4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, someone here said that there is a possibility that he reposted those pictures after he saw someone else post them, so maybe he thought he was reponding to someone else... Does he ever respond on public IG posts?  I never saw anyone mention that... Another possibility- one of the kids got hold of his phone :)

He has responded to his friends. It has been a while though. Another possibility, he was drunk and applauding his own beauty (narcissistic drunk?) 

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

He has responded to his friends. It has been a while though. Another possibility, he was drunk and applauding his own beauty (narcissistic drunk?) 

Lol too hilarious. He DOES know he is handsome though and enjoys the attention to that :joy:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Is this video ok normal speed or high speed??!! :open_mouth: he’s so quick! 

Normal speed.He's that fast! But I was busy checking out his face..haha..after you mentioned I saw how fast he was.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I guess losing all that hair made him light on his feet... Very bouncy! :) 

He looks so young with the new hairstyle..   His hair is bouncy too!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

The recent Japanese magazine has an interview with Yang Sejong too and this is what he said about JH.

How was your collaboration with Jang Hyuk, who played the charismatic dictator Lee Ban Won?

“I learned a lot from Jung Hyuk, and it was a lot of fun when I acted.

Even so, I have never thought that I should decide something to act in this work.

I went to the shooting site, received what was brought from the other party, and when I feel the stimulus, react

Also, I think it's an inspiration...it's also an ensemble.

So I always enjoyed acting with Jang Hyuk. I don't know what is going to fly (laughs). Sometimes it hits the flying thing straight, sometimes it hits it again

Sometimes, it's a roundabout trip. I played like that. It was a "reciprocal exchange" by staring at each other and reacting. I think the exchange was really important. "

Source :https://mobile.twitter.com/chibichibijapan/status/1269657522949873664

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

The recent Japanese magazine has an interview with Yang Sejong too and this is what he said about JH.

How was your collaboration with Jang Hyuk, who played the charismatic dictator Lee Ban Won?

“I learned a lot from Jung Hyuk, and it was a lot of fun when I acted.

Even so, I have never thought that I should decide something to act in this work.

I went to the shooting site, received what was brought from the other party, and when I feel the stimulus, react

Also, I think it's an inspiration...it's also an ensemble.

So I always enjoyed acting with Jang Hyuk. I don't know what is going to fly (laughs). Sometimes it hits the flying thing straight, sometimes it hits it again

Sometimes, it's a roundabout trip. I played like that. It was a "reciprocal exchange" by staring at each other and reacting. I think the exchange was really important. "

Source :https://mobile.twitter.com/chibichibijapan/status/1269657522949873664

The translations are always weird haha. I find that it has something to do with how Koreans speak culturally that just cannot be directly translated. There’s a lot of cultural usage of words and phrases that only make sense in the language’s origin! That’s the beauty of it. But anyway I think I roughly understand what he’s trying to say. Almost like sparring - you bounce your performance off the other person. I think that’s how actors gain their energy. When the other person does so well, it inspires themselves too to just feed off the energy from each other. They become less self conscious and they just get into the zone. I rmbr when JH acted with JNR in FTLY that’s how he described the acting rship too. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Reading past entries. I’ve read some of you are thinking about watching Kingdom. I love Kingdom, I really love it, so I'd like to give my two cents. Because it was my first kdrama, and it’s still the kdrama I enjoyed the most among the (very few) ones I’ve seen. But now that I’m a little more familiarised with kdramas, I’d say that Kingdom doesn’t really feel like a kdrama. It’s simply a classic zombie film that happens to be set in the Joseon era. A very well done horror film, but with all the topics and tropes of that kind of fiction (and some of the tropes of kdramas, as well), including the power-hungry, cunning and evil-beyond-redemption beautiful young queen. If you like horror films, you are going to like it, because it’s very well made. For me, it was the perfect “comfort” television for times I don’t want to think too much: intrigue and tension, some political scheming, lots of blood and gore, no romance at all, and people in beautiful oriental robes fighting with even more beautiful long swords. And of course, Prince Chang, who I think it’s the only man I’ve ever found attractive wearing a “gat”. I loved every piece of it. 

But there’s nothing more in Kingdom. Well, you always could do the political metalecture of the corruption of power and zombies being symbols of whatever; but it isn’t even worth it. Kingdom is for watching it with lots of popcorn and enjoying the gorey trip. But if you don’t like that kind of gorey trips, maybe you are going to feel disappointed with it. 

Finished Money Flower yesterday. Thoughts later, when I have the time. Only one thing: I was waiting for that scene you said that cleared up that Pil Joo and Mal Ran never slept together, but I didn’t see it. On the contrary, the scenes in episode 20 and 21 confirmed it to me. I suppose it’s all open to one's own interpretation. I talked about it with my mum and she had the same conclusion. Well, actually, she was even more harcore than me in this issue. According to my mum, Pil Joo was also sleeping with Secretary Ahn, she was all: “Why is she helping him with his revenge? It makes no sense at all. Is he sleeping with her as well?”. And I was all: "Mum, please, you're embarrassing me":sweatingbullets:

Definitely, we are not made for understanding the Korean celibacy :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

The translations are always weird haha. I find that it has something to do with how Koreans speak culturally that just cannot be directly translated. There’s a lot of cultural usage of words and phrases that only make sense in the language’s origin! That’s the beauty of it. But anyway I think I roughly understand what he’s trying to say. Almost like sparring - you bounce your performance off the other person. I think that’s how actors gain their energy. When the other person does so well, it inspires themselves too to just feed off the energy from each other. They become less self conscious and they just get into the zone. I rmbr when JH acted with JNR in FTLY that’s how he described the acting rship too. 

So it's not just JH that is so vague and unclear, it'a the way things are phrased in Korean that are so different than English... It's very confusing... Thanks for the clarification!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Akhmatova said:

According to my mum, Pil Joo was also sleeping with Secretary Ahn, she was all: “Why is she helping him with his revenge? It makes no sense at all. Is he sleeping with her as well?”.

Not necessarily, IMO.  If a man like PJ approached me to help him, I might just fall under his spell and charisma.  That's just how weak I am, and IMO secretary Ahn doesn't look to be stronger than me, lol... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

So it's not just JH that is so vague and unclear, it'a the way things are phrased in Korean that are so different than English... It's very confusing... Thanks for the clarification!

According to Gumi, JH is harder than average to translate. 

@Akhmatova @AgnesO

I assumed he planted secretary Ahn there. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

According to Gumi, JH is harder than average to translate. 

@Akhmatova @AgnesO

I assumed he planted secretary Ahn there. 

Yes, I assumed the same thing. And I'm sure my mother was joking when she said what she said, but it was a very WTF moment for me, discovering that -related to Kdramas- she has even a dirtier mind than me :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

10 hours ago, Akhmatova said:

she has even a dirtier mind than me :sweatingbullets:

Me too have the same thinking as your mum but my mind isn't dirty :lol:I wished PJ has a girl. He's so lonely, so broken, so in need of someone to console him, comfort him, encourage & support him. Who in that house is more suitable than Secretary Ann? She's the only woman available there...lol...& I kinda like her for her loyalty to PJ. But then again, whoever lives in that household hasn't got privacy freedom. You see the people just walk in & out of PJ room. I wonder if it's not k culture to knock & seek permission first before entering someone bedroom??? :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2