[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

they asked them to join RM back until the last episode and then they give KJK such lousy episode ?

c'mon dude, really ???? 

why don't they just give KJK and SJH a joint special episode where they go on a date with each other, while the other members doing mission to help them enjoying their date

this way, it will be more related with the previous episode, rather than having KJK blind dating with non-celeb stranger girl 

• Like 10

Guest athoughtcloud1

Happy to see new faces here. Personally, I don't have any problems with non-shippers coming in and discussing things here. Since the topic of marriage has been raised on the show, individual fans may get curious and want to know more. The only thing is it will be good to backread  a bit because then you will get the context of why we say some of the things we do. You may not agree with it, but you will understand how our logic works. For instance, something like this blind date will be hard for us to explain unless you have gone through what we have been going through. 

Being a spartacer has always been about facing the curve balls thrown at us - dealing with such situations on a regular basis. Didn't we go through the MC dates after the fortune telling segment last time that said JH was gonna meet a new man and after her dating show was promoted on the show? So this is not something new. There may be reasons why they are having a blind date segment in KJK's episode. Unless we get to watch the actual episode, we can't say how they will play it. As long as JK is okay with it (which we will get signs of when the episode airs) and it doesn't affect his image, it is fine. It might be just a segment of the whole episode. Just wait and watch, guys.The golden rule for me has always been - are they okay with whatever they are being asked to do? If they seem happy in the episode, then I deal with it that way. If they seem unhappy, then I criticise it. I didn't think JH was comfortable with her Jeju MC date, but she was happy with being partnered with Gary in the Running Women episode. My reactions varied accordingly. 

My feeling is that unless JK was okay with it, they wouldn't have gone ahead with it. This is a sensitive time, would they want to force him beyond a point to do things he doesn't like? (unless the three main PDs are really evil which I haven't felt till now). JK is not the kind to make any woman feel uncomfortable. Just hope the other members also have the sense not to do so.

However, I hope their episodes do justice to what they have been on the show. I would have loved to hear the other members' impressions of each one of them as the special episodes progress. 

With the way they mentioned how the special episodes were going to be, I sort of thought that it was going to be like how they did in the old days where the members got to design how an episode was going to play out (i.e. the Sherlock episode and LKS's revenge). Especially because it looked like JSJ and HH were really excited about a certain concept they've been thinking about for awhile. I think the phrasing they used in the episode was that they would pick an item and the episode would be written around what the member picked? Similar to how their challenges during the Make a Viral Video episode came about. Anyway, with the news about what KJK's episode is going to be about, I'm just going to do what I usually do with RM episodes, just go in with expectations super low. I mean the 1n2d episode was well received I believe so maybe RM can do the same? I'm just going to be over here, casually laughing at the fact that for SJH's special episode, they've brought back the belts that tie around everyone's waist. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Happy to see new faces here. Personally, I don't have any problems with non-shippers coming in and discussing things here. Since the topic of marriage has been raised on the show, individual fans may get curious and want to know more. The only thing is it will be good to backread  a bit because then you will get the context of why we say some of the things we do. You may not agree with it, but you will understand how our logic works. For instance, something like this blind date will be hard for us to explain unless you have gone through what we have been going through. 

Being a spartacer has always been about facing the curve balls thrown at us - dealing with such situations on a regular basis. Didn't we go through the MC dates after the fortune telling segment last time that said JH was gonna meet a new man and after her dating show was promoted on the show? So this is not something new. There may be reasons why they are having a blind date segment in KJK's episode. Unless we get to watch the actual episode, we can't say how they will play it. As long as JK is okay with it (which we will get signs of when the episode airs) and it doesn't affect his image, it is fine. It might be just a segment of the whole episode. Just wait and watch, guys.The golden rule for me has always been - are they okay with whatever they are being asked to do? If they seem happy in the episode, then I deal with it that way. If they seem unhappy, then I criticise it. I didn't think JH was comfortable with her Jeju MC date, but she was happy with being partnered with Gary in the Running Women episode. My reactions varied accordingly. 

