[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

a day that was supposed to be filled w/ happiness and joy, let's not let anything bring us down anymore. for those who call us, people who imagine too much things or people who are just trying to create a "loveline". I want to make sure that it is clear that as a fan of SA, there is a clear difference between us & the other ship. 

Foremost and most importantly, we respect and love JK & JH EACH INDIVIDUALLY. 

As a longtime kdrama/variety fan for as long as ten years, I've known both of them as SEPERATE people first. Obviously, they both  have careers outside of RM that will remain popular. When I watched X-MAN, I mainly watched for YJS/KDH but I knew HAHA & JK bc of their dancing in the intro and ofc, the infamous loveline. Keep in mind, I could careless about that loveline. It was the only thing that bothered me about XMAN. The constant teasing and screen time of it during those years was VERY exhausting to watch. Not only it felt like it was too much but you could sense that it gave a whole barrier between JK & EH. Like JH, JK was only limited to be remembered as a loveline during his XMAN days. If I can remember right, his turbo days or what not weren't mentioned as often as the loveline. It was limited and something he had to be attached to. Once XMAN ended, he jumped into FO w/ JS again and once again, a loveline was formed. It's a drag really. We all know that KJK is a man of honor, loyalty, strength, endurance and kindness. As as SA fans, we SEE and KNOW about him. He isn't just some kind of guy that was in 2-3 lovelines, we know his form of talent and his great commanding leadership when he needs to be. He is well respected in the entertainemnt field NOT because of the lovelines he was in BUT because of everything he has went through in life. He was betrayed by a company, went through changes in turbo, was ridiculed about the military - countless times he has been through things and he endured. The career he has built and have right now as Kim Jong Kook isn't because he's a "man" or because of RM, it's due to his patience and hard enduring work. 

As for JH, this is an actress that has been in the headlines more than once BEFORE RM. She was the hated character from Goong, she was the woman who has done racy scenes in Frozen Flower. In her PAST variety appearances before RM, she has stated before that she doesn't mind taking risks as an actresses. As long as she has a good feeling about the script and feels as if this is the sort of message she wants to give, she'll do it. Regardless of what she has to do in the drama/movies. Granted, she wasn't as known before RM but she has worked hard from day one in her career. From movies to dramas to variety, this is a woman who always does things out of ordinary than others. JH had to endure with people only remembering her from Frozen Flower. And for 7 years, she had to endure with people only remembering her as Monday Girlfriend. She became limited on what she can do as a woman during RM. Worse, she couldn't even love or date properly bc she was being attacked or ridiculed bc it wasn't "Gary". No matter how many times she had to remind people that she and Gary don't meet outside of filming or the fact that she does love Gary but as family, people choose to ignore it and call her a "cheater". She endured through the MOST RIDICULOUS HATE or ATTACKS by some fans bc of this one loveline. As an independent woman and individual, she wanted to advance her work as an actress and do dramas, but people only viewed her as ACE JIHYO for some time. In the last 2 years, it was a sigh of relief when people slowly started recognizing that, "YES, I am ALSO an actress" Despite all she went through, she stood strong and kept improving with each project she has taken part of. This is a woman who is willing to take those chances that others wouldn't. This is a woman who stood on her own against 6-7 males on a show. This is a woman who still works hard and achieve the love of neitzens despite being looked upon as only "that actress with those bed scenes" or "the girlfriend on Monday." No, she won't be labeled as such things. She has and will work hard through everything. The career that she is building and have earned is DUE to her HARD WORK, not just because of some kind of label. 

Whatever may think, this is 2017 now. A woman CAN work hard in her career and be mother/wife to a family. A man CAN work hard through the hardship and quietly stand back for the person he loves to shine in the limelight. This isn't the generation where Man has to do that or a woman has to do this. 

AS SA fans, what we love them together BESIDES their natural envolving closeness IS because of how well they work together. JK lets JH takes the lead sometimes & vice versa. They share ALOT of similarities together. For example, they work hard to not let ONE loveline label them into a limited area during their careers. They will always advance individually as a person - whether it's together or seperately. 

