Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sunfire13

[NEW] SM YOUTH STAR AUDITION 2012

Guest sumichan

@emilyy5117 LOLLL guess I'm only gonna get like 10 seconds then hahahahah, oh and about the rhythm test thing
what's it about? O_o
Nah, Im going to the vancouver one~~~ Anyone else coming to the vancouver auditions? :DD

@sumichan
I'm pretty sure they're gonna have it in this auditions but basically, everybody stands up they play some song like boom boom pow, and  you can either dance or clap to the beat. lol.

Guest SmilesX

Yay, more people to talk too ^^ Hi, everyone! I get nervous when people bring up the rhythm test because I can't dance at all. I mean I can definitely clap to the beat, but I would look like a fool trying to dance. LOL. Who else here will be auditioning in NJ if they pass? :)

Guest sumichan

LOLLLLL I guess i'll just be there clapping my hands off :P
If I even get a confirmation letter that is... btw how did everyone fill out there audition form?
Did you guys all like write a resume-like email, or just fill-in-the-blanks-there i go worrying again- =3=

is anyone going to the July 29th LA audition? lol I don't have high hopes for the rhythm test. otl. probably gonna look like a retard doing god knows what moves. 

Oh dang, I wanted to attend the one in LA, but it's too far, and I had my parents drive me to the vancouver ones last year for JYP (so I feel really guilty already D;)

@

_RaiN_ : Someone in my group last year did a song where she both sang and rap, so I guess you could always do that ! : ))

And as for calculating the percentage of your ethnicity, it all depends on your background -like who's blah and blah, etc.

For example -

Let's say someone had a grandfather who was full Korean and married a full Caucasian person, and had a son. The son would be 50% Caucasian, 50% Korean, and if he married a Korean woman, and together they had a daughter, the daughter would be 25% Caucasian, 75% Korean, you see? (lol I totally made this up, it's not my percentage, just fyi)

Ah, and sorry if I confused you xD If you need further help, I could always help you calculate yours !

Also, does anyone know how SM feels about Korean-Chinese people ?

Guest cougarnoona

The audition doesn't even say anything about a rhythm test. I'm pretty sure it's just for the weekly auditions in Seoul and US. But I heard that if you're good at singing they can get you to dance as well when the dancers to their audition.

The audition doesn't even say anything about a rhythm test. I'm pretty sure it's just for the weekly auditions in Seoul and US. But I heard that if you're good at singing they can get you to dance as well when the dancers to their audition.

Guest sumichan

Guest cougarnoona

Also, I wonder if there are going to be any different procedures, criteria etc between the SM Youth Star Audition and the SM Global Auditions... I guess we'll have to see when we get to the auditions :-SS

Guest sumichan

Well anyways GOODLUCK EVERYONE :DD
And I hope you all get a confirmation letter :))

Guest sunfire13

Also, I wonder if there are going to be any different procedures, criteria etc between the SM Youth Star Audition and the SM Global Auditions... I guess we'll have to see when we get to the auditions :-SS

@ cougarnoona I think they are looking for specific people this time,because they had global audition recently and now they are having another one,so maybe they are missing a member for upcoming group.Also there is age criteria this time so it may be a hint for what I said before.

Guest iPhets

@sunfire13 quoting people is fine but when you mention someone in a quote (like how you're typing your text in the quote area right now) it doesn't notify the particular user! I'm sure people would love to get notified so they can reply when you're mentioning them so maybe typing outside the quote area might be better? :3 Just a suggestion.
Also, I find it a bit odd that they're actually letting ages up to 20 audition. I'm 20, but heck, I find even 18 a little too old to be moulded unless someone has immense potential. Don't most members debut earlier? And with the recent expansion to include Australia as one of its audition destinations, could SM be trying to reach the Western market again with a new group? So many questions. And SM making a specific group for the US market is just my wishful thinking ;) but with the recent boom in groups in the US market it might not be impossible...

Guest cougarnoona

@ cougarnoona I think they are looking for specific people this time,because they had global audition recently and now they are having another one,so maybe they are missing a member for upcoming group.Also there is age criteria this time so it may be a hint for what I said before.

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

Yay, more people to talk too ^^ Hi, everyone! I get nervous when people bring up the rhythm test because I can't dance at all. I mean I can definitely clap to the beat, but I would look like a fool trying to dance. LOL. Who else here will be auditioning in NJ if they pass?

:)

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

lol i just researched and stuff so i dont know for sure :P and i guess, but i also heard this time ONLY if you get an email back you can go audition. i guess they're making us meet a certain criteria of theirs. thanks for the encouragement :) good luck and yeah ill be refreshing during the week before august 4 (the time when i audition in nj)

Guest musicismylife11

Good luck to everyone! I'm also from NJ and I'm going too! But you're all making me feel so old!! I'm '93.....haha But from my past experiences (2 auditions) they never had a rhythm test. Did anyone go to Global Auditions and actually HAVE a rhythm test? And I'm thinking of sending in my email later in the month, like mid-July, closer to the date? Or should I send it now?
I've also got a few questions? 
1. Would it be a better idea to write Chinese or Taiwanese for ethnicity? Would they pick one over the other you think?
2. What language would be best? I'm Taiwanese so I know Mandarin, but I can sing well in other languages including Korean (though I don't know the language), so would it be a good idea to sing in Korean?
3. Also, would you recommend a specific style of song? Like do you know if the judges favor the song style? I tried out with Christina Aguilera's I Turn to You last time and I know I did well, the judge even let me finish (it was quite long actually). Maybe it has to do with the image/mold-able problem? 
I really need a lot of help. I really want this but it's starting to feel impossible because of my age and height, and probably looks too. =(