My feeling is that unless JK was okay with it, they wouldn't have gone ahead with it. This is a sensitive time, would they want to force him beyond a point to do things he doesn't like? (unless the three main PDs are really evil which I haven't felt till now). JK is not the kind to make any woman feel uncomfortable. Just hope the other members also have the sense not to do so.

However, I hope their episodes do justice to what they have been on the show. I would have loved to hear the other members' impressions of each one of them as the special episodes progress. 

very well said, nice post chingu :D

i just desperately wanted our SA be in a couple team for the last time 

• Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1

Was just reading all your comments. I can understand everybody's worries. Having JK go on a blind date with someone immediately after the episode where he was paired up with his colleague on the show seems kind of ridiculous. There is also the danger of this blind date idea being passed off as JK's and if there are negative public reactions because of the female non-celeb angle, it may fall on him. But still, I will wait until I watch the episode to make my judgement.

Let's not compare this with the Noh Hong Chul one. The Kim Jong Min one was better, right? NHC and JK have different characters. I seriously hope the whole episode will not be about the blind date which for me will be reducing JK on RM to him being just the king of lovelines. He had a kind of half-date with Lee Arisu in episode 44 and that was kind of cute. Yes, much water has flown under the bridge since then, but there are also other ways of doing this which may turn out to be non-controversial. 

When JH did WAIL, she also got k-netz comments like this. So let's not go by the comments. There might be JK fans who don't like him with other women or worried about how it would affect his image or ANTIs who use it to bash him. 

At the end of the day, I am okay with even this ship not reaching anywhere, but if the production team creates a situation that destroys the images of either one of them after all that they have been through, that I can't tolerate. But for now, let's see what they do. 

One has to wonder if this blind date thing is SBS' way of back tracking after basically outing SA? At least this is what some K-Netz are thinking... 

It's not unusual for SBS to backtrack after revealing bits of SA truth. After cutie couple thing, and then the #spartace hashtag on their Instagram, they backtracked immediately by releasing an article by repeatedly using the words 'siblings'. 

There have been more instances, but I can only remember that one, since it's the most recent one. 

• Like 5

damn i actually had a thought what if KJK special episode gotta be he meeting a girl.i should not think like that.demmm

i will try to calm and accept everything.i just hope the blind date will turn to be good and fun to watch.i don't want KJK to received the hatred.Last year was not good year for KJK,'Welcome show' cancel,he get bash and need to clarify on his back issue by posting his xray and forced to leave RM.I hopes this year will be better for him.

from soompi article,original article the downvote of article are such a big gap compare to the upvote.pray hard it won't effect KJK's image.lately too much happen..i need to take a break as fangirl.lol

http://news.nate.com/view/20170103n04492

• Like 6

Sigh. It's like they are playing with us. As a fellow spartacer and a silent reader, ive enjoyed reading through your observations and comments. Some i heartily agreed with while some i had doubts about. But as most of you had stated, some of them might be your delulu going wild, which i dont have any problems with:) 

Honestly i do not understand why jk would agree to do such a theme. It is quite disappointing. After the recent progress, it seems like they are moving few steps back:blink: we could only hope that it's to take the attention away from spartace as they are not ready yet to come clean? Otherwise, it's just not acceptable.

Yes they are free to be with other people but quite frankly, they should see that they are already a match made in heaven:heart:

We got to be strong guys. Lets just wait and see. Hopefully it wont be that bad.

