[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

credit to 圓夢

2f7f0ed162d9f2d3e85e1687a0ec8a136227cc92.jpg 

JK

When are you going to work out?

Let's count down in the gym, how does it sound?

Don't you find that meaningful?
Mightymouth

hahaha you're not being serious right? haha

JK

I'm being serious...

Let's start our new year in the gym

I am already getting excited

Mightymouth

I'm going to use self-service car wash now, I will contact you later haha

Jk

You would rather wash your car than fix your body?(I guess he means work out)

• Like 5

Guest athoughtcloud1
11 hours ago, aschae said:

This. It's a moot point now, but it baffles me why, as big of a role that RM has played in the Hallyu Wave, SBS hasn't paid more attention to their iFans. Bigger marketing to more fans = more money; seems like a no-brainer business concept to me...but what do I know. Though, given how everything has gone down, SBS doesn't deserve the money. I share your sentiments, @athoughtcloud1, and sincerely hope that some day *soon* those ideas will truly happen. 

Exactly my thoughts. I believe SBS hasn't used even 40% of RM's true potential. They still work within the traditional parameters of ratings and that too TV ratings in Korea. When I see RM getting one million views on sites which are not even related to SBS or on other people's channels on youtube, I wonder where SBS could have gone with this if they had tried to tap their international market more and made use of the internet. All the other variety shows, even those hugely popular in Korea, are envious of RM's global reach and still, SBS has not been able to cash in on that. In the beginning when RM's popularity exploded, there were attempts to tap the markets in other Southeast Asian countries but once they discovered the Chinese market, the focus shifted and those markets were not catered to any longer. Yes, they did get profits out of selling the broadcasting rights to some Southeast Asian countries, but if they had continued with keeping the fanmeets in these countries at least once in two years, it would have helped them expand more. RM had an audience even outside Asia, but that was also not explored. It were JK and Haha who made use of their popularity in the US for their RM Bros concerts. SBS put all their eggs in the Chinese basket and had to pay the price for that. Not to forget how SBS prioritised their Chinese RM over the original show.

I  don't have much idea about marketing, but even I can say SBS could have done much more. RM has been running for 7 years - couldn't they have developed their own subbing team or have an exclusive forum where i-fans could become members for a nominal fee or something? I am sure many of us would have loved to participate in something where we were treated as part of the target audience. They don't even use their youtube accounts well - if they had uploaded the missions that had been edited out, they would have got so many views. I still have not been able to figure out why they never compiled the BTS and edited out footage from each year and sold it as a package. Even 3 month long dramas which don't run well in Korea are able to get profits out of their international DVDs, then why not RM which has been running successfully for 7 years?. (Perhaps SBS will try to do something like that after RM ends, you never know).They failed to think out of the box for a show that could perhaps have charted new ways to spread the Hallyu wave.. 

Guest athoughtcloud1
25 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

JK

When are you going to work out?

Let's count down in the gym, how does it sound?

Don't you find that meaningful?
Mightymouth

hahaha you're not being serious right? haha

JK

I'm being serious...

Let's start our new year in the gym

I am already getting excited

Mightymouth

I'm going to use self-service car wash now, I will contact you later haha

Jk

You would rather wash your car than fix your body?(I guess he means work out)

It is not JK who is scary, but his demands. No wonder KS said he went to the gym to say "hi" to JK and came out only after a two and half hour work out. Guess JH is not "excited" enough for midnight workouts. 

2 hours ago, chelseafjl8 said:

http://m.ittoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=75061

Running man ranked the 9th most popular program in the world, SBS management personnel are just too smart!

viewimage.php?id=3eb2de21efda&no=29bcc427b28177a16fb3dab004c86b6f1241ce450ebd83e393e9e5b2ee9bd220f66ea156ceff3fe3b7666eaade650e9b354059d992fdf9eef22c4875b89fe3910a338df110bd5f7b03

All I can say is SBS only cared for their domestic ratings and did not bother about international.

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Exactly my thoughts. I believe SBS hasn't used even 40% of RM's true potential. They still work within the traditional parameters of ratings and that too TV ratings in Korea. When I see RM getting one million views on sites which are not even related to SBS or on other people's channels on youtube, I wonder where SBS could have gone with this if they had tried to tap their international market more and made use of the internet. All the other variety shows, even those hugely popular in Korea, are envious of RM's global reach and still, SBS has not been able to cash in on that. In the beginning when RM's popularity exploded, there were attempts to tap the markets in other Southeast Asian countries but once they discovered the Chinese market, the focus shifted and those markets were not catered to any longer. Yes, they did get profits out of selling the broadcasting rights to some Southeast Asian countries, but if they had continued with keeping the fanmeets in these countries at least once in two years, it would have helped them expand more. RM had an audience even outside Asia, but that was also not explored. It were JK and Haha who made use of their popularity in the US for their RM Bros concerts. SBS put all their eggs in the Chinese basket and had to pay the price for that. Not to forget how SBS prioritised their Chinese RM over the original show.

