@Biology Lesson You could be right that he and Joonkook are not as close as we may have led to believe. I mean who knows right? I personally don’t even know how they met. I think he is probably closer to CTH but maybe they don’t hang out together anymore. Although they did mention hanging out with their wives and kids. I mean we all have those kinds of friends, from school or college that we might keep in touch at least once a year, maybe we say “Merry Christmas” to them, with some we grow apart in views and level of maturity, with others we feel as we never separated as soon as we meet, we are “still” friends but we are not part of each other’s daily life, etc So who knows what is the reason or level of these dude’s bond. But anyway, have you watched Family Outing? I thought the two shows with JH were hilarious even though he got teased a lot. Those shows are the reason I got to appreciate the Dragon Bros dynamics but I wonder what your take might be. I still prefer when he gets teased affectionately but where you can feel the respect and love (like the example that was posted before, with the actor from “Ordinary Person”) That guy is such a good, well respected actor, and I like how affectionate he is towards JH even when he teases him. 

• Like 5

Someone posted on twitter that TMWYS was top trending on naver alongside with Jin Seo Yeon and Sooyoung(Where is our JH? Grrr...:lol:)

Hillariously Jin Seo Yeon's husband and Jung Kyung Ho are also among trending topics(Where is our JH's wife? Grrr...:w00t:).

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Someone posted on twitter that TMWYS was top trending on naver alongside with Jin Seo Yeon and Sooyoung(Where is our JH? Grrr...:lol:)

Hillariously Jin Seo Yeon's husband and Jung Kyung Ho are also among trending topics(Where is our JH's wife? Grrr...:w00t:).

Well Im kind of glad that the drama has a hook besides JH (more possibility of ratings) and did JH show up on ep1? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

But- about how long he can talk... We also hear stories about how his friends and colleagues would have to listen to him talk FOR HOURS and I'm often amazed by the fact that they wouldn't cut him off and just listen and I kinda sympathize :) . Listening for hours is not easy.

He's just too passionate to share about his work & he can go on for hours, without realising that it hurts people's ears. :DNot intentional but there are just people who don't realise that. JH may be just 1 of them.

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have a friend who has a similar tendency; she's smart, insightful and very knowledgeable, and- she can talk for hours... I remember going on a several hours drive with her and she spoke through the entire thing! At a certain point my brain simply couldn't take it anymore and I simply nodded off :D but she continued talking! I think both of them when they speak they lack awareness of the person in front of them because of their passion. So I kinda understand his friends when they say that if they see a call from him, they slightly freak out cause they know it means a conversation that will take hours! :) 

I feel you on this. Once I went on a trip with a friend & we drove. It was to be a 3 hours drive. She insisted we prayed so that we will have a safe smooth journey and we ended up praying for 3 hours in the car! :o 

9 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Haha yes, those who haven’t watch shall be forewarned. His friend does makes fun of him (I honestly felt it was tactless and rude, this isn’t a variety show or chat, it’s a press con for goodness sake), and if you think you’ll be annoyed then don’t watch! I hope someone does some video clippings of just his part. But he does give a very in depth analysis of his views of the show. I think even the director couldn’t articulate it that well, and JH wanted to add on some thoughts after the director answered the question , for the reporters to better understand the show. Because they were comparing it to Voice. He said that in Voice it was like a 911 rescue team (I agree), whereas this they are using combining profiling with psychology to identify and catch a criminal who has gotten away. 

And yes, I felt that the press con was quite boring because not many spoke of substantial stuff about the show but just making jokes mostly. However Soo Young did say some nice things about JH and she comes across as grateful and respectful to him! 

I think his friend just want him to stop talking but it doesn't come out nicely. Instead it seemed tactless and rude. For us (who are his fans) sure want him to not stop talking but if in a group of people, esp for those who are close to him, might think "not again".....

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life I was disappointed in his friend’s comments. I might be misinterpreting or missing something due to lack of context regarding their friendship and/or cultural context, maybe, but I know they are friends since the university.

But it does come across (to me) some feeling of jealousy towards JH?

8 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I too felt same but I have been hesitating to bring this topic in this thread. In my opinion RSS's behaviour towards Sooyoung was inappropriate on many levels. He shouldn't have mentioned her idol past in the press conference. Idol actors(specially someone super popular like her who are not considered conventionally 'attractive') recieve overwhelming amount of negativity for trying to branch out into acting. She left her agency to seriously pursue acting and had difficulty in getting projects(one of her pre-produced drama has been shelved). He should've praised her just as an actress like JH did specially because the press conference is a formal event. But he made it look like there is nothing worth noting about her accept her status as GG member. 

Celebrities not only need to know how to be good in their craft, they also need to know how to speak. When to say what & when not to say what. In this aspect, I have much respect for JH. He isn't critical of other people. He gives people a platform to retreat. This I feel, many (even popular celebrities) ought to learn from JH.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson You could be right that he and Joonkook are not as close as we may have led to believe. I mean who knows right? I personally don’t even know how they met. I think he is probably closer to CTH but maybe they don’t hang out together anymore. Although they did mention hanging out with their wives and kids. I mean we all have those kinds of friends, from school or college that we might keep in touch at least once a year, maybe we say “Merry Christmas” to them, with some we grow apart in views and level of maturity, with others we feel as we never separated as soon as we meet, we are “still” friends but we are not part of each other’s daily life, etc So who knows what is the reason or level of these dude’s bond. But anyway, have you watched Family Outing? I thought the two shows with JH were hilarious even though he got teased a lot. Those shows are the reason I got to appreciate the Dragon Bros dynamics but I wonder what your take might be. I still prefer when he gets teased affectionately but where you can feel the respect and love (like the example that was posted before, with the actor from “Ordinary Person”) That guy is such a good, well respected actor, and I like how affectionate he is towards JH even when he teases him. 

