[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

5 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

I'm appreciating it, I just wish they wouldn't overdue it with that cheasy music

I understand. But that's something we cant control. I think, she chose the music because the lyrics say I MISS YOU, I LOVE YOU. Maybe it's her way of saying she will miss SA moments. 

• Like 2

Have you watched the latest RM episode? Their usual pranks is funny though tricking JSK kinda went too long. The prison break idea seems to be good but with RM caliber it's too easy except for rapelling down the building where only JH and JH are really brave to do it without hesitations. A glimpse of JSK renewing vows look hearfelt, but i wished their son could be there. Bits and pieces if SA moments but at least they still have the skinships in spite of just having the blind date ep. 

• Like 2

@3493angelride I love this episode :) I always love JSJ-centric episodes. Weird situation, finding map to break the prison to get to the wedding... I think the idea is really good and reminds me of old RM which is great because JH's week and JK's week (the two I anticipated the most) turned out just okay but not that fun or extraordinary.

I love it when SJH laughed after seeing KJK's smile because JSJ ordered him to. The camera didn't cut to SJH but her laugh was so hearty I just imagined her laughing happily seeing KJK smiling cutely like that. I love it when KJK was holding on to SJH when they have to trace the path avoiding the hollow ones... It was so unnecessary lol he hold on to her like the the traps are so deep or something. I also love it when he hold her hand when she wants to got out of the building (Too bad YJS covered it :(). KJK helped everyone but I just love seeing him taking extra care for SJH while she probably the one that needed it the least. Non SA-related, but I love it when YJS was referencing Escape Crisis No. 1 after KJK made it out of the building. I teared up when JSJ teared up :') It was a beautiful episode.

• Like 5

DID YOU GUYS HEAR?! RM might NOT actually end bc the members have decided to continue the show. Supposedly PD has repeatedly apologized about the incident and members came to a decision to continue with the show on forth.

from the looks of it, its sincerely looking as if the show isn't ending at all.

A RELEASED STATEMENT WAS JUST OUT. After a much apologizing from the PD to the members, both parties have made the decision to stay on filming the show after seeing the reaction and listening to international/local fans. PD is thankful that the 6 members have decided on such a difficult decision like that. But because of the fans, the CURRENT members have decided to stay for us and work hard to continue the show instead of cancelling it.

RUNNING MAN WILL NOT BE ENDING AT ALL.

again, idk how I feel about this

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

DID YOU GUYS HEAR?! RM might NOT actually end bc the members have decided to continue the show. Supposedly PD has repeatedly apologized about the incident and members came to a decision to continue with the show on forth.

A RELEASED STATEMENT WAS JUST OUT. After a much apologizing from the PD to the members, both parties have made the decision to stay on filming the show after seeing the reaction and listening to international/local fans. PD is thankful that the 6 members have decided on such a difficult decision like that. But because of the fans, the CURRENT members have decided to stay for us and work hard to continue the show instead of cancelling it.

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/running-man-officially-uncancelled/

• Like 5

I read at allkpop I'm not surprise because it's one in a lifetime an Asian variety show was on the top ten of BUSINESS INSIDER 

i think they were surprise how popular the members and the show itself not only in Asia but around the world all they care about is the F*****rating  which is not bad at all 

all they care about is how Korean and Chinese audiences think about they don't even give a s****viewers from other parts of the world (no offense from Korean and Chinese)  and now they know that there bread and butter will come to an end they  can't come up any show that will rival RUNNING MAN'S popularity

they thought changing and firing members  and adding knang ho dong will change everything and rating will go  up

they thought  having popular  guests or having popular tnew member(KHD actually I think he didn't accept the offer not because of tang members personal relationships with him it's because he knows the consequences he will have if he push thru)will save the show well there wrong they didnt think about the dynamic chemistry closeness hardship of the members put thru for the seven years how they take charge how they make it funny how they ignore the pain that they have

now they realize that there pot of gold is disappearing they need to fill it up the best way they can get that pot to appear again is to bring Running man again 

• Like 3

Glad I'm not the only one who has mixed feelings about this. I feel like SBS just don't know what to do with the show... On one hand, it's dying, the rating is bad, the good PDs are gone so you got bad episodes one after another, the members are not as healthy as they were before to star in a physically demanding show... it makes perfect sense to be scrapped and replaced. On the other hand, it's insanely popular worldwide, the fanbases are so big, fans love the members too much like they're idols, it's impossible for SBS to have another show as iconic as this one... it's hard to let it go, especially with how much money it makes from fan meetings and selling the right to show RM in other countries. If I were the one responsible for it, I'd also be confused on what to do.