I  don't have much idea about marketing, but even I can say SBS could have done much more. RM has been running for 7 years - couldn't they have developed their own subbing team or have an exclusive forum where i-fans could become members for a nominal fee or something? I am sure many of us would have loved to participate in something where we were treated as part of the target audience. They don't even use their youtube accounts well - if they had uploaded the missions that had been edited out, they would have got so many views. I still have not been able to figure out why they never compiled the BTS and edited out footage from each year and sold it as a package. Even 3 month long dramas which don't run well in Korea are able to get profits out of their international DVDs, then why not RM which has been running successfully for 7 years?. (Perhaps SBS will try to do something like that after RM ends, you never know).They failed to think out of the box for a show that could perhaps have charted new ways to spread the Hallyu wave.. 

I agree with you that they failed on their marketing such as earning from subtiltles, because most of us aren't fluent or can't understand Korean.They would have had high ratings if they subbed the show and uploaded it online for us to watch. And RM isn't just popular within Asia but also in Europe,USA,Australia. SBS just shot themselves in the leg by being so narrow minded. They didn't think before acting. But now I would say they do not deserve RM at all as their apology wasn't sincere and they haven't apologized to fans and the way SBS treated RM during the awards ceremony, that showed they didn't want anything to do with RM and want to act as though nothing happened.

• Like 6

I spent the last week going over every page on the forum, enjoying the old little moments that SA's hawk eyes would see. A smile would always spread on my face when I see JK & JH in their own little world.

Maybe a part of me isn't excited for the remaining 2017 episodes but I've been a lot more down than I expected to be. Moments between Spartace isn't the same anymore. 

My cousin and i had a discussion and she's like the pessimistic type of fan. "They're not dating" "what if they're just close" and just now she said "he's obviously not going to spend New Years w/ JH after sending a message like that."

ive tried to argue every statement she made but now I feel like it's just.....maybe not true. She's a SA fan as much as we are but she chooses to keep her sanity while I'm willing to lose it bc LMAO LOOK AT SPARTACE. But now......I'm on the level of doubt now. If they're really not together, I respect whoever they choose to be with. That's what a true fan does. It'll just be a shame bc these two much so well.

now I'm just in a bundle of doubt and sadness and I hate myself for it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

I spent the last week going over every page on the forum, enjoying the old little moments that SA's hawk eyes would see. A smile would always spread on my face when I see JK & JH in their own little world.

Maybe a part of me isn't excited for the remaining 2017 episodes but I've been a lot more down than I expected to be. Moments between Spartace isn't the same anymore. 

My cousin and i had a discussion and she's like the pessimistic type of fan. "They're not dating" "what if they're just close" and just now she said "he's obviously not going to spend New Years w/ JH after sending a message like that."

ive tried to argue every statement she made but now I feel like it's just.....maybe not true. She's a SA fan as much as we are but she chooses to keep her sanity while I'm willing to lose it bc LMAO LOOK AT SPARTACE. But now......I'm on the level of doubt now. If they're really not together, I respect whoever they choose to be with. That's what a true fan does. It'll just be a shame bc these two much so well.

He explained on Healing Camp that he often asks for an excuse on special days like anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, New year. 

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1
24 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

Come on, we are talking about a really sly fox here who has managed to hide all his past relationships from the public. Do you think he would be fool enough to be caught with his girlfriend on the very days papz are watching - new year's eve, christmas etc. Remember how Dispatch releases big dating news usually on Jan 1st? From CTH's statement that made JK get all flustered and talk down to him in an award show where he is supposed to speak respectfully, I would say he has a girlfriend. Also, a girlfriend with whom he has been steady for a while who would understand if he chooses to spend the new year eve elsewhere. JK himself confessed in 'Healing Camp' that he doesn't buy his GF gifts on special days since that is the best way to get caught and so buys them on normal days when people aren't really watching. 

