[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

Guest soongmoon

Cast of 'Cool Kiz on the Block' celebrate their second win at J.Y. Park's house

December 3, 2013 @ 1:30 pm

jy-park_1386092438_af_org.jpg

On December 3, the cast members of KBS 2TV's 'Cool Kiz on the Block' celebrated their second victory at J.Y. Park's house.

His house was revealed to be a large house enclosed by a high wall with CCTV and boasting a basketball court.  As soon as the cast members arrived and saw J.Y. Park's home, their jaws dropped.

Kang Ho Dong even said, "Wow, this is killer."

However, John Park said, "I don't even think J.Y. Park would have sasaeng fans, so this is a waste of money," making everyone laugh.

Source: allkpop.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soongmoon

"Basketball helped me understand what audition contestants go through!" -Park Jin-young [2013-12-02]

1904_5063_l.jpg

On the latest episode of Happy Together 3, the featured guests are celebrities with layers of interesting personalities and images.

The man hogging the spotlight was none other than Mr. JYP, Park Jin-young.

Park has been busy working as a member of the basketball team in the reality show "Cool Kiz on the Block."

Park said "I thought I was pretty good in basketball. I was fairly confident of my skills, but in the face of those who do it for a living and more experienced ballers, I felt small."He went on to add that during audition programs, as the judge, he was pretty harsh."I always get upset at participants who seem nervous and tell them to calm down."Now I know better, and I won't be so harsh.Source:KBS Global

Guest soongmoon

Sports and Entertainment Basketball Team Takes Part in Special Training Led by Hur Jae   [2013-12-05]

1910_5072_l.jpg

The basketball team of sports and entertainment world shed sweat in hard training led by 'baseball president' Hur Jae. In the episode 35 of KBS 2TV "Cool Kiz on the Block", which aired on Dec.3, Hur Jae played as one-day coach of the sports and entertainment team and gave the team a true taste of basketball.

His appearance greatly boosted viewing figures. According to Nielsen Korea, "Cool Kiz on the Block" episode 31 achieved an audience share of 7.9%, an increase of 1.7 % on last week's figure, beating all other programs in the same time slot.

In the episode, the sports and entertainment team engaged in a special training session with Cheonju KCC directed by Hur Jae, one of the most charismatic figures in Korean basketball. The Cheonju KCC leading players such as Kang Byeong-hyun, Kim Min-gu and Chang Min-guk all participated in the training and their mission was to earn 10 points.

The instant the start whistle was blown, Cheonju KCC started to amass points enough to make the sports and entertainment team members feel their backs were to the wall. John Park said,”It looks like Julienne Kang fighting with a primary school student.” Cheonju KCC players got point by point in neat plays while the sports and entertainment team players struggled in bad conditions.  

The sports and entertainment team lost the game 29 to 5. The team members realized the gap between them and the KCC players in skills.

And they learned advanced skills necessary for in each positions through match with the KCC players.They learned forward players’ trick plays against the guarding opponents from Kang Byeong-hyun, the method of overpowering the opponents with leg power from Chang Min-guk and fake motions by guards that are useful in actual game from Kim Min-gu.

The sports and entertainment team members learned those skills through real plays and experienced a real taste of basketball. They may have only scored five points, but their basketball skills improved gradually, which pleased viewers. 

The training was a good opportunity for them to think how hard the pro basketballers had trained and the sweat they had shed on the court to become such good players.

Hur Jae encouraged the sports and entertainment team members by saying “It is important to move one's body by oneself and experience basketball." In an interview with Kang Ho-dong, Hur Jae said showing his little finger with a broken ligament, “As I play baskeball, I think that basketball itself is my life.”. His works moved the viewers deeply.  

He emphasized the team play and harmony between the five team players in the game, saying “The player who only tries to shine himself in plays should be whipped.”

