[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Guest jjsweeter0211

TnMS rating 
Nationwide 10.9% (-0.3)Seoul 13.9% (+0.5)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Heirs/Episode_Ratings

Woo Bin at  " Friends 2" press conference today~I like this hairstyle ~ :x
907a3e02754f63a68301e0d7a3cb5bcc.jpg
201310171133772378_525f4e84c7bdb.jpgb4f03cc15f8a737e2421544e9ca6709e.jpg
viewimage.php?id=26aad22feb&no=29bcc427b

adamfever said: Does anyone have the chart of characters including their screen names and their real names? Please post it, thank you. I find Korean names challenging. I can't remember and so it's hard for me to follow your discussions...

Off to watch ep3

@raky

Won's mother died and she was CEO Kim's first wife which is why Ji Sook aka Second Wife said she raised him for ten years. CEO Kim only married Ji Sook for business then it was a harder blow when she couldn't have kids and she found out her husband had a mistress who had gotten pregnant(She says he was flaunting his affair around). As a form of revenge and to keep a good image she brought in Han Ki Ae and Tan then registered Tan under her name. Technically Tan shouldn't be an heir to the company because of his lineage aka his mother being a mistress, but due to Ji Sook adopting him that made him eligible. I think Won's issue is that he's angry how his dad is and maybe the fact that Ji Sook didn't raise him with love, even she admitted it. I had mentioned before that this drama has many historical elements to it. CEO Kim having an affair is equivalent to a king having a concubine right under the Queen's nose then having a child. Sometimes the king would love his concubine more than his actual wife and this is how CEO Kim is, he loves Ki Ae and not Ji Sook. The queen would sometimes raise the concubine's child as if he were hers which would make him eligible for the throne and this would anger the true heir, the one that was conceived from the marriage. The fact that Tan was born from a mistress and Won wasn't, but still is an heir is another reason why he's angry and exiled Tan. He probably felt that his dad loved Tan more than him and would give him the company instead despite him being older. 

@laquetahodge. Thanks for clearing up my assumptions aka me misunderstanding the whole birth confusion..

:D

Guest sandralopez

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/10/heirs-episode-3/#comment-1081970heirs3-00177a.jpg

The show is settling into its groove, and not just because we’re packing up to head back to Korea soon. (Soon!) I’m actually warming up to how the California setting is being integrated into the story, now that we’ve put the horridness of the Cali stereotypes behind us. (The less we speak of those, the better.)

There’s an interesting effect that comes from shooting a quintessentially Korean romance drama in a place that’s both so iconic and so NOT the norm for quintessentially Korean romance dramas—it’s weird, but in a good way. It feels fish-out-of-water-like for us too, giving us a taste of what the characters feel, being out of sync and not quite there, there. And you know, I do think that’s quite the point.

cr: dramabeans

i cant wait, 9 hours more. and finally all they in korea.

Guest sullifish

ahh..the rating still same as ep 3..why it didnt go up??very dissapointed..ep 4 tonite gonna interesting...why??? they back to seoul and and they live in the same housewhat u think chingu??

@Maja, how come you are not sharing your views on the drama? You too @shenny?

@prosperity I've got too many feelings involved but so little time on my hands. Two exams this Friday to study for, and I'm literally dying while trying to focus my mind on studying. Heirs is killing me, I can't focus with Kim Tan and KT+ES; my grades are suffering as of now :((

So in plain, simple words, heirs is "pure addiction!"

Back to studying now. :/

Isn't Kim Won a little harsh? Man, he just came to see your face not to ask to be co-CEO. He just a kid. Relax! LOL I mean if Tan loves him so much, he couldn't have always been mean to him like that. I totally melted when he said that his hyung was the person he liked the most in the world. Even Rachel knows how much Tan loves him when she said he would be jealous of her knowing Won brought her to see his mom's grave.

LOL ARachel's mom calling CY's dad "oppa"

Was I the only one who said "awkward" during that pancake meeting? Lol

Guest sandralopez

sullifish

said: ahh..the rating still same as ep 3..why it didnt go up??very dissapointed..ep 4 tonite gonna interesting...why??? they back to seoul and and they live in the same housewhat u think chingu??

