[NEW] SM YOUTH STAR AUDITION 2012

Guest sunfire13

Guest strawberrycheerios

@SmilesXi'm bus-ing to NJ cause i'm from new york haha.looks like i'm going to send an app and then practice and see how i feel before i make my decision whether or not to go.
it seems like SM needs extras for a group they are probably in the midst of making, since this audition is so soon after the global one.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Strawberrycheerios: Or, they could be making a new group? I mean EXO-K and EXO-M just a while ago, so I think they're looking for a new group of talented young applicants who has a potential to become big within the company. 
_RaiN_

Guest strawberrycheerios

@_RaiN_  haha yea that's what i meant, like they have a planned new group that they need specific people forno one will ever know what goes on inside SM..unless one of us makes it! lol

Okay, you all may not care but I use tumblr quite often, and about last week some anon said that they're going to have it @ downtown LA @ sheraton hotel, and they really are. i'm just really surprised they knew. o_O
Also! i was on the sm question + ask tumblr site the other girl posted, and apparently that one person said she got a confirmation email the day after she sent her application, and apparently SM wants her to fly to korea to audition. Im kinda think that girl didn't get her confirmation email since why would they want you to fly all the way to korea if they're having auditions in your country.. ugh. sm. why take your precious time -.-"

Guest SmilesX

@strawberrycheerios Everyone is so lucky! They don't have to spend a whole bunch of money to go audition. I guess this will be all worth it so I must put forth my best effort! ^^  I've read that it could possibly be because of that too, making a group project and stuff. I mean they probably used half of their trainees since EXO debuted. However, if that were the case it might be one or two years before we see any new group because EXO would definitely need to establish their selves first. :)
@Emilyy5117 I think maybe some people received their confirmations already depending on their location or being among the first people to send in the application. I just hope we'll receive ours too!

@Emilyy5117: As we've established before, only certain applicants would have received the confirmation letter to the audition location, also, I've concluded (might be wrong) that you get your confirmation letter a few day - weeks before the audition in your location actually starts, so example if your auditioning in Sydney which is scheduled for September 1st Saturday, then you'd get your confirmation letter probably a bit before that time. 
@SmilesX: I really do wish I can attend the Sydney auditions, it's so close to me! But I'm stuck in Melbourne, so I guess the opportunity has to be passed by :/
_RaiN_

Guest SmilesX

@_RaiN_ If you're so close why don't you attend it? Are you not old enough to go by yourself? How old are you btw? :)

Guest Puiey

Wouldn't it make sense for SM to pick more girl trainees? Usually they debut a counterpart to the boy's group like Super Junior and SNSD, DBSK and CSJH, SHINee and f(x), so maybe their current crop of girls aren't to their liking :oWhy no come to Texas? It's all nice and hot :[ I can be a cowgirl O.o New gimmick ftw xD

Guest frozenflora

I decided to go to the Vancouver auditions for fun. Hopefully I can be driven there...It's sad though because none of my friends want to go with me T.TI'll just sit there alone... Does anyone know what you do when you wait?Do you just sit there or do you have time to practice? 
Oh, and anyone know some dance songs that SM have previously used for rhythm test and people auditioning for dancer? I'm not too sure what style of dance to practice for ^^

@SmilesX: I'm 14 turning 15.
@Puiey: Not necessarily, they could debut as many groups as they want, during that period where they debut counterparts is because that was the trend going around, it's just like music, there's the rapping era, the rock era, and now it's predominately the pop era. SM Entertainment is now focusing on a group that's filled with strong dancers and above average singers, so in their music videos, they're professional at dancing and their music is good, so it makes them more popular overall. 
@Frozenflora: SM Entertainment can pick out any song, but I doubt they'll pick some sort of classical music. The most famous music choices are just something very upbeat, so just be sure you're able to freestyle to whatever they throw at you, a good way to practice is just listening to a lot of different music genres and practice freestyling, if you're comfortable freestyling to a lot of different music genres then you're fine for your dance audition.
_RaiN_

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

Okay, you all may not care but I use tumblr quite often, and about last week some anon said that they're going to have it @ downtown LA @ sheraton hotel, and they really are. i'm just really surprised they knew. o_O

Also! i was on the sm question + ask tumblr site the other girl posted, and apparently that one person said she got a confirmation email the day after she sent her application, and apparently SM wants her to fly to korea to audition. Im kinda think that girl didn't get her confirmation email since why would they want you to fly all the way to korea if they're having auditions in your country.. ugh. sm. why take your precious time -.-"

Guest SmilesX

@emilyy5117 That's from tumblr right? I follow that person too. I'm nervous since a few people have been receiving theirs. I've been checking constantly. 
@_RaiN_ You're still so young though! If you don't get to go this year maybe you will next year. :)  At least for my case this might be my last year trying out since I'm already 19 and will be 20 by mid next year. 
I wonder if anyone attending the NJ one has received theirs yet. They might reply whenever it gets closer, but why do I feel like it doesn't matter when/where your audition date/location is.

Guest sunfire13

Apparently, some girl in Shanghai got her confirmation letter, but her friend who sent it in earlier than her didn't. ugh. seriously. what is SM's plan e_e"

Guest minhyukkie

I haven't gotten my letter and I'm from Vancouver.. My friend's in US and she hasn't gotten hers so :/ 

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

how many people do you guys expect to be at the NJ location or vancouver location??cause if there arent many people at a certain area they could let ppl audition one by one...but idkyouth star is a totally new audition so to be honest, we have no idea what the procedures are, and things arent in state with what the global auditions were. this audition might be completely different, for all we know.  

Guest minhyukkie

I know a few people going to Vancouver auditions (myself included)! I'm guessing Vancouver is a good place to go since it's literally where Asians go to when immigrating to Canada or just overseas studies and stuff so.. That's why SM goes there every time they have auditions haha. 

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

yeah i know some asians that live in vancouver too lol :P and yeah they tend to go to the places where asians thrive xD

Guest cougarnoona

Sydney is also Asian central. Heck when you go to the CBD there's more Asians than Caucasians. >_<

Archived