Source:
KBS Global

Guest soongmoon

Hur Jae Style ‘Kang Ho-dong Taming’ Delivers Big Laughs
[2013-12-06]

1911_5074_l.jpg

Hur Jae’s “Kang Ho-dong taming” have aroused some thunderous bursts of laughter. Episode 35 of KBS2TV’s “Cool Kids On the Block” that aired on Dec.3, featured the sports and entertainment basketball team taking part in special training with Cheonju KCC led by 'basketball president' Hur Jae. His appearance greatly boosted viewing figures. According to Nielsen Korea, "Cool Kids on the Block" episode 35 achieved an audience share of 7.9%, an increase of 1.7 % on last week's figure, beating all other programs in the same time slot. In the episode, Hur Jae, who was a one-day coach for the sports and entertainment basketball team, singled out Kang Ho-dong from the start and sank his spirit, saying “You should listen to me carefully during the plays.” Hur Jae’s warnings didn't stop there. He scolded Kang Ho-dong sternly, “Why do you, as a center, go out to the forward so often?! You did not follow my instructions, and you went inside center.” He said to Kang Ho-dong when he told him that he wanted to play as a point guard, “No. Your face itself shows you are most appropriate for a center.” His flat refusal made viewers laugh. Hur Jae drove the sports entertainment team members to take part in a special match against Jeonju KCC players, saying “You should experience plays by yourselves against pro players.” Then a mission to earn 10 points was given to the sports entertainment team. Kang Ho-dong, who has been a bench warmer from the first round, immersed himself in coaching role.

He told coach Choo Seung-gyun, “It may be hard to work with director Hur Jae. Think you are climbing a high mountain.” He scolded team members who made mistakes. He lost no opportunity of venting his spleen when Julien Kang struggled in the KCC players’ one-sided attacks, saying “You could not move your own hands.” Hur Jae, who smirked at Kang Ho-dong’s absurd director role, again gave him the opportunity to play on the court. After a while, he snarled at Kang when he ran around the court's outer side, saying “Go inside. If not, I will exclude from the team.”  He shouted when Kang required repeated time outs, “Do not request time outs. I have nothing to say.”   Hur Jae, in a special talk with Kang,gave warm-hearted advice for him based on his 30-year experience in the basketball world. He advised him to play by exploiting his strong points, saying “You should seize the good position earlier than the opponent.”     He spoke about his brilliant plays, including an experience he gained as much as 75 points in one game,and showed his small finger with a broken ligament. He said, “I started to play when I was a fourth grader in primary school. I fortunately became a director of a team and I could play only basketball throughout my life. Now I think basketball itself is my life.” Kang Ho-dong, who became smaller whenever he stood before Hur Jae, drove viewers into great laughter. Hur Jae gave a deep impression to the viewers when he revealed his experience in his 30-year basketball career and gave advice on good plays.  He said “Whatever a player does, it’s okay when the play contributes to the team. Harmony and team work is most important in basketball plays.” Source:KBS Global

Guest soongmoon

[Trans] "Cool Kiz" will hold a charity match

The charity match will help to convey dreams and hopes to the needy people and has been arranged as a project to share the love through "Love's Ramen". This match will take place on Dec 11 at a gymnasium in Ilsan and will be broadcast on Dec 24.

The "Cool Kidz" basketball team will be led by Coach Suk Joo Il, and they will go against a team with former handball national representative Choi Hyun Ho, former national basketball representative Park Kwang Jae, singers Lee Ji Hoon, Tim, EXO's Kris, Shin Yong Jae, gagman Yang Bae Chu and Yoon Hyung Bin etc.

The admission fee to this charity match is "1 pack of ramen (instant noodles)". The ramen will be donated to welfare organizations in the name of the winning team after the match. The "Cool Kidz" basketball team wanted to lend a helping hand to the needy during the Christmas and end-of-year season.

In line with the objective to help the needy be able to spend a heartwarming winter, the "Cool Kiz" basketball team has pledged to do their best to score as many points as possible.

Source: naver
Translated by: @mug_ping
Shared by: WBC

Credit to:onehallyu.com

Guest soongmoon

2PM's Nichkhun and Olympic athlete Lee Yong Dae will reunite and show off their badminton skills on 'Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education'!

November 27, 2013 @ 3:20 am

2PM-Nichkhun_1385531008_af_org.jpg
A rep from 'Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education' told MBN on the 27th, "We will film a 'Badminton Returns' special on December 18... The guests will be Lee Yong Dae, badminton coach Park Joo Bong, and Nichkhun."

