[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

On 6/12/2016 at 1:25 AM, kookiemonsta said:

Rugby? If so, then HoDong will be useful again! XD

No Ruby.... the team will focus to become Korean Athletic supporter in Olympic at Brazil for several games such as badminton, judo etc....

So no new game till next winter.... winter and rubby will be like "WTH" combination,  so maybe next sport should be indoor game .... as it will be nice if ... Ice Hockey? :P:P:P I need a physical game.... 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally sent the Lee PD-nim an email & signed petition stating I want Cool Kiz to do a billiards/3 cushion ep next. I told him they better bring on Han Joo-hee too. This will be ratings gold right here. :wink:

2 hours ago, bulgogi88 said:

I personally sent the Lee PD-nim an email & signed petition stating I want Cool Kiz to do a billiards/3 cushion ep next. I told him they better bring on Han Joo-hee too. This will be ratings gold right here. :wink:

Hide contents

That would be great! She's pretty! Nice job! :w00t:

MADTOWN’s Jota Shows Off Present From Virtual Wife Kim Jin Kyung

cool kiz on the block2

On the recent episode of “Cool Kiz on the Block” that aired on June 21, the members take a camping trip together.

While preparing dinner together, the members decide to pull a prank on Oh Man Suk, who came late to the gathering due to his schedule.

While Hak Jin secretly stuffs a wrap with garlic, MADTOWN’s Jota distracts Oh Man Suk by starting a conversation. Man Suk then compliments Jota’s shirt, saying, “It’s pretty.” Jota happily replies, “My wife bought it for me.”

Jota is currently appearing on “We Got Married,” and he is referring to his virtual wife Kim Jin Kyung.

When Hak Jin actually brings the prank food, Oh Man Suk realizes that it’s a prank and the members’ plan goes down the drain.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/21/madtowns-jota-shows-off-present-virtual-wife-kim-jin-kyung/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been watching this show for a while now and did notice that some of games were pre set, meaning the Cool Kiz would win against all odds.  I think that's not fair, people will still watch and actually root for the non celebrities because that's what the show is about isn't it, to show how koreans are into sports and that anyone can be good at whatever it is they practice in, even older people.

That said, one of my pet peeves is Hodong, the MC, whose old style of hosting is grating on the nerves. He's always shouting and either bullying or making fun of someone. He also always has to be the star. Maybe it's time to refresh and re-think the format and the host. 

@labradorlady This show is getting cancelled. 

misc

KBS might be cancelling two variety shows due to low ratings.

According to an insider, 'Welcome SHOW' will be taken down only 4 months after it started because of its low ratings (averaging 2-3% per episode). KBS has denied the rumors saying that nothing was confirmed yet. However, rumors have also been popping up that 'Cool Kiz on the Block' will be cancelled for the same reason - ratings around 2%.

The station will go through a large line-up change after the Chuseok holidays at the end of the month. Since there will be a lot of pilots tested during Chuseok, whatever has a good response will be replacing 'Welcome SHOW' and 'Cool Kiz on the Block'. 

An insider said, "As no replacement program has been decided, they're trying not to talk about the decision to cut the shows. However, it's basically confirmed that the two shows will be cut. It has even been relayed to the main PDs. The exact dates will be confirmed  later, but they will be replaced during October."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/kbs-might-be-cancelling-welcome-show-and-cool-kiz-on-the-block

I pray this show doesn't get cancelled. 

I have been a long time fan since the very beginning. I get annoyed when people complain about Kang Hodong. I mean thats his style. It always has been and will be. It wont ever change. The PD's wont change the mc and continue the show.. they wouldn't do that out of respect for KHD.

@Sunshine_Her Me too so sad if this will be cancelled. :tears:   I wish they give it one more chance since LSG just came back. They just need to lessen the talk segment and show more training segments.

Next Sport (might be the last) is Archery.

14222154_845772715558758_7664094650778675805_n.png?oh=d3d54675cd4633d05973fb026e7bc874&oe=58444CF6&__gda__=1480668072_cde6cca291366f6ec27c6ca470fb62f4

Lee Si-young, Lee Kyu-han, singer Choi Jung-won, Hyosung(secret)

14192771_845774168891946_5511839866323670352_n.jpg?oh=6788f92968de10eb68a8077db6876988&oe=587A8F34

https://www.facebook.com/OurNeighborhoodVarietySportsKbs/

• 4 weeks later...

In the recent sport of archery, I think Hodong has met his match in Siyoung LoL! She really knows how to make him flustered and he actually looked intimidated by her heh. Wished Sugeun quit with the tomfoolery. I mean yea we get you're there to provide comic relief, just don't overdo it. As expected, Siyoung is a bad@$$ LoL. 

A shame KBS is cancelling this show...

Archived