2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Both of you have valid points.  I have such mix feelings about it because like you said King hasn't been done, but the more I thought about it, I have never really enjoyed a whole series where ML is king from start to finish (Be it Chinese or Korean series).  I think the whole reason for it is the whole court politics of it all are many times frustrating to watch.  It's nice to solve, but the whole drama around it for whole 16 episodes or longer is a little too much.  You know how you know they're the bad guy, but sometime you have to side with them and hurt the people on your side even.  Just those certain restrictions you feel even more with being King.

I'm with you. I'm really not interested in the whole court politics stuff. Really frustrating and repetitive to me. I would have loved to see JH play everything that led to his father becoming the king. That was what was missing for me in MC- I didn't really get to understand why BW was so hurt by his father. JH conveyed it beautifully, but actually seeing how his struggle would have made his dad's betrayal so much more devastating, and give us more insight into BW. If JH was to play a king, than I'd rather it would be a king at a time of war, not sitting around in the palace talking, and having others do the work. Also, I really don't like the king's clothing :)

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

I also thought he might be a little age for pre-king period, but since went into more depth/humanize Bang Won.  There is still certain aspects I would hope to explore.  Maybe if we  can go back to certain key events, but not too far back then it would work.  He still has his resolve in MC so maybe showing a little time before that or what lead up to it.

Ideally, I would want 8 eps preking and 8 eps king.

That's a good compromise...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Yay video finally sub!

Aww thanks so much!! Watching it with subs makes me love him even moreeee. His humour is really one kind LOL. Such a straight face when he tells a joke but he probably didn’t intend for it to be a joke but it just comes out funny haha. And his “trick” for taking good photos is hilarious haha. Can’t love this man enough! :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Oh, the last video was awesome. Thank you a lot:wub:

Recounting on my JH odyssey: 

I’ve put TMWYS on hiatus. Yesterday I started viewing MF with my mother, and I don’t have the time to watch the two at the same time. 

Regarding TMWYS, I watched until the 3rd episode, and it was like looking at a somewhat improved version of Voice. JH playing again a character ridden with guilt over the death of his wife/girlfriend; and a police officer guiding another one through an earphone (only this time JH’s character was the one giving the instructions). The characters seemed more compelling here than in Voice, though, and JH hairstyle is definitely a lot better. 

The frivolous verdict: JH looks really sexy as hell as Hyun Jae. The hair, the scars, the black clothes, the soft voice,  the whisky glass. The character is a pile of clichés, but in the looks department, I can’t complain. 

About MF, I’ve only watched the first episode, but I think I’m going to like this one. It gives me Succession vibes. JH as Pil-Joo is enigmatic, intense and creepy, so I’m rooting for him. I’m also intrigued by his weird relationship with Boo-chan. I know it’s my dirty mind, but sometimes I feel a lot of unresolved sexual tension between them, at least on Pil-Joo’s side. If it weren’t a korean drama, I could swear that Pil-Joo is in love -in a twisted and unhealthy way- with Boo-chan. And to be honest, I would prefer it to unfold this way, it’d be interesting and refreshing for once to see a not-heterosexual romance in a kdrama. 

But I know it’s impossible to expect that, so Pil-Joo is going to fall hard for the Birdgirl, of course, and we are going to have the customary love triangle. I only can hope that Pil-Joo isn’t the Birdgirl’s childhood crush that she is so fond of; because I’m really fed up with the “childhood/teenager crush” trope, it’s been played in every kdrama I’ve watched so far (except for Kingdom). I don’t know if I could stand it once more, it’s becoming very tiresome for me. 

On the frivolous side: I don't know if it's the hairstyle, but I find him a little ugly here, even a little chubby. I find him sexy because the PIl-Joo character is sexy as hell, but I'm not loving his looks in MF. Not yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Aww thanks so much!! Watching it with subs makes me love him even moreeee. His humour is really one kind LOL. Such a straight face when he tells a joke but he probably didn’t intend for it to be a joke but it just comes out funny haha. And his “trick” for taking good photos is hilarious haha. Can’t love this man enough! :joy:

Notice that on the phone, almost every word that he said was a joke with an attitude :)  when being asked what are you doing? JH: "What do you mean? I'm talking to you", after being asked to come up to join the shoot, his quirky reaction- "why should I come up?!" :D being told to watch what he is saying- "we always have wholesome conversations"- about this I'm actually not sure it's a joke, at least for JH's side of their conversations. His reaction to the suggestion that the third pole of that contraption represents a penis, was very serious. Not even a smile. why not hit it? because it's sensitive... Seriously- did anyone ever heard him make a racy joke or comment? He seems so naturally polite. Even though his friends might make a racy joke, I never saw him respond in kind 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

He's really funny! Love their interactions so much! I wish it was longer though. Can see how comfortable they are with each other. So he has been going to Sidus office regularly. I wonder if he is reviewing scripts..:wub:

• Like 4

@Akhmatova Hi, Money Flower was called by some people (as a praise) “a masterpiece makjang” that means something like “a masterpiece soap opera” so do watch with the expectation of some cliches

I felt the UST with Bucheon and yeah some scenes turned out kinda homo-erotic. Many people commented on this on twitter and tumblr while the drama aired, but when I mentioned it here, no one agreed. Also, spoiler alert, in the story it meant nothing. It was just probably just the chemistry between the actors. It was quite strong. 

