but with KJK, long after he’d finished jumping, she has her hands to her lips and is watching him with this super impressed look in her eyes.

After that, when they are all watching the recordings of YJS, it looks like SJH is standing next to KJK rather than with her teammates.

So then we have the moment where HH and KJK talk about exes. SJH’s reactions are interesting, since she laughs along but it seems a little stiff in my opinion until HH says that it wasn’t an amicable break up, and then we get a close up of SJH laughing very hard. SJH also finds KJK being angry at HH really funny as well. It seems like she might be a little uncomfortable with the girlfriend talk until it’s clear that they are talking about exes, and then she finds the conversation amusing.

As we’ve said before, I think KJK was dating during FO and then went through a break up before RM started. He’s still pretty sensitive about HH bringing up that the break up wasn’t amicable, and I think this is the girlfriend that broke up with him because of the gym, since that certainly wouldn’t be an amicable break up.

My opinion on spartace during the first two episodes is that they’re awkward coworkers. There are brief moments of attraction or interest between them (most notably is SJH’s reaction to KJK jumping off the 10 meter platform, but you could also include KJK complaining to HH about YJS acting close with SJH depending on how you interpret that scene), but that’s it. They’re not overly aware of each other like they are in later episodes.

And so these are my opinions on the FO episodes and the first two RM episodes. I wasn’t going to start on the next episodes until Monday or Tuesday next week. But I’m really curious to hear everyone else’s thoughts. Different interpretations? Anything to add?

wow, you work fast :D

i agree with your view on both episodes

specially her reaction when KJK jump from the 10m platform.

maybe because they are still busy, that's why they are not overly aware of each other.
KJK is still building his image as mr.capable while SJH busy trying to be a good guest and considered to be a permanent member of RM

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1

Sorry @linzer03. I have been really busy. I could only re-watch F.O episodes 58 and 59.

Like you all, I also don't think anything even started on F.O. But since this is the first time they met, thought we should go through them. There aren't any special moments to watch, but the moments that are there gain in significance coz we are spartacers - like how JH"s first proper words to JK on broadcast are a fake confession, that it is JS who tries to set them up (SJ says JS introduced him to his wife and while this was done just for fun, if SA get married, you can say JS was the first who tried to set them up LOL), that JK and JH end up on the same team for two games - during the pole game and then as part of the ghost team and that it is JK who helps JH up during her first game on a variety show. During the Factory Misison, JH tells JS that she had to wait around for 2 hoursin her ghost costume for her first victims to enter. JK and Jong Shin were the only members on her team at that point. So JK and JH might have spent some time together doing make up or hanging out while waiting for their victims (think part of the reason JH boldly approaches JK the next morning rattling to him about Daesung's boasts could also be coz they had become less awkward with each other coz of the previous day's ghost factory mission).

I dont see any romantic vibes from either of them in this episode. I have also heard like some of you that JK was dating someone during this time (could be one of the reasons his lovelines with Hyori and Ye Jin were less serious than the JK-YEH loveline, but that can also be coz F.O was more of a natural format compared to X-man). Again, this was the episode where Kookri (JK-Hyori) loveline was on and one of the memorable times JK and Hyori were left on their own without the other family members, so JK also had other things to occupy him.

Re-watching the episode, the feeling I get is that JH left more of an impression on JS than JK (JS and JH spend more time together as well). This was an interesting period on F.O. Park Ye Jin who had a strong presence on the show coz of her variety character as Savage Ye Jin and her fake loveline with Kookie had left the show and in her place, the variety newbie Park Si Yeon, had joined. In her recent variety show, Si Yeon reminisced her days on F.O talking about how she was a failure on the show since she was new to variety and didn't quite know how to go with the flow. For instance, she would be discussing something which had already been discussed when others would have moved past that. I haven't watched all episodes of F.O, so I don't know how it went after that though I know Si Yeon later withdrew from the show coz of health reasons. Anyway, so it had just been around 3 episodes with Si Yeon when Ji Hyo guested. And strangely enough, to me, it seems like Ji Hyo gelled better with the cast than Si Yeon at that point (who I guess was more shy and had less of a variety presence compared to JH). JH's variety presence on RM hasn't been always that consistent, but when she guested on F.O, it was pretty obvious that she had a strong presence that could be turned into a memorable variety character. JH arrives with dried fish for the members and Hyori says 'we have another person who is not normal'. While JH is quiet during the barley harvesting segment (she does look up when JK starts talking about how SNSD's fanclub, but it could be coz he was at the far end and he was speaking that authoritativey for the first time in that episode), once the pole game starts, she is really active.

