We were just talking about flower boys... someone just posted this post- look at the hair styles of most of these guys (it is guys, right? with some in the first page I can't be sure), JH included. I think JH and So ji Sub look the least feminine, because of their masculine face.  And mustache :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

If you go back to TY drama, his right side of the face near the ear, has a black mole. Big enough to be noticed. But in his later drama, the mole missing. In my opinion, I think his look (only) started to look better after Chuno. Before that, he doesn't look handsome as in handsome.

oh that mole! Isn't he has one on his neck? I love that mole. :w00t: malay folks said it's sign of a loving and caring person. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

56 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

We were just talking about flower boys... someone just posted this post- look at the hair styles of most of these guys (it is guys, right? with some in the first page I can't be sure), JH included. I think JH and So ji Sub look the least feminine, because of their masculine face.  And mustache :) 

So Ji Sub? Flower boy? that's a big no! hahaha. For me, i never see JH as a FB even before his military day. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@budgerie It’s a matter of taste but to me he was always pretty in his own way. His old nickname “white girl” was given due to his pretty features. His nose, his mouth, eyes and complexion, were always pretty. His hair color and style was ugly in SSBG but he looked super cute in Daemang and Into the Sunlight. He was often compared to Jung Woo Sun, who is one of the most handsome men I’ve ever seen (and I do see great similarity when they both were young). Of course, the wrong style, makeup and lighting will make anyone look ugly. I also don’t think he has done any PS, because nothing significant looks different, except he lost some chubbiness after MS. (Only thing I notice is is that he fixed his teeth and they look much better, probably after he quit smoking) He already looked different and very handsome (to me) in Thank You, so that would mean he had PS during military service, which is very unlikely. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson You got me worried about his sexy moles now :bawling: 

You think his hair is super straight? I actually thought his natural hair was like Daegil’s with a tendency to go wavy and I thought they used the hairclips to make it straight like in Beautiful Mind

mmm.. we shall monitor his moles then..

I always thought his natural hair is normal straight. And the hairclips are hold the curls to create some volume so that his hair will not be so flat. I think his normal hair should be like that in real men or his boxing videos? Can take a look at his younger pics for reference.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson You got me worried about his sexy moles now :bawling: 

You think his hair is super straight? I actually thought his natural hair was like Daegil’s with a tendency to go wavy and I thought they used the hairclips to make it straight like in Beautiful Mind

It actually is a bit worrying. I don't think that I've ever seen anyone with so many moles as he does. When he doesn't have make up on, you see that he has them all over his face, even on his upper lip. But I noticed another Korean actor with moles, maybe not so many, but still they were more than a few, so maybe that's something that is common in Koreans. But the fact that the mole near his ear was removed, means that he has good doctors and that his moles are monitored. So that's good. 

As to his hair, our favorite conversation topic :), in real men I think we saw the way his hair really is, in the last episodes he participated in especially. It's mostly straight with a very slight wave to it. 

This makes him look like Bruce Lee :) 

But when it's longer seems to have a slight curl to it. Maybe this is where Lee Gun's curl came from... 

And this one I just had to post, cause he looks so damn cute with his hair wet...:rolleyes:

Edit: god, I hate the picture posting function here... I had to tweet the images in order to be able to post them. Is there no way to just upload pics?!

• Like 3

All, 

please help! I came across a pic of jang hyuk back view/back profile. I think it was in Soompi forum but not sure for which topic (could be one if his dramas). He was wearing a crisp white shirt and only back was shown. Could be for an awards night or formal event.

Can someone post that pic?

I’m trying to collect pics and I recall the pic- despite back view- was really good. 

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

It actually is a bit worrying. I don't think that I've ever seen anyone with so many moles as he does. 

But the fact that the mole near his ear was removed, means that he has good doctors and that his moles are monitored. So that's good. 

Then you must see me because I've bazillion moles but they are not too visually striking like JH's because I've much darker skin tone.lol

Moles are generally harmless and they run in the families like I've inherited from my mother's side. I can understand your worry as a fan but if JH's moles were really problematic he would have been avoiding  sunlight. But we've seen him getting sunburn several times. 