But there is intended UST with JMR. The fact is Piljoo was so sexy that he had chemistry with almost everyone and all his moves were kinda sexy (at least to me). He was less skinny in this but I liked him a lot. 

@Biology Lesson   @azureblue7

Everything happens so fast that I feel I’ll have to repeat it many times before I catch all but: Wasn’t it Joon who said “I’m talking to you now?” answering JH who asked “What are you doing?” The second statement “Why would I come down?” I can’t even catch it. And the penis comment, it was JH who mentioned that is “the penis area” right? He said it so seriously that I didn’t even take it as a joke :lol: I thought it was literal that when practicing, that area is generally avoided (?) In any case his sense of humor is so dry, I get confused :P

One thing I caught is, Joon mentioned that gyms have been closed due to coronavirus. So, I suppose JHs gym got some special permission? They didn’t seem to ever close. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

48 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson   @azureblue7

Everything happens so fast that I feel I’ll have to repeat it many times before I catch all but: Wasn’t it Joon who said “I’m talking to you now?” answering JH who asked “What are you doing?” The second statement “Why would I come down?” I can’t even catch it. And the penis comment, it was JH who mentioned that is “the penis area” right? He said it so seriously that I didn’t even take it as a joke :lol: I thought it was literal that when practicing, that area is generally avoided (?) In any case his sense of humor is so dry, I get confused :P

One thing I caught is, Joon mentioned that gyms have been closed due to coronavirus. So, I suppose JHs gym got some special permission? They didn’t seem to ever close. 

Since the subs were changing so fast, I had to slow it down to X0.75. Watching it like that you see that the comments were made by JH. For sure it wasn't JH that said the penis comment

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Notice that on the phone, almost every word that he said was a joke with an attitude :)  when being asked what are you doing? JH: "What do you mean? I'm talking to you", after being asked to come up to join the shoot, his quirky reaction- "why should I come up?!" :D being told to watch what he is saying- "we always have wholesome conversations"- about this I'm actually not sure it's a joke, at least for JH's side of their conversations. His reaction to the suggestion that the third pole of that contraption represents a penis, was very serious. Not even a smile. why not hit it? because it's sensitive... Seriously- did anyone ever heard him make a racy joke or comment? He seems so naturally polite. Even though his friends might make a racy joke, I never saw him respond in kind 

The one that said the penis thing was the GOD member. After this  JH said "its not" seriously and explained that where you train kick, the god guy said " but you dont do it much with a guy (kick him)" and JH said "....bc is a sensitive area."

JH never do any type of dirty comments, especially jokes.

I think this proves that he is really a respectful person.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

But there is intended UST with JMR. The fact is Piljoo was so sexy that he had chemistry with almost everyone and all his moves were kinda sexy (at least to me). He was less skinny in this but I liked him a lot. 

I agree! He does have chemistry with almost everyone. I didn't quite like his look in MF at the beginning too but he gets better looking and more charming later on... 

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

And the replies like "Why would I come down now" "I'm talking to you now"  were made by JH. And he didn't make the dirty comment. Lol!

When I watched other Wassup Man YouTube clips, Chil Sung's English reminded a lot like Joon Park. hahah! His "Man!" but with lots of cuteness added to it 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I agree! He does have chemistry with almost everyone. I didn't quite like his look in MF at the beginning too but he gets better looking and more charming later on... 

And the replies like "Why would I come down now" "I'm talking to you now"  were made by JH. And he didn't make the dirty comment. Lol!

When I watched other Wassup Man YouTube clips, Chil Sung's English reminded a lot like Joon Park. hahah! His "Man!" but with lots of cuteness added to it 

Good catch! I think you are right! I think that JH in Chi Sung is essentially doing Joon's common expressions :) what a random thing to do... :D

• Like 3

@dramafan33 @azureblue7

Now I’ve seen the second and part of the third episode, where it’s hinted that BC and PJ are related (from the flashback it seems like they both have the same father), it has become weirder for me; because I still feel the UST strongly, but now it’s even creepier. Now I feel like a real pervert for somewhat shipping them together :sweatingbullets:

And I agree that there’s some UST with JMR too. It’s like Pil-Joo is soooo menacing around them, that he gives some “sexual predator” vibes around B-chan and his mother. There are moments that I feel like yelling: “B-chan, my darling stupid boy, how can you not see he’s looking at you like a cat about to eat a canary? Are you really that dumb? Run for your life!”. But, yes, he’s really that dumb. 

