[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

SHIN YONG JAE! Lol who know he could pass the ball like that? He making them no look passes seem easy to do. Haha, I was genuinely surprised at his play out of all the guys on the New Kiz team. Any news on who busted up Tim's nose? That wad of tissue up his nostril was huge!

2 weeks until the next episode and the group of players they got for the Badminton episodes should be good to watch until the basketball returns.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soongmoon

EXO Kris is the Ace in Visuals and Skills

EXO Kris is the Ace in Visuals and Skills

EXO Kris' thighs were caught on camera during a basketball game, and the fans are already going wild over it. KBS's "Our Neighborhood Arts and Sports" hosted a Christmas charity event in which two celebrity basketball teams went head to head.

EXO Kris’ thighs were caught on camera during a basketball game, and the fans are already going wild over it.

KBS’s “Our Neighborhood Arts and Sports” hosted a Christmas charity event in which two celebrity basketball teams went head to head. It will air on December 24th.

Even though the two teams came to compete under the premise of charity and love, they competed with their pride on the line when they were on court.

Kris’ picture was snapped and released for the preview of this episode. His thighs were the focus of attention for many of his fans. They also commented on his facial expression, saying that his face is chic and cool even playing sports.

Kris was highly praised by the coach, who was himself a former basketball player. He stated that the teams ace is undoubtedly Kris, giving him high praise throughout the competition.

The teams were divided as the “Sports Entertainment” home team and “Celebrity” away team. The “Celebrity” team consisted of head coach Suk Joo Il, Choi Hyun Ho, Park Gwang Jae, Yoon Hyung Bin, Jo Se Ho, TIM, Shin Yong Jae, and Kris. The “Sports Entertainment” team consisted of head coach Woo Ji Won, Kang Ho Dong, Park Jin Young, John Park, Julien Kang, Suh Ji Suk, Lee Hye Jung, Lee Jung Jin, and Kim Hyuk.

The event was held at Go Yang Sports Center in Kyung Ki Do.

Source:ohkpop

oh man, this was a bomb azz ep! \m/  I think the most enjoyable one yet...what a way for Cool Kiz to leave BB with a bang! I knew the "spoiler" results weeks ago but it didn't deter my enjoyment of this ep one bit. dayum, just thinking that Cool Kiz is leaving BB for a while is making me sad thinking about it already. :((

yeah I agree with @xman150, that Shin Yong Jae was a surprise. If there is one player, I wish Cool Kiz can poach off the New Kiz team it would be SYJ...well, other than the ex-pro baller, Park Kwang Jae of course. I loved watching SYJ probe the paint & then kick it out to the open shooters and yeah, he has nice court vision & BB instincts to make those no look passes. heck, didn't he even assist on Jo Se Ho's lone bucket? that alone tells me he's a miracle worker. :))

rkI2Cpb.jpghttp:

speaking of Park Kwang Jae, that dude lived up to his billing too. He didn't look like he was in the best of physical shape but he still showed off his wares. No wonder coach Woo Ji Won wanted him ineligible to play for New Kiz  before the game cuz he's an ex-pro but Coach Suk Joo Il for the New Kiz team wanted Kim Hyuk out in exchange lol...man, this Coach Suk Joo Il is intense & fiery! He had me shaking during his halftime speech when he ripped his team a new one...I can imagine how the players felt who had to bare the brunt of wrath in person. :-SS That New Kiz team sure took on the personality of their coach with their annoying trash talking and unsportsmanlike tactics like Wang Biho's opening tip play haha...ok, I know he goes by Yoon Hyung Bin or whateva but he'll always be Wang Biho to me. :P

12SMYX5.jpg

I predicted that Julian would have a big game but that was before I saw this New Kiz team had that Park Kwang Jae. I thought that Tim was the biggest dude on the team lol...kinda curious why New Kiz didn't have PKJ guarding him more? :-? but oh well, it certainly worked in Julian's favor. It was hilarious when Julian was abusing New Kiz inside and Wang Biho pleaded with Coach Il to let him in the game to guard Julian and then promptly gets flattened by Julian hehe. Coach Il proceeds to yell at Wang Biho on why he's getting mauled by Julian when he said he would be the one dishing it out. :))