I think there are people JS hits off from the start and somehow JH seemed that kind of a person. He may have picked her on his team (and she look so surprised and happy when she picks him) since she was the guest, but he kind of takes her under his wing for the rest of the episode too. He encourages her (like he would encourage a much younger sister) asking her to do her best against Hyori and tries to create a character for her like pointing out she looks clueless half the time. He also makes  her stay with him while the others go out to pick things for the meal. That is no surprise since it is usually JS' style to take care of an inexperienced guest and then it wouldn't be good to make the guest do all the work. While JH at first just listens in while the older men and Haejin talk, she catches right on and without batting an eyelid asks Haejin to piggyback her and when he says she is quite light retorts 'that is coz I was born a princess'. As to whether JS was trying to create a new loveline  between JK and JH only he knows. When he tells JK that JK looks happy to be on his team so that he can be with JH, JK smiles a bit shyly. JS calling out to JK about JH's supposed feelings for him might be a follow up of that(trying to create another fake scandal like he did with Ye Jin). Or he might have been trying to get a reaction from JK who was not responding well to him on the other side. So he might have thought saying stuff like that might get a stronger reaction out of JK. It is possible that JS did ask JH who she found handsome/liked among the members like @merada mentioned.Or JH may have guessed that JS was going to say something scandalous and hence tried to cover his mouth. I think JK does in fact hear what JS says (that JH loves you) since he has this exasperated look on his face as he turns to his right (since YJS had in fact set him up in a fake loveline with Ye Jin before, he might have known JS was again up to one of his tricks). For me, while JH's 'JK oppa ----haeyo' was primarily about her being a good sport (playing along with JS), it is still a bit of a surprise since JH usually doesn't like doing things she hates (especially in the beginning of RM and even now in some cases).My feeling is that if JH wasn't that comfortable with the variety character of JK (the shy guy who doesn't respond easily as opposed to a man who would start flirting with her back), she wouldn't have done that.

I wonder if JS somewhere started feeling that JH would have been a better replacement for Ye Jin than Si Yeon coz he mentions JH more often than Si Yeon through the whole episode (like say how JH's face looks bloated when they all come to do their morning mission or making her do 'Hot Issue' dance again and again or asking Si Yeon to learn from JH when she brings down Hyori from the pole). Also, since she was more athletic, easygoing, bolder and perhaps more appealing to the younger men of F.O, she could have been used as a rival to Hyori and part of a loveline more effectively (perhaps with JK since JS did try to do something similar with JH and JK that he had tried to do with JK and Ye JIn). Anyway, JH not only bonds well with JS, she also forms comfortable equations with Hae Jin and Daesung. Also, you can detect JH's greater variety presence compared to Si Yeon in the contrast one finds in the audience reception to both of them doing the exact same thing - telling the family about Daesung's tall tales. JH knows when to present the topic (it is when Hyori asks JH as to whether she had prepared the breakfast) and how to do it (I helped to prepare the breakfast following the instructions from Daesung). While JS may have been trying to humour the guest, think JS means it when he says 'you can't mess with Ji Hyo'.

It is also an interesting moment for me as a Spartacer that the lady at the hair salon tells JH that her favourite part of F.O is JK's bickering relationship with Hyori (where JH gets to hear of JK's loveline from someone else).

