[NEW] SM YOUTH STAR AUDITION 2012

Guest sunfire13

Guest SmilesX

I'm also auditioning!!

:)

I'm attending the one in New Jersey. If I get accepted I guess I'll be going by myself. :/  I'm getting old so I hope I do well. Who is attending the one in New Jersey?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Celestra

I have a really weird question, haha:

I'm not exactly sure if I'll be auditioning or not, but on the application that you fill out at the audition place I hear they ask for your ethnicity.  I'm mostly one ethnicity (Taiwanese/Chinese), but I'm also like 6.25% Indonesian, lol, from my great-great grandma or something.  Should I even bother to put that on my application?  People can't really tell I'm Indonesian anyway, because apparently I just look East Asian.  Would putting Indonesian put me at an advantage/disadvantage of any sort?  I can't speak the language at all by the way, haha, and I know that SM generally is looking for East Asians.

Thanks in advance! :D

EDIT: Oops, should I have posted this in the SM Help Desk thread?  ahh, sorry about that. x__x

Guest sunfire13

@Celestra don't worry about it you can post any question here ;)

I think you should write that you are Taiwanese/Chinese don't go into much detail,they won't look at stuff like that for sure,they will look at your performance and talent :)

Good luck

:)>-

I have a really weird question, haha:

I'm not exactly sure if I'll be auditioning or not, but on the application that you fill out at the audition place I hear they ask for your ethnicity.  I'm mostly one ethnicity (Taiwanese/Chinese), but I'm also like 6.25% Indonesian, lol, from my great-great grandma or something.  Should I even bother to put that on my application?  People can't really tell I'm Indonesian anyway, because apparently I just look East Asian.  Would putting Indonesian put me at an advantage/disadvantage of any sort?  I can't speak the language at all by the way, haha, and I know that SM generally is looking for East Asians.

Thanks in advance!

:D

EDIT: Oops, should I have posted this in the SM Help Desk thread?  ahh, sorry about that. x__x

Guest cougarnoona

I am so excited! I've never done auditions before and I am so nervous (in a good way).  >:D<

Anyone going to the Sydney one?

Also has anyone who has auditioned before encountered someone who did a rap for their audition? Because I'm contemplating between rapping and singing. I'm good at both but I think my personality shows more through rapping ㅋㅋㅋ

Anyways good luck with everyone auditioning. Hwaiting~!
:x

I am so excited! I've never done auditions before and I am so nervous (in a good way).  >

:D

<

Anyone going to the Sydney one?

Also has anyone who has auditioned before encountered someone who did a rap for their audition? Because I'm contemplating between rapping and singing. I'm good at both but I think my personality shows more through rapping ㅋㅋㅋ

Anyways good luck with everyone auditioning. Hwaiting~!

:x

Guest loveutomorrow

Oh dang, I wanted to attend the one in LA, but it's too far, and I had my parents drive me to the vancouver ones last year for JYP (so I feel really guilty already D;)

@ _RaiN_ : Someone in my group last year did a song where she both sang and rap, so I guess you could always do that ! : ))
And as for calculating the percentage of your ethnicity, it all depends on your background -like who's blah and blah, etc.
For example -
Let's say someone had a grandfather who was full Korean and married a full Caucasian person, and had a son. The son would be 50% Caucasian, 50% Korean, and if he married a Korean woman, and together they had a daughter, the daughter would be 25% Caucasian, 75% Korean, you see? (lol I totally made this up, it's not my percentage, just fyi)

Ah, and sorry if I confused you xD If you need further help, I could always help you calculate yours !

Also, does anyone know how SM feels about Korean-Chinese people ?

Guest j o y spill!&;

Yeah I'm a little worried about my ethnicity :( 

In terms of looks, I look asian. I've only had a few people ever tell me I look mixed and they usually just guess I'm japanese. 
@cougarnoona, I'm thinking about doing rap too if asked ^u^. Since I'm applying for dancing but if they ask me to sing I'd probably ask them if I can rap instead LOL

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

I'm also auditioning!!

I'm attending the one in New Jersey. If I get accepted I guess I'll be going by myself. :/  I'm getting old so I hope I do well. Who is attending the one in New Jersey?

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

lol i think you dont need to go into details and specifics about your ethnicity :P like if it were me, i'd just put down what i am, of majority, (i.e Chinese) so the rest wouldnt matter as much :P

Guest ivylovesyou01

Can we audition for this through email or is that only for the USAweekly auditions? Because I live too far from NJ and CA  :( and does it matter if your short because Im not the tallest person (4'11 to be exact) and you hardly see any korean idols under 5'3.
Also if you audition through email can you sing AND dance or can you only do one? Do you need only a voice recording to sing or can you upload a video of you singing? Do you HAVE to be asian in order to become a trainee or will you get accepted anyways if your really good?
Sorry for all the questions, its my first time auditioning for a entertainment company #:-S

Guest sumichan

Hiii!!!
I'm new here~~ But has anyone recieved their confirmation letter yet? ._.
And is there a possibility that they won't let you audition? @~@ ahh im soo worried 

Hi guys :) i have a quick question. I'm going to the audition in LA and i sent my application (the email thing where you give your name, age, photo, etc) a while ago on june 24th, and i still haven't received a reply. Will they not let you audition due to the photo? because they didn't say it has to be professional photo or have an requirements regarding it.
and this is the right email right2012youthusa@smtown.com  ?
is there another application that we have to download? THANKS :D

Guest cougarnoona

@sumichan, @emilyy5117 guys calm down! >_<
from what i know of the global audition they usually send confirmation emails closer to the date. some got them around 2 months after they applied.

@ivylovesyou01 im short too, but whatever! :P there's always heels? but you probs shouldn't wear it for audition. as for your other questions about the email auditioning process go to the SM Town website.

Guest sumichan

@sumichan

, @

emilyy5117

guys calm down! >_<

from what i know of the global audition they usually send confirmation emails closer to the date. some got them around 2 months after they applied.

@

ivylovesyou01 im short too, but whatever! :P there's always heels? but you probs shouldn't wear it for audition. as for your other questions about the email audition

ing process go to the SM Town website.

Guest sumichan

Hi guys

i have a quick question. I'm going to the audition in LA and i sent my application (the email thing where you give your name, age, photo, etc) a while ago on june 24th, and i still haven't received a reply. Will they not let you audition due to the photo? because they didn't say it has to be professional photo or have an requirements regarding it.

and this is the right email right

2012youthusa@smtown.com  ?
is there another application that we have to download? THANKS :D

@sumichan
LOL. i can't dance for the life of me, so I'm contemplating between singing + rapping. My friend who did the global auditions 2 years ago, said they had about 30 seconds to show off their talent. OTL. 
what about you?

Guest sumichan

@emilyy5117WOW, thats amazingg!! I always wanted to rap, but my tongue gets twisted D:< heheh30 sec only? O_o i thought everyone got like 2 minutes... @~@
I'm planning on dancing, cause I cant sing at all hehehe :D
u going to the vancouver audition? :P

@sumichan 
"2 minutes" LOL. theres gonna be like 300 people + at probably each audition, and they'll probably give you longer time if you're like REALLY good from beginning to end. :o at least you can dance, and you're at an advantage for the rhythm test thing. nope I'm going to the LA one :D you?

Archived