@budgerie I agree! I found ep 2 more entertaining than ep 1 (also there was more JH)

About the “logic” of the drama, Im trying to ignore the flaws (for now) because I want to appreciate the character development (which at least for now, looks more promising than Voice)

but yes, Lol! As much I tried to not expect logic, my brain automatically questions things like, how was that interrogation room so unguarded etc ( but Voice was so bad in this sense too, so my expectations are low)

Spoiler

OTOH when I saw OHJ going for the killer instead of going to his girlfriend, my thought was, that it reflects the type of guy he is, he is that “cool headed”, and made a conscious choice to go after the killer first. I think this may give him an additional dose of guilt, regarding his fiancee’s death.

The way he waited until Sooyoung was well inside the building to start helping her also gave me this idea that he is slightly “psycho” himself. He seems so excited and amused when she said she found so many bodies! He does remind me of LYO during first episodes. He is all about the chase (until that brief moment where his tears reveal empathy) Well this must be what JH was referring to when he said OHJ lost the capacity to feel “pain”, he has become even more callous but it seems he always had a tendency to be so cerebral that “feelings” and “emotions” were considered a “weakness” to him (not sure though, I hope following episodes reveal more)

Again, I enjoyed his dialogues with Sooyoung. I am a bit underwhelmed by his scenes with Team Leader Hwang so far. There isn’t a hint of affection between them and that is bothering me somehow. I know they are both “cold” and tough cookies but I want some hint of the friendship that they might’ve had?  

Aaaaannnd can they show him on some more domestic situations? I want to see how he manages his daily life, I want to see him eat! 

What  was that thing next to his bed? Some kind of monitor? 

Also, did anyone notice what kind of pills he takes? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I haven't watched episode 2 so I'm commenting based on ep 1. The writing isn't exciting enough to draw me (if I am not a JH fan). I would switch channel. I would rather they start with sweet moments between the character of JH and his fiancee (memory flashback) and she got killed. That might got me interested to know why she got killed and what happened to him. We know the sypnosis because we are JH fans so we read up already. But for those random viewers who switch from 1 channel to the next, the starting of ep 1 isn't an attraction.

The genre itself isn't a "well liked" genre in general. Plus ep 1 lacked the excitement and suspense. Let's hope the story gets more exciting.

At least rating is up I heard from 2% to 2.8%

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

About the “logic” of the drama, Im trying to ignore the flaws (for now) because I want to appreciate the character development (which at least for now, looks more promising than Voice)

Yes it does. But I also hope that more "logic" in the story esp this type of drama. If it's a love drama, love all you want but in this type of genre - can't have silly writing.

6 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

but yes, Lol! As much I tried to not expect logic, my brain automatically questions things like, how was that interrogation room so unguarded etc ( but Voice was so bad in this sense too, so my expectations are low)

Makes it so unreal right? Interrogation room so unguarded, police station anyone can just walk in to wear someone's uniform. And I still don't understand that part when SY was inside the sewerage, the people outside couldn't communicate with her because no network or ....but why OHJ can? Did I miss any thing? Isn't he even further away than the people outside?

• Like 1

@budgerie Yes logic is absolutely necessary in this genre. Those flaws and plot holes totally ruin these for me. The reason Im avoiding using my brain too much is precisely because I know how bad kdrama tends to be when it comes to logic lol Its frustrating so Im saving myself (some) pain by trying to ignore almost everything about this drama except the “emotional” aspect. So far, its working but not sure I’ll be able to keep this up lolol 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@phoenix24 Rating went up to 3.3 for ep 2 

oh that's even better not sure where my friend got her statistic from, but happy nonetheless.