Kris played much better this game than he did on DT IMO. He won the MVP on DT but he didn't deserve it on merit...this time around, he actually played like an "MVP" until he choked at the end when he tried to take the game over for New Kiz & got badly beaten by Seo Ji Suk on a couple of ill advised shots that led to long rebounds & fast breaks that pretty much sealed the game for Cool Kiz. Kim Hyuk was kinda incognito this game & wasn't much of a factor really but did Lee Hye Jung and John Park ever step up! Especially JP in crunch time. Best game he has played for Cool Kiz by far. Even if he didn't score a single basket or get a single rebound, his fierce 'look' would've made up for it...I mean, c'mon...this face is classic! =))

80MGRCq.png

This was the best game that KHD has played too IMO. I loved his hustle on defense & he finally did the smart thing and ball faked & passed up a 3-point shot & didn't shoot it! That alone saved me from cringing at another possible air ball. So props to KHD for that. =D>

anyway, a really intense & competitive game and more importantly, it was fun for the viewers. On a side note, I haven't followed Secret in a while, so when KBS aired the new Secret MV after Cool Kiz & showed the badminton schedule, I was shocked ...dang, if you would've told me that they replaced Zinger (Hana) with another gal, I would've believed it!  She looks like a totally different person huh? :-O  can't tell me, she just lost weight or it's just her makeup. :P

vuZ20YZ.png

Guest kentanggoreng

Hi im new here =)

Make this acc just to comment about current games...cool kiz vs new kiz =)

I dont know y but im rooting towards suk ju il coachnim group more than woo ji won coachnim group hehehehe...

Guest kentanggoreng

bulgogi88 said:I think a lot of the fans in the crowd were rooting for New Kiz too judging by the crowd response...or was it just a minority of Exotics/Kris fans who were making all the noise when the New Kiz team scored? :)) I remember a funny split screen where they showed the two groups of girls cheering wildly and the other being disappointed when Kris scored lol

Guest soongmoon

Good news for Kim Hyuk's Fans!

Picture

Kim Hyuk's Fan Club link.

http://kimhyeokfc.weebly.com/

• The first Twitter FC | English-Korean Fanpage
    Daily updates about the ace.
  • Filmography
  • Blogs (Picture Gallery)
  • Events    

# The basketball series will continue after the badminton special in January 2014. They are expected to play one more game but how many after that is not made known.

Guest soongmoon

Coach Woo Ji Won Vs Coach Suk Joo Il

Head Coach Choi is a strategist while Coach Woo is the right hand man or the general who will help to execute their plans with proper trainings. He has the skills and the know how and will try his best to impart his knowledge by showing them the skills on the court as well. He is the younger one and more energetic so he will be on the court more than the head coach. He mixes well with the players so he will have a lot of input in terms of the players' well being.  In fact, he knows many celebrity basketball players as he is the coach for a celebrity basketball team called 'Rainbow Stars'. Coach Woo is not a newbie to sports variety shows as well.  They chose wisely by getting Head Coach Choi. He understands the team's strengths and weaknesses. For every game, he has a goal or a mission for them to accomplish albeit small ones. Coach Woo will benefit a lot from being with the head coach. Together, the coaches become a force to be reckoned with.

I like Coach Suk Joo Il actually. However I pity the players under his tutelage.He lacks the skills so he compensated it with his boorish way of playing. There are times when a team will need his type of defensive play and rough method but that would only make him amusing;not a great player nor a good coach. The 'New Kiz' team had many good talents and they could have defeated The Cool Kiz (in my opinion) by a small margin. However, it was mostly due to the coach's lack of strategies and ill advised plays that brought them down. His temper is scary as well. The taunts during the opening are just childish and unwarranted.
But that's a variety show and they are all peers so I guess it is acceptable.

# Cool Kiz should learn how to pass from Coach Joo Il. They were awesome.

soongmoon said: Coach Woo Ji Won Vs Coach Suk Joo Il

Head Coach Choi is a strategist while Coach Woo is the right hand man or the general who will help to execute their plans with proper trainings. He has the skills and the know how and will try his best to impart his knowledge by showing them the skills on the court as well. He is the younger one and more energetic so he will be on the court more than the head coach. He mixes well with the players so he will have a lot of input in terms of the players' well being.  In fact, he knows many celebrity basketball players as he is the coach for a celebrity basketball team called 'Rainbow Stars'. Coach Woo is not a newbie to sports variety shows as well.  They chose wisely by getting Head Coach Choi. He understands the team's strengths and weaknesses. For every game, he has a goal or a mission for them to accomplish albeit small ones. Coach Woo will benefit a lot from being with the head coach. Together, the coaches become a force to be reckoned with.

