Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunfire13

[NEW] SM YOUTH STAR AUDITION 2012

@Emilyy5117: You should've sent a beautiful picture anyways :P It's always better to be safe than sorry, and the result of using this kind of audition will mean that the auditions will be crisp and clean. It also means that whoever got chosen to go has already passed the 1st round, which means the people who attend will be the ones who're good looking. The auditions after that would be even harder as you don't even know how talented the chosen applicants are, so it's scary, if you pass that round, I'm pretty sure you'd be ignoring almost everything except practice because you want to win it. 
By the way, I'm pretty sure the auditions is going to be filmed, so I'll see you guys on TV (:
_RaiN_

@_RaiN_
I really like your analysis of the whole audition because it really seems like they set it up that way. Well, its now time to hope and pray that they send a reply back. 

@Emilyy5117: Thanks, but like I said before, it might not be true at all.
@Cougarnoona: It might be, but then again, it might not.
_RaiN_

ive heard that sm has already replied to some emails cause ive been researching like crazy these days >:oand if pretty sure the live auditions for the first round are gonna be extra tough, since they already eliminated a bunch of people from the emails and picked the "good" ones, so then at the live audition they'll be picking the "good" out of the "good"and from there on..i shouldve sent some better pictureshows many pictures did you guys send?i sent like 10....LOL ><

You know what guys ? Let's fake accounts , send one with a very pretty girl and another ugly ( I mean less pretty)  we same age , height , weight , .... Just make the descriptions slightly different .We should see if they 'll both receive and e-mail confirmation

You know what guys ? Let's fake accounts , send one with a very pretty girl and another ugly ( I mean less pretty)  we same age , height , weight , .... Just make the descriptions slightly different .We should see if they 'll both receive and e-mail confirmation

@lil.xingxing.lee  Really? Some people have already received their confirmation? Wahh, makes me nervous! I agree that it's going to be tough. I guess we just have to be extra prepared then. :)
@_Rain_   I do think there's a chance it could be filmed, but at the same time I doubt it would also ? Kpopstar season 2 is coming right around the corner too so I'm having doubts the finalists will appear on TV. Then again it could happen if the filming of the show is not formatted like Kpopstar. I don't know I guess we will have to see.

@Lalahey321: Terrible idea, if you fake accounts and fake everything, they'll be able to tell and if they find out, you're application will be terminated.
@SmilesX: I'm starting to believe it'll be filmed, maybe to put into their movie "I Am" (Which I believe is why they delayed it). My reason for believing it'll be filmed is because they're making this whole "How we got our trainee" vibe going through the entire company, and if they don't film this (which is the modern age of youthful and potential trainees) then they're going to miss out on their opportunity. 
@Lilxingxinglee: That's scary? If people has already gotten confirmation emails, then I'm starting to lose hopes.
_RaiN_

Is it a bad idea to resend the application? My auditions are on the 29th, and i feel like they're taking their sweet precious time. 

joining in on this lovely discussion :]i spot 2 other 93-ers.thanks guys, for being old along with me haha.i haven't even been following kpop recently, i admit i'm kinda just a casual kpop fan *hides*but it has always been a dream of mine to be a singer (although i'm kinda bad at controlling my voice). i auditioned once for jyp when i was 15, and then i gave up the dream when i got rejected.it came back recently, and when i heard about this audition, i started questioning my dream again...Still deciding whether or not to go. i haven't even sent my app yet, i should probably do that first, seeing all these comments about no replies...ahhh i feel like i'm too old for this, and my friends hate kpop. LOL i'm not telling anyone i'm going for this. aish this is embarassing really..what do you think guys?
also anyone going to NJ one alone?

@_RaiN_  Yeah, that is also what I was thinking too. You know if they weren't going to film the whole process in a competition format like Kpopstar then probably just for documentary and stuff like that.
@strawberrycheerios  You're a 93 too? Awesome! :)  I think I get that feeling a lot too. Always reconsidering if this is the best for me, the right path to choose. But I've never tried to so hard for something especially for this many years either. I used to feel embarrass too, but if it's something you like then don't worry about what others think. :) I'm going to fly to NJ alone if I make it. What about you, flying from somewhere else too? 

