[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

RM: Spartace on the same team in this episode and the next? (At least I think so because of the preview). Heck yeah! I'm not gonna complain! Nobody ever seems to say anything when Jong Kook and Ji Hyo team up to do a food episode. Of course, their team work is top noch and they truly are the aces of RM: That part of the episode where Jong Kook was looking at a grate saying "Usually, there should be a clue hidden in places like this" and Ji Hyo immediately finds a clue right next to where he was looking? Their intuition is top notch! All the interactions via hugs and touches just made me feel so happy to be a shipper. It's just so rare that we actually see them in a team together nowadays, I felt like I savored every moment of it. I'm interested to see how this year end episode will go too. Jong Kook and Jihyo didn't show up that much in the preview, which could mean nothing, but could also mean that we might not see much of their team.

5 hours ago, CI0 said:

Lee Min Jung Shares A Story About Meeting Kim Jong Kook In The U.S.

souce

Ah, interesting. I think we all know why he wouldn't want to go on a blind date. It's useless to go on one if you're already in a relationship with someone... ;)

Also wanted to add that I just quickly watched the raw to My Ugly Duckling. I'll put it under a spoiler tag since official subs aren't out. 

Spoiler

Recap: 

1) Lee Sang Min (the famous debtor, lol) comes to visit Jong Kook at his place and tries to show him how to be fashionable/like a hipster

2) Jong Kook wore velvet pants and I gotta say, his butt looked DANG good in tight pants! (OK, I'm fan girling a bit here, but people always says that JK has a nice butt/hip and I wholeheartedly agree) 

3) Sayuri Fujita (remember her in the earlier episodes of Running Man? She has consistently said that she liked Jong Kook in RM and on other shows) randomly comes. Sang Min reveals that Sayuri is actually another one of Jong Kook's neighbors (I guess I lot of people live in this building, lol. Kim Jong Min, Jong Kook, Sayuri...) 

4) Sang Min tries to kind of set Sayuri and Jong Kook up, but Jong Kook hilariously responds that it's weird of Sang Min to say that since he and Sayuri were "married" (in a variety show) for a time and have retained a close relationship since then (In Sang Min's episodes of MUD, he has even visited Sayuri's parents in Japan and her parents have visited him in Korea. Her mom calls him "Son-In-Law" in Korean, lol. Sayuri even quips that Sang Min is a jealous person and the editing made it seem like a love triangle type of situation was going on, but it was just hilarious to me) 

5) Sayuri is very straightforward about things (partially due to her semi-fluency in Korean. She did the Se Chan thing of using the wrong word for "different" and Jong Kook low key tries to correct her, but he never does so out right. ) Jong Kook is very flustered through it all, but its the same shy way he acts with many females he isn't close to. 

6) Sayuri asked for a tour of the house and randomly calls out "Where is Hong Jin Young?" in a joking manner. Jong Kook says "Of course she wouldn't be here" and even Sang Min adds "She's just a close dongsaeng". 

Funny how Hong Jin Young's description seems to be fluctuating further away from their perceived "loveline". For one thing, there was Jong Kook saying that he and HJY don't even talk outside of work. Now, Jong Min is saying that HJY is a close dongsaeng, which I take to mean that since Jong Kook is her singing sunbae, she's akin to the other singer hoobaes whom he's "close" with. That "dongsaeng" is different than the group of close dongsaengs that he regular hangs out/have brunch with, I would think. One group is kind of a dongsaeng out of obligation and hierarchy due to his status as a singer and the other is just his group of friends that he takes care of and spends time with that happen to be younger than him. 

7) Sayuri talks about working out a lot in the gym at their apartment but never seeing Jong Kook. She also says some rather...suggestive sounding things, partially out of using the wrong Korean word at times, but also she kind of has this image of being a dirty old man at times, lol.

8) They even asked Jong Kook's mom who she liked better: Hong Jin Young or Sayuri. Jong Kook's mom says something to the effect of "In all honestly, anyone that Jong Kook likes is fine (because she just wants him to find someone already, lol) 

Overall, I thought the episode was actually very light hearted. Though they teased Jong Kook with Sayuri and her affections, Sayuri herself was actually very enjoyable and funny. Her interactions with Sang Min also helped balanced out everything. It could be just me, but through watching her on My Ugly Duckling (her and the previous episodes of her guesting during Sang Min's section, multiple times), I think I'm becoming a fan of Sayuri! Might comment/edit more once the subs are out. 

• Like 6

BP eps 58 :

When Haha said KJK's type :

bright, cheerful, curvy but athletic girl. KJK biting his lip.

KJK denying her type with smile ' laugh.

KJK said : I only see her heart. A nice & kind one.

IMO : all of Haha & KJK mentioned above about KJK's type, my mind directly to SJH.

• Like 3

Watch of ep 428: Spartace Moments

Opening:

When SJH is choosing her food dish, she reaches out to touch KJK and then stops herself. They don't make a big fuss about being on the same team unlike everyone else. (And as other have said, they tend to be on the same team when allowed to pick food. They were on the same team the last time when Twice was on ep 328.)