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1

I became a fan of this couple last October and through this one year, I have gone through a roller coaster ride of emotions. As I have said elsewhere, this is the most frustrating ship to be in since the progress is never consistent. In the beginning, I used to be so frustrated not being able to make sense of certain things and worrying myself to death over them. But gradually I learnt to accept certain things, ignore others and move on. But I would say shipping SA has helped me calm down as a person. It is like facing the storms of life since you never know what is coming your way. I believe the reason some of the shippers here are so mature is that if they were not so mature, they wouldn't have been able to survive this ship and would have abandoned it long back. I have at times, especially in the beginning, felt like abandoning this ship not because I felt they were not real, but because it was just so hard shipping them. Compared to other ships, the happy moments are less and the moments of confusion and frustration are more. Yet, you survive because you are able to find some clarity amidst all the chaos and because you feel these two are worth rooting for. But then, that is life, right?  I have learnt not to see things in black and white and be more sensitive to the different motivations people have which may at times conflict with those of others. There have been times where I have also been quick to judge the members or the PDs, but later realized I should have been more patient and understanding. Finally, they are all real people caught  in a very complicated situation. It will take time to untangle this complicated knot and we have to be patient if we believe in them. There may be things that are in their control and things that are not. Anyway, it is their life and we don't have control over any of it. Either we are really insane to ship these two or we have insight which very few people have in this world. Only time will tell. But I am happy we are all in this together. :):)

jkjh1_zpshpqbjwgz.jpg

Guest athoughtcloud1
42 minutes ago, bogummish said:

So far this news have gotten mostly negative response in sns. They didnt even advertise what sjh's ep is about and the way they put this kjk thing looks so cheap, they are presenting it the same way that IC episode did w No Hong Chul "let's find a bride for XY". If they wanted to do this so bad why not go on a date with a fellow single celeb (not sjh). Picking someone non famous looks so condescending, if only they didnt insist it was to find him a bride then we might have enjoyed the date like we did in 1n2d. Using marriage to rise expectations like this when everyone knows he wont marry her anyway, this is almost cruel. 
i checked out sa naver and even korean shippers are disappointed by this choice. 

This doesn't look like JK's idea based on his comments in the previous episode and also coz a luxurious cruise ship date is the last thing you expect from the stingy JK who says he usually goes on dates to the same places he frequents. But still, I would like to wait for the episode. I can't believe JK doesn't have any agency and has to fully go along with the production team's dictates at a time when the show is ending and he is donating all his appearance fee for charity. So unless I start feeling for sure that he is being armtwisted into doing something he hates, I would like to reserve my judgement. They may be advertising it in that way and it sounds pretty silly, but basically it ought to play out like a date with your favourite celeb. No non-celeb female around JK's age is going to come to the show thinking they are going to get hitched based on a single date. 

I really hope they don't make it awkward for the girl with too much of the 'sister-in-law' stuff. That can backfire. I would have also liked a female celeb to come on the show as JK's date who knows the entertainment business, but may be the intention is to give a fangirl a great day with her oppa. 

If the KJK episode is that bad, we will definitely criticise. :) I really didn't think the only JK special we were going to get was gonna be centred around his lovelife and that is pretty disappointing for me as a JK fan, but yeah we can't say whether there would be other segments in the episode.

Also read that some SA fans from naver have left comments on the articles. I am guessing the fans who are commenting under the articles are KJK fans who think it will be bad for his image and that SBS is trying to manipulate him, RM fans who see this as a really bad idea having lost trust in the production team, RM and KJK antis who see this as a way to bash him and some SA fans. Perhaps there is a twist to this entire thing we don't know of. Otherwise, I don't see why the PDs, writers and members would sign up for something that looks so ridiculous on the surface. Are they more insane than us shippers? 

Edited by athoughtcloud1
Had to add some stuff

1 hour ago, bogummish said:

So far this news have gotten mostly negative response in sns. They didnt even advertise what sjh's ep is about and the way they put this kjk thing looks so cheap, they are presenting it the same way that IC episode did w No Hong Chul "let's find a bride for XY". If they wanted to do this so bad why not go on a date with a fellow single celeb (not sjh). Picking someone non famous looks so condescending, if only they didnt insist it was to find him a bride then we might have enjoyed the date like we did in 1n2d. Using marriage to rise expectations like this when everyone knows he wont marry her anyway, this is almost cruel. 
i checked out sa naver and even korean shippers are disappointed by this choice. 

