[NEW] SM YOUTH STAR AUDITION 2012

Guest sunfire13

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

joining in on this lovely discussion :]i spot 2 other 93-ers.thanks guys, for being old along with me haha.i haven't even been following kpop recently, i admit i'm kinda just a casual kpop fan *hides*but it has always been a dream of mine to be a singer (although i'm kinda bad at controlling my voice). i auditioned once for jyp when i was 15, and then i gave up the dream when i got rejected.it came back recently, and when i heard about this audition, i started questioning my dream again...Still deciding whether or not to go. i haven't even sent my app yet, i should probably do that first, seeing all these comments about no replies...ahhh i feel like i'm too old for this, and my friends hate kpop. LOL i'm not telling anyone i'm going for this. aish this is embarassing really..what do you think guys?

also anyone going to NJ one alone?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

i was on this website:http://sm-questions-answers.tumblr.com/ask  where it said some people got confirmation letters, idk if their lying or not...but either way, i really hope there are walk-ins. im willing to wait since im gonna be there in the morning, i hope. and the fake account idea was interesting, i wonder if they really are eliminating people since sm website said: "only people who get our confirmation email may participate in our audition">.< it sounded like they were...to me at least..i been watching some of sm idols' auditions, and they were all pretty good looking i'd say. they all had some good amount of talent too. the part im most nervous about is the rhythm test...and apparently sm looks for the person that stands out most from the 10 people, and watches from there. 
god im so stressed i really want to go to LA and audition every week but sadly i live on the east coast...

Guest sunfire13

I've been thinking about this elimination you are talking about and it is possible they are doing it,mostly because they are looking for certain people this time(age criteria).

So I am planning to send my audition and see if I get a reply.

Why? Because I'm caucasian(they always look for asians) and also can't go to audition even if I get a reply XD

So yeah I will keep you updated on that :)

@Sunfire13: Um, I think you mean send your application which is what everyone is doing, and I'm definitely sure that whoever on Soompi gets a reply, they'll be so overjoyed the first thing they do is post it on Soompi. So I think being patient is the key, even if you don't get to make it, then I guess it's tough luck, there's no need to be disappointed about it, so I guess the only thing that everyone is anticipating is their reply.
_RaiN_

Guest sunfire13

@_RaiN_ Yes I meant application, but who knows what are they doing with this audition only they know...anyways if everyone gets a reply then I should also get one so that way we will be sure there are no eliminations ;)

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

yeah we all just have to wait and i heard that they are only choosing 1-5 people from the whole entire youth auditions, from all the continents and EVERTHING.
 that means if there are  about 1000 people(estimate) that audition at one location, there will be a total of 12,000 people auditioning in the world. (after email eliminations) and there are 12 locations in total.
if there are 12,000 people in total, and 5 was the maximum number of people they accept, that means the percentage of being among the 5 is about .04%
if 4 was the maximum number, then it would be about .03%if 3 was the maximum number, then it would be about .025%if 2 was the maximum number, then it would be about .0167%
and if they're only choosing ONE, then being the one would be about .008%
this is only an estimate and guess....idk if my math was wrong or not but from what i see, its pretty much impossible >:o 
but still though, lol.
OMGG THEY POSTED THE PLACES OF AUDITION FOR NJ/LA!!!
does that mean they sent out emails already?!?!?!?SOMEONE TELL MEE :o

Guest ohdangchang

They posted the locations for USA. LA is @ the sheraton los angeles downtown hotel, and the NY (NJ) is at the FGS Korean Community Center
does anyone know what time it starts?and what locations/times are you guys planning on going?anyone going to the one in la early morning?

Guest sunfire13

They posted the locations for USA. LA is @ the sheraton los angeles downtown hotel, and the NY (NJ) is at the FGS Korean Community Center

does anyone know what time it starts?and what locations/times are you guys planning on going?anyone going to the one in la early morning?

Guest sunfire13

yeah we all just have to wait and i heard that they are only choosing 1-5 people from the whole entire youth auditions, from all the continents and EVERTHING.

that means if there are  about 1000 people(estimate) that audition at one location, there will be a total of 12,000 people auditioning in the world. (after email eliminations) and there are 12 locations in total.

if there are 12,000 people in total, and 5 was the maximum number of people they accept, that means the percentage of being among the 5 is about .04%

if 4 was the maximum number, then it would be about .03%if 3 was the maximum number, then it would be about .025%if 2 was the maximum number, then it would be about .0167%

this is only an estimate and guess....idk if my math was wrong or not but from what i see, its pretty much impossible >

:o

but still though, lol.

does that mean they sent out emails already?!?!?!?