About B-chan, I’m conflicted, because he’s like the epitome of the banality of evil: he hasn’t got bad intentions, but it’s the type of individual who is so shallow, stupid and self-centered that he ends hurting those around him only due to his abysmal idiocy. But at the same time I can’t help feeling sorry for him, and wanting him to mature, become a better person and, well, survive Pil-Joo. 

About Birdgirl, for now I find her just blah, the perfect girl next door. I’m not happy they played the card of the “teenager crush” and I really hope that her character will end being something more than a mere device for making Pil-Joo to be angsty torn between his desire of revenge and his love for her. However, right now, I’m a lot more interested in the dynamics among Pil-Joo, B-chan and JMR than in the (canon) romance storyline. 

But for now, I’m enjoying MF a lot. I’m all for a good soap-opera, and for now, MF hasn’t disappointed me. The flashbacks about the death of PJ’s mum were so beautiful and so disturbing at the same time, that you can perfectly understand why he is so ruthless and cold-blooded about destroying the Cheong family.   And I find JH’s eyes as Pil-Joo mesmeric. As you said before, he’s almost as sexy as Bangwon (minus the fan and the fabulous robes, of course:wub:)

• Like 5

OK, so I watched "My Mister" and- I liked it :) The synopsis of the show and it's poster don't describe this show accurately at all. The main cast is good, the supporting characters are a joy- one thing that Kdramas do great is family members and people in the neighborhood- always fun! the plot is complex and interesting, though somewhat slow. Well... no- the show is very slow, and I mean- slow! it was so slow, that when my internet connection became choppy and the vid stopped- I didn't even notice most of the times! :D I guess the show is more like a Korean movie than a regular Kdrama. 

However, initially I wanted to say that this show is now part of the small list of the few non-JH Kdramas that I like, but then I realized that, even though I liked this show, it's not a show I will want to rewatch. Strangely I feel like there is nothing here to rewatch... I'm trying to understand why- When I rewatch a show it's for the journey, the events that flow from one point to the other and lead to change in the emotions of that characters. But in this show, it doesn't seem to have that...

and even though it has a sweet painful love story in it, nothing romantic happens. We don't even know if the lead loves her, we just know he cares. As usual for Kdramas, sex is something that only bad people have. It's obvious that this show is about how in life you don't always get what you want. Or even that sometimes people don't dare to want beyond what they have. Essentially this is about a girl finding her humanity through kind people- her "mister" and the people around him, but this is earned in a bit of a contrived way. We don't get enough interactions between them for her to earn their affection, it's just that they are generally, almost unnaturally, friendly. I think this is what I am missing- the girl opening up a bit more and the lead to dare and find happiness.

Anyway, watching this show I kinda understand why JH isn't cast in this type of shows, and why he sometimes is trying to uglify himself in order to try and get those roles- the main actor and the main supporting male actors are all regular looking. The lead actor is handsome, but not very. Seeing the reaction of the girls in that Dragon Club clip, I guess I understand why some show runners don't think he can convey "ordinary" people, even though I think they are wrong.

Another thing- is it possible that Korean women don't ever cry in real life? I mean, I'm trying to find an explanation why almost every single Korean actress is incapable of crying normally! It's always so fake! I don't get it! In this show all the actresses that cried, were horrible at it, ruining whatever scene they were doing!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I like his physical look in MF - not so thin as compared to now. I prefer him more meaty.  :P

• Like 3

@Akhmatova Yes! I felt the same way about Bucheon, I wanted to slap him but I felt sorry for him. To me, Bucheon, Piljoo, JMR were the main characters and their dynamic is what kept me interested throughout. I look forward to continue reading your impressions. I want to see if you feel what I felt about Piljoo’s feelings for Bucheon and JMR. To me, his feelings were conflicted regarding the whole family. Grandpa is another important character imo. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

I like his physical look in MF - not so thin as compared to now. I prefer him more meaty.  :P

Hahahahahaha!! I'm the opposite: the skinnier, the better :lol: In fact, if I ever watch FTLY it will be because in the clips I've watched in YT, I find him uber handsome in it. Poor JH, if it was up to me, he would live permanently undernourished :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 3

8 hours ago, Akhmatova said:

Hahahahahaha!! I'm the opposite: the skinnier, the better :lol: In fact, if I ever watch FTLY it will be because in the clips I've watched in YT, I find him uber handsome in it. Poor JH, if it was up to me, he would live permanently undernourished :sweatingbullets:

Ahhhhh! Do we have to talk about Pil Joo? Those here knows I love PJ :Pand you're making me want to go back to watch him esp in scenes which he doesn't wear his coat but rolled up his sleeve! Hahaha! Btw, anyone remembers if LYO rolls up his sleeve? I'm trying hard to remember....is it the basketball scene with the girl?

• Like 3