[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This episode was all about building the team and finding who plays what position. The new faces for this episode was Julian Kang, Seo Ji Suk, and Supermodel Lee Hye Jung (pretty and can ball!) lol. So they went to a training facility with their new "Coach" Woo Ji Won and former pro coach Choi In Son, who looks like he had his own dynasty team in Busan in the late 90's.

Anyways, they start with just basic drills like static ball handling and layup drills. Then they went into going into finding positions for these players. It broke down to: PG- Lee Hye Jung(1) SG- Seo Ji Suk(23) /Lee Su Geun (10) SF- JYP (32) /Changmin (14) PF- John Park(33) C- Julian Kang (12) / Kang Ho Dong (11) The numbers that are next to the name represent the number they will wear on their jersey. LHJ chose 1 because she wore that when she used to play when she was younger. SJS is a big Jordan fan so 23 only made sense. LSG chose 10 to represent Woo Ji Won, and is his soccer number also. JYP is a Dr. J fan so he took 32. Changmin chose 14 cause of a character in the Manga Slam Dunk. JP got 33 for Scottie Pippen and they were teasing him cause he kinda looked like him. JK wanted to be Dwight Howard, hopefully not the crap one from LA, hahah! and KHD is 11 to represent his friend, big man Seo Jang Hoon.

Next week they play their first game against a female team.

Q8rPt3m.png

meh, I'm not sold on that ex-national basketball player turned super model, Lee Hye Jung as much as you are. I can't believe Choi In Sun/Woo Ji Won named her the PG cuz her handles are pretty weak & in that team scrimmage, she didn't inspire confidence with either her passing skills or shot. It would've been better to have Seo Ji Suk just bring up the ball and run the offense thru him. on wells, guess they needed her to play a position somewhere on the team.

The thing I LOVED about this ep was Julian absolutely abusing KHD in the paint! >:) I also laughed when he swatted LSG's shot into the stands and LSG was ready to cry :))

cdUgxwY.jpg

I hope Julian can find an opportunity to throw down during an actual game! :-bd

bxD25S7.jpg

I'm feeling pretty good about this team atm & going into the game next week...Seo Ji Suk can flat ball, JYP has game, Julien looks like a beast in the middle...the team just needs these 3 to play up to their potential...John Park has a decent looking jumper, altho' I don't see it going in much...Lee Hye Jung & Changmin just need to stay outta way...no need for KHD or LSG to even see the floor lol but of course, they are gonna play. Woo Ji Won was working hard with these two this ep & hopefully, it'll pay off. at least, LSG is helping this team out there hustling and getting some floor burns in the previews. =D>

Yeah I wasn't expecting LHJ to be at the point and rather as a big body on the block, her up and under looked decent but left the shot short. I think because she played the most organized basketball and has an understanding of it that they put her at point. I don't mind SJS at the 2 guard position because he's the most natural scorer followed by Julian. JYP and John Park should switch positions cause it looks like JYP seems more of a post player with a mid range but I understand why they put John Park at the 4 cause I think he said that he liked grabbing boards and playing defense as the reason he likes playing basketball.

Today's ep was the game vs the Gyeonggi Hanam W. Press team and it was pretty good ep overall...the game was a bit sloppy in parts which is to be expected but it was competitive and hard fought. :-bd

YMZhJ36.png

Both teams had a chance to scout each other before the game & as expected the W.Press team identified Seo Ji Suk & Julian Kang as Cool Kiz team's main threats and KHD as the weakness lol...I remember during the game, the coach for the W.Press team told the girls to just leave KHD alone and don't even bother to guard him haha

3WXWXPv.jpg

I think it was only fitting that Cool Kiz lone female player, Lee Hye Jung scored the first basket of the game. =D>

F8kgNyW.jpg

There were a couple injuries suffered by the Cool Kiz team including Changmin rolling his ankle and more seriously, Seo Ji Suk banged knees. That looked painful! b-( Luckily, it wasn't serious and after some pas spray, he was back in the game. #:-S

I5sFHFq.jpg

The Cool Kiz team was just physically too strong inside especially with Julian & Cool Kiz just shut down anything in the paint. This forced the W.Press team into a jump shooting team and perimeter team and they lived by the 3 for most of the game. The coach for W.Press noticed this after the 1st quarter and instructed the women's team to go more uptempo on offense and use a full court press on defense. This strategy helped the W.Press team close the gap going into halftime.

