So, I watched the second episode of the action show and it was really interesting! There are six teams on their first mission, and only two got to show their sequence in this episode, so I guess, the other four will do their's in the next episode. I liked how supportive the teams are of each other, and how professionally they judge. It was nice to see these guys get some recognition. 

As to JH- he was professional and supportive. As expected - he values moderate stunts with good acting and good plot better than flashy stunts in a predictable plot. He's kinda subdued since I guess he doesn't know the two directors. They seem to be respectful of JH, but I kinda wonder why they never worked with him... Maybe the rumor that CTH mentioned, about martial arts directors not wanting to work with him cause he's too good is true... :D All in all, a nice show, but I would love to see JH interact more with the teams.

On a another subject- this is off topic, but I wanted to share that I finally managed to finish another non-JH Kdrama! :blush: I was bored so I decided to watch Mr. Queen, as it was recomended to me by my brother. To my surprise I really enjoyed the first two thirds of the show! it was fun, had a great plot, likable characters and, shockingly, it was even sexy as the characters showed desire and passion (and slight perviness :) ). It kinda reminded me of the first part of SOGC, but with better plot and less yelling :) The lead actress was fantastic- very believable in her funny masculine tough role (much more than lee Honey in The fiery priest and Jang Nara in Hello monster) I thought her character was fantastic- funny, lusty and bold. but that did highlight my problem with female characters in Kdramas in general- I mean, the only reason she got to be funny, lusty  and bold was because she was written as a man! That kinda took away from my enjoyment at first, but as the show progressed, and the female was more melded with the male, I enjoyed the show more and more. I even thought that this show will become rewatch material for me!

But then came the last third of the show...

the last third of the show was still fun, but the plot got messy as: (a) it couldn't decide on a bad guy  (b) there were too many pointless injuries and sequences- the whole "the queen looking for the king with her maids" sequence was a waste of time. (c) the jumping back and forth in time at the end really ruin the tension of the show to me as it took me out of the show...

At the end I can say, that, even though the show was enjoyable, it ended up being forgetable for me and not a show I would want to rewatch... a pity... 

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson I agree on Mr Queen. The leads had chemistry but definitely the best character and acting was from her. I also liked and was pleasantly surprised by their sexy moments. It took me a bit to get into the drama at first, but overall I enjoyed it. Would I rewatch? Also no but I’d recommend for people who enjoy kdrama, romance, comedy and historicals. Also would recommend to fans of the female lead who have not watched it yet. I’d love her to work with JH. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I agree on Mr Queen. The leads had chemistry but definitely the best character and acting was from her. I also liked and was pleasantly surprised by their sexy moments. It took me a bit to get into the drama at first, but overall I enjoyed it. Would I rewatch? Also no but I’d recommend for people who enjoy kdrama, romance, comedy and historicals. Also would recommend to fans of the female lead who have not watched it yet. I’d love her to work with JH. 

Getting into the show took me a while too! I nearly stopped during the first episode. For sure the biggest weakness of the show was the modern part. Also, completely agree that the lead actress was the best actor in it! I also would love to see her acting with JH. In a comedy would be great! She could definitely go toe to toe with JH, and she completely commits to being ridiculous :D

• Like 2

While other terrestrial SBS and MBC succeeded in producing box office hits, KBS did not have a so-called "big hit" in 2022. 

The Monday-Tuesday drama "Curtain Call," which was the last Monday-Tuesday drama runner this year and became a hot topic with colorful casts such as Ha Ji-won and Ko Doo-sim, has also not caused much repercussions. Although the actors' performances were impeccable, KBS is expected to deepen its agony over the grand prize trophy as there is no overwhelming work in terms of ratings or topics. 

The majority of weekday dramas fell into a slump with 1-2% viewer ratings. Among the Monday-Tuesday dramas, "Love as the Law" starring Lee Seung-ki and Lee Se-young and "Bloody Heart” starring Kang Han-na and Jang-hyuk recorded relatively high ratings, while among the Wednesday-Thursday dramas, "Real Sword Match" starring Do Kyung-soo and Lee Se-hee. 