We, SpartAce fans, respect and love them for purely those reasons. 

• Like 14

Guest athoughtcloud1

Hope @bogummish is around and can translate.

This is from SA naver and refers to Haha's comment to JH's statement after the water splash. Seems like JH said something to JK like "let's have better luck next year" or something along those lines.

haha1_zps9btgjrsg.pnghaha2_zpsd9ww7wuc.png

Guest athoughtcloud1

Well-said @joyspartace_stv I agree that is the major difference. Because we love them individually, even if this ship sinks, we will continue to bless them and support them in whatever they do. If we only love them coz they are together, we will always feel insecure and will love them only as long as this ship lasts. I have been a runner before I became a spartacer and there are particular episodes where I fell for them individually. Never thought in the wildest of my dreams that these two who are so great in their own right may have a thing for each other. As a Runner, I had always wanted to know who these two people would end up with (along with KS). In fact, one of the unconscious reasons I found it hard to believe they were real was coz they were too good to be true as a couple - these two great people finding each other with so many odds against them, what were the realistic chances of that happening?

Been lurking here for a while but been a Spartace shipper for some time now, i have been in a few other ships before but with out a shread of doubt , sa are sanest, calmest and intelligent group of people i have come accross and especially the ones here. While the other ships completely shits, defames, richard simmons shames jh but sa always supports both and that's absolutely extraordinarily mature and level headed of you guys. My bias is jk and thats how i got into rm and through happy accident my first ep was the 103 and it was a instantaneous love at first sight, and or in ep 95 them so damn naturally clicking with each other , and others numerous subtle heartwarmingly sweet moments that they share. Jh is a beautiful human both inside and out and same for jk and they just click on so many things, them having so many outings, sightings and for a unofficial loveline or ship to be of this massive scale shows their compassion and subtle moments have won the hearts of people all over the globe. Looking forward to the posts here and the future of SA. Happy shipping ❤️

Edited by dgsdts
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, bogummish said:

@athoughtcloud1

i think it says: when sjh made her decision, kjk got splashed. Sjh said "next year, let's only have good things oppa" after that Haha gets loud and says "baennyon haero" it means "grow old together" it's said to people as wedding vows i think. The person who posted that says it was Haha's blessing.

Aww that's so sweet! I love SJH and she deserves to have only good things. Whomever she chooses to grow old with will be blessed.

I do hope it would be JK oppa tough, They both have been through so much and are extremely hardworking, talented and kind individuals. I think anyone who has worked with either of them fell a bit in love with each.

• Like 6

Guest athoughtcloud1

First of all, JK and JH have to be lauded for shooting their first episode after the controversy with so much composure and spirit. It may not have been easy at all. Perhaps the reason JH wasn't asked to give her new year resolution was because they thought she was too emotional at that moment to speak. During the final penalty, when Hwan picked the ball with JH's name, you could see how bad he felt for her - from his face itself, one could say it was either JH or JK. When JK got picked, though he did make a show out of it, seems like he suspected for a moment that they were being punished by the production team. That shows how betrayed he still feels.

I really enjoyed this episode. I don't know what it is, but they have been giving us really good episodes for a while now. It is like the PDs have finally found their rhythm. This might not have been an easy episode to shoot because the members were not really emotionally there to shoot, especially JK and JH. So they had extended fortune reading of different kinds. But what made it work was the cast chemistry. All the 6 of them are so great together with their own individual quirks that you can even watch them sit and sip tea. Again, the touch and hide game was real fun - JH looked so cute running around like that. 