It was a back & forth battle in the second half & my personal highlight was Lee Su Geun's breakaway lay up. haha, that was pretty awesome! I have to admit that I half expected him to throw it over the backboard and miss the rim entirely :)) His defense on #6 and running convo he had with her was funny too.

meuFu58.jpg

My MVP for the Cool Kiz team was Julian Kang. He was the reason for the team's lead in the first half with his offensive rebounds and put backs. Seo Ji Suk also had a couple of highlights including a sweet "Jordanesque" swooping reverse layup. =D> The MVP for the W.Press team was #21, Kim Min Kyung -- she was all over the court and was that teams' most consistent scorer, nailing 3's and hitting her FTs too. She impressed me with her game. :D

next week's teaser looks like the return of the "pitbull" Suk Joo Il and seems he was getting under the Cool Kiz player's skin especially Lee Su Geun and KHD. :))

blRkrZk.jpg

Man they are lucky that they had Julian in the middle. Without him they would have been blown out of the gym. Same with SJS, his scoring kept them in the game and all with driving to the basket. His reverse was awesome, the flipped video of MJ was not. Lol. John Park calling his rebound was dope and his post defense was tough. Same with LSG and his tight man defense on 6.

I don't get why they didn't play in a gym with wood floors. If they keep playing on that surface, a lot of the players are gonna get some strawberries like JYP did when he fell over.

Good to see them get their 2nd win. 2 more wins to get to Sochi, haha.

Oh, doesn't the Hanam coach look like an Asian version of Jeffery Donovan from Burn Notice?

xman150 said: Man they are lucky that they had Julian in the middle. Without him they would have been blown out of the gym. Same with SJS, his scoring kept them in the game and all with driving to the basket. His reverse was awesome, the flipped video of MJ was not. Lol. John Park calling his rebound was dope and his post defense was tough. Same with LSG and his tight man defense on 6.

I don't get why they didn't play in a gym with wood floors. If they keep playing on that surface, a lot of the players are gonna get some strawberries like JYP did when he fell over.

Good to see them get their 2nd win. 2 more wins to get to Sochi, haha.

Oh, doesn't the Hanam coach look like an Asian version of Jeffery Donovan from Burn Notice?

Its hard to tell what LJJ is wearing, I'm thinking they are Jordan Brand shoes. When they play next week I could probably figure it out. As for how he plays, hes another one of JYP's guys but from the preview he looks like he can ball.

Finally they are gonna play on a gym surface and not that crap they played on last game.

This episode was harsh! the Goyang team had 3 guys starting over 6'3"/193cm and shooters too. They really need some scorers besides SJS and Julian man. Lee Jung Jin and JYP tried their best but can't create their own shots. The fact they got blanked in the first quarter shows that. I like how the coach got pissed at JYP for playing streetball instead of team ball. And SJS with his layups are sick!!!

LSG was no where to be seen aside the first locker room meeting. I hope they can bring someone else to take his spot. Can Ricky Kim ball? Haha.

Next week looks crazy, they play the top middle school team in Korea, a high school team, and a college team in the same night.

Oh and I still haven't been able to find out what shoes LJJ is wearing.

xman150 said: This episode was harsh! the Goyang team had 3 guys starting over 6'3"/193cm and shooters too. They really need some scorers besides SJS and Julian man. Lee Jung Jin and JYP tried their best but can't create their own shots. The fact they got blanked in the first quarter shows that. I like how the coach got pissed at JYP for playing streetball instead of team ball. And SJS with his layups are sick!!!

LSG was no where to be seen aside the first locker room meeting. I hope they can bring someone else to take his spot. Can Ricky Kim ball? Haha.

Next week looks crazy, they play the top middle school team in Korea, a high school team, and a college team in the same night.

@rain719 i download the episodes raw. I'm not sure where there are streaming sites now, but if you are waiting for the KBS World version, I would give it two weeks as the next episode after the women's team is the training episode with Suk Ju Il. Or you could try the KBSEntertain YT page if it's available where you are, there are no subs on them though.

xman150 said: This episode was harsh! the Goyang team had 3 guys starting over 6'3"/193cm and shooters too. They really need some scorers besides SJS and Julian man. Lee Jung Jin and JYP tried their best but can't create their own shots. The fact they got blanked in the first quarter shows that. I like how the coach got pissed at JYP for playing streetball instead of team ball. And SJS with his layups are sick!!!

I think at the end in the locker room JYP was saying that he had too much wedding stuff on his mind and after the honeymoon, he'll be back to playing properly. Haha. Same with John Park in the beginning with his look and I think KHD was calling him out but then I think it was Woo Ji Won saying that how he normally is and John Park said that he was fine. Lol. Maybe Bushy eyebrows can come in and let SJS be a Westbrook type scoring PG.

Guest satsuki92

Love this show! My personal favourite was the badminton one. I felt like the cast/passing guest stars worked well with each other.

On another note... uri Dalhwan-sshi :( I wish him the best in his career but I also hope he comes back sometime. I will miss his head scratching :')

Accidentally I watch this show and I love it episode 29 and 30 is subbed but the other 2 episodes I watch last night is still in Raw but still I enjoy watching it especially Seo Ji Suk on the episode 32 Lee Jung Jin is already with them can't wait to watch the subbed of this 2 episodes.

This is a different reality show.

Archived