Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

So happy :) .. Hopefully we will get a confirmation for our Angel.. Seems like the opening ceremony of the drama "Legendary tycoon"  already happened on 18th.. I.e yesterday.. Koo and the main actor did not join yet.. The rest of casts attended.. The main actor s doing a Chinese sageuk currently(braveness of the ming) .. I also wonder what kind of drama this will be. Saw a pic of the other girl wearing hanbok/historical outfit. If our Koo confirms it,  With 3 leading ladies, I also want our Koo to do well and gain good recognition and also have good screenspace.. Dont want her to experience the same things which happened during blood.. I would also like if Koo dub it herself in Chinese as I dint like the Dubbing voice for her during absolute boyfriend.. Fingers crossed.. Good luck for our Angel :) 

Edited by gayu312
  • Like 14

Thanks for the news fellas!

I'm happy for our girl! I hope Chinese fans appreciates her acting prowess! She has a lot of fans there too. It's about time to have audience that appreciates your hardwork. In SK most she gets are hateful comments, our poor girl must be tired of reading/hearing it. :) @jadecloud yohoo sis! We might need your Chinese expertise when the drama starts! :D

Hello Sunnies! Hey @myonenonly sista :) Thanks for the shoutout. If not for you, I would not have known GHS has taken on this new project. No expertise, just a regular fan's passion...hehe.

This drama will be one of substance and quality, and I believe will be of a grander than grand scale since it is about the life of the very man/tycoon who founded 'Hollywood Of The East', and who is termed as The King Of (Asia/The East) Entertainment. 

Chinese actor Zhang Han (Hans) will portray tycoon Shaw and the 3 beauties in his life will be portrayed by korean actress uri princess Goo Hye Sun (Fighting!), chinese actress Song Yi and chinese actress Guo Zi Qian. Go HERE for more pics.

The blessing ceremony for the filming commencement (today):

rr5p2tp.jpg

CR: As tagged

Looks like GHS and ZH haven't joined the team yet. Filming will be done by Hengdian World Studios in Hengdian, Zhejiang Province, which is located in the eastern coastal area of China. 

Sir Run Run Shaw, GBM, CBE, also known as Shao Yi Fu and Siu Yat Fu, was a Hong Kong entertainment mogul and philanthropist. He was one of the most influential figures in the Asian entertainment industry. (CR:wiki)

ZEadiAl.jpg

The late Sir Run Run Shaw left this world on 1-7-2014, at 107 yo.The cdrama, titled 'The Legendary Tycoon 传奇大亨', has begun filming today. YAY! Goo Hye Sun Fighting!!!

Btw, I've created a thread over HERE. Come join in, share your insights, updates, etc or just check this drama out and support GHS as it airs.:P

Sunnies, see you in the drama thread :) 

• Like 20

@jadecloud sis so are u confirming that hyesun is the lead actress? Omg couldn't be happier.. Yippee!! 

Waiting for more news on this..

Still too early to tell, but she'll definitely be one of the main 4 leads. All that is known now is that GHS will be one of the 3 beauties in the tycoon's life. But it is certain that Zhang Han is the main male lead who will after all be portraying the late Sir Shaw himself, and it is certain that the drama will be produced in a high end, upscale cinematography to showcase the best of that era. We can expect to see outlandish fashion and styling of that era. Frankly, I'm pretty excited!:blink:

• Like 17

@jadecloud sis so are u confirming that hyesun is the lead actress? Omg couldn't be happier.. Yippee!! 

Waiting for more news on this..

Still too early to tell, but she'll definitely be one of the main 4 leads. All that is known now is that GHS will be one of the 3 beauties in the tycoon's life. But it is certain that Zhang Han is the main male lead who will after all be portraying the late Sir Shaw himself, and it is certain that the drama will be produced in a high end, upscale cinematography to showcase the best of that era. We can expect to see outlandish fashion and styling of that era. Frankly, I'm pretty excited!:blink:

Thank u so much for this positive news.. thank u thank you.. Praying for a confirmation soon so that we can see our hyesunnie again.I checked out Zhang han he is quite a hottie ;) thanks again sis muahh.. :-*

• Like 12

Its confirmed now...... I can say that is really confirmed even though she was not there in that event even the lead actror was not there too. I will wait the official announcement with the whole detail of that drama. I am so happy that our Goo Hye Sun is now active doing dramas. Anyways, this year 2015, she was been busy doing some events every single month from her drama blood, then breath 2, Olympic event of the special gifted people. Then she was been so visible in our eyes and gave us so much inspiration that showing she is fine and very active in this industry.

The only thing I am longing to hear from her is, She is fine and happy for her love life. I can still wait for sure she is still waiting the MR. RIGHT. If that is Daniel Choi wow as in wow. I like him for Goo Hye Sun. Fighting our goo hye sun is now on the go and very much ready on her up coming drama... We are very much happy and can't wait to see and watch that drama. One more movie to goo hye sun, too

• Like 7

Hello Sunnies, there is still no confirmation from YGEnt.