We really can't know what is the reality of their relationship, besides what we were shown in the shows we've seen. For me, the constant targeting of JH by both CTH and Joonkook made dragon club something I don't enjoy re-watching. I much rather rewatch Real man and Urban cops. 

As to the two Family outing episodes- I think because JH was so uncomfortable on both those episodes, I'm uncomfortable watching them. The first one much worse than the second one. It did reveal to me that JH is very mission oriented. He loves getting missions and executing them to the best of his abilities. But since in these shows the emphasis is not on the mission as it is on being funny while doing it, you could see how lost he was, and I felt for him, cause I probably would have felt the same. If I'm not mistaken, he did those shows at the request of Joonkook, as was  the case with Running man, so I didn't like the fact that Joonkook didn't even try to make him feel more comfortable, nor did CTH in the second episode. They again reveled in his discomfort. It was actually Yoo Jae-suk that helped loosen JH up, and I actually love their interaction- they are really cute together!

But there was one moment that I thought showed the real friendship between the three guys and maybe the real dynamics- during the ridiculous competitions they had in the house I think, there was a moment in which JH went off to the back and sat alone, you could see him in the background. A few moments later Joonkook was with him, and he had his arm around JH's shoulders. A few moments later CTH joined them, they spoke a bit and CTH started laughing, leaning on JH leg (again, the repeated theme of people touching JH :) ). I think that moment was a real moment, while the rest was playing it up to the camera, and using JH as an easy target, which I didn't like. It feels like Joonkook and CTH are kinda immature, like puppies, while JH is the sober mature friend, that has to suffer their antics.

JH said that there is another club (the "shy club"?) that he is a member of  with the actor from Ordinary Person and other actors. I have a feeling that he is closer to those guys...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

11 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I think he wasn't a lot in the episode today. I think most of the episode is the meeting with the girl and recruiting her due to her memory.

Though he did appear in the show- here's a short clip OCN released- 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Lol. His wife is not a celebrity to be a trending topic. K media always respected the celebrity spouse and family to not exposed them if they do not wish to.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Lol. His wife is not a celebrity to be a trending topic. K media always respected the celebrity spouse and family to not exposed them if they do not wish to.

Jin Seo Yeon's husband is not celebrity either. So why did he trend? ;)

• LOL 4

2 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Jin Seo Yeon's husband is not celebrity either. So why did he trend? ;)

People are probably finding her hot and want to know everything about her? She looks badass in the previews. I hope to like her in the show. Let’s give JH some time to do his thing and also make it to the trending lists and if not, its ok, he is a generous guy who probably doesn’t mind sharing the spotlight sometimes. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Well Im kind of glad that the drama has a hook besides JH (more possibility of ratings) and did JH show up on ep1? 

His screen time is as little as YBW in my country in ep 1 or even lesser.. But I think he will have more scenes in ep 2.

My favourite scene in ep 1.. 

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

36 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I didn’t want to say it but I “felt” exactly this. It made me worried that JH might be “too nice” and not see that some of his friends are not as generous as he is with them (but I keep hoping this is just us, getting on protective mommy mode and overreacting. Basically, I wish to be wrong in this particular case) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

People are probably finding her hot and want to know everything about her? She looks badass in the previews. I hope to like her in the show. Let’s give JH some time to do his thing and also make it to the trending lists and if not, its ok, he is a generous guy who probably doesn’t mind sharing the spotlight sometimes. 

Come to think of it, what is the significance of "trending"? Remember that he trended first many times during My Country but that meant little in terms of ratings. Also, looking at many of the comments on social media when pictures of JH from the new show started to come out, many people were shocked that JH had long hair, so obviously they knew nothing about MC, so- is trending that important?!

• Insightful 2

27 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Not jealousy but to a little extent there can be presence of envy although it's completely natural to have conflicted feelings for the friends. I think it's similiar to envy that we feel towards our siblings. I used to believe that I had fair control over my emotions but still there were ocassions when despite being extremely happy for my friends I had little bit unreasonable resentment for them in unknown dark corners of my heart. In such movement I would feel the strong urge to belittle them or I would become passive-aggressive. After those few dark seconds I used to become normal and hated myself for harboring such feelings. I think it was because of my competitive nature in past coupled with rather low self-esteem. Constant social comparision with friends can further intensify this emotion.

But still this sort of envy only flickers for few seconds and person can safely return to his/her normal mode.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

27 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

My past two comments were joke !

• LOL 2

10 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

That was because Jin Seo Yeo and Sooyoung appeared in a popular JTBC variety show yesterday, that's why they were in the trending list. I didnt watch it but I guess they talked about the 2 gals' partners in that show.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I just watched the first episode. Not bad! Definitely hoping for more JH but I'll be patient... It's probably due to his mysterious nature that they didn't want to reveal everything about him at the get go, and build the backstory for Cha Soo Young first. But we definitely should be seeing more of him I'm sure in today's episode. Btw I must say both actresses did very well too. Hope we see great chemistry from this whole cast! I just hope it was a little darker haha... not as "scary" as I hoped for but not sure if they meant it to be very scary? 

As for the ratings, not as high as I would have loved, but I think gotta acknowledge that it is in tight competition with Itaewon Class, which has very high ratings. So I suppose the ratings will definitely be affected some way or another due to running on the same timeslot on Saturdays. I do hope it slowly builds up like Voice! Voice started with 2.3%, I read and peaked at 5.7%. Not sure whether this can achieve what Voice did, but fingers crossed, because the cast is very talented. 

• Like 4