Nichkhun previously floored the cast of the show with his badminton skills back in July and will return for a real competition with Lee Yong Dae and former Badminton athlete Park Joo Bong who will join them as a coach.

The 'Badminton Returns' special will air on January 7 KST!

Source: allkpop

i watched the entire show but damn what the hell is it with the editing? i heard KBS is going thru some strikes last week,i wonder if its still going on,mayb someone took over the editing? if this is the way the PD is editing,then something must be wrong with you PD! i am not happy with you at all! i dont know,something just seems diff~
that aside,LOL JYP doing a bbq when its -1°C outside! crazeeeh! i wouldnt even go out if i had the choice,but to eat outside? NEVER! LOL and we dont get to see his new wife? i'm kinda sad~ 

and apparently last week's epi had no1 rating in its slot, 7.9% 
http://etv.donga.com/VIEW/?idxno=201312040059584&category=001005

and THIS def makes me anticipate the next game more :
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109740366

kim hyuk "levitation" trended on daum bcoz of this pictures~ apparently the news is calling it levitation jump~

Guest soongmoon

trans] "Cool Kidz" Max Changmin, Popularity Contest with Japanese comedian in the heart of downtown201312100859162410_1.jpg

Max Changmin will have a popularity contest against Japanese comedian Tamura Hiroshi.

The "Cool Kidz" basketball team took part in the Korean-Japanese Lifestyle and Sports Exchange Festival, and had a special match against the slam dunk team from the Japanese basketball team.

The Japanese slam dunk team comprises of 9 players selected from Japanese basketball clubs RBC, Kirin, Again, and most of them began their extraordinary careers by watching slam dunks during their childhood. They are strong opponents, with their background in basketball being 10 years and above and players who have played in the 2nd league and players who had targeted being professional basketball players.

Amongst these players, Tamura Hiroshi made the first move to play mind games as he boasted that his popularity was close to Max Changmin.

Tamura Hiroshi is a famous Japanese comedian [other details about him omitted].

Tamura Hiroshi tried to ruffle Max Changmin up by saying to him, "Max Changmin's popularity isn't even half of my popularity", to which Max Changmin replied with a dig at Tamura Hiroshi's recognition levels, "People said you are one of the top comedians in Japan but I haven't seen you at all before on TV".

Max Changmin and Tamura Hiroshi then had a real-time survey of popularity levels in the heart of downtown. In order to prove their own hot popularity, they showed off their desperation on the spot and used all their energy to shout loudly etc, igniting a battle. The broadcast will be on Dec 10 at 11:20pm.

Source:newsen
via:@mug_ping

Guest lamour17

Anyone here knows where can I watch the new episode. Even its Raw or there is no Eng sub, I am fine, as long as I can catch up with the show.
Coz KBS is very slow updating this show. 
Thanks Guys !

laydeebutterfly said: i watched the entire show but damn what the hell is it with the editing? i heard KBS is going thru some strikes last week,i wonder if its still going on,mayb someone took over the editing? if this is the way the PD is editing,then something must be wrong with you PD! i am not happy with you at all! i dont know,something just seems diff~
that aside,LOL JYP doing a bbq when its -1°C outside! crazeeeh! i wouldnt even go out if i had the choice,but to eat outside? NEVER! LOL and we dont get to see his new wife? i'm kinda sad~ 

and apparently last week's epi had no1 rating in its slot, 7.9% 
http://etv.donga.com/VIEW/?idxno=201312040059584&category=001005

and THIS def makes me anticipate the next game more :
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109740366

kim hyuk "levitation" trended on daum bcoz of this pictures~ apparently the news is calling it levitation jump~

Guest soongmoon

class="titleNews"TVXQ’s Max Changmin Causes Traffic Jam in Japanese Airport2013.12.11 10:20  

TVXQ’s Max Changmin’s popularity in Japan was proven once again.

On the December 10’s broadcast of KBS 2TV’s Our Neighborhood’s Masters of Variety and Sports, the members were seen leaving for Tokyo for a Korea versus Japan basketball match.