The fortune telling segment was clearly hinting that JK and JH were going to be the significant other in each other's life. First, the fortune teller said that JK should follow JH and JS took it up by taking it further than they usually do - for two people who supposedly haven't even started dating, asking them to marry is kind of too much (some netizens also found that really strange). JH mildly protests and JK asks, "is it me and JH" or something along those lines and JSJ says "she is showing interest". The thing with JH is nothing about her romantic life ever surprises her - if it was her natural reaction, it would have shocked her to hear that her 'oppa' whom she has always supposedly treated as a sunbae may have a romantic future with her. Even the tree and the water didn't surprise JH. Nothing surprises her. Last year, she was told her love life would be stable and JH's expression was like 'so what is new there?'. It was after JS prodded her by repeating that line that JH showed the right reaction. However, JH was in splits when he suggested that JH's man was unusual and they then cut to JK laughing in embarrassment and removing his cap something which he does when he gets conscious. I also found it really cute when they were waiting in the corridor and JK said to JH "coincidentally, we are doing this together" (non-shippers may start suspecting he is trying to hit on her after hearing the forecast). 

My feeling is that the production team feels LKS' loyalty to JK is what stands as a stumbling block to their starting RM 2 with Yoo-Lee. From 'JK as water to KS' tree' last year, it has suddenly changed to 'JK as the muddy ground that does not allow KS the tree to get sunlight'. I find that really sad. I felt JK got a bit upset there. They have such a bond that goes beyond the show that they do together where JK and KS hang out together often,  but what must be must be. Sometimes there are certain career choices everybody has to make however difficult it is. Perhaps the travelling part in YJS' forecast was about YJS taking a break before starting the next SBS show? 

Poor Suk Jin. I really feel bad for him - none of his forecasts were good and that is worse for somebody who takes them so seriously. 

I like what the production team is trying to do - give each member one special episode. I am waiting to see what JH's week is going to be. It is so cute how she wanted to go on an MT with the members without the cameras. She loves them so much. Part of the reason why I think she was so cheerful during the red carpet was coz she was with her members. 

Thank you @bogummish Haha is such a warm heart. Bless his heart!

LMAO, I lost my sanity there a bit when I was watching today's episode. When they announced that each week would be a member's week, I suddenly went to CRAZY WORLD & imagined that during JK's week - he is going to confess and propose JH! I started laughing out of excitement but then immediately stopped bc my sanity was gone for like 3 mins. As Shipper's Paradise, that would be amazing. But as a sane person and someone who has stated what I saw earlier in this forum, whatever they choose or whoever they are with, we support them individually. 

• Like 9

Guest athoughtcloud1

@bogummishI think JK will take care of her health now by letting her sleep more. He looked so attentive when listening to her health update. He is after all the water for her tree - he should nourish her. 

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

First of all, JK and JH have to be lauded for shooting their first episode after the controversy with so much composure and spirit. It may not have been easy at all. Perhaps the reason JH wasn't asked to give her new year resolution was because they thought she was too emotional at that moment to speak. During the final penalty, when Hwan picked the ball with JH's name, you could see how bad he felt for her - from his face itself, one could say it was either JH or JK. When JK got picked, though he did make a show out of it, seems like he suspected for a moment that they were being punished by the production team. That shows how betrayed he still feels.

I really enjoyed this episode. I don't know what it is, but they have been giving us really good episodes for a while now. It is like the PDs have finally found their rhythm. This might not have been an easy episode to shoot because the members were not really emotionally there to shoot, especially JK and JH. So they had extended fortune reading of different kinds. But what made it work was the cast chemistry. All the 6 of them are so great together with their own individual quirks that you can even watch them sit and sip tea. Again, the touch and hide game was real fun - JH looked so cute running around like that. 

