[NEW] SM YOUTH STAR AUDITION 2012

Guest sunfire13

Guest sunfire13

Good luck to everyone! I'm also from NJ and I'm going too! But you're all making me feel so old!! I'm '93.....haha 

But from my past experiences (2 auditions) they never had a rhythm test. Did anyone go to Global Auditions and actually HAVE a rhythm test? And I'm thinking of sending in my email later in the month, like mid-July, closer to the date? Or should I send it now?

I've also got a few questions? 

1. Would it be a better idea to write Chinese or Taiwanese for ethnicity? Would they pick one over the other you think?
2. What language would be best? I'm Taiwanese so I know Mandarin, but I can sing well in other languages including Korean (though I don't know the language), so would it be a good idea to sing in Korean?
3. Also, would you recommend a specific style of song? Like do you know if the judges favor the song style? I tried out with Christina Aguilera's I Turn to You last time and I know I did well, the judge even let me finish (it was quite long actually). Maybe it has to do with the image/mold-able problem? 
I really need a lot of help. I really want this but it's starting to feel impossible because of my age and height, and probably looks too. =( 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they really going to have a rhythm test this time?  I know they usually do but they restricted the dancer category to no CDs yet again so I'm kind of questioning that, since they had that particular nuance a couple months ago as well when they held their last auditions and no one got a rhythm test.  Only the dancers got the "rhythm test" except it was their audition.  I just assumed it would be the same this time around.
Not sure how well they will take to dancers tbh.  I'm going to dance b/c I'm better at that and it seems like SM doesn't really take to my voice type but they seem like they are still very vocal-oriented this time around, just like last time.

Guest Katherine1430283879

I wish I had some sort of musical dancing ability, I would totally audition just for fun!

Guest sumichan

@KatherineSammee!!~ But screw my horribile dancing skills, I'm planning on auditioning for fun anyways~~
You should totally join me >:D

Guest SmilesX

@musicismylife11 Don't worry I'm a '93 too :)  If you're going to NJ hope to see you there! I agree with sunfire13 to just sing a song you know well or are most comfortable with to show your best potential. I've heard from most people that singing English songs are okay, but the judges might stop you to sing in Korean instead. I'm not too sure on that but if that were true I think you should prepare an English and Korean song just in case too. :)  Good luck!
I suck at dancing too; however, I don't think people should worry too much about not knowing how to dance. I know dancing is a big factor too, but I think if you show them you have some sort of rhythm sense I think it's good enough for them. Trying and giving your best effort so the judges can see is probably what's most important. :)  With time and training I'm sure one day those of us who can't dance will be able to dance. :)

Guest onesweetflavor

I just sent my application in. I'm hoping they will post the location soon so I can get transportation.

I didn't get my reply either and I sent my app a week and a half ago.
I think I made a mistake though, because I used horrible pictures of me...
Anyways, I hope that we'll all practice really well for this!
Everyone, FIGHTINGINGIGNIGNIGNIGNIGNIGIG@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!

I believe SM will only pick people who they think has a chance, therefore, if what I said is true, the auditions has already begun and they've began eliminating applicants who they don't think are capable. I really hope that's not the case, because everyone deserves a chance, but if that really is how they've decided to run this audition, then I guess everyone will have to wish upon their lucky stars and practice hard.
_RaiN_

Guest musicismylife11

@musicismylife11

Don't worry I'm a '93 too

:)

If you're going to NJ hope to see you there! I agree with sunfire13 to just sing a song you know well or are most comfortable with to show your best potential. I've heard from most people that singing English songs are okay, but the judges might stop you to sing in Korean instead. I'm not too sure on that but if that were true I think you should prepare an English and Korean song just in case too.

Good luck!

I suck at dancing too; however, I don't think people should worry too much about not knowing how to dance. I know dancing is a big factor too, but I think if you show them you have some sort of rhythm sense I think it's good enough for them. Trying and giving your best effort so the judges can see is probably what's most important.

With time and training I'm sure one day those of us who can't dance will be able to dance.

Guest iPhets

@_RaiN_ : Its true that everybody deserves a chance xD they should come to Perth! Haha jokes. But seriously, I think its a much better idea because this allows them to gauge how long they need to be there, etc - everything should be much better organized and waiting time will probably be cut down. Also this would be better for people who attend because the judges will probably have more spirit and actually listen in.. imagine how exhausting it would be to listen to hundreds of people who aren't very good, so I'm not surprised that I've seen people say that the judges were rude or weren't paying attention =/ Unprofessional, but yeah..

@iPhets: That's true, but think about all the people that are dying to try out for the auditions, and they don't get to, it's a bit heartbreaking, but then again, the truth isn't always nice. I'm pretty sure SM Entertainment has tried to organize their auditions before but due to the flood of people, it was a bit messy and like you said, many applicants thought the judges to be rude or cocky, etc. It's all because of fatigue from listening and watching too many applicants. The way you put it, it's made me reconsider, it might just be true that this process of auditions is more efficient and organized. 
Ps. THEY SHOULD COME TO MELBOURNE! :3 I'm still trying out even though I'm in Melbourne, I put my destination as Melbourne; Australia, they'll probably ignore my application, but I'll take the chances (:
_RaiN_

I think SM is just really busy with everything right now.
I'm pretty sure they didn't even LOOK at the applications yet, because they haven't even booked the location of the auditions yet... and then they have to come up with a procedure, hire staff, find out what kinds of people they're looking for, etc. And then they start going through Email applications ><
SM is lazy, haha. And I think the audition staff are made of the same people that work elsewhere in SM, like managers, secretaries, producers, etc. Because I seriously see the same people every time I go, lol.
And I think they go through the email applications in order of which location they go to first? So Korean applicants will get a reply first, and so on. Note that they have different email accounts for different cities, so... they'll be looking through them chronologically, in order of which city they attend first.
Just what I think ^O^

Guest SmilesX

@musicismylife11  I've already sent in my e-mail. I think it's been about one or two weeks already. I'm so anxious and impatient for my result. Ha-ha. But I will definitely let you know so if we possible we can meet up. :) I just hope that I won't get lost around NJ though and find the audition location.

@_RaiN_ 
I think you're right. I think SM is choosing people based on their "pictures" this time. Unless they did the same for the global auditions..  which I don't think they did. But I have a feeling they're only choosing certain people based on their age + faces. Ugh, if i had knew earlier i would've sent in a better picture. OTL. 

Archived