I just hope they all take a break for awhile to really really think about what they have to do with the show. New concept, new characters, everything's fine as long as they planned it seriously. I feel like the production team has been relying too much on the members (and guests) to make it interesting while throwing them shtty scenarios. I'd hate to see the show continues only to be treated half heartedly because the production team feels like its popularity make it safe for them to put shtty episodes and concepts. More than anything, I want SBS to treat the members with respect, unlike what happened with KJK and SJH. Kudos to the members especially KJK and SJH for putting up with this mess.

• Like 6

Guest athoughtcloud1

I had seen this coming for some time and had privately speculated about this. Had seen a naver article about 2 weeks back about the fate of SBS variety shows in 2017 with both kpopstar and RM coming to an end.From the article, I felt SBS didn't have that many options for a follow up. The article said SBS was considering choosing between three new shows, but from what I could see, none of them were that big or had big names that could attract an audience. The other option was to move Flower Crew to RM time slot, but that show is not such a ratings grabber. Most of the comments under the article said it would be hard to replace RM which had become a 7 year habit with a random new show.

This to me partially explains why the blind date episode happened after the SA new year marriage forecast. I feel the plans of the cast and the crew changed after that episode. SBS ran out of options and realized it had shot itself in the foot after that 2016 business insider survey. I think SBS wants to continue with RM for a while till they can find a good show in that timeslot, either RM 2 or another show with YJS. To placate SA and the other members and to save its face, they demoted Gong Hee Chul. Anyway, let's see what happens. I think both JK and JH would want to get a big show before RM ends so that their career doesn't suffer. So I believe they will be okay with this.

well, the same with you guys, i have mixed feeling about this announcement.

RM continue airing will mean more SA moment to see (hopefully), especially with news about SA wedding (KJK already said that if he would announce his marriage, it will be through RM) :heart:

but i hope, the producers and PD can come with a new game concept that less burden to the members physique (don't make KJK pull car again pls) but still fun and interesting to watch.

• Like 5

dudeeee!! DUDEEEE!!!!! i'm so freaking overjoyed hearing that news, i literally scream "FUUUUUUUK YES!" in my room!! Man, who would've thought that the uncancelled of a show would bring me such a joy!

okay, enough for my joy. despite i think SBS shoot their own knee and lick their own spit, i really want to applaud the cast members, especially JK and JH for agreeing to stay even after all that fiasco. I believe the production team will get their mind straight and try their hardest to revive RM again, after all this mess, I think even the young PDs dont want to produce something underwhelming again, as of now, people will look toward their works even more. I think everyone in production as well as cast will work harder to produce amazing content again, especially production team, they owe that to the cast and viewer after that mess. 

For now, i'm really content to hear my monday will not be so gloomy after all, and even though if SBS really cancel RM in the future, i just hope its not a mess of a cancel like before.

Side note : after all this mess, it really remind me of that leessang song lol, it really is a "girl who cant break up, a guy who cant leave", lmao.

http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.co.id/2017/01/running-man-wont-end-in-february-to.html

• Like 7

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I had seen this coming for some time and had privately speculated about this. Had seen a naver article about 2 weeks back about the fate of SBS variety shows in 2017 with both kpopstar and RM coming to an end.From the article, I felt SBS didn't have that many options for a follow up. The article said SBS was considering choosing between three new shows, but from what I could see, none of them were that big or had big names that could attract an audience. The other option was to move Flower Crew to RM time slot, but that show is not such a ratings grabber. Most of the comments under the article said it would be hard to replace RM which had become a 7 year habit with a random new show.