As Ji Hyun-woo received the grand prize trophy for the weekend drama "Gentleman and Lady" last year, speculation continues that the grand prize may come out in the weekend drama again this time. Yoon Si-yoon, the main character of "Present is Beautiful," is expected to be the most likely candidate for the grand prize.

Joo Sang-wook, who showed a charismatic performance on KBS 1TV's "Taejong Lee Bang-won," is also mentioned as a candidate for the grand prize, but it is difficult to predict the results easily as the work was embroiled in controversy over animal abuse. 

The grand prize may come from another KBS filial son, the daily drama. Cha Ye-ryeon, the "Golden Mask" and Park Ha-na, the "Father of the Typhoon," who participated in the KBS drama again, led the work with stable acting skills. 

Attention is focusing on who will be the winner of the grand prize at the 2022 KBS Acting Awards, which will be a close match in a different sense.

Meanwhile, the 2022 KBS Acting Awards will be held at 9 p.m. on December 31.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Prettysup said:

The promo team really like our JH a lot? A bit misleading there? LOL

Think they had to do that as the ratings for Super action is really low.. I thought the content is interesting but I guess the time slot is bad.:cold_sweat:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000662494

But Hyuk continues to catch people's attention ..

Screenshot-20221207-104747-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20221207-104226-Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

While other terrestrial SBS and MBC succeeded in producing box office hits, KBS did not have a so-called "big hit" in 2022. 

The Monday-Tuesday drama "Curtain Call," which was the last Monday-Tuesday drama runner this year and became a hot topic with colorful casts such as Ha Ji-won and Ko Doo-sim, has also not caused much repercussions. Although the actors' performances were impeccable, KBS is expected to deepen its agony over the grand prize trophy as there is no overwhelming work in terms of ratings or topics. 

The majority of weekday dramas fell into a slump with 1-2% viewer ratings. Among the Monday-Tuesday dramas, "Love as the Law" starring Lee Seung-ki and Lee Se-young and "Bloody Heart” starring Kang Han-na and Jang-hyuk recorded relatively high ratings, while among the Wednesday-Thursday dramas, "Real Sword Match" starring Do Kyung-soo and Lee Se-hee. 

As Ji Hyun-woo received the grand prize trophy for the weekend drama "Gentleman and Lady" last year, speculation continues that the grand prize may come out in the weekend drama again this time. Yoon Si-yoon, the main character of "Present is Beautiful," is expected to be the most likely candidate for the grand prize.

Joo Sang-wook, who showed a charismatic performance on KBS 1TV's "Taejong Lee Bang-won," is also mentioned as a candidate for the grand prize, but it is difficult to predict the results easily as the work was embroiled in controversy over animal abuse. 

The grand prize may come from another KBS filial son, the daily drama. Cha Ye-ryeon, the "Golden Mask" and Park Ha-na, the "Father of the Typhoon," who participated in the KBS drama again, led the work with stable acting skills. 

Attention is focusing on who will be the winner of the grand prize at the 2022 KBS Acting Awards, which will be a close match in a different sense.

Meanwhile, the 2022 KBS Acting Awards will be held at 9 p.m. on December 31.

Isn't this article interesting? Bloody heart is one of the two shows with the highest ratings, but for some reason JH is not even mentioned as a candidate for the grand prize... So suddenly it's not all about the ratings?! I wonder who makes up the list of who is likely to win... Clearly, JH is not a favorite of his...

9 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Think they had to do that as the ratings for Super action is really low.. I thought the content is interesting but I guess the time slot is bad.:cold_sweat:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000662494

Not surprised about the ratings- it's hardly a sexy show. It seems to be more directed towards the industry

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Isn't this article interesting? Bloody heart is one of the two shows with the highest ratings, but for some reason JH is not even mentioned as a candidate for the grand prize... So suddenly it's not all about the ratings?! I wonder who makes up the list of who is likely to win... Clearly, JH is not a favorite of his...

