32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Wow! I think you are right... This is what we always hear about JH- that he is the same as he was when he started. That he didn't let fame change him...

Now I noticed- the actress that played with him in Volcano high is the same actress from Oh my venus! That surprised me cause I remember this award show when they announced the best couples and both she and JH were called to the stage, though as part of different couples. I remember thinking that for sure they didn't know each other cause they didn't interact at all on stage. Now I see that they spent a year together filming :) so odd! 

Shin Min-ah starting her career at Sidus. So when they do VH the're in the same agency.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Here is another video. My goodness, if he spent months filming this, no wonder he felt it was too long. It looks like physical torture. I’m really a bit shocked. I had heard about this but never actually saw the footage myself. I believe Christine uploaded only today. Here you can see him losing consciousness again. 

He almost drowned right? Having to film so many hours in the water + he doesn't swim.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh... I was just surprised that they completely ignored each other on the stage, now that I know that they worked together...

Sometimes is just to avoid the unnecessary gossip. Perhaps K media isn't as bad as C media. C media, you just need to say something abt your female co star, the gossip will come out immediately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Here is another video. My goodness, if he spent months filming this, no wonder he felt it was too long. It looks like physical torture. I’m really a bit shocked. I had heard about this but never actually saw the footage myself. I believe Christine uploaded only today. Here you can see him losing consciousness again. 

I've watched some of these clips before, and its still difficult to watch even now.  His endurance is really :thumbsup: He really suffered in this movie.  Even now when he talked about it, he still feels the hardship he experienced at that time. My goodness, from the way I see it, I'm glad he didn't suffer serious consequences after that.  I like to see his character get hurt in dramas/movies, but not in real life :frown:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

For me, it’s a progressive level..from..I’m not gonna cry..to my eyes are watery..to oh no I’m sobbing. At one point I was upset that MY is like..”I don’t want t meet you.” Then you see LG all upset....Then seeing him not being able to love her is like... “I am about to chop onions!” Then when MY watches the cam recordings she cry, my tears start running. Then when LG say he doesn’t have the rights I just full on like burst into a fountain of tears...Now my eyes feel sore...:tears:

Wow you’re quick! Have you been marathoning the whole drama on Sunday? Haha. Yessss end of episode 17 and early episode 18 was heartbreaking.. coupled with Ailee’s song... and the powerhouse acting of JNR and JH, just ripped our hearts apart. The FTLY ride is just so wonderful isn’t it? You feel the highs and lows so whole heartedly together with the leads. 

@corey lady in dignity doesn’t really have romance per se. It’s more of the married life of a successful lady and how her world is turned upside down by someone mysterious. But there is budding romance somewhere in between (without giving too much away). It’s a high quality makjang, just like money flower, but less business-sy and more women-focused!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Biology Lesson A comment actor Heo Joon Ho (LYO’s dad) made about JH, having worked with him in Volcano High and Beautiful Mind. 

Something else I admire about JH is how nice, gentle and protective he is towards younger actors who do action scenes. It’s like his experience makes him want to make it less excruciating for others. Good thing is the industry has evolved too. I’m still appalled at how “safety precautions” in K-industry used to mean “everyone rushes to wake you up and ask, are you ok?” 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I miss watching Tell me what you saw  on weekends..:dissapointed_relieved:Tell me what I should watch....:dissapointed_relieved:

I went to watch old dramas and discovered 2 of my favourites are coincidentally directed by same person who did Voice! Black and The Guest, really good. For ongoing ones I am planning to continue Memorist and Hospital Playlist. Maybe will try the 365 days one too. Oh yah and I am watching Kingdom season 2 now after bingeing season 1 over the weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corey said:

I started "The world of the married" - Ep 1 and 2  aired this weeked. It is the first K-Drama rated 19 that I am watching. SO far, quite gripping. Apparently it is a remake of a British drama. I am also watching "I'll go to you when the weather is nice" with Park Min Young - but it is soooooooooo slow, so it may be not to everyone's taste. Some forum users were recommending "Rugal" but since it is an OCN drama, I said no thank you very much, no more OCN dramas for me. Also a time travel drama 365: Repeat the yer. I started watching, but the first episode was too convoluted for me (I have a very short attention span, ha).

Heard that the World of married is good and its ratings jumped up a lot after the first ep. But from the title I don’t think it will suit me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Ah..they are both good ocn series. The guest by the way..they are planning to make a movie which will be directed by the same director. 

Thats why I keep saying it’s not the  director’s fault that many ppl here don’t like MJH’s character in Voice.     He is able to do good shows if the script is right. 

The guest movie by the same actors? I like KDW but not KJW. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Thats why I keep saying it’s not the  director’s fault that many ppl here don’t like MJH’s character in Voice.     He is able to do good shows if the script is right. 

The guest movie by the same actors? I like KDW but not KJW. 

Hmmm the thing is, its a matter of taste. I just think the Voice PD does not focus on aspects that some of us care about. But a lot of people like his dramas so I guess there are things he does well and is able to connect with a good amount of people. So I don’t say “he sucks” it’s more like “he is not my style” And of course the writing is possibly the most important factor why I didn’t like MJH. 