This to me partially explains why the blind date episode happened after the SA new year marriage forecast. I feel the plans of the cast and the crew changed after that episode. SBS ran out of options and realized it had shot itself in the foot after that 2016 business insider survey. I think SBS wants to continue with RM for a while till they can find a good show in that timeslot, either RM 2 or another show with YJS. To placate SA and the other members and to save its face, they demoted Gong Hee Chul. Anyway, let's see what happens. I think both JK and JH would want to get a big show before RM ends so that their career doesn't suffer. So I believe they will be okay with this.

I was excited to hear about the news,but at first I thought it was fake news. I have to agree with you on this one, they probably have no idea what other show to come up with,so they might be using RM as a temporary hold for now. Flower Crew ratings are in fact worst than RM,and if they do create a new show,it might be as bad as Flower Crew, then they will actually be losing more money. So to keep RM is the best thing to do as they can still earn internationally as countries buy from them. 

I won't be surprised if they conclude the show in a years time or so, which for now might not happen. But the next time when announced, it would mean 'the end' already.

Though I feel bad for the members,because it seems RM is just using the show to buy time,but kudos to KJK and SJH for putting their pride aside again to let fans be happy. I do hope that the show can changed to meet the demands and so as not to strain members health. Hopefully Koreans will watch and support RM despite of this mess,and may their ratings improve to double digit. 

Meantime I hope KJK and SJH can find more shows in case SBS plays them out again.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, joyspartace_stv said:

I thought it would be fake news was going to wait till the end of the day to comment. Now that its been comfirmed here are my initial thoughts. We really do see how grateful KJK and SJH is to their fans. Can you imagine if you were put in the same situation? Not only agreeing to film till end of feb but now to agree to film their whenever SBS wants. I really hope that they get improved contracts and it sees a better relationship between the members and the producers/company. I have been enjoying the past few episodes of RM but it could have been since i knew i had to enjoy the very last few episodes. 

RM has had chance after chance to produce a quality show. I hope this time they'll make use of this opportunity. I'm quite selfish at being happy to see more of this "family" every week. Let's hope for more success! 

• Like 6

are they freaking kidding? the whole drama is for nothing? whoever the guy cause this i want to hunt him down for everything first

i honestly want it to end. Then start something fresh. Like the glass has been broken so it wont be the same. I think I love them to much to let them be treated this way. And honestly, what does PD know what they did wrong with running man after all? Too much guest and bad editing and so on...

I guess SBS couldnt find a placement. Maybe even yoo jae suk refuse to do a new show so they have no choice but to keep running man

Nam Sung-yong, who led the birth of 'Running Man', is the new SBS director of entertainment.  << so whoever that guy was, wad fired?

or at least they could have end the season 1 and start with season 2, at least something fresh

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, seabear11 said:

I thought it would be fake news was going to wait till the end of the day to comment. Now that its been comfirmed here are my initial thoughts. We really do see how grateful KJK and SJH is to their fans. Can you imagine if you were put in the same situation? Not only agreeing to film till end of feb but now to agree to film their whenever SBS wants. I really hope that they get improved contracts and it sees a better relationship between the members and the producers/company. I have been enjoying the past few episodes of RM but it could have been since i knew i had to enjoy the very last few episodes. 

RM has had chance after chance to produce a quality show. I hope this time they'll make use of this opportunity. I'm quite selfish at being happy to see more of this "family" every week. Let's hope for more success! 

yes  I agree with u. we really've right couple to ship for. I mean not just they r lovely but also they show us a good example how to live this life.

But seriously this news really make me like, WHUUUT, cause actually these weeks eps make me realize something, new PDs r really need alot of thing to learn (every one need to learn more, including myself:)) and an ending to rm like something naturally have to happen. For example this week eps, the way they escape from prison, its too easy, I know this is a variety show, but I remember how the previous pds make a hard game to challenge the member, not all of these game are logic, but at least there are some awesomeness when the member solve them. They easily got the map, the escape route r nicely just a straight path, and the trap is, its too boooo, even when yjs step on the wrong square its just being okay, they took like 15 minutes to go down from a third floor building while act scardy cat (some fans said stop beating the dead house, and I kinda agree with while looking at Haha), I see kjk kind of realize it too, while haha talk about being moral boost with thinking dream, kjk silently looked down and leaned back the wall. I mean the thrill of runningman its not physically but also in term of mystery of solving problem together with the member while watching.  I remember when rm go to The Great Wall Haha and kjk in one team while they rode on cable car they just chitchat with an actor casually. I dont hate haha or blame other member who have to act coward due to character they have. But this what we got if the scenario just so so, like what other said the PDs rely too much on members.