This also really bothered me, like fnjfjfdmfdn i'm a million times more interested in hearing about sjh's ep. then kjk, i don't know why they are doing this

Guest athoughtcloud1

I was thinking - why do we all automatically assume that JK's date is going to be sweet and romantic? I believe there is a line in that article which says that JK will be able to proceed with his date only if the other members succeed in their missions. It might turn out to be really hilarious too. The cast may purposefully fail their missions to make things awkward for JK. From whatever I know of the cast, they have never had good things to say about JK or his habits on screen. His date may get to hear horror stories about JK from the cast like KS, Haha, YJS and even JH. They might make the date do sit-ups to prove her eligibility or other such agile stuff. The Monday Couple date, supposed to be romantic, was not that romantic where they openly showed how awkward it could be. Gary's farewell was also not a sweet affair with the cast stealing things from his studio and in the next episode, disturbing him all the time while he was at work. This is Running Man where things are tongue in cheek. Perhaps the date may end with the cast saying JK is an impossible man to get married off because he is so demanding and ask his date to find a better man. The female non-celeb may also have a whale of a time laughing at the cast's antics. Let's see how it turns out.

I believe JK's episode was advertised in advance since it involved a non-celeb, hence something out of routine.

I agree with what athoughtcloud said. This is a hard ship an there were a lot of times when I felt frustrated and questioned this ship a lot but still I can't abandon it cause after analyzing the situations again the hope is still there. I know that this news is frustrating but please let us not get ahead of ourselves. Lets keep fighting. We don't wanna point fingers this early on.

We don't know the whole story yet, we only know a piece of the beginning. Lets wait for the whole story to unfold. :).  Sometimes its like watching a series that has  a not so good beginning but we still stick with it and will later on find out that it has a good ending all along.

For me, a story is good if it has a good ending. So lets patiently wait for the story to unfold. :)

Anyways, have a nice day ahead. :)

• Like 5

Guest athoughtcloud1
6 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

I can see JH's small head there bending down to get something, maybe the flowers that the girl dropped. Seems to me like it is gonna be a torturous date for JK. The others all seem to be in good spirits. Reminds me of JK's wedding in TFS where they made him do all kinds of hard things to get married. :)

Guest athoughtcloud1

I am actually feeling kind of excited for the KJK episode. If you remember, this is the man who changed his position during the pepero game so that he wouldn't have to face JH. This is the man who was looking at JH while he was asked to make a heart sign with Soo Ae prompting his team mates to ask why he was looking in the other direction (i.e. JH's direction). He always looks at her reaction when he has to be with a female partner. So it is gonna be hilariously awkward for JK to 'date' someone while JH is around. JH also gets slightly jealous in situations like this. Remember how she told one of his female partners that he has a bad habit of nagging and is like an old father-in-law or something? We may get to hear more comments like that. So who knows this might be a funny episode for us shippers to watch. From the pics, JH seems to be around and she looks cheerful.

13 minutes ago, bogummish said:

I am still dumbfounded tbh so my only reaction so far is that this is too cringy and wrong for my taste but i will wait till the ep is aired to have a final judgment.

Abt koreans on Spartace Naver, KJK fans are really disappointed, some blame producers, some blame writers, some are asking why is kjk doing this. Some SA fan brought up an interview of SJH from october where she said she has a principle of not dating pple from the same industry as she isnt able to get in a romantic relationship with them, and then they said if it's these two's choice then they will accept it and move on. Basically none of them is seeing this in a positive light.

Tbh if i dislike this episode and how this thing is presented to viewers, i will move on too. Im not a fan of this "find a girl for XY", it's degrading and speaks poorly of everyone's character. Let's see how the ep turns out. 

Why are they dissapointed? It's not like this is any different from the mc date... Or are they dissapointed cause of the way this blind date is coming off as extremely sexist?