Well, even though Bloody Heart had the highest rating among KBS mini series, 8.9% isn't exactly a runaway winner. A rating difference of 3-4% isn't that significant I would say. Unless it hits something like 15% or 20%, then I would say it is a sure winner.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Well, even though Bloody Heart had the highest rating among KBS mini series, 8.9% isn't exactly a runaway winner. A rating difference of 3-4% isn't that significant I would say. Unless it hits something like 15% or 20%, then I would say it is a sure winner.

I agree, and still, why wouldn't he even be in the list?

Just now I saw this post saying kmedia's prediction are always wrong, so maybe it's just someone shooting in the dark, making sure not to hit JH 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree, and still, why wouldn't he even be in the list?

Coz that show is not even buzz worthy or he is not even the male lead? I also hope they are wrong and we can have a surprise! Anyway here is another analysis of this year’s KBS awards.

——

Although KBS Drama Bureau has no mini-series hit drama this year, the year-end awards ceremony will still be held. It can be seen as rewarding the hard work of the actors and staff, but the main purpose is the advertising revenue. Broadcasting companies obsessed with advertisements are likely to continue live broadcasting this year.

KBS recently announced that the "2022 KBS Acting Awards" award ceremony will be held from 9 p.m. on the 31st December under the auspices of broadcaster Jeon Hyun-moo and actress Lee Hye-ri. To mark the end of the year, as in previous years. 

KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama "Bloody Heart” which recorded 8.9% (National Standard for Nielsen Korea), starring actors Lee Joon, Jang Hyuk, and Kang Han-na, has the highest ratings in the mini-series. Among the works that kept the channel's pride, there are KBS 1TV's historical drama "Taejong Lee Bang-won" (11.7% of viewership), which resumed in five years, and KBS 2TV's daily drama "Red Shoes" (19.6%). However, even this is not solid compared to the mini-series in terms of completeness because "Taejong Lee Bang-won" had controversy over animal abuse at the time of airing and "Red Shoes" was a daily drama. The weekend drama of KBS 2TV, which was called the "Viewership Guarantee Check," was also evaluated as not as good as before. 

Last year, the "2021 KBS Acting Awards" was also a fog award ceremony with no obvious one to win the grand prize, but there was a weekend drama "Gentleman and Lady" on KBS 2TV, which had a viewer rating of more than 30%, and the award was surprisingly given to actor Ji Hyun-woo. This year, the value of the target is undervalued compared to MBC and SBS no matter who receives the grand prize, as it is a "bad harvest" situation where the value of the target is more difficult to increase. Moreover, even though there were no box office hits last year, KBS gave out a lot of joint awards. In that way, the sharing ceremony was continued due to the joint award abuse, and there was also a time drag that easily exceeded 240 minutes. In order to increase more advertising revenue, the longer the broadcast time, the more advantageous it is, so it was intended to cross the appropriate line.

• Like 1

Welp that whole KBS award press has become rather depressing and underwhelming. It seems like whoever wins won’t be an actual “winner” according to them. How annoying can they be? They should go ahead and judge “quality” since ratings mean nothing this year (to think that Beautiful Mind deserved recognition based on writing and acting but had zero chance due to ratings) If JH attends the ceremony, I hope he looks beautiful and we get good pictures. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Welp that whole KBS award press has become rather depressing and underwhelming. It seems like whoever wins won’t be an actual “winner” according to them. How annoying can they be? They should go ahead and judge “quality” since ratings mean nothing this year (to think that Beautiful Mind deserved recognition based on writing and acting but had zero chance due to ratings) If JH attends the ceremony, I hope he looks beautiful and we get good pictures. 

Agreed. These articles are really mean. They are not even trying to refer to the quality of the shows, only addressing the ratings. Very disrepectful... 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

[Chaos Portal x Jang Hyuk] First release of "The Grim Reaper" TV CF, officially released on December 15th!

You can click the subtitles auto translate button next to CC to understand what he is saying.

So cool! Looks like a young Park Gye Won:fullofhearts: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1