Keep your 10% doubt, but also don't get fooled by all that KJK does - the best way to make a public who have started doubting if he has a GF believe he is single is to take proof shots or leak information that he is alone in the gym even on the new year's eve. People would go "Poor him! Somebody please find him a GF". 

From the way mightymouth and badilov reacted to JK's request, would say this is not something he has done with them on new year's eve before. There may be other reasons JK wants to work out at midnight in the gym, but the timing is suspicious. JK is moving away from his habits this time around to do a countdown in the gym - is it coz of the increasing perception among the k-netz that he has a GF?

Amen, @athoughtcloud1, amen.

So true about how they haven't tapped into the online arena. From @chelseafjl8's post with the rankings of the most popular TV shows in the world, and all of the various comments about how iFans are the ones who have kept the show alive, this proves the point, yet they've kept the show largely on the TV. Sure, there's the lives streaming, but I'm doubting those numbers are not considered in anything. I'm guessing they get money from Drama Fever here in the US, but why do I have to go to an unaffiliated site just to watch the show? Sure, KBS' subtitle turn-around is not super fast, but at least I can go to their YouTube channel and watch shows with well-done subtitles, and I know that I'm supporting the show and the station. 

Excellent point, too, about how they put all of their eggs in the Chinese basket. If it was ever about the fans, and solely the fans, I feel the FMs would have continued visiting other countries, much like how they started out. Chinese fans aren't the only ones who made the show popular, nor are the only iFans who continue to watch the show. And those FMs easily could have become money-making, more than just whatever fees SBS rakes in. There's usually tons of merchandise (t-shirts, official program books, CDs/DVDs, etc.) that accompany the concerts of big music acts, and I'd say the show is at that level. Heck, every Broadway show and touring Broadway shows I've been to have a kiosk with official merchandise, and usually a website where you can purchase it from if you didn't have a chance to buy it at the show. There have been numerous times when I've tried to figure out where I can buy something I saw while watching Running Man. Sure, I've been able to figure it out and order a few things that I've seen on the show, but, let's face it: that took some time and energy, and sometimes I just want the official stuff from an official website XD. I also remember reading somewhere that if a specific item of clothing appears on the show, it sells out pretty quickly. There's an IG account that is basically "What Gary Wore", and lists the brands and styles his clothing; maybe wouldn't have to be for every member for every episode, but again, another missed opportunity. Wouldn't it have been great to have a place where you could buy not only the fan stuff (official hats, t-shirts, etc.), but also buy items "as seen on the show", not just the clothes, but also mission items, and have international shipping available? Or, imagine if they auctioned off signed name tags, with all of the proceeds going to charity...such a website for the show would have been amazing.

An official subbing team would be fabulous, like you and @Sarita Ramchandani mentioned, instead of having to debate between three different offerings to figure out which was the most accurate translation (shout out to iSubs...I started watching long after iSubs stopped, so I don't know if there were the same questions about translations then. However, re-watching old iSubs episodes makes me miss them). Or, if the domestic station wanted it off the air to make room for bigger, better programming, then why not make it an online-only show, from the official site, with comprehensive, well-translated subtitles, in a variety of languages, available to everyone across the globe? And a YouTube channel with BTS moments/un-aired footage? Oh my god I would LOVE that. It's obvious these people have amazing chemistry with each other, and there has to be hours of film of hilarious things happening that just didn't make it to air.  

@Sarita Ramchandani, I agree with your statement: RM doesn't deserve SBS' apologies. It still makes me mad that the cast were the ones reading the apology, and promising to work harder. I realize there's probably some cultural influence as to why the cast stated they would work harder, but c'mon...it's painfully clear that they were not the ones at fault, and I sincerely hope that none of them feel this way. Sure, there's things that occurred that we as fans aren't aware of, but I honestly do not believe the cast holds entire responsibility for the final product. JK's statements from the Turbo FM have revived some hope for me that maybe there's a second chance out there for this cast as a whole, from a station who can hopefully do things right...(and there's a delusional part of me that hopes they're lurking on fan boards such as this...:phew:)

Hallyu is supposed to be about getting KPop and other K-Entertainment to various parts of the globe. However, that can't be done when it's tightly enclosed in a box.    

• Like 9

1 hour ago, joyspartace_stv said:

just now she said "he's obviously not going to spend New Years w/ JH after sending a message like that."