I am sorry that this was less of an SA moment analysis than a JS-JH moments analysis. But I really don't think JK and JH shared any romantic vibes at this point. JK may have left an impression on JH as the strong man on the team who was also part of the show's memorable loveline and her going to JK with her complaints is with the expectation that he is the best man to shut Daesung up. Somehow, I felt JK was a bit preoccupied during this episode, but I think JH's surprising athletic streak and her Hot Issue dance may have left an impression on him as well. If they hadn't met on RM, JK may not have remembered JH's Hot Issue dance this clearly, but in fanmeet PCs and on RM, JK has talked about JH's Hot Issue dance as something he remembers from 7 years back (in the fanmeet PC, he asks JH if she hadn't practised for Hot Issue 7 years back).

Anyway, after re-watching JH's episodes, I feel it wasn't that much of a surprise that JH was asked to guest on RM. Since the chief producer of the show JH was hosting at that time, Inkigayo, was Nam PD who was also behind F.O, perhaps she guested on F.O coz of him. Since he was the chief producer of RM, he may have called her again. But JH had also left a strong impression on JS, the other major decision maker, with her guesting on F.O.

Coming back to Spartace, there is a cute moment for me during the Ghost Factory mission. When JK says the hair on the mannequin head looks real and even smells of shampoo, you have JH trying to smell her own hair. LOL On RM, we get to see how JH always seems particularly responsive to JK's statements and it is cute to see this starting on F.O itself.

@linzer03 I don't think the bad break up Haha refers to was the one with the girl who broke up with him coz of his gym obsession. He talks about that story in a talk show which I think was either during F.O or before. So I don't think it was her. My feeling is that it may have been one of his early relationships since some time needs to pass for most people to talk on public broadcast about a relationship which ended badly .

Guest athoughtcloud1

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/03/running-man-time-slot-gets-slightly-adjusted/

I don't know how this will go. RM had reached the 2nd place in ratings in its time slot after a long long while with the last episode. And now from April, it will compete with TROS and Masked Singer. They had done this previously as well and I got to hear mixed reports about the results. Hope the ratings don't drop further coz of this!

41 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

They had done this previously as well and I got to hear mixed reports about the results. Hope the ratings don't drop further coz of this!

i don't know on early day of rm which time slot they been air , but now it seem it's 3rd change 

as it show here change on 2012 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2012/05/running-man-and-laws-of-the-jungle-2-get-new-time-slots

the other one i think it's on november 2015 , which make really RM rating suffer after that , since then rating never back to normal .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

@linzer03 I don't think the bad break up Haha refers to was the one with the girl who broke up with him coz of his gym obsession. He talks about that story in a talk show which I think was either during F.O or before. So I don't think it was her. My feeling is that it may have been one of his early relationships since some time needs to pass for most people to talk on public broadcast about a relationship which ended badly .

My bad then. I remember him talking about it in an interview. I'd thought it was during RM, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Thanks for the correction! 

Also, more PD notes

• Like 3

Guys, did you all notice that during the latest ep when they were giving suggestions about what to do for the second mission, JK suggested that they should play ping pong, i can't help but be delulu since during the ep when Cha Seung Won came, JH said she was gonna practice playing ping pong after she's done with ddakji, can't help but thinking that JK chose to play ping pong because he thought it would be a game that JH is good at hehe :phew::wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/03/running-man-time-slot-gets-slightly-adjusted/

I don't know how this will go. RM had reached the 2nd place in ratings in its time slot after a long long while with the last episode. And now from April, it will compete with TROS and Masked Singer. They had done this previously as well and I got to hear mixed reports about the results. Hope the ratings don't drop further coz of this!

i've read the comments there, and some says that it's the way chosen by SBS to slowly kill RM, lowering the already single digit rating and in the end canceling the show.

although a part of me have the same thought with them, but i'm still hoping that wasn't true

really, the members already suffer enough, don't you (SBS) dare hurting them again :angry:

• Like 3

@Adines Nugraha I always say I've given up on trying to understand SBS, but I keep coming back and trying. It seems weird that SBS would try to slowly kill such an internationally popular show - especially since they could have just ended it in February like planned. Perhaps they want to try to capitalize on the international popularity of RM but want to find something else for the Korean audience in that time slot. It's more likely that SBS has no idea what they're doing. I just hope it doesn't end RM after everything they've been through. I want RM to end on the members' terms, no one else's.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, coffeecoffee said:

They brought DongWan back, so if they wanted to kill RM, what is the point of bringing new PD (I think he got promoted from FD to PD).