" All Nationality and gender are welcome. We welcome all the hopeful Youths from around the world." From the SM Youth Star website. They are welcoming ALL HOPEFULS. Even though this audition has a different name, it is the same as GLOBAL AUDITIONS, they just have age requirements this time.
Whoever said they are already sending out emails and eliminating people from the emails alone needs to stop with the nonsense. I can believe they are sending out some confirmation but yet I don't because it isn't even closed to the audition dates yet and even on their official website they have yet put up the locations of where the audition will be held at because what will contain in your confirmation email is LOCATION & TIME so why would they've be sending out confirmation emails when they haven't put up locations on their official website? Just a thought.
"Deadline: Applicants will be accepted until ONE DAY before the respective audition date in each city."Yeah, does that sound like SM is eliminating people from emails alone? No. But I am pretty sure that they are going to have walk-ins.
@_RaiN_ Yeah, I really don't think they are filming the audition for tv and putting it in their movie "I Am" because they are releasing it in our theaters here in LA next week so yeah. And either way, at auditions, they do film you. When you audition, they make you look at the camera and sing. And in the years SM has been active, they have never done the "how we got our trainee" video thing before, so I don't really understand how it is a missed opportunity. -___- They do release some of their artists' audition tapes as you can see on Youtube just to show people how talented they were or how much they've improved thanks to SM.

I don't think they're eliminating people from email applications either.
It's a good speculation, but...
1) Some people enter through walk-in auditions2) What if some people are lying and use someone else's photos?3) Photos can be photoshopped, and people may look different in real life :/4) Some SM artists right now started off looking pretty plain and dare I say, "ugly" in the eyes of the general public. But once they were accepted, SM gave them a makeover... hair, skin, makeup, weight loss, etc all make a difference, and it's hard to see that from a few pictures online.
I think they're still accepting everyone regardless of how they look in their application photos, but it's good to have a good-looking application photo anyways, because if they're interested in you during the actual audition, they have all the apps printed and they'll keep your app for later ^^ So.. it's good to be represented by a good picture! Hehe.
Which means I should probably resend my application... They won't know anyways ><

@Anthonykkokko: Maybe you're right, it's probably just SM trying to organize everything and they're still setting everything up (renting locations, etc.) It also did say that the audition(s) time can be changed due to problems, etc.
@Cleanchees: The movie's coming out in LA? Haha, I never knew that, then maybe they'll just film casually like they do during the auditions they hold. 
@Emilyy5117: I think you should wait, if they don't give you a reply after 2 weeks of sending your application, they you should resend. If you sent your application and they haven't replied 1 week before the audition, then you should resend, because on the website it did say that they'll accept applicants one day before the audition date. 
Anyways, does anyone know where the mail goes? Because of they sent it to my junk mail folder, then I think I deleted the mail :P I should probably resend it.
_RaiN_

I don't think they're eliminating people from email applications either.

It's a good speculation, but...

1) Some people enter through walk-in auditions2) What if some people are lying and use someone else's photos?3) Photos can be photoshopped, and people may look different in real life :/4) Some SM artists right now started off looking pretty plain and dare I say, "ugly" in the eyes of the general public. But once they were accepted, SM gave them a makeover... hair, skin, makeup, weight loss, etc all make a difference, and it's hard to see that from a few pictures online.

I think they're still accepting everyone regardless of how they look in their application photos, but it's good to have a good-looking application photo anyways, because if they're interested in you during the actual audition, they have all the apps printed and they'll keep your app for later ^^ So.. it's good to be represented by a good picture! Hehe.

Which means I should probably resend my application... They won't know anyways ><

@Anthonykkokko: Maybe you're right, it's probably just SM trying to organize everything and they're still setting everything up (renting locations, etc.) It also did say that the audition(s) time can be changed due to problems, etc.

@Cleanchees: The movie's coming out in LA? Haha, I never knew that, then maybe they'll just film casually like they do during the auditions they hold. 

@Emilyy5117: I think you should wait, if they don't give you a reply after 2 weeks of sending your application, they you should resend. If you sent your application and they haven't replied 1 week before the audition, then you should resend, because on the website it did say that they'll accept applicants one day before the audition date. 

Anyways, does anyone know where the mail goes? Because of they sent it to my junk mail folder, then I think I deleted the mail

:P

I should probably resend it.

_RaiN_

@Cleanchess: Oh that's cool, I can't wait for the movie (In this case, a documentary)! :D I'm in Australia so I don't know how I'll watch it, but I know it'll be a good documentary to watch as it shows how everyone became VERY successful (:
_RaiN_

The movie's already been released in specific countries a while ago.  I remember they released it in LA in May i believe?  Around the time of the SMTown concert as part of a film festival so the movie's all finished, I doubted they can fix it now that it's already been through production.  They're just bringing it back here again for a small 1 week release.
I'm sure SM's going to hold their auditions like they always do.  There'll probably be walk ins.  From my experience SM does take some time to send back the emails, probably closer to the audition date so I don't think we need to worry as of yet.  I don't think I've ever heard a person say they haven't gotten a reply before; heck I've even sent one the day before auditions (pretty much the deadline) before and they still managed to reply to me.  So don't sweat it, even if they don't answer you you could always just do walk-in, the worst thing they're going to do is just make you go last after all the e-mail applicants have gone (though I don't even think that matters, me and my friend were pressed on time last auditions and had different times so we went a little early/later than our given times.)