While being criticizing I also believe that our lovely show has done well. Much better than mudo or 2d1n. RM dont have much of changes in member so the chemistry keep being solid. I really hope this "dark era" of rm will end soon. I am sorry if I have spill to much non sense.

And yoop this is still a GREAT news, since we still have mood booster every week and we still have regular lovely scenes and infos about spartace. So spartace become publicly official will much further ahead I guess, but still enjoy it. Like jsj wife said. The happiness is not a goal, the paths ahead are the happiness. Have a fun day dear friends. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, dyna3 said:

Me either. I have mixed feeling about the news. Considering every members health, I think actually its a good thing that the show ends. On the other hand, I can no longer see SA moments.  

I believe that every ending is a new beginning.

The thought of SA development would be better if RM ends is there in my mind (Forgive me for my delusional thought).

You know what I mean. Behind the scene is much more meaningful than on scene. No more 'stare on each other lovelines' whatsoever. 

Maybe the show can go on with new casts - a fresh start. And the original members can occasional guest starring.

KJK and JH can come for the long awaited announcement (I wish or should I say we wish) . 

and then they can do a nametag ripping just like tiger JK and Yoon Mirae. 

wow, i remember that episode

in the beginning, they both had an argument about something and end up not looking into each other eyes in the whole episode

even LKS and YJS who were in the same team with them feels really awkward

both the ending was really........something romantic :glasses: 

• Like 2

@Chi Le Yes, he was fired. If I'm not mistaken, in Dec 2016 Gong Hee Chul was appointed as the CP of the variety department that includes Running Man and he was the one who made the decision to fire KJK and SJH that ultimately led to Running Man ending. A couple weeks ago I read that SBS made changes in its entertainment board, including the replacement of GHC to Nam Seung Yong. NSY was one of the people who created Running Man though I'm not really sure what was his position at the time. I think he's the one who made the decision to cancel the cancellation of the show.

Edit: Whoops I actually dont know if he really was fired or being demoted hehe sorry

• Like 6

5 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

3 hours ago, Sarita Ramchandani said:

I was excited to hear about the news,but at first I thought it was fake news. I have to agree with you on this one, they probably have no idea what other show to come up with,so they might be using RM as a temporary hold for now. Flower Crew ratings are in fact worst than RM,and if they do create a new show,it might be as bad as Flower Crew, then they will actually be losing more money. So to keep RM is the best thing to do as they can still earn internationally as countries buy from them. 

I agree that the lack of shows which could replace RM played a big part. I remember when RM's ratings dropped to single digits, I had a lot of debate on this with SA-ers; on whether RM would end. But I always maintained that as long as there is still a huge Chinese market to tap on (where the fans are not yet sick of RM), RM would stay. Another criteria was if SBS had any shows up their sleeves which could replace RM. There was no point dropping RM if SBS could not find a new concept/show/hosts where they could guarantee better ratings than RM. If not, a RM with poorer ratings was always better than a new show with even worse ratings. 

So the same logic applies here. SBS realised it has no new shows it could tap on. Worse, which host/celebrities would want to be held infamous for taking on a show which replaced RM's timeslot? You know how sometimes, a drama replacing another red-hot drama suffers from the curse of being compared? The same logic would apply here. Even more, the celebrity would be blamed for being mercenary, for ending RM etc. It is not a good baggage to have to take on.

The thing I am more bothered about is how SA are going to move on from here. What are their plans? Are they never going to come clean, or did they never have the intention of doing so, which is why they agreed to continue? How would they be treated on RM? Like dirt because SBS never wanted them back actually? Or is this new head honcho going to change things? 

Looking back at the fortune telling episode, it seems like a lot changed since then. We were told then that LKS should go with YJS and distance himself from JK - which we all saw as a precursor to their new show. So now I guess JK is good for LKS again? And we heard that SA matches each other - only to then see two episodes later that voila, JK is interested in getting to know someone else better. There's just so many mixed signals right now

• Like 5