Either ways, let's wait and see.

wow nice, the once-maknae-FD became the new PD

*beep-beep* 

hopefully he can get along with the cast member again just like in the past

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chelseafjl8 said:

So...Gary liked another SA pic again

hahaha nice one, and seeing the comments there makes me smiling even more :D

they say that they've look at the "neighbour" shipper comments about KG liking this pics, and the comments are ridiculous, such as KG "accidently" hitting the like button, or it's not KG that hit the like button, or KG just trying to support SJH only, etc

really, are the "neighbour" shipper that desperate ? :glasses:

• Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1

I feel SBS wants to use RM's time-slot for another show, something that would get them better ratings. After all, RM2 was supposed to do that. But the recent plans were initially to shift RM to a weekday late night time slot. But the netizens were all strongly against such a move. All the comments under the articles were saying SBS was crazy to shift it to a weekday slot when teenagers and young people who form the core audience of the show won't be able to watch it. Again, that would have been such a coming down for the show which has been part of the Good Sunday Line up for so many years. Also YJS wouldn't have a Sunday show which would have hurt his reputation as the Nation's MC (FO was also a part of the Good Sunday line up). Now Flower crew has worse ratings than RM, staying in the 4-5 margin. Once it ends, they will shift RM to its time-slot. I am worried since RM had been slowly stabilising its ratings in the current time slot. I don't think it is meant to kill the show. Think SBS is letting RM stay on in its sunday line up for some more time, but don't know whether they have that many expectations from RM now.

Anyway, glad Dong Wan FD is returning to RM though he has been promoted.

No idea what Gary is up to. Don't think this will create any waves other than on insta among his devoted MC shipper fans. Wonder whether he is getting bombarded with 'when are you marrying JH?' comments from MC fans coz of the marriage rumours and hence this! Let's see! But two times is no accident!

I feel like KG is aware of the constant fights and unreasonable hatred to KJK (and Spartace) in the name of 'defending' him and just be like "Chiiiiiiiiiiill guys. I love both of them too and have no problem if they're together." (That photo doesnt even have any tag... KG is just lurking around in the SA world lol)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, delusionalduckling said:

I feel like KG is aware of the constant fights and unreasonable hatred to KJK (and Spartace) in the name of 'defending' him and just be like "Chiiiiiiiiiiill guys. I love both of them too and have no problem if they're together." (That photo doesnt even have any tag... KG is just lurking around in the SA world lol)

The poster tagged all the members name in the comment section. However, we all know how many photos he is tagged every day and surely two times is no coincidence. Wonder when will be the third time?

About the time slot thing, fantastic duo didn't get a good rating last time in the earlier time slot and I wonder how they will do this time. I really doubt that FD can get rating over 10 although I'm this program's regular viewer.

IMO, SBS just want to keep RM in order to satisfy overseas viewers like us so they really don't care when RM will broadcast therefore they were looking to move RM to weekdays. However, the responses were no good so they have to keep it on Sunday. Nonetheless they still hope that they can get a higher rating in at least one of their show on Sunday, so they are betting on FD this time because we all know they gave up on RM long ago.

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1

Subbed, this episode may be funnier, but I miss the old format. They were saying they would bring back the classic games with a twist, but I am yet to see it.

There was also one time in this episode where JK was lifting a bed on his own and JH was asking him whether he could lift it alone or something and he told her it was okay.