The fortune telling segment was clearly hinting that JK and JH were going to be the significant other in each other's life. First, the fortune teller said that JK should follow JH and JS took it up by taking it further than they usually do - for two people who supposedly haven't even started dating, asking them to marry is kind of too much (some netizens also found that really strange). JH mildly protests and JK asks, "is it me and JH" or something along those lines and JSJ says "she is showing interest". The thing with JH is nothing about her romantic life ever surprises her - if it was her natural reaction, it would have shocked her to hear that her 'oppa' whom she has always supposedly treated as a sunbae may have a romantic future with her. Even the tree and the water didn't surprise JH. Nothing surprises her. Last year, she was told her love life would be stable and JH's expression was like 'so what is new there?'. It was after JS prodded her by repeating that line that JH showed the right reaction. However, JH was in splits when he suggested that JH's man was unusual and they then cut to JK laughing in embarrassment and removing his cap something which he does when he gets conscious. I also found it really cute when they were waiting in the corridor and JK said to JH "coincidentally, we are doing this together" (non-shippers may start suspecting he is trying to hit on her after hearing the forecast). 

My feeling is that the production team feels LKS' loyalty to JK is what stands as a stumbling block to their starting RM 2 with Yoo-Lee. From 'JK as water to KS' tree' last year, it has suddenly changed to 'JK as the muddy ground that does not allow KS the tree to get sunlight'. I find that really sad. I felt JK got a bit upset there. They have such a bond that goes beyond the show that they do together where JK and KS hang out together often,  but what must be must be. Sometimes there are certain career choices everybody has to make however difficult it is. Perhaps the travelling part in YJS' forecast was about YJS taking a break before starting the next SBS show? 

Poor Suk Jin. I really feel bad for him - none of his forecasts were good and that is worse for somebody who takes them so seriously. 

I like what the production team is trying to do - give each member one special episode. I am waiting to see what JH's week is going to be. It is so cute how she wanted to go on an MT with the members without the cameras. She loves them so much. Part of the reason why I think she was so cheerful during the red carpet was coz she was with her members. 

Thank you @bogummish Haha is such a warm heart. Bless his heart!

Wow,that must have hurt KJK a lot because both LKS and KJK do everything together. But KJK isn't such a person to stop LKS from advancing in his career. If LKS wants to do the new show,I am sure KJK would give him his full support. Just wondering if its SBS way of telling us that KJK and LKS won't be together in shows in the future. I still feel even up till now SBS is actually playing with the minds of fans and viewers. Its like what SBS wants,they will do it to get what they want. And no one has a choice for this,even the members are just following the flow. Not easy for KJK and SJH to be in the show feeling awkward but doing i for fans and the final of RM.

SBS is too much!! 

• Like 7

Guest athoughtcloud1
15 minutes ago, Sarita Ramchandani said:

Wow,that must have hurt KJK a lot because both LKS and KJK do everything together. But KJK isn't such a person to stop LKS from advancing in his career. If LKS wants to do the new show,I am sure KJK would give him his full support. Just wondering if its SBS way of telling us that KJK and LKS won't be together in shows in the future. I still feel even up till now SBS is actually playing with the minds of fans and viewers. Its like what SBS wants,they will do it to get what they want. And no one has a choice for this,even the members are just following the flow. Not easy for KJK and SJH to be in the show feeling awkward but doing i for fans and the final of RM.

SBS is too much!! 

Oh yes. I don't think JK or JH would have any problem with the others continuing. But to put it in this way made me feel perhaps the production team was more anxious than usual about LKS signing up for RM 2 - there were two references to JK becoming a stumbling block to LKS which went against last year's prediction. There was another one where it said JK's love is one that can suffocate KS where last time it was described as that of a mother's embrace of her child. Though JK knows LKS has to move on, it might still hurt to see their relationship being described in those terms. May be I am over-reading, but I felt JK's laugh was quite fake when listening to some of that. They may be saying this to sound funny, but this time, they seemed more pointed to me given the situation.

Anyway, I am sure JK is alright now. This may be good for everybody in different ways. LKS also needs to take care of his variety career. He can't grow much as an entertainer if he is the maknae on the team, right? He is 32 now. If RM 2 has younger people on board, he may have a different variety character. He has worked well whenever he was made the leader of a younger team on RM, so he has leadership qualities. YJS also will rely on him to make the new format work since they do work together so well. 