I also notice some of plot holes, but just keeping an open mind to see if they'll improve.  As long as it has one saving grace like you said such as emotional or character development, then it's all good.  Waiting to see how my friends react to drama to have a better view on general feel.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie Yes logic is absolutely necessary in this genre. Those flaws and plot holes totally ruin these for me. The reason Im avoiding using my brain too much is precisely because I know how bad kdrama tends to be when it comes to logic lol Its frustrating so Im saving myself (some) pain by trying to ignore almost everything about this drama except the “emotional” aspect. So far, its working but not sure I’ll be able to keep this up lolol 

I agree that logic is generally necessary in this genre, but from what I've seen of OCN shows, they do not excel at the logic department. I think I will be letting go of my expectation of the show to make sense, and I'm just gonna concentrate on the characters. More specifically on JH's character :) He's so epic in this show... 

• Like 4

What’s everyone’s (Spoiler-free) take on the second episode? is it better?? I haven’t Had the time to watch it yet but just trying to get a feel of the sentiments in comparison to episode 1.

also, I am teeny weeny hoping there is a change to JH’s character direction and the image with him trimming his hair. Haha. Or maybe it just got too long that he needed to maintain it like when he first started :huh: 

• Like 2

Spoiler Alert: 
Also I think there were questions about his Physical state of being. I think we have the answer in this variety show game they were playing: (you’ll need to translate or get someone to translate though) 

There is a video here of this part with Chinese subs. Basically Sooyoung needed JSY to guess the word 'sunglasses', but they  could not hear each other with the headphones on so it got quite funny.

CSY : Jang Hyuk !

JSY : Wound ?

CSY : Jang Hyuk !

JSY : Jang Hyuk ?

CSY : Wears !

JSY : Jang Hyuk what ? 

CSY : Wears!

JSY : Big ?

CSY : Ah...

JSY : Jang Hyuk is very big ?

All laugh

CSY : Jang Hyuk senior !

JSY : Jang Hyuk senior ?

CSY : Wears this !

JSY : Jang Hyuk senior is very big ?

CSY : Jang Hyuk senior wears this on the set. What does he wears on his face?

JSY : His face is very handsome?

CSY : Ah !

JSY : No (shakes head)

All laugh.. So Jang Hyuk is not handsome? Hahahaha...

CSY : On the face! He wears this!

JSY : Face is handsome ? 

CSY : Ah

JSY : No (shakes head again)

All laugh and clap hands again.. Jang Hyuk being defeated twice

CSY : Eyes eyes eyes

JSY : His eyes cannot see

CSY : So he wears this

JSY : Sunglasses!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree that logic is generally necessary in this genre, but from what I've seen of OCN shows, they do not excel at the logic department. I think I will be letting go of my expectation of the show to make sense, and I'm just gonna concentrate on the characters. More specifically on JH's character :) He's so epic in this show... 

What's with his drama these days? MC - time department not effective. This drama - logic department not effective. Hahaha! No doubt we can concentrate on OHJ character but if the drama is "logicless" how to watch? Lol.

8 minutes ago, budgerie said:

What's with his drama these days? MC - time department not effective. This drama - logic department not effective. Hahaha! No doubt we can concentrate on OHJ character but if the drama is "logicless" how to watch? Lol.

I don't think it's "his" dramas that are the problem. I think it's just that most Kdramas are not that good. I can't seem to find a single one that I can bear watch beyond the first few episodes.  So at least JH's presence makes the show bearable and lifts its level. Even if the shows are not that good, JH makes sure to make his characters extraordinary! Look at Voice- most of us can't stand that show, and yet most people loved that show and JH's portrayal...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Phew! You scared me! :) I thought he cut it short...:sweatingbullets: I'm really loving his long hair, and I'm considering serving a petition to demand that he do at least one romantic role with that long hair before he cuts it! :D

Actually I was wondering if that guy who was doing sit ups just below him would get rained on by his perspiration..hahaha! Well, you know he sweats alot during boxing..lol!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

His hair still seem to be long after the cut.  My friends don't like him with long hair.  The comments on site I watch most of my kdramas seems to be good overall.  Actually, more in these two eps than some after entire series.  Here are some of the comments though.

--I don't know who is more creepy, the detective or that so-called criminal?

-with jang hyuk s i exepct the drama to be awesome.