I worked in a gym for three years. The hardcore lifters (which my boss was one of them) would tend to come in late in the evenings when there were less people around to get in their way. They also were very focused, and would get their workout done in an hour or two. The people who are super serious about it (which I would group JK in) don't fool around, and they get in, get out, and get on with it. Sure, I've been to gyms where there's wannabes who are in the gym for hours on end, fooling around and wasting time...but I'm pretty sure that JK didn't get his body by wasting time in the gym. I think it's safe to say he'd have enough time left in his evening to hang out with JH, and @athoughtcloud1, once again, brought up some excellent points.

Don't let the doubters sway you. I personally don't understand how JK's actions towards JH, at least the ones that aren't cut/end up on social media, would be okay by a girlfriend, year after year. Some of their skinship does not strike me as the stuff that "only friends" do. It's one thing to do it when you're hanging out with friends in private...but to be spotted doing it on things that are visible not only in your own country, but around the globe? It would have to be a ninja-level, all parties are okay with this, coordinated facade for this to just be a ruse of keeping JK's girlfriend hidden.

• Like 10

I wouldnt worry too much about JK's gym "demands" on his friends. I guess when you get older, days like New Years and Christmas really becomes less important; ie one does not neccessarily have to go out and it is pretty much like any other ordinary night (I've experienced this myself). So on that same logic, you're not bound or obliged to be with your other half, especially if you've already been together for some time. Moreover, its not like he's gyming away the whole day. 2-3 hours gone is not going to make much of a difference. 

And keep in mind that JK does have a habit of going to gym in dead middle of the nights even on holidays; he's posted on instagram before how he's alone at the gym at night and during christmas I think. So if he has that habit, I really doubt he's going to break it tonight and maybe just trying to find someone else to go along. The only thing we can conclude is JH is not his late night gym buddy which is perfectly fine imo

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, XuanNguyet said:

I read someone commented on sbs insta that Jihyo would move to China and mainly work there in 2017 to promote her acting career. Is that true?

Lmao no. The hallyu market is still closed, so she wouldn't be able to do much right now even if she wanted to. Also I'm guessing the ones saying this are mc fans and it's mostly wishful thinking on their parts, since Gary has a deal with Meipai to tour around 5 cities in China, and vlog his adventures.

Other then the 2 movies she did, she isn't a Chinese actress. Her focus would be on the fan meets and her new beauty show on JTBC.

• Like 4

I'm still in shock has to how badly SBS screwed up and how badly they handled it. I have zero business experience, and I think I could've handled this better than SBS did. They single-handedly ended the #9 most-watched TV show in the world and the #1 most-watched non-USA TV show, That's insane. Most people have talked about how SBS failed to reach its international audience, and I agree 100%. SBS failed to realize the value of their international audience. Even the way they handled the situation shows how little they value and understand their international audience. Give us easy access and we're willing to pay. But SBS couldn't do that, and instead focused on China and ratings in Korea.  

I'm a bit late, but I'm 99% certain spartace are dating. The 1% is just in case. I used to be on the fence, but from the time I started looking at them as a dating couple, they have never once acted differently from how I would expect a couple in their situation to act. I have older brothers, and spartace is not a brother-sister interaction. LKS-SJH is definitely. When you add everything together, really the only explanation is that spartace is dating. I think it's fairly obvious, but people refuse to see how obvious it is because it doesn't fit into their image of RM. I totally get wanting to not be 100% confident (even I only say 99%), but really, it's the only explanation that makes sense. 

And happy new year!!!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, aschae said:

JK's statements from the Turbo FM have revived some hope for me that maybe there's a second chance out there for this cast as a whole, from a station who can hopefully do things right...(and there's a delusional part of me that hopes they're lurking on fan boards such as this...:phew:)

Hallyu is supposed to be about getting KPop and other K-Entertainment to various parts of the globe. However, that can't be done when it's tightly enclosed in a box.    

If only SBS realized that ratings domestically isn't important when they have huge viewership internationally. I agree how they prioritied China and when China closed the doors and their ratings fell even more, they chose such a drastic step. 

Same as what @aschae said, I also do hope that the entire RM cast will have an opportunity to make a new show together and hopefully that company will be able to sub their videos, this way ratings can be counted at least. I really do hope that this wish and miracle will come through in 2017 for the RM members. 

They need to be more open minded and not just focus on one country, this way if one door closes,they are stuck.

Honestly speaking I was never into anything Korean until I started watching RM,and because of RM they exposed me to the songs whenever guests appear or when they sing the songs. Not just exposed to new songs but the old songs as well.

May all the running man members have a better 2017 and let's hope MBC,KBS or cable will be able to bring the cast together. Whoever who brings them together will realize the members potential and influence they already have.

• Like 9