BTW Voice is now available on Netflix for the US region (It’s probably not news but I just found out) 

@Sushimi I didn’t like CJH too much as Daniel Pitt but he grew on me in the drama “Tunnel”. I now have a soft spot for him. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Hmmm the thing is, its a matter of taste. I just think the Voice PD does not focus on aspects that some of us care about. But a lot of people like his dramas so I guess there are things he does well and is able to connect with a good amount of people. So I don’t say “he sucks” it’s more like “he is not my style” And of course the writing is possibly the most important factor why I didn’t like MJH. 

I'm with you. I didn't like The guest either. It had the same format as Voice, and at a certain point I found myself bored out of mu mind while watching it. The only show in the list that was mentioned that I liked was Black. That show even had a little bit of romance to it and was funny. So I think the writers do have a part in making this director's shows better...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I miss watching Tell me what you saw  on weekends..:dissapointed_relieved:Tell me what I should watch....

I tend to have different tastes then most on here but I'm currently watching and enjoying:

The World of the Married

I'll Go to You When the Weather is Nice 

365: Repeat a Year 

Hi Bye, Mama! 

Hospital Playlist

Kingdom 2

Rugal (Not sure I'll continue this one but the first episode was okay, albeit very violent)

• Like 1

@Sushimi As a JH fan I have my very particular reasons to almost “hate” Voice lol. I watched it while it aired and there was so much hate towards JH’s character at first that it tainted my experience. I was really surprised to learn later that he actually gained new fans through Voice and that a lot of people liked him because from what I saw as initial reaction I thought everyone would be “ok” with him not returning for S2. I’m talking of course about casual viewers, not already established JH fans

Now, his character was loud and unlikable at first. Im perfectly ok with that, he has played obnoxious unlikable before and its typical to have both male and female characters be flawed at the beginning and then we see them evolve. Problem is, MJH didn’t change much. Sure he stopped being a burden and rebelling against the female lead but that’s all. 

I do not expect all dramas to focus on the leads but, Voice could’ve easily added 1 or 2 tiny scenes that indicated more bonding between him and Kang Center. Not much is required. I don’t know if you watched Secret Forest. Many people love that drama, I thought it was alright but I did like how, even though the drama focused on the case, the bonding between the leads was given some space. You honestly don’t need more than two scenes or dialogues to establish that. 

I bet if I wasn’t a JH fan (I prob wouldn’t watch Voice) but if I did, since I do like the crime genre in general, I would’ve just focused on victims and the killer and be ok with it. The drama’s victims were “ok” and some actually very compelling.  But being a JH fan and knowing what he is capable of, to see him constricted or actually neglected with such a shallow character that any actor could’ve played was upsetting. To see him getting hate for it was even more upsetting. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

To be honest at the end of the day, it's entirely down to personal preference. Directors are not nessesary to be blamed even the writers, it's all just the taste buds. No matter what one say the other who doesn't like it will still dislike it and find fault in it no matter what.

Obviously it's a matter of taste. While TMWYS was being aired, I would constantly see posts of people saying that Voice 1 was the best OCN show. So, obviously you're not alone in liking that show. I hated it, which is why TMWYS was to me  a pleasant surprise, if still not everything that I wanted. 

On another subject, now I understand why this specific training was a piece of cake for JH :)

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@corey Robbers is not an “easy sell” as far as JH dramas go. Oh Joon is unlikable, a bit repulsive at first, and the drama is old. I love it but I can totally understand when others don’t. In fact, if I recall correctly I also kinda hated it the first time I watched it. It disturbed me. Now it’s my most rewatched drama, don’t even ask me why

Ok, kindly remind me what else have you watched from JH? I get confused with all the stories we’ve shared. So, WOL (where you didn’t pay attention to JH), FTLY, SOGC and TMWYS is what I remember you mentioning

If you haven’t tried Money Flower or Beautiful Mind, those would be my recommendations. Also My Country (although I think you are watching that slowly) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Heard that the World of married is good and its ratings jumped up a lot after the first ep. But from the title I don’t think it will suit me. 

It's from Beautiful Mind PD. kind like cheating husband strong wife drama I guess.

And KBS re-airing DOTS. Watching that while surfing the net. this drama kinda unforgettable for me except the real life drama that follow after that. haha. Song Joong Ki is only flower boy that i like but not a fan of Song Hye Kyo. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Looks like this fight scene was done in one shot ! JH uploaded this different angle... 

I was looking (more) at the girls running behind. 1 of them almost fell....

9 hours ago, Sushimi said:

To be honest at the end of the day, it's entirely down to personal preference.

Definitely! Some of us like romance, some like thriller, some like ghost stories, some like law genre. It's so individual. Even if we both like the same drama, we'll also have different views on why the actor did this, did that. I know I tend to blame the writer for a bad script but to some audience, it's the perfect script. Some of us like happy ending, some like sad ending, some like open ending. The ending I hate most is no ending. It just end out of nowhere that doesn't indicate if they're separated or they're together.

7 hours ago, corey said:

What is worse, I started Robbers... and stopped after 15 minutes or so.:tears:... Seriously, is there something wrong with me, not being able to focus?

I couldn't endure Robbers too. It's 1 drama I'll never rewatch. I don't know is it the acting, is it JH look in there, is it what or what but I just dislike it.

Sometimes I ask myelf, is it I like JH or I like the characters he plays? By right, if I like JH, I should like his acting in all his work right? But I don't. I dislike Gaekju, I dislike Robbers, I dislike WOL. Or maybe I don't dislike Oh Joon, don't dislike Bong Sam, don't dislike Chil Sung, but I really dislike the drama. Haiz...how contradicting!

• Like 2