Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunshine4ever

[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

@coolreborn @mrdimples Tatz why it is a crucial decision for MBC/the production company to cast the RIGHT female lead. Itz a definite NO-NO to choose one who is young without or has little actg exp. Really really praying tat cutie's new drama will be a success. Even if they hav to cast an actress who is much older than him.

ctfrsgp said: @coolreborn @mrdimples Tatz why it is a crucial decision for MBC/the production company to cast the RIGHT female lead. Itz a definite NO-NO to choose one who is young without or has little actg exp. Really really praying tat cutie's new drama will be a success. Even if they hav to cast an actress who is much older than him.

alysanne said:

ctfrsgp said:

@coolreborn @mrdimples Tatz why it is a crucial decision for MBC/the production company to cast the RIGHT female lead. Itz a definite NO-NO to choose one who is young without or has little actg exp. Really really praying tat cutie's new drama will be a success. Even if they hav to cast an actress who is much older than him.

Yeah, I think the actress' experience will be a big factor, but also the chemistry with Joo Won. It'll be easy enough to age-match the characters.  Case in point: People thought the Lee Seung-gi / Ha Ji-won tandem wouldn't work because of the age difference, but it wasn't noticeable when they were in character anymore and the chemistry was awesome.  Joo Won is pretty good at sort of camouflaging his age and making sure that his acting and appearance matches his character's age, and he can adapt well enough to his onscreen partners.  :)I agree with this comment. With most K actresses, it's easy enough to believe that they are stated age for their character. LSG and HJW were both listed as 30 and they both looked the part so I found it easy enough to suspend disbelief and go along with the ride.

For tis particular drama to be successful, it MUST be a match of acting skills & on-screen chemistry rather than AGE. Therez really very few young actresses in cutie's age group who can act.

@ctfrsgp: You're right about actresses in his age group. I wonder why. LOL

@alysanna maybe they r too busy making themselves look prettier than each other, than spend time improving their acting skills :D

Guys what's all this Jo In Sung vs. Joo Won? I like them both and they're both my favorite actors. Hic hic. Anyway, I guess I have to face it if both Secret Lovers and That Winter, The Wind Blows are airing at the same time. :D But the drama didn't even start yet why worry? I would not want to see another actress who acted  similar role to be casted again.

@ctfrsgp: LOL. I remember some news a few months ago that casting directors are also having a hard time looking for really good ACTORS from JW's age range (someone at par with people like JW or Kim Soo-hyun) because a good number of them are in the army.  

@ctfrsgp: LOL. I remember some news a few months ago that casting directors are also having a hard time looking for really good ACTORS from JW's age range (someone at par with people like JW or Kim Soo-hyun) because a good number of them are in the army.  

@alysanne hee... Tatz good news for our cutie isnt it? \:D/

@ctfrsgp: Of course! ;)  I think that's why both JW and KSH are really in demand right now. 

As @mrdimples said Joo Won is obviously KBS's golden boy. He debuted only 2 years ago and they cast him as a lead in their most grand drama of the year? He debuted only 2 years ago and he already became a permanent member of a national variety show? I'd say that's pretty rare to see. Some people don't appear on variety shows even after 5-6 years after their debut.
I wonder how KBS feel about letting him go to MBC. Obviously, they won't talk about it on 1N2D... like when he was shooting Gaksital they always teased him with "Gaksital will never forgive you" :D :D 
Cutie said he always discussed his casting offers with his agency thoroughly and Sim Entertainment is considered to be one of the best agencies for actors.So let's wait and see. At least I'm sure he's going to enjoy himself playing a dorky secret agent :D I want to see a lot aegyo!!!

@mrdimples, I agree with aisling. I don't think his agency would make a move for Joo Won career wise and burn bridges. Anyway Joo Won was casted for Lee Hwon in MBC's The Moon That Embraces the Sun [luckily he didn't do it in the end] so this "move" over to MBC won't come as a surprise to KBS. If Joo Won wants to act for a long long time, I'm pretty sure he's wise enough to push aside a good script rather than burn bridges now. Good scripts are hard to come by but will always be present but it's not that easy surviving in this industry. 

@mojoboboWait.... Lee Hwon? I thought he was offered the role of Yang Myung (Jung Il Woo)?Thank god he didn't take that role! Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to see him in Gaksital.

@aisling @mrdimples @mojobobo @aemi @alysanne I hav jus read tat YEH has declined the role in I Miss You. Not sure how accurate news is but it ignites a little flame of hope in me :D :\"> BTW, YEH will turn 29 tomorrow. Tat makes her jus 3 yrs older than cutie. Not too big a gap.

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/10/01/i-miss-you-still-looking-for-leading-lady-as-yoon-eun-hye-reportedly-declines/

@ctfrsgp: Hrmmm. Okay, if she gets considered and cast for this series, it's gonna be verryyyyyy interesting, to be sure.  At least she does have the talent and experience we need for JW's leading lady.

sunshine4ever said: Guys what's all this Jo In Sung vs. Joo Won? I like them both and they're both my favorite actors. Hic hic. Anyway, I guess I have to face it if both Secret Lovers and That Winter, The Wind Blows are airing at the same time. :D But the drama didn't even start yet why worry? I would not want to see another actress who acted  similar role to be casted again.

@ctfrsgp: Hrmmm. Okay' date=' if she gets considered and cast for this series, it's gonna be verryyyyyy interesting, to be sure.  At least she does have the talent and experience we need for JW's leading lady.[/quote']

@alysanne She's my 1st choice. Letz pray very hard ^:)^

@aisling, yes Joo Won was actually casted as Lee Hwon but then because the MBC people thought of him as a KBS boy, they relegated him to Yang Myun but then Ojakgyo got extended so Joo Won had to leave that and then we got Gaksital [best career move ever. Someone up there is watching over this guy!!] 
I think @mrdimples or @sunshine4ever or @lyra_brillantez has the youtube link of that news. 

mojobobo

said: @aisling, yes Joo Won was actually casted as Lee Hwon but then because the MBC people thought of him as a KBS boy, they relegated him to Yang Myun but then Ojakgyo got extended so Joo Won had to leave that and then we got Gaksital [best career move ever. Someone up there is watching over this guy!!] 

I think @mrdimples or @sunshine4ever or @lyra_brillantez has the youtube link of that news. 

oh this one :)