RM's cast chemistry is no joke. Hwan was in splits through half of today's episode just like Kim So Hyun was last time. 

14 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Oh yes. I don't think JK or JH would have any problem with the others continuing. But to put it in this way made me feel perhaps the production team was more anxious than usual about LKS signing up for RM 2 - there were two references to JK becoming a stumbling block to LKS which went against last year's prediction. There was another one where it said JK's love is one that can suffocate KS where last time it was described as that of a mother's embrace of her child. Though JK knows LKS has to move on, it might still hurt to see their relationship being described in those terms. May be I am over-reading, but I felt JK's laugh was quite fake when listening to some of that. They may be saying this to sound funny, but this time, they seemed more pointed to me given the situation.

Anyway, I am sure JK is alright now. This may be good for everybody in different ways. LKS also needs to take care of his variety career. He can't grow much as an entertainer if he is the maknae on the team, right? He is 32 now. If RM 2 has younger people on board, he may have a different variety character. He has worked well whenever he was made the leader of a younger team on RM, so he has leadership qualities. YJS also will rely on him to make the new format work since they do work together so well. 

RM's cast chemistry is no joke. Hwan was in splits through half of today's episode just like Kim So Hyun was last time. 

This is all SBS doing. And I agree,last year they said KJK an LKS make a good pair and this year totally opposite. I guess we are drawing closer to the end of RM and all 6 of them will be going their separate ways. Gary was the first to separate and the rest will follow too. 

@bogummish and I hope @bogummish is able to post more comments. Be it good or bad. I guess once RM ends,fans will either spilt up or disappear because some only watch RM for the members. Hope RM members will have better luck in 2017 and may they find shows which suit them especially for KJK and SJH,a company who won't betray them like how RM did. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Chi Le said:

if KJK and SJH has been dating for years, you think he will let his girlfriend to be publicly link with another guy? even its acting. Isnt he strong enough to claim her, why do they need to keep it private.

tried and tested lol, based on my exprience not all couples needs to be together all the time and go like oh-i-have-a-bf-i-cannot-have-guys-as-friend lol. that mentality to so dull and old, my boyfriend has girl friends, and i have lots of guy friends, that doesn't mean tat we are cheating on each other, lol, it just mean that we trust and respect each other enough for us to hang out with opposite sexes without each other's presence and i believe it is that same for both jihyo and jongkook, they are not teenagers who get angry just because their partners have opposite sex friends. not all couples wanna be exposed, lol the more people knows about the relationship the easier it is for it to get damaged lol, a relationship is between 2 person, not the entire world i don't see why must they publicize it lol

jongkook might look like those possesive guys in running man, but i am prettty sure in real life he is pretty chilled.

• Like 5

when was the last time she has a hit drama? her recent drama does well but it still 3% rating, not 30% rating. Shes famous because of shes in running man not because shes an actress. For the last 7 years running man is her main job, acting was her side job. Her last three dramas has been on cable network not major network. (one is 5%, one is 1%, one is 3%). If new drama come up how many korean people would think of her? Shes middle age now while most of casting now prefer early 20s. 

why is a hit drama the guage of whether someone is successful as a actress or not? running man helped her a lot in terms of her career, and i can't deny that, however to say that jihyo sucks as an actress, that is an offense to all her fans and supporters. acting is not her side job, she just couldn't find a good script or a script that she likes, and i am pretty darn sure that she received lots of script, but decline it, she once stated that she chose scripts based on their novelty, the writer then asked her "its usually melo that is a hit drama" but she say that she doesn't chose a script based on whether it will be a hit, but she chose it based on how she feels and thinks about the script, not everybody wants to be famous some just wants to do what they like and appreciate. having 5% and 3% on cable network is a huge dea; because not everyone is willing to pay for it 

its not about us being unrealistic or anything, it is you looking down on her, and thinking that she is a nobody without running man, running man shaped her, but she worked her richard simmons off to get to where is she right now, don't look down on somebody's acheivement just because you deem it unworthy. in addition, who are you to deem her work and her as an actress unworthy? 