SOMEONE TELL MEE

Guest lalahey321

I saw the SM documentary I AM , wasn't that good honestly . I watched it online . A quarter of it is about their live shows , and they covered only some of their trainees life , didn't show much . I think it's because they didn't want to show the bad thing .

For the fake account I meant by creating two accounts .

If they say that confirmation will be sent one day before the date  , then we have to wait until that day, no one should have got the confirmation . Ohterwise to prove : fake accounts .

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

this is only an estimate and guess....idk if my math was wrong or not but from what i see, its pretty much impossible >

but still though, lol.

does that mean they sent out emails already?!?!?!?

SOMEONE TELL MEE

Guest SmilesX

I became excited/nervous the moment I read that locations were already up. I looked for flight tickets and they're quite expensive. xD The cheapest one was around $300. It only allows me to stay in NJ/NY for at most 8 hours. I'm afraid it won't be sufficient time. Who knows how many people will show up to the auditions too.

Wow they're going to have it at the Sheraton.  I'm surprised they dont have it at the place they always do lol.
Tbh I think it would be unfeasible for them to pick who will show up to auditions through e-mail eliminations only because they are going to spend a lot of money and resources to go to all these countries.  I mean sure, maybe they have a specific type of person in mind but don't they always?  Would any entertainment company really want to risk turning away someone who might be really good b/c they eliminated them through a short e-mail profile, which doesn't show their potential at all?  Especially since this will be their 2nd time in one year, which probably means they are really seriously looking for this "archetype" person this time around.  Sure, they're probably going to have to pick through a lot of people if they don't do that, but they do that every global auditions anyways.  Maybe it's just me, but if I was seriously looking for someone to be in my entertainment company I would probably want to have the biggest possible pool for me to choose from at first and then narrow them down based on whether or not their talent suits my project because hey, that person I liked from that profile she sent me might not be as talented as I want her to be, or might not look as good as I thought in person, or maybe she used someone else's picture, etc.  There's a lot of factors.  Plus I don't think they'll remember every face they see and match every face to a name and then remember if every person that walked through the room matched the face they send the confirmation letter to lol.  That seems like a lot of unnecessary work and I'm sure the organizers have more important things to attend to.
But who knows.  Maybe SM's doing it differently this time around (though tbh everytime they say they're going to do something differently they don't lol but we never know.)  And honestly if they don't want people who don't get an email to show up they really shouldn't post the audition location up on their website lol.

Guest lil.xingxing.lee

Wow they're going to have it at the Sheraton.  I'm surprised they dont have it at the place they always do lol.

Tbh I think it would be unfeasible for them to pick who will show up to auditions through e-mail eliminations only because they are going to spend a lot of money and resources to go to all these countries.  I mean sure, maybe they have a specific type of person in mind but don't they always?  Would any entertainment company really want to risk turning away someone who might be really good b/c they eliminated them through a short e-mail profile, which doesn't show their potential at all?  Especially since this will be their 2nd time in one year, which probably means they are really seriously looking for this "archetype" person this time around.  Sure, they're probably going to have to pick through a lot of people if they don't do that, but they do that every global auditions anyways.  Maybe it's just me, but if I was seriously looking for someone to be in my entertainment company I would probably want to have the biggest possible pool for me to choose from at first and then narrow them down based on whether or not their talent suits my project because hey, that person I liked from that profile she sent me might not be as talented as I want her to be, or might not look as good as I thought in person, or maybe she used someone else's picture, etc.  There's a lot of factors.  Plus I don't think they'll remember every face they see and match every face to a name and then remember if every person that walked through the room matched the face they send the confirmation letter to lol.  That seems like a lot of unnecessary work and I'm sure the organizers have more important things to attend to.

But who knows.  Maybe SM's doing it differently this time around (though tbh everytime they say they're going to do something differently they don't lol but we never know.)  And honestly if they don't want people who don't get an email to show up they really shouldn't post the audition location up on their website lol.

Archived