While waiting ... Please don't forget to Vote Daily for our angel princess. thanks.

600full-koo-hye-sun.jpg

Cr YGEnt

~EDIT~Sorry I fogot to insert the link for our easy voting

DAILY > 1x / day

http://kpopdrama.info/kstar_en.html

http://votingstation.net/index.php?lang=en&region=&country=KR&gender=&occupation=ac&tag=&page=1

http://shranking.com/ranking/?code=worldcup2_women

DAILY > 5x in a row / day

http://shranking.com/ranking/?code=vote1

http://shranking.com/ranking/?code=vote8

http://shranking.com/ranking/?code=vote12

http://shranking.com/ranking/?code=vote25

Happy Voting Sunnies and have a nice day. Fighting! :)

Edited by sukreen
  • Like 10

So happy :) .. Hopefully we will get a confirmation for our Angel.. Seems like the opening ceremony of the drama "Legendary tycoon"  already happened on 18th.. I.e yesterday.. Koo and the main actor did not join yet.. The rest of casts attended.. The main actor s doing a Chinese sageuk currently(braveness of the ming) .. I also wonder what kind of drama this will be. Saw a pic of the other girl wearing hanbok/historical outfit. If our Koo confirms it,  With 3 leading ladies, I also want our Koo to do well and gain good recognition and also have good screenspace.. Dont want her to experience the same things which happened during blood.. I would also like if Koo dub it herself in Chinese as I dint like the Dubbing voice for her during absolute boyfriend.. Fingers crossed.. Good luck for our Angel :)

Regarding voicedubs in Mainland China dramas. This is my understanding of their 'norms' and practice:

For major dramas, it is common for the local cast even, to get voicedubbed in post-poduction. The voice actor doing the dubbing can be the original actor himself/herself especially if it is a bigger name star. Sometimes, actors might not neccessarily follow every.single.word of the script and in post-production, director/producer feels that a particular word or line is better tweaked to reflect the script/tone they want hence the per dialogue line voicedubs instead of a full scene reshoot of the scene.

And sometimes, the voice actor doing the voicedub can actually be someone else who is by profession, a professional voice actor. In these cases, it is usually for the entire drama. Reasoning for this is, in China there are still plenty of different accents for the Chinese language. And perhaps for creative/artistic reasons, the actor is a right match but just the Chinese needs to get voicedubbed over (even if he/she is actually Chinese speaking):P It really can happen occasionally. This is all my personal understanding though, disclaimer, it might not neccessarily be a 100% accurate reflection of their 'norms' and practice.

Just like the "colourist" role in movie post-production, whose job is to 'match' the colour tones of different portions of the movie from each Unit director's shoots for standardisation. Differences in colour saturation and such can actually be jarring and takes a viewer out of the intended mood. Use this same idea for voice intonations and the 'need' of voicedubs.

That said, voicedubs almost always happen for Taiwanese actors going to Mainland China to do dramas :P Instead of for creative/artisitic reasons, Taiwanese actors get voicedubbed over for socio-political reasons. Yea, they are all speaking "Chinese" but yunno... China.. Taiwan..yaaaaah... -snipe- re: China-Taiwan relations on wiki if you wanna know more. Here is not the place to talk about their political climate heh.

Regarding if Hye Sun gets voicedubbed. If she is playing a Chinese role, its almost definitely 101% gonna get voicedubbed in Chinese. Hopefully the voice actor will sound like someone you can like compared to Absolute's :) I doubt anyone, not just our Hye Sun, can master whichever specific Chinese accent needed, speak in Chinese for entire drama and get a restounding Pass in such a short time to not get voicedubbed over in the drama :P The drama production people are quite demanding and rigid in this aspect to ensure really high production values for major dramas.

Now, as this is a life story drama of Run Run Shaw, with the other 3 main leads being females, could the drama
be also having a significant focus on his relationships (romance? keke) in life? Could it be possible that in the real life of RRS, he had met a Korean lady and perhaps shared some sweet memories before? Hence the casting for an actual Korean actress to play that role? Does anyone here know anything of Run Run Shaw in that aspect? Haha :P Because if this is the case, Hye Sun might actually get to speak in Korean for the drama, right?! -thoughts running wild-

I am looking forward to this drama. Thank you @‌ZamZam for sharing this news. It was unexpected but pleasant to know that Hye Sun is going to be in a Mainland China major production and a drama about Run Run Shaw!  

@imelda66 "Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out." Wise words. Exactly what made me so angry previously. Online commenters often forget to think and just shoot off with their holes. But I have calmed down... and now I enjoy reading knetizens and nbnetizens and etc etc's hateful posts and laugh at it or sometimes, with it :sweatingbullets: I think being able to accept criticism of our fave gal is an alright trait to have.

Cheers and have a good day Sunnies!

