Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sunshine4ever

[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

@coolrebornI second that. A lot of suits and no perm hair please :D
@aemiI read few articles some time ago about this current problem in Korea. A lot of young talented male actors, but there are hardly any young actresses who can match them, that's why they cast so many noona/dongsaeng couple these days.
It's kind of pity... Korean actresses are mostly very pretty, but their acting is just... I don't know... like they're afraid to give it all. On the other hand male actors aren't afraid to bare their souls, so it's more enjoyable to watch them. In the end only male actors are in the spotlight because they usually totally outshine their leading ladies. 
I'm extra anxious about Joo Won's next leading lady because he's listed as one top actor, so basically his leading lady should work really really really hard.
I hope one day I will see Joo Won and Moon Geun Young acting together... man...that would be so freaking intense.... do you still remember her character from Cinderella's sister? I still have goosebumps whenever I think of her character. If those two ever appear together in melodrama they would make the whole nation cry alongside with them :D 

OMOOOOO!!! I'M SOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!! AND THE PICS ARE ALREADY OUT!! OOOO.MMMM.GGGG!!! tumblr_m3btk34zeQ1qk9bsao3_250.gif
Totally waiting for Jan 2013 now \m/

Guest aemi

@ aisling - I had an inkling that the noona-dongsaeng couples were mostly due to logistical problems (and I wonder if the increasing occurrence of noona dramas was basically playing off the scarcity of talented young actresses). Some casting choices these days seem so unorthodox, such as 36 year old Park Sun Young playing a couple with 21(!) year old Park Yoo Hwan. Some of these couples do work somehow, though, such as Ha Ji Won and Lee Seung Gi. I always thought Seung Gi looked older than his age so he matched well with Ha Ji Won and had a manly aura about him. Many, though, just look... awkward.

Ah well, age is but a number! I hope we get a talented female lead for Joo Won to play off of.

by the way howoldis he if he is in his 20's  i would vote for kim so eun, IU, sandara park(for her first tv series)

If this new drama is really going to be aired alongside Iris 2, I think they will hav to select an experienced actress instead of one without or has little acting skills. Or else the burden on our cutie will be even bigger compared to when he plays Kangto.

-edit-

I jus checked. Iris 2 cast include Jang Hyuk & Lee Da-hae as the male & female leads as well as Kim Seung-woo and Kim Min-jung. These 4 are established actors and actress in the korean entertainment industry. All the more they have to pick the right/most suitable actress to match our cutie.

Guest aemi

I remember reading somewhere that IU is considering 2 dramas before the year's end. I think it would be the casting coup of the year TBH if she starred in this drama. Not necessarily because she's the best actress (too early to tell) but because it would be so unexpected.

As for Yoon Eun Hye, she's likely on board Yoochun's new drama. And Kim Tae Hee is reportedly considering another drama called Jang Ok Jeong Lives in Love so she's probably out. The suspense is killing me ;-)

I don't think IU will be cast as the leading lady in this drama or at least I hope she won't be. She doesn't really scream badas.s to me.  :-/
To add to the female lead predictions, I guess I wouldn't mind Shin Se Kyung or maybe even Park Shin Hye (only because I want to see her in another drama).

pisangcoklat said: I would like to see someone in the same age range as Joo Won as the leading lady. And I really don't want to see any idols attach to this drama I do hope so, because his Gaksital was a solid in terms of casting. 

Even Yahoo Philippines had an article about this upcoming Joo Won Kdrama

class="headline"Joo Won to cast in 'Secret Battle of Man and Woman'STAR N NewsBy Kang Hye-In | STAR N News – Fri, Sep 28, 2012 8:40 AM PHT

RELATED CONTENT

• [*]
Joo Won to cast in 'Secret Battle of Man and Woman'

Joo Won to cast in 'Secret Battle of Man and Woman'

Joo Won decided to cast in 'Secret Battle of Man and Woman'.

On 28th, his agency announced, "Joo Won will be casting in MBC drama 'Secret Battle of Man and Woman' as the male main character 'Gil Lo'."

'Secret Battle of Man and Woman' is a drama about the romance of two secret agents, who are both professional in tricking others.

It will also show love, friendship, and conflicts that rookie agents of Korean CIA go through.

Joo Won's character, Gil Lo is a passionate person who lived his life just to become a secret agent after watching 007 movies.

He was brought up in a wealthy family, and he is always gentle and placid. He is a handsome looking guy, but as he enters the Korean CIA, he encounters a lot of troubles that are hard to overcome.

Thus, Joo Won will be casting as a quite unique character that was unseen in other movies or dramas.

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/joo-won-to-cast-in-secret-battle-of-004013425.html

from Yahoo OMG Philippines

I wonder if they're going to make fun of Joo Won and Seung Woo on 1N2D since their dramas will be aired at the same time.

I really hope they won't cast any idols as well. Not as main characters...

@coolreborn the cartoon picture was Tae Hee arguing with Ja Eun about her speaking to him in banmal hahaha he want her to speak in formal language lollll

Just want share my thoughts. Just now I googled to find out more abt Park Yuchun's new drama "I Miss You" as someone mentioned tat Yoon Eun-hye is a likely candidate for its female lead (I really would like to see YEH to pair with our cutie in his new project). When i went into a forum on the drama IMY, i was surprised to see tat there is a significant num of their fans do not support the idea of them acting tog. Quite a lot of nasty comments posted there. I hope tat we will never ever hav similar situations here in our soompi threads. Lets have peace here and strive to maintain a harmonious ambience. Objective criticisms/suggestions are ok but we must never make any offensive "attack" against anyone.

Wow, i love his new drama, great choice! My sweet Angel will be a secret agent (again a double life), and this noona is so happy! *___*

The drama reminds me True Lies, the US movie, not only the korean one. Joo Won, i will follow you forever! ^___^

*hug all her Soompi friends from Italy*  :x

ctfrsgp said: Just want share my thoughts. Just now I googled to find out more abt Park Yuchun's new drama "I Miss You" as someone mentioned tat Yoon Eun-hye is a likely candidate for its female lead (I really would like to see YEH to pair with our cutie in his new project). When i went into a forum on the drama IMY, i was surprised to see tat there is a significant num of their fans do not support the idea of them acting tog. Quite a lot of nasty comments posted there. I hope tat we will never ever hav similar situations here in our soompi threads. Lets have peace here and strive to maintain a harmonious ambience. Objective criticisms/suggestions are ok but we must never make any offensive "attack" against anyone.

@ctfrsgp

I totally agree with you. Not everybody is going to be satisfied with his leading lady, but we shouldn't attack her. Let's support this project as the whole.

Btw I just realized except for Baker King all Joo Won's roles were cop related :-D

Ojakgyo brothers - detective

Bridal mask - cop/superhero

Don't click - cyber crimes unit

SIU - criminal profiler

Secret lovers - secret agent

:-D

Very glad to hear news about JW’s upcoming drama!!

I don’t know too many Korean actresses, but somehow names of Sung Yuri and Han Hyo Joo flashed through my mind.  Anyway, I am happy whoever is going to partner with Joo Won as I will be watching the drama because of him.  Looks like he will be competing with some other big productions like IRIS 2, and “That winter, the wind blows” with the cast of Cho In Sung and Song Hye Gyo  but not sure when exactly “That Winter….” will be aired.

JW, please rest well to get ready for the busy filming schedule.  Fighting !!

Finally I arrive in this thread on this beautiful weekend. Next year seems a bit long way to go, but I'll wait! :)>-