I think the way the episode is being presented is just awful. But I'm gonna wait for the episode to see if it's gonna be cringey or more like a fan who won a contest and gets to hang out with the cast.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, bogummish said:

I look at it from every angle and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. "let's find a bride for kjk from the general public" is so degrading and wrong. Even if they manage to make it funny then what am i supposed to think? They did the whole marriage to sjh thing and got a lot of buzz in sns and immediately used it as a publicity stunt to present kjk as some prize that a lucky fan will get to have, so f'ing cringe. As a spartacer, sjh now looks like a third wheel. I remember a comment on Naver yesterday "I am sick and tired of his love lines. Will you stop it already" and i feel exactly the same way. This "40yr old bachelor who needs to be saved" concept has run its course unless kjk himself is okay with being portrayed this comically, then that's on him and his career, which is why kjk fans on SA naver are upset. Even if this thing manages to not come off as sexist like the IC episode, then it will still remain really really clownish. I feel like my intelligence has been offended with this episode already. Also, they just fired you... why the hell would you accept to do this if you feel it's uncomfortable or wrong? Unless you find it okay and well that doesnt speak well about your character anymore. If you can put on a fight against sbs, you sure as hell can refuse to be portrayed like a desperate 40 yr old who needs a bride.

Tbh that's the one part of JK I will never understand. Why is he going along with this only to complain that he should get married so they will stop all the forced lovelines?

Also I feel like JK is just so intent on keeping his personal under wraps that he doesn't realise he's hurting his fans and possibly his girlfriend. Obviously if he's dating Jihyo, she Will understand, but from a fan's point of view of even just a viewer's point of view, it comes off as richard simmons-hole behaviour.

• Like 3

be calm guys. this is just another big wave come to face our ship. please be positive, it may have something fishy about it but that's what all about. we have face another wave which unfortunately more heavy and vicious than this. but we manage to handle it like a pro. so be calm. we wait and watch. if thing did not like what we expect, don't be mad. thats how the world work. there are pro's and con's. i'm happy this thread become more calm, although some big wave hits us like a whale. enjoy our moment and our bias. like me, i'm originally Ha Dong hoon fans. which amazingly i've become song Ji hyo fans after that. not like i'm ignoring Haha but i feel mo happy and satisfy fangirling song ji hyo. i am happy whichever she ended up with. i'm more happy if she ended up w JK. so guys, please prepare ourselves w this big wave coming in. we are one. we are stronger when we were together. keep supporting Jk and Sjh for this upcoming so called disaster. show our support. be positive. we as fans have to be positive for them to be one. Fighting!

Keep this nice discussion mood. its nic e to read all your points and discussion. this is what Spartace shipper is all about.

• Like 10

I agree with almost everyone. lets just see how the episode goes about. with the members doing missions to help w/ this blind date, I'm a little distraught over it. maybe this is why you can't fully believe variety shows 100%. one moment, we're over the moon happy and thrilled at the recent constant development on SA scenes, even a lot more than we expected on the fortune telling episode. the next, we're being plummeted down by the sudden announcement of a theme episode. I'll watch this episode with an open heart - would love to see the reactions of the members and how they will go about w/ the episode. 

[ this may seem out of nowhere and possibility crazy bc it's my imagination. I woke up from a dream, because I went to sleep knowing about the blind date episode. but that dream, it was my own version of the blind date. whereas the members were doing missions so jk could earn a nice dinner plating, flowers, and what not. around the end, the members stood on one side of the cruise, watching the date happen. the girl suddenly said, "there's something I have to show you" the lights turned dimmed and a screen came down, playing a video - slideshow of some sort. and there it was, slideshow pictures of selfies and pics that SA took during their relationship (remember this was a dream) the other members smirked as they all turned to look at JH, who was confused and didn't know how to react bc she was in acting mode throughout the whole time. the blind date girl smiled and quietly handed a box to jk, where he slowly and surely stood on one knee to propose toward JH. the members, production crew, even the blind date girl was in on it to surprise JH. making her believe that it just had to be another episode filmed for RM, releasing an early news article about the theme (bc lets be honest, ISNT IT STRANGE THAT THEY RELEASED NEWS ABOUT JK's THEME when it's 2 weeks away but they show us no indication of what JH's theme would be) at the end of my dream, JK confessed about their relationship and how he will start the New Years, helping JH prep for their wedding together. That was the end of my dream. ]

I woke up from it with mixed emotions - happy and thrilled but then complete and total sadness when I realized it was just a dream LOL. 

like i said, I'll try to keep an open mind and heart towards this blind date episode. hopefully it doesn't cause too much damage to the neitzens and the members again.

• Like 8