Mission 1:

When theyre deciding the order for the bar roll over, KJK are seen talking. KJK then teases his gf by saying "Ji Hyo has a long upper body." (This is a joke from all the way back in 2012 RM fyi, back when JSJ and KJK teases SJH so much that she couldn't do the mission.)

When it's SJH's turn on the bar, KJK cheers her on, loudly. SJH then helps KJK with his jacket when it's his turn. I love how automatic it is, like taking care of each other's clothes is something they've done a thousand times. (And they probably have.) I also love SJH's super cute reaction to KJK's success. She's standing there, holding his things, and she covers her mouth and smiles.

KJK and SJH finish off the leg game together. KJK cheers for SJH after she does some unspeakable things to LKS.

And obviously there's the side hug. 

Nametag Ripping:

KJk and SJH team work: they found the hint almost instantly. The two of them stalking team Sweet Potato, saying they need rice. KJK and SJH also hold hands at the end when their team is celebrating. 

That's what I caught on my first watch. I probably missed some so feel free to add.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

@Spartacematchmade, thanks so much for doing this. Love the BGM. Now, imagine KJK singing Richard Marx to SJH, throw in a bit of Bruno Mars, and finish off with Letter by the man himself. IIRC, he said he would sing it on his wedding day. :wub:

LETTER:  

Source: KJK Indonesia

Even if the heart explodes, the lips stay closed
I’ve been sparing the words, I love you
I want to give you everything, but my hands are shabby
Fear continues to grow in my heart

I don’t have very much and lack even more
But I’ve been trying hard to gain
You must’ve been lonely, but without any complaints
You smiled and waited for me
I love you
I promise you eternity
There are no words that could describe you

My tears speak to me
As they sink into my heart
The name that will not be erased until my life ends

There isn’t a reason to always share what I feel
My love is bound to show
Even without a purchased gift, one compliment
Would overjoy that person and bring them into my arms

I love you
I promise you eternity

There are no words that could describe you

My tears speak to me
As they sink into my heart

In a place in my heart, saddness lies
I’m sorry for having memories without you in them
I didn’t want to have any part of me
Not to be filled with you

I was a person born today
I have started to fill my heart again, the first word I said was your name

As if the world is ending tomorrow
With every part of me I love you,

You’re my last love

• Like 7

15 hours ago, kookiemongg said:

giphy.gif

Now, trying to be objective and the devil's advocate:

The back hug thing could be becuz they were looking at hints and he was trying to prevent anybody from stealing hints.

JK handing his stuff to JH is not out of place as a close friend.

But this one above, that's a good catch. Yeah, looks like he was reminding JH that she was blocking the camera and should therefore stand back. But that's not where one touches to let her know if they're "just friends". Kudos to whoever spotted this.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, kookiemongg said:

@smartace and i wonder if this is what YJS meant by "KJK must make an effort"?

nahhh me too, really curious, maybe all this time KJK just let SJH to choose what time she's ready for marriage life (not push her) & effort in this time means KJK must be a little push SJH for said yes I'm ready & that's a reason KJK now look like want to close again with SJH not avoid.

Maybe just maybe, sorry for my delulu hehehehehe :D 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kookiemongg said:

@smartace and i wonder if this is what YJS meant by "KJK must make an effort"?

I took it to mean that KJK needs to start taking active steps towards marriage (e.g. stop love lines, start acting more like a committed man, alter job choices) and not just wait for the right timing (which may never happen).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I took it to mean that KJK needs to start taking active steps towards marriage (e.g. stop love lines, start acting more like a committed man, alter job choices) and not just wait for the right timing (which may never happen).

I agree. With him making so much noise lately about marriage and children, he’s already found someone. More than ever, he’s gotten really specific. YJS wants him to stop talking, and to start doing. 

• Like 6

@smartace @Regita M. P I think SA's interactions in episode 428 wasn't very intimate. It was the minimum we could get out of KJK and SJH being in the same team with Twice members. So I don't think SA or even KJK is being unusual or more open than SJH. They were being their natural selves, that's why I won't pay a lot of attention to their interaction in episode 428, we need to focus more on upcoming episodes. Especially the new year one. Because part of the fortune telling is scripted based on SBS's view of the members for the new year. It's true that SA will be paired for two consecutive episodes and I kind of think the pairing was scripted for episode 428. If we look back at how it happened, it's really strange. At first we saw SJH and JSM rushing toward sweet potatos, then changing their choice ironically. JSM who would defienitly go after YJS or KJK backed down and choose HAHA whom I thought would be SJH's partner. The most important thing is that everyone expected rice to be the least choosen option so why would JSM go from sweet potato to rice. Also before changing her choice, she was sitting in front of sweet potato. It's true that the members were choosing dishes but it literally means choosing your partner for the whole episode. Anyway, I really think that the pairings or some of them were scripted. 