-That first episode was fire

-Jang Hyuk is perfect for that role, just like Jin Seo Yeon

-this already out... omg i'm in school too much dramas I don't wanna be behind in school but I still wanna watch =( ...

-What's with the hair-style and that 90's look? Must woman detective looks like that?

-2 of my favorite things, jang hyuk and ocn!

-

WTF 26 minutes to hear and get a glimpse of the myth, the man, the legends voice..... damnit, i knew i shoulda waited until tomorrow to watch 2 episodes.....

That one cop gives off the i'm the secret serial killer vibe.... could be just me , good writing to throw me off or just my imagination... who knows.

-I thought it was just me
I rlly think he’s part of it , he can even pass as the dude who killed seung hwan
and he could be helping ‘the guy’

-Jang Hyuk is enough to watch this drama

-OK. so close range communicators didn't work, but something like a hands free phone worked underground? Is that technically possible?...

-I'm giving this drama two thumbs up!!! 

-Jang Hyuk signature laugh Started off really good. Can't get enough of it

-this is so good

-omg just only 2 episode but story line totally good..

****so maybe we're tougher than some other audience and worry ahead****

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@phoenix24 Thanks for posting the comments. I do think posters are sometimes tougher than the audience as a whole.

Viewers are all different. Me? I'm easy. I watched 25 k-dramas last year and enjoyed them even though most were full of tropes, plot holes, questionable acting, logic fails, etc. I watch, enjoy, and don't think much and then come online, read the discussions, and question my life choices :lol:

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, qynn said:

@phoenix24 Thanks for posting the comments. I do think posters are sometimes tougher than the audience as a whole.

Viewers are all different. Me? I'm easy. I watched 25 k-dramas last year and enjoyed them even though most were full of tropes, plot holes, questionable acting, logic fails, etc. I watch, enjoy, and don't think much and then come online, read the discussions, and question my life choices :lol:

Lolllll In not as analytical or smart as others. Thats why my brain only notices the super obvious holes not all of them. But I love it when reading commenters allows me to see beyond what my eye noticed. Sometimes I “perceive” something, I respond emotionally but I can’t figure out “why” and then someone else eloquently explains my feelings and I love it, it gives me peace :lol: This can apply to both flaws and also good aspects in a drama that I had not noticed (this I actually love more, when commenters help me appreciate a drama or characters) btw I feel that OHJ affected me more than I thought because I keep thinking about him trying to figure him out

• Like 5

Copying my post from the other thread. Like @budgerie  saves time to rewrite since my opinions are the same haha. 
——————

Just watch the second episode and it definitely is ramping up in excitement level compared to the first!!! 

Like @dramafan33, I loved the analysis some of you gave of the show and of OHJ too. Please keep em coming! 

What I’m loving so far:

1. Oh Hyun Jae and Jang Hyuk of course! Even in his state, he still conveys so much charisma and gravitas. Still fingers crossed he will leave his “factory” LOL and be involved with the outside world somehow! 
2. The underlying healing storyline that I think is what the show is developing. When she fell from the pipe, Soo Young’s flashback of her mum and then her will to get up again was very emotionally engaging. The song that played when she came out of the sewerage is also a potential OST hit I can imagine! It already has a good hook. And lastly, the bond that Hyun Jae and Soo Young will form, even though they will rarely see each other, I hope we can start seeing a lot more trust and vulnerability shown to each other. It seems like their relationship will be what heals them, or perhaps they will find their own healing through the process of it. 

3. They started making it darker. Significantly more thrilling than the first. But understandably so since the first episode was to set the background story. 

I want to start guessing who the the killer may be, but then again part of me doesn’t want to be hung up on that idea because then I may ruin the surprise for myself and take away the fun. Ah the dilemma haha. Or perhaps it’s just a red herring. Do you guys think that the writers have an inkling that viewers might be guessing someone as a killer? And are purposely leading us on? I wonder if they consider the psychological state of audience when watching the show too haha and intentionally mislead. 

• Like 7