TVXQ’s Max Changmin Causes Traffic Jam in Japanese Airport

Before leaving for Japan, Park Jin Young, who was the captain, said, “I’ll pass on the captain position to Max Changmin since I can’t speak Japanese,” but Max Changmin made everyone laugh by saying, “You say captain, but I’ll actually be used as a translator.”

When the members arrived at the Japanese airport, they were surprised to see a sea of Max Changmin’s fans waiting not only at the airport, but in front of the basketball court as well.

The members were awed by the popularity of the hallyu star, but the TVXQ member was seen being embarrassed at the spotlight.

Source:mwave

Guest soongmoon

Cool Kiz On the Block is recording Christmas Charity Basketball Game today with Exo Kris as the main highlight. The recording will be broadcast on 24 Dec.

394448a0-763c-445f-b02a-fc252508717b_zps

8086a6ce-efc7-48c1-9951-c361fa19f7b2_zps

Fantaken pics from Exo_Kris Facebook

EXO’s Kris poses with Singer Tim in new selca

Singer Tim revealed selca taken with EXO's Kris through Twitter. He uploaded the photo on 11th December with the message,"at the filming set, with EXO Kris, EXO Kris and i before our basketball game

EXO's Kris poses with Singer Tim in new selca
Singer Tim revealed selca taken with EXO’s Kris through Twitter.

He uploaded the photo on 11th December with the message,”at the filming set, with EXO Kris, EXO Kris and i before our basketball game.”

Tim and Kris show the popular V sign in basketball outfits in their latest photo.

They participated in the filming of KBS2TV sports show which was recorded on 11th December and will be broadcast on 24th.

Source:ohkpop

13.12.11 Exo Kris' team lost at a score of 43:53 but he played really well today.  He was named

MVP again.

[TRANS] Changmin did not join the Cool Kiz's Christmas Charity Game due to a scheduling conflict. Source:

DAUM article Via @LuvTV2XQ:

Guest soongmoon

class="titleNews"TVXQ′s Max Changmin Beats Out Japanese Comedian in Popularity Test in Japan2013.12.11 

TVXQ’s Max Changmin′s popularity was too much for Japanese comedian, Tamura Hiroshi.

In December 10’s broadcast of KBS 2TV’s Our Neighborhood’s Masters of Variety and Sports, the members were seen traveling to Japan in order to hold a basketball match.

The members finally met with Japanese team ‘Slam Dunk.’ The ‘Slam Dunk’ members showed a sense of rivalry and competition even before the game started.

TVXQ′s Max Changmin Beats Out Japanese Comedian in Popularity Test in Japan

The ‘Slam Dunk’ member who was especially competitive was a Japanese comedian, Tamura Hiroshi, who called himself a ‘super star’ in Japan and showed much confidence.

Kang Ho Dong then suggested doing a popularity test on the spot, where both Max Changmin and Tamura Hiroshi waved towards the fans standing outside the stadium to see who received a bigger response.

The fans began cheering loudly when Max Changmin waved at them for three seconds, proving his popularity. Then Tamura Hiroshi took his turn, but fell into despair, as he got no response at all.

But Tamura Hiroshi made everyone laugh by being sad and embarrassed by the results. 

Source:mwave

The first thing I want to mention is that KHD did not get fouled on that play! Good thing the ref gave him that call cause I though it was a traveling violation.

It's a good thing that LHJ finally stepped up on the offense and decided to shoot. That up and under move she pulled off was great, although at first I thought she traveled as well. Good thing they showed the replay. She finally found out that since the opponents aren't guarding her, she should just take the shots that they are giving her.

Seriously its a good thing that they have SJS, Julian, and Kang Hyuk as they are the main offense behind the team. If it wasn't for the coaches bringing back KH in the 4th qtr. they would have ended up losing again .

Looking forward to the Japanese team as they are comprised of mostly semi-pro guys that know how to ball. As for the charity game, I totally forgot that Tim played ball cause, between him and Julian, they would have been beast on the post!