As for YJS" KJK needs to do more, if he really wants to get married". I don't think it was meant as "you need to push SJH more". It was like "you need to make some sacrifices". As it seems, KJK wants a stay at home wife and SJH seems like wanting to do more for her career as an actress and though she is not accepting KJK's preference for her to stay home. As much as I understand KJK's mentality since he has been raised by a military man, I also understand SJH's ambitions and dreams toward her career. If they happen to be a couple, I hope that they find a solution that satisfy the both of them. If they really plan to have a family together, SJH is not getting younger, job opportunities can wait but not some urgent matters.  

• Like 7

I think many SA fans believe that SJH does not want to get married yet for the sake of her career, and that is the only reason spartace hasn't put a ring on it. To be fair, KJK has been saying he wants to get married for over a decade at this point, so I understand why people think he's being held back by his girlfriend, if he has one. But I disagree.

Having such vastly different expectations of your relationship is not sustainable. I have seen relationships fall apart because one person wants to get married sooner than the other, one person wants to keep their career while the other wants to move, one person wants to stay while the other wants to move for their future. (Seriously, I just had a friend rant to me about how he and his long-time gf might break up because their career paths seemed to be heading in opposite directions and it was putting a strain on their relationship.) Happy relationships fall apart all the time because one person has different expectations for their career/location/marriage than the other person. It's tragic, but future planning plays a large role in how successful relationships are. I find to hard to believe that KJK has been pushing for marriage while SJH has been saying no for years, and spartace still have a happy relationship.

In my opinion, both KJK and SJH want to get married and feel the pressures to get married, but for the past seven plus years, they've both prioritized their careers. No just SJH. KJK has participated in love lines and done shows like MUD - it's about his career as SK's most eligible bachelor. KJK does not do his career half-heartedly. There's a reason he's had so many heydays as a celeb. His career is very important to him. 

I think they've both just been going with the flow to some extent - waiting for RM to end naturally or their careers to lead to the right point - before deciding to get married. Getting married would alter what kinds of jobs KJK would get (no longer the bachelor of SK) and would hinder some aspects of SJH's career (she would probably have to stop doing RM if she planned to have kids). Perhaps they initially planned to wait for RM to end naturally (and not with their firing...), but RM has been going for years now with no indication that it's stopping any time soon. And I think YJS and HH have begun putting pressure on KJK and SJH to stop waiting for the "right time" to naturally occur and starting putting in the effort to make that time occur.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone i'm read this forums for long time since start be SA fan but today is first i post here, sorry for my english

After watched MUD last ep some part is interesting we all know JK's mom like HJY so much but in this ep when SDY ask who's better between HJY and Sayuri JK's mon answer her opinion about what's she look for in Daughter-in-law not important because the person who will live is JK, this made me think JK might say something with his mom? because since MUD ep 103-104 ended i note JK's mom not special reaction for HJY's name even got tease by guests

In my opinion belive they want get married and agree with comment told they just wait for RM ending, i not see any signal just feel that it will come for next year or 2020 because JK will out from MUD in 2019 he not necessary keep status 'single' and Other members not young as past, JSJ also have limit ,it so sad if that day come but it will good for everyone if the show not long more than 2020 (of course this just my private opinion it might can true or wrong, nobody know real except themself )

• Like 5

@mookza Welcome to the forum! I'm always happy when long time readers decide to post! Please share any thoughts on spartace you have! I always like hearing people's stories about how they came to be a fan of RM and spartace - if anyone wants to share.

The MUD thing is interesting. It seems there is a change with KJK and his love lines, but I think we have to give it more time before saying anything confidently.

I don't know if they're going to wait until RM ends at this point, because now that RM has shown it can survive with losing KG and gaining two new members, who knows how long the show will last for. 

• Like 5

Hi @mookza !! :) 

I'm happy some SA shippers in this forum active (again) to write their opinion (incl you), so I can know how u're feel about SA like  @linzer03 said.

I'm totally agree with @linzer03 @saissuspicious @mn0096 about our recently topic.

I want to say thank you so much to @kookiemongg about ur videos RM the latest eps, much love !!

Andddd for @spartaceluv98 thank u for keep updating !!

Now I know why I want to always stay in this forum & still ship our SA, aaaahhh really love with this forum & spartace ig always respect each other & support each other although sometimes we're argue, agree or disagree with a lot of theories SA about marriage life,  many different opinion about their marriage life.  Thank you make me became mature shippers & open minded about SA !!! :);) 

I hope our SA can happy ending like our delulu .

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Big Picture Special Season: Vietnam will end today. Season 3 of Big Picture will air in the first half of next year and jong kook hyung and haha hyung will continue to work on the Kdrama plan and MADE bros. Really hope the idea will be put into reality and hoping the actress will be jihyo noona. 

Credit to post below

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrE9KSJlzVb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=j3ixcmmqltks

• Like 4