Guest haodinh thi

the-heirs-episode-3-review-kim-ji-won-hu

[News] The Heirs Episode 3 Review: Kim Ji Won is Not Fond of Park Shin Hye

http://www.dkdrama.com/2013/10/news-heirs-episode-3-review-kim-ji-won_17.html

[News] The Heirs Episode 3 Review: Lee Min Ho Watches Park Shin Hye Sleep

http://www.dkdrama.com/2013/10/news-heirs-episode-3-review-lee-min-ho.html

[News] The Heirs Episode 3 Review: Kim Ji Won Hugs Lee Min Ho

http://www.dkdrama.com/2013/10/news-heirs-episode-3-review-kim-ji-won.html

episode 4 text preview (apologies if posted previously; credits to sbs.co.kr): 무심히 시선을 들던 탄은 낯익은 뒷모습에 은상임을 깨닫고 심장이 멎는 듯하다. 라헬이 안겨 있다는 생각도 잊은 채 은상을 불러 버럭 화를 내는데 은상은 뒤도 안 돌아보고 출국 게이트로 향한다. 한편 혼자 남은 탄은 허전한 듯 쓸쓸한 모습인데...

translation:

Holding a disinterested gaze, Tan catches a glimpse of a familiar back - when he realizes its ES his heart stops. Forgetting that he was embraced by RH, he calls ES angrily; but ES doesn't turn around and just heads to the departure gate. Left alone, Tan feels empty and lonely..

Guest sunset88

Episode 3 was IMO much much better than the first two. The pace was well done and it felt like things were moving along. Not enough Young-do for me though lol and too much Rachel. The main couple were insync with eachother it was a pleasure to watch. They do have fantastic chemistry. Some gestures they do even seem similar. They have that long lost soulmate vibe to them. It's not racy, it isn't passionate, it isn't hot but it's soulful and deep just like his gazes. Since this is a story of first love it is how it should be I think. It's a bit confusing, it's a bit scary, it's a bit of circling around one another afraid to make the first jump, and it's pure and lovely. So PSH and LMH are portraying this beautifully. Kudos to them. I was laughing at alot of their scenes. Very cute stuff we go today. She is very much the mature one in the relationship though lol His games to keep her next to him as long as possible were so child like. Precious Kim Tan lol And they are doing the reverse of male/female stuff which is funny in and of itself. She is the one who wrist grabbed first, she is the one who tries to push the car off the road, and then she is the one who takes the sofa. Had me giggling. Also her "haven't you seen my hands shaking this whole time" comment while he asked if she drank was so funny. As well as her teasing him about well essentially liking his brother "that way" lol (hate to say it again but this kind of dry witty humor is what makes me exicted for the Young-do and Eun Sung scenes) My two favorite scenes were definitely the diner and their walk along the road. PSH is definitely knocking her scenes out of the park. She can do humor too and display a varying set of emotions. I'm impressed. She stepped up her game IMO. 

As for her ignoring his confession (which I knew would happen) I understand it. She is a realist. She had one hope in life and that was her sister and that dream was crashed and burned with her sisters lies. She doesn't hope because she knows she'll be hurt from doing so. So she doesn't expect much, she doesn't reach for more. Like she told him "stop making promises you might not keep". She is grounded and I like that. Jealous Kim Tan was cute lol And I still say her bestie is the best fit for her. I want my own Chan Young lol He is just the perfect guy. So generous and sweet and lovable. That awkward pancake sit down was great because things came to light. Now ES knows that KT used to date BoNa and that he knows that ESs' best friend is dating his ex lol  Poor girl. lol She is going to be so confused and so deep in drama when school starts lol But for us.. let the fun begin :) So all in all it was a good episode and i do hope the ratings pick up. 
Edit: By the way the whole "midsummers night dream"  anyone else getting Grease vibes? lol They met in the summer, had a connection, bonded, feelings developed and then thinking they wont see eachother again they meet up in school. lol  And when she kept saying it was dream she was going to wake up from soon and she'd forget it all was so somber. I really felt for the girl. Also leaving that note for him. *sigh* 

Guest jjsweeter0211

[HanCinema's Film Review] "The Heirs" Episode 3

2013/10/16 | 

photo361163.jpg

Ah, the American road trip. A long, boring drive into the middle of nowhere that quickly loses its novelty. Meeting up with people who probably don't actually want to see you. That empty feeling inside realizing an entire day was wasted on a pointless sentimental gesture. Vast open space of poorly maintained roads, easy accidents, and no cell phone reception to call for help. Truly a feature of the culture worth idolizing.

I have no idea how much of the metaphors "The Heirs" is using are intentional, but I'm just plain astonished at how striking they are. This entire episode is a wake-up call to Kim Tan that he is not, in fact, as cool as he thinks he is. There's all sorts of crummy stuff in his life that the surf and turf in Los Angeles can't make up for. Eun-Sang's diffident attitude to him is increasingly understandable and basically justified- I really like how she's her own person with her own state of mind, and who on a basic level simply doesn't trust this Kim Tan who she's only really just met. It defies romantic conventions, sure- but it's an attitude that rings very true to the kind of person she is.

There's also interesting sympathy developed for Kim Tan's fiance, Rachel Yoo (played by Kim Ji-won-I). She's a basically mean person who's immediately scoped out who Eun-Sang is and what she represents, and absolutely does not like the situation at all. Last episode Rachel Yoo just seemed catty- but this episode, in its more ambivalent context, makes her surprisingly sympathetic. Her aggressive-aggressive behavior is almost admirable in the face of the passive-aggressiveness we've seen up until that point.

Basic aggression seems to be the main character traits all the individual heirs have in common. It manifests in different ways, but all of them are raised in and expected to survive in a cutthroat environment.  The dimension it adds to the characters are interesting, and only adds to the sweetness when we see one engaged in a rare moment of actual friendliness instead of calculated realpolitik.

This is a very strong episode overall, but there's one complaint I really need to finish with before the drama leaves Los Angeles. The foreign actors are bad. They're not terrible bad, and the first two episodes did a good job limiting the use to which good acting was really necessary, but in this one its inescapable. Fortunately these cringe-worthy scenes don't last very long, so that's something.

Review by William Schwartz

In case, you're curious about the place where KT, supposedly, met KW:
http://www.californiadaytrips.com/harmony-california.html

And, it is ironic that Eun Sang brought the dream-catcher from Korea back to America, where it originated.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcatcher  :))

BTW, this drama has a great ost.  And, the way music is used in the scenes is brilliant. =D>