Wherever she goes, we'll go all with her, but losing the sound of Goo Hye Sun's actual voice is an incalculable deduction. :blink::huh::( Not enough to put me off watching the drama, but a real loss because the sound of her voice is very much a part of her overall appeal.:mellow:

Nevertheless, I hope that she takes this role, is well-paid for it, and grows extended legions of fans in China and elswhere...:):):D

• Like 11

Thanks for all your updates and news.

GHS Fighting!! Sunnnies Fighting!!

PS:

Thanks Sunnies for liking S_sun's idea to do a birthday campaign for GHS and donate to Korean Leukemia Association (KLS) in her name. I posted a message on DC. Many Korean fans also like the idea. But the problem is that @snowsummer, our trustworthy liaison and organizer of many fan events, is not responding. Her email is also defunct 

S_sun gave me links to KLS and to tweeter for Ahn GhiJong, the founder of KLS. I sent a tweeter to his tweeter: "Hello International fans of GHS would like to donate to your organization. Can you set up paypal account?" But, I feel a bit uncomfortable. Also, maybe I did something wrong because my tweet does not appear on his tweeter...??? 

Do you have any more sure and definite ways of going about this? YG? (they never respond either. If GHS had a manager in YG who can set up the account for us to send donations...?? GHS stopped having a steady manager after BOF.) GHS would be too busy to take care of it? Someone trustworthy in Korea has to accept the funds we send in the name of GHS for KLS. I am so unequipped to handle such a thing that we have to put our heads together and see what we can do. Thanks Sunnies. 

I will leave another post on DC: "Can a Korean Koo fan please contact and verify KLS and ask them to set up an account or paypal to receive donations from overseas? It would be even better if one can communicate in English. Thanks very much." and see what happens. I think it would be best for us to send directly to KLS. right???

Edited by cheerkoo
  • Like 9

@cheerkoo sis, that will be the best. Hopefully an English DC speaking Hye Sun fan will help out in that way. Awaiting your good news :)
(I have an ex-colleague who is Korean, we are still in contact. If really needed, think I can offer him up as a solution. keke. Just that he is permanently residing in my country these days, works here and infact married the wife here, with kids now who are all also studying here. He only returns home for big gatherings infrequently - so timing wise, not sure if he can make the donation package coincide with 9 Nov exactly.)

@robbo4 I agree. If she can speak in Korean for the drama, woot. Otherwise, regardless we will still watch. And her laughter is also part of her charms :) 

Have a good day/night Sunnies~

I do not understand please explain to me

Hi @yyim. Welcome to GHS thread. Is the donation project  you want explanation on?

We would like to do a worldwide donation campaign to The Korea Leukemia Society in GHS' name to celebrate her birthday on Nov 9 as she is the ambassador for that society. This is something close to her heart and we like to show support for GHS and also do charity in this way. 

We can only proceed if we can find a way of getting the money to the KLS. In the past we have joined in projects like food trucks ,organized by Snowsummer at DC-GHS. She is trustworthy and always did an awesome job. Snowsummer had a paypal account which we sent money to. Paypal is an easy and secure way for International fans to send money. We can do Western Union too I guess. That is why we are waiting for her to respond. As of this moment, none so far. If someone trustworthy from DC will step up to lead the project, we welcome it too. 

We are also trying to contact the president of the KLS  directly but as seen in Cheerkoo's post, her tweet did not appear, thus we hope someone in Korea will help contact him. In the past when we did the first donation project, he did not respond to his email. 

Thanks @cheerkoo for your efforts. Please keep trying. :)

@helkel We may have to take you up on the offer if all else fails. Thanks ! :)

Edited by S_sun

Taiwanese GTV "Blood" posters and promo video

Credits to the owners

Enjoy Blood, Taiwan Sunnies! Hope the drama gets many viewers! Will the drama be dubbed?

It sure was an entertaining drama! GHS had once again shown what a versatile actress she is. There is no remnants of her previous characters in Yoo Rita! She had coolly and bravely made YRT her own! Fighting!

Miss her so much! Hope she comeback soon with a good project! For the Chinese drama, we just have to wait for official confirmation from YG. :)

Hello Sunnies,  have a nice day/night.

I hope you don't mind me quoting the voting link on every page here for our easy voting.  :D

CTO

And also don't forget to pray harder for our angel princess too. 

May HS-ssi succeed more in her life now and in the following years ahead.  Amen.,

474245617_378283.gif

CTO

• Like 11

Happy Chuseok/ Autumn Festival to GHS-ssi and all Sunnies celebrating it this weekend! May you all have a good time with your families!  :D

Hope YG will confirm GHS for the Legendary Tycoon soon! Then we get to see her dressed gorgeous, perhaps something like this! Just dreaming! kkk

Koo_Hye_Sun__229.jpg

credit as tagged.

Please  keep voting while we wait for her comeback! Thanks, Sunnies ! Fighting!  :)