Guest soongmoon

Kang Ho-dong a Big Presence With Just the Size of His Face
[2013-12-12]

1918_5091_l.jpg

Kang Ho-dong's big face size worked even in Japan. KBS2TV's 'Cool Kidz on the Block' has been stirring up a basketball fever in the nation with each passing game filled with excitement. In the 36th episode, the Cool Kidz team participated in a Korea Japan Sports Exchange Program and faced off against Japan's sports for all basketball team Slam Dunk.

During the match, the Japanese team showed particular interest in Kang Ho-dong's face size, sparking curiosity about where the interest came from. Before the actual game, both teams warmed up and were sizing up against each other. Just at a first glance, the size of Kang's face was enough to overpower the Japanese players.

Kang Ho-dong has been giving off an overpowering presence everywhere he went, the airport, the basketball court and even on the street. Tamura Hiroshi told Kang, "Your size is amazing" giving him the thumbs-up sign and added, "Your big face shows strength" showing sincere envy.

The staff members said despite national and cultural boundaries, people see similar things and Kang's big face was enough to make him the first player to be especially cautious of.

As such, Kang Ho-dong has been showing that his face has been added as a new basketball "skill". The audience will be able to find out if this new skill was successful on the 36th episode.

'Cool Kidz on the Block' is a sports entertainment show that pits entertainers against ordinary sports for all teams. The show airs every Tuesdays at 11:20 p.m.

Source:KBS Global

Guest soongmoon

class="entry-title"[131211][News] Max Changmin did not take part in “Cool Kidz” filming – “Due to TVXQ’s schedule” Posted on December 12, 2013

Idol group TVXQ’s Max Changmin did not take part in the recording of “Cool Kidz”.

On December 11, KBS2 TV’s “Cool Kidz” basketball team and the celebrity team had a Christmas charity match at the Goyang Gymnasium. On this day, Kang Ho Dong, Kim Hyuk, Julien Kang, John Park, Seo Ji Suk, Lee Hye Jung etc took part in the match, but MC Max Changmin was absent from the filming and could not take part in the match.

Regarding his absence, a “Cool Kidz” staff informed MyDaily on December 12 as follows, “Because his schedule could not accommodate the filming, it was a pity that he had to be absent from the match and filming.” He also revealed that due to a schedule which could not be disclosed which had been arranged for TVXQ way earlier, Max Changmin inevitably could not come to the “Cool Kidz” filming venue.

Source:Daum

Engtrans by mug_ping. Shared by 218effort.

Guest soongmoon

Chang-min of TVXQ's Results For a Live Popularity Test in Japan?
[2013-12-13]

1919_5093_l.jpg

The Cool Kidz basketball team is in Japan and all eyes are focused on the results of a popularity test. KBS 2TV's Cool Kidz on the Block has been creating a basketball fever in Korea with the thrilling matches these days. In the 36th episode, the Cool Kidz team participated in a special exchange match with a Japanese sports for all team called "Slam Dunk".

The Japanese team "Slam Dunk" was made up of nine representatives from Japanese basketball clubs RBC, KIRIN and AGAIN. They all had an interesting history of wanting to play basketball after reading the comic, Slam Dunk. Meanwhile, most of them had over ten years of experience in playing the sport, while some were aspiring to become professional players.

Even with their first appearance, they had fire in their eyes and was on the lookout for victory. One of the members, Tamura Hiroshi showed popularity that rivaled "Asia's Prince", Chang-min of TVXQ.

Tamura Hiroshi is a popular Japanese comedian and his book "Homeless Middle School Student" gained popularity in Korea. He started the rivalry, telling Chang-min that his popularity in Japan is only half of Hiroshi's. However, Chang-min quickly responded by saying, "I heard you were a superstar in Japan but I've never seen you on TV".

So, the two began a popularity test on the streets of Japan. The two were said to have gone all out to prove their popularity and the results will be revealed in the 36th episode of Cool Kidz on the Block.

Meanwhile, Cool Kidz on the Block show sports matches between celebrities and just ordinary people "on the block". It airs every Tuesday at 11:20 p.m.

Source:KBS Global

Archived