Please name current successful married actress at ji hyo age. SJH is not a list star actress, roles at her age are very limited, mostly supporting or extras. be realistic. 

Jun jihyun, Kim taehee, song hyekyo. snap it out and get out if you are not a spartace supporter, you stated that you came here for running man, sorry jun, this ain't any running man thread, this is a spartace thread, where we get delusional here, when we start talking about spartace, but we are realistic when we are talking about one's acheivement. 

• Like 9

Lmao at MC shippers on instagram denying that SA are not together cause they're family, some even got overly happy at Jihyo mentioning Gary's name hahaha, while some are just plain ridiculous sayig Jihyo is not lucky these past few eps cause KG left RM lol

They post about JH's fortune telling segment and cut the part when the fortune teller talks about her and JK lol.....they really are a bunch of brain dead individuals lol.....can't wait to see these annoying bunch eat their words

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, kaycxn said:

why is a hit drama the guage of whether someone is successful as a actress or not? running man helped her a lot in terms of her career, and i can't deny that, however to say that jihyo sucks as an actress, that is an offense to all her fans and supporters. acting is not her side job, she just couldn't find a good script or a script that she likes, and i am pretty darn sure that she received lots of script, but decline it, she once stated that she chose scripts based on their novelty, the writer then asked her "its usually melo that is a hit drama" but she say that she doesn't chose a script based on whether it will be a hit, but she chose it based on how she feels and thinks about the script, not everybody wants to be famous some just wants to do what they like and appreciate. having 5% and 3% on cable network is a huge dea; because not everyone is willing to pay for it.

Completely second that! Actually most of the "hit dramas" portray brainless girls that act like crazy stalkers however  have their first kiss at 35 (which usually looks like fish colliding) and fall in love with people who grab their hands (or on whom they fall). What I like about dramas in which I saw Ji Hyo is that she plays more profound characters with coherent story behind and making you think about the motivation behind every interaction of er character and others like in my wife is having an affair or in Frozen flower for example. I liked her in my ex girlfriend club too and I think it's a shame they cut it down as when the second male lead was confessing felt like a book wit one chapter missing. Anyway, Song Ji hyo fighting! and the fortune teller did say she would get her hands on money this year. And somebody likes rich beautiful sexy women ;)

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

Around 53:50, after they showed JS was nervous to ring the bell, JK said coincidentally, we're on the same team. Does anyone thinks the same that he sounded a bit shy but happy at the same time?

I thought they were also kinda restrained during that time, no obvious physical skinship or anything and both looked slightly awkward. Haha ruined their game there though lol with some amaaaaaaaaazing hiding.

I saw the part where JH anointed JK to be splashed at the end and where he pushed her. I thought that looked alright and was more of acted anger than anything. He was smiling very happily by the time the PDs were splashed already.

I've finally watched the ep with subs and I feel the good thing is they are paving the way so that people will be more comfortable with any announcements in future and do not feel it came out of nowhere. They cannot and will not force a new loveline in 7 eps because there is not enough time and apparently each episode upcoming will be member-focused. But at least people know and cannot say it came out of the blue. And remember, neither JK nor JH denied (i know JH shook her head but that was so weak). And BOTH yjs and jsj told them to get married and Haha made a congratulatory comment at the end. 

As to whether JH will continue to act or not after marriage, that is completely her own (and her husband's) choices and I cannot believe there is someone already claiming that married actresses cannot be doing well. Even if JH chooses to stop acting and stay at home, it is her choice. Not everyone has to be a Jeon Ji Hyun or Song Hye Kyo to be considered successful - there are so many actresses out there who do a damn good job acting and yet not reach the A list levels but doesnt mean they should just all stay home. 

Lastly, ignore the troll ppl! Cannot believe a Spartace thread in a shippers paradise forum was taken to be a RM thread.

• Like 12