I like Coach Suk Joo Il actually. However I pity the players under his tutelage.He lacks the skills so he compensated it with his boorish way of playing. There are times when a team will need his type of defensive play and rough method but that would only make him amusing;not a great player nor a good coach. The 'New Kiz' team had many good talents and they could have defeated The Cool Kiz (in my opinion) by a small margin. However, it was mostly due to the coach's lack of strategies and ill advised plays that brought them down. His temper is scary as well. The taunts during the opening are just childish and unwarranted.
But that's a variety show and they are all peers so I guess it is acceptable.

# Cool Kiz should learn how to pass from Coach Joo Il. They were awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skeletonworks

Never watched Cool Kiz before until my friend recommended it to me. Boy I was hooked since then! But I only watch the Basketball chapter. I hope they prolong the Basketball chapter. Love Hyeok & Jiseok ♥♥♥♥ I also started digging old basketball clips featuring Woo Jiwon, Seok Jooil etc. Hahaha. Crazy!
Whenever Hyeok's playing, he's just oozing with sexiness! Hahaha! Glad someone make an FC for him. Very little is known about him! I want him to be a lead in a basketball theme drama like "Last Match"!! That'd be soooo awesome! Or maybe something like an old Taiwanese drama called "My MVP Valentine"!! Love that drama so much!!

Guest rochinipark

when will if ever LeeSugeun return to the variety shows after his fine for the gambling issue which has settled.

Hmmm,i miss him.

Guest dijerusli

Hi you guys.. I'm a fanatic for this basketball series. Every game is pure awesomeness, win or lose, just hands down awesome. Kim Hyeok-Seo Ji Seok-Julien Kang are definitely the powers of teamwork. But seeing there's already a filming pictures for the return of badminton :(( noooooo..... that means the awesome basketball team is going to end. Aaakkkhhhh.... can it be just keep going with the basketball series?!? They're amazing! Don't break the team apart!! Don't take them away from us, the fans!!! :(( Well, i hope they'll return after the badminton [-O<

Guest skeletonworks

SPOILER AHEAD!

I don't know if this is part of the show or not but they're using the Cool Kiz jersey. But Hodong, Changmin & Julien were nowhere to be seen. They were replaced by Coach Woo Jiwon himself & Shin Yongjae!!! They were playing against Women's Korean Basketball League's Legends team. I think the Legends team consist of professional women's basketball player, who already retired. And guess what, Cool Kiz won!!!
Gutted that Julien was not playing but with SYJ & Coach Woo as his replacement, and the fact that they won, is super awesome! As seen in the Xmas special, SYJ has shown that he got the skill for b-ball! Whoever made the decision to bring him in the team had made a wise decision. John Park has also step up his defense. So happy to see a lot of them have progressed in such a short time.
A pass was being made by the opponent team but Jiseok intercepted it & the ball got out but Jiseok shamelessly raised his hand, like to indicate that it's his ball. And this is girl was like "No, no. It's our ball. He shoved my hand & the ball got out" something like that. The scene is hilarious because Jiseok just shrugged & acted dumb. Well I don't know for sure if it's his hand or the girl's hand that got the ball out because it's not clear from the camera angle.
Hyuk scored a lot. Well at least the video showed him scored a lot. It could have been heavily edited since the video is only 15 mins. There was a time when Jiseok could have shoot because he's already under the basket, but he decided to pass it to Hyuk.
Anyway, still wish the basketball theme is prolong.
Oh here's an article on this:http://www.koreatimesus.com/?p=5097

Cool video! The legends team were made up of retired WKBL players and even though they weren't wearing the real cool kiz jerseys they still rocked the shows logo.

Seriously Shin Yong Jae plays like he's Pistol Pete Maravich with all his fancy passes. Even in that video he does a little euro step layup too. Awesome man, I always thought he was taller than he is on this show.

Guest kentanggoreng

coach woo ji won already told about the game at his twitter i believe...but i dont know either this is for cool kiz or not... =)

Archived