Brief comment. I'm liking heirs a lot...it's a tiny bit slow in terms of story development, but pretty quick as in creating “the feeling”. I wouldn’t have thought of pairing this OTP, I couldn’t quite picture them together, so I’m very surprised (in an extremely good way) about their chem. They both look “natural” and comfortable and I find that very refreshing. Still, I’m craving for a little more action. I’m not particularly a fan of angst, but I would def like to see all of the guys interacting and where each of them is placed on the board.

Can someone tell me a bit about their connections? Is it gonna be a love square? As in KT, ES, YD & R?  There’s a couple I already root for and it’s CY & Lee Bo Na. Cute excess!  

Guest sullifish

kkte1 said:

sullifish

said: ahh..the rating still same as ep 3..why it didnt go up??very dissapointed..ep 4 tonite gonna interesting...why??? they back to seoul and and they live in the same housewhat u think chingu??

Guest prosperity

@laquetahodge, well I have my bias too, but I am not only enjoying KT, I am enjoying almost all the characters actually. The more I find out about them the more interesting they become. My favorite female is Rachel, but everyone hates her lol, I don't have a least favorite, might be Bo Na. My favorite male character is Kim Tan/Chan Young and least favorite is Young Do (sorry I know he is your bias, but I see very little dimension to this character, and I like my bad azzes to be more of the rebel type and less of a bully). However even though I am not too keen on his looks, I think Kim Woo Bin, is hot in his own way, and I totally get his appeal.
If I am to be honest, I would say that the first episode was the worse way to start off this drama. There was nothing captivating about the first episode, and I had and still have my doubts, but they are slowly going away, after watching episodes 2 and 3. I think the main problem with this drama is the director. I don't like his camera work. Sometimes I feel like we should get a close up shot but he gives us a distance shot and vice versa, the scene transitions etc. I don't know if people understand how important a director is in making sure the story gets across to the audience the way the writer intended. I am not sold that the director is doing this in this drama. An example of this is in episode 2. When Young Do got finished with his work at the hotel and went to his room, and took of his jacket, I felt like I was watching a totally different show. I felt like I was watching a gangster movie, it felt like a missing scene from Friends 2 and not a high school show. I don't think this is the actor's fault, but I feel like this is more so the fault of the director.
Episode 2 and 3 have upped the pacing of the drama and left me feeling optimistic. I am most interested in the Kim brothers' relationship and basically everything going on in the Kim household (now with Eun Sang and her mom moving in, that covers all the bases for me, since this includes her too). I want to know more about Secretary Yoon and his connection with Rachel's mom. I enjoy Chan Young and Bo Na's interaction, but I am not sure how much more storyline their relationship will get. As of now, outside of being cute, they don't really have my attention. I also want to know more about Rachel, and where her story goes, because she has managed to make me care about her character.
What about you? You haven't said much about it.
Alot of people are being unusually quiet, why is @sia3 so quiet?

Guest Coralie Richard

Love LHM so far,for me PSH is a good actress, but the role she has here is a bit bland.I hope the writer will kick up this aspect!!!

@prosperity
I am here... been spending the last couple hours doing nothing but this: Clicked. Save. :))
Too many goodies and Woo Guns to collect! *exhausted*
P.S. Am I that chatty? =))

I had to watch episode 3 with subs first before I come in here to play. I don't like to spoiler myself because I like to "feel" the feels when I watch my drama and episode 3 is important. Glad I didn't live stream it either because the scene of Tanny staring *deep* into Eun Sang is just swoon-worthy enough. Lee Min Ho is definitely putting his eyes into full on talking mode in this episode. Love it!

I also love what @icesiren has pointed out. Hello @icesiren, so happy to see you again >:D<
The slightly cold Tan we see when he speaks to Chan Young. I did noticed that spur of a moment of another Kim Tan when he brushes ES's hand away in episode 2.

@azzurri
Yes, Lee Min Ho has once again reunite the Faithlings. It's soooo good to see @flo_oni again too. Quick, a big daejang hug for you >:D<

A BIG THANK YOU to @jjsweeter0211, @briseis and everyone else who has been posting all the goodies. >:D<
My HDD is happy & looking like this right now:

tumblr_mu2xto2tTn1si76y9o3_250.png
=)) =)) =))