• LOL 2

19 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Never? Are you sure? Thats not the idea I get from what I just read (wikipedia and the article I posted) 

Anyhow, I think this is too off topic since this is JH thread and he has never been a flower boy nor I forsee him becoming a flower man :lol:

In the past JH could look quiet girly with proper styling. I think he is quiet pretty but still not to the extent of being flowery.

I read about Hwarangs years ago and it seems like their modern interpretation is based more upon conjuctures and less upon evidence. I'm aware of many similiar 'modern interpretations' which are not always intellectually honest. Whatever if this discussion is too off topic then I would leave it here.:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I seriously can’t recall which was my first JH drama - was is Chuno or FTLY? I can’t recall but whatever it was, I couldn’t stop! I searched for JH high and Low from drama to variety to everything he had done under the sun hahahah! I was not working for a year and that one year really made me understand him a whole lot more.

I guess you weren't so hardworking like this in your school days right? Me too. I don't recall checking out my books to understand its content more. :sweat_smile:

6 hours ago, kohnlee said:

my favourite variety show has to be ‘real men’ because yup what a real man he was lol! 

I love ‘dragon club’ too and was Hoping there is a part 2. I never expect myself to like a program where a group of ahjussi came together for a holiday, with no theme, no agenda - just them

being themselves and didn’t we all get to know JH a lot more from that one too.

Yes, REAL MEN. But some episodes got no english subtitle. Luckily I could do chinese and chinese website got chinese subtitle. His hair in Real Men is a mess sometimes esp the waking up hair. Luckily got beret to cover his ugly hair. Yes, I think DB is a gem. So fun to see the natural JH. I think the only variety programme of his that I didn't enjoy was the fishing. I don't like fishing programme to begin with.

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

As to the mole- I actually noticed that but didn't want to comment because that's a bit of a serious subject.  

Yes I was worried when I noticed it because it was raised. And he got lots of moles. Good he got the one near his ear removed. 

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I understand that PS industry in Korea is very good and PSs are very common and acceptable.

I  assume K culture is open to PS. I hate it when fans criticize celebrity for going for PS. Why? Artistes are only actors or actress or singers at work. They also have their own private life. Some fans act like as though the artistes have to seek permission from fans for everything

4 hours ago, yoeda said:

oh that mole! Isn't he has one on his neck? I love that mole. :w00t: malay folks said it's sign of a loving and caring person. 

Yes, he is loving and caring towards his family. 

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

he looked super cute in Daemang 

Talking about this drama, I haven't been able to find it (anymore). I seem to have forgotten about this project of his until you mentioned it. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Indian folk say it means an artistic person who leads a good married life.:lol:

Oh that is wonderful to hear. A good married life. For the older chinese folk, my grand uncle had a mole with hair next to his lips, and the hair grows too, he said is good luck. :joy:

I know I asked this before. Anyone has his book, the one he wrote in 2013? Is it only in k language? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, safarimoon11 said:

All, 

please help! I came across a pic of jang hyuk back view/back profile. I think it was in Soompi forum but not sure for which topic (could be one if his dramas). He was wearing a crisp white shirt and only back was shown. Could be for an awards night or formal event.

Can someone post that pic?

I’m trying to collect pics and I recall the pic- despite back view- was really good. 

thanks in advance!

U mean this one?

17990196_823110381197959_120852786252976

https://www.facebook.com/JangHyukFans/

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

it's longer seems to have a slight curl to it. Maybe this is where Lee Gun's curl came from... 

so cute! I also think the curls came about after wearing the helmet for too long..hehe. Guess his natural hair is definitely not super straight.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Edit: god, I hate the picture posting function here... I had to tweet the images in order to be able to post them. Is there no way to just upload pics?!

I use https://postimages.org/ to upload the pics and copy the direct link to paste them here. But I noticed the ones I posted using this method 2 years back disappeared on the forum... Not sure if there is a better way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Then you must see me because I've bazillion moles but they are not too visually striking like JH's because I've much darker skin tone.lol

Moles are generally harmless and they run in the families like I've inherited from my mothers side. I can understand your worry as a fan but if JH's moles were really problematic he would have been avoiding the sunlight. But we've seen him getting sunburn several times. 

Actually, in "Dragon Club" and "Friends in Korea" he wore long sleeved shirts when going sailing or to the beach... I don't remember when I saw him sunburned. But most people don't mean to get sunburned...

• Like 2