❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Ji Sung And Jeon Mi Do Are More Than Meets The Eye In Posters For

Ji Sung And Jeon Mi Do Are More Than Meets The Eye In Posters For "Connection"

SBS’s upcoming drama “Connection” has unveiled new posters!

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, an ace detective of the narcotics unit who becomes forcibly addicted to a drug. Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper. The drama is a collaboration between director Lee Tae Gon and writer Lee Hyun, who previously worked together for JTBC’s “Diary of a Prosecutor.”

The newly released solo posters depict the sharp contrasts between the top and bottom of the posters, raising anticipation for the addictive suspense drama.

Ji Sung transforms into Jang Jae Kyung, an ace detective of the narcotics unit who is trusted by his seniors and respected by his juniors within the police force. The poster highlights both the strength and anxiety of Jang Jae Kyung, who becomes forcibly addicted to a drug by a mysterious person. The upside-down top half of the poster shows Jang Jae Kyung saluting in formal police uniform along with the text, “I’m a drug-catching detective,” while the bottom half shows an anxious Jang Jae Kyung with the text, “Not a detective who does drugs,” raising anticipation for Ji Sung’s contrasting portrayal.

connection-1-.jpeg

Furthermore, Jeon Mi Do plays Oh Yoon Jin, a reporter of Anhyun Economic Daily who boldly stands off against old-fashioned remarks regardless of the person’s rank and has realized that money is the greatest thing in life. Oh Yoon Jin smiles brightly on top of the poster next to the text, “It’s the major league over there,” but the bottom side of the poster captures a haggard looking Oh Yoon Jin as money comes raining down along with the text, “But this life is always minor,” raising anticipation for Oh Yoon Jin and Jang Jae Kyung’s “Connection.”

Spoiler

connection-2-.jpeg

The production team shared, “The two solo posters are the first faces of ‘Connection’ and valuable material with important keywords hidden within,” raising anticipation for the premiere.

“Connection” will premiere on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656300wpp/ji-sung-and-jeon-mi-do-are-more-than-meets-the-eye-in-posters-for-connection

• Like 1

7 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

SBS drama Connection JiSung still cuts, broadcast on May 24.

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. The new stills feature Jang Jae Kyung being specially promoted to

inspector for his outstanding performance in apprehending criminals. This will be at 10 p.m. KST.   :hypehype:

0001717940_001_20240423091103447.jpg?typ

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/311/0001717940

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ji Sung Salutes In Front Of Colleagues After Being Specially Promoted In New Crime Thriller Drama "Connection"

Spoiler

20240423083408_Ji-Sung-01-1.jpeg?s=900x6

SBS’s upcoming drama “Connection” has dropped new stills featuring Ji Sung!

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper. The drama is a collaboration between director Lee Tae Gon and writer Lee Hyun, who previously worked together for JTBC’s “Diary of a Prosecutor.”

Ji Sung plays detective Jang Jae Kyung, the leader of the narcotics team at Anhyun Police Station, who is respected by his juniors and trusted by his seniors within the police force.

The newly released stills feature Jang Jae Kyung being specially promoted to inspector for his outstanding performance in apprehending criminals. Dressed neatly in his police uniform, Jang Jae Kyung receives a badge that symbolizes his appointment as a police inspector in front of his colleagues.

Ji-Sung-02.jpeg

Jang Jae Kyung stands to attention and salutes with a determined facial expression to his seniors and juniors who give him applause.

Ji-Sung-01.jpeg

Ji-Sung-04.jpeg

Ji Sung remarked, “I think it would be great if you watch the drama while thinking about Jang Jae Kyung’s struggle and the root cause of the various actions that he will take as he gets entangled in an incident.” He added, “The actors and staff are filming each and every scene with great care, so please show lots of interest.”

Ji-Sung-03.jpeg

“Connection” is set to premiere on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

*** As seen in the latest stills, Ji Sung looks polished and dapper in a police uniform as a high-ranking official. He's playing an interesting character in the series. I'm happy that I will get to see Ji Sung return to a drama as the upcoming series premieres on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST. I missed him............ it's been quite a while after  "Adamas." It's a relief that he has been active on social media.   :kicks:

connection.jpg?w=820

Ji Sung Is A Narcotics Detective Who Becomes Forcibly Addicted To Drugs In

Ji Sung Is A Narcotics Detective Who Becomes Forcibly Addicted To Drugs In "Connection"

SBS’s upcoming drama “Connection” has unveiled its main posters!

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper.

Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

In the first of the two newly released posters, Jang Jae Kyung stares intently at some yellow pills scattered across a table at the police station. From far away, Jang Jae Kyung looks every bit the sharp detective ace that he is known to be, looking wary and composed as he inspects the drugs in front of him.

Connection.jpeg

However, a close-up poster reveals the troubling truth: rather than calmly examining the drugs, Jang Jae Kyung is unable to tear his eyes away from the pills in front of him. The detective also looks nervous and unstable, as if he is barely restraining himself from reaching out for the temptation that lies within arm’s reach.

The caption on both posters reads, “The narcotics team ace that has become addicted to narcotics.”

Connection-2-1.jpeg

The “Connection” production team commented, “Ji Sung is a meticulous actor who never does anything by halves. Even during the main poster shoot, he displayed just how meticulous he was and proved why he’s such a trusted actor.”

“Connection” will premiere on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1658418wpp/ji-sung-is-a-narcotics-detective-who-becomes-forcibly-addicted-to-drugs-in-connection

Ji Sung Faces Off With A Violent Criminal In "Connection"

20240503005201_Ji-Sung-1.jpg?s=900x600&e

SBS has shared a suspenseful new glimpse of its upcoming drama “Connection”!

“Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper.

Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Jang Jae Kyung faces off with a criminal in a tense encounter.

Standing in the dingy front yard of someone’s home, Jang Jae Kyung points a gun at a criminal and issues a stern warning with a fierce look in his eye.

However, instead of heeding his warning, the mystery criminal races towards Jang Jae Kyung—and the two men wind up in a physical brawl.

Ji-Sung.jpeg Ji-Sung-2.jpeg

According to those present on set, the cast was in awe of Ji Sung’s powerful acting while filming the scene.

“This scene filled with Ji Sung’s passionate acting was a legendary scene, to the extent where we can remember everything about that day—the temperature, humidity, and even the smell in the air,” said the drama’s production team.

“We hope that while watching the drama, the viewers will feel what the crew felt that day.”

Spoiler

Ji-Sung-3.jpeg

Ji-Sung-4.jpeg

“Connection” will premiere on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

• Like 2

*** Wahhh....... more posters and a new teaser have dropped for SBS’s upcoming Connection. Premiering later this month on May 24. This is one of my most anticipated dramas. Ji Sung manages to twist together something extra in the multi-strands of each character he tackles. This drama looks very thrilling and mysterious.  :heart1:

• Like 1

11 New K-Dramas To Watch In May 2024

May sees another wide variety of K-dramas to excite fans of all genres!

These are some new K-dramas premiering in May to check out:

“Connection”

connection.jpg

Korean Title: “커넥션”

Cast: Ji Sung, Jeon Mi Do, Kwon Yool, Kim Kyung Nam

Premiere Date: May 24

Broadcast Details: Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST on SBS

“Connection” is a crime thriller about Jang Jae Kyung (Ji Sung), a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit, and Oh Yoon Jin (Jeon Mi Do), an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works in the social affairs department of Anhyun Economic Daily.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

SBS drama Connection teaser poster, broadcast on May 24.

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. The caption in the poster also hints at their crucial role in the case, as it reads, “At the start of the connection was us.”  This will be at at 10 p.m. KST. Can't wait!   :blush:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ji Sung And Jeon Mi Do Are Entangled In More Than One Mysterious "Connection" In New Drama

20240506002210_Ji-Sung-Jeon-Mi-Do.jpg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “Connection” has released a new poster of its two leads!

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper.

Meanwhile, after the sudden and mysterious death of an old friend, former high school classmates Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin wind up becoming entangled in unexpected ways. Determined to crack the case, the two former classmates reunite for the first time in 20 years and forge an alliance.

The newly released poster offers a glimpse of Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin mid-investigation, with a wall full of notes and evidence revealing just how much time they’ve spent poring over the case of their classmate’s death.

The caption also hints at their crucial role in the case, reading cryptically, “At the start of the connection was us.”

Connection.jpeg

“Connection” will premiere on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Ji Sung Opens Up About The Struggles Of Playing A Drug Addict In "Connection"

20240507212104_Ji-Sung-2.jpg?s=900x600&e

Ji Sung has shared his honest thoughts on his role in SBS’s upcoming drama “Connection”!

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

Looking back on his experience playing Jang Jae Kyung, Ji Sung confessed that he struggled with many aspects of the role.

“Since I’d never played a drug-addicted detective before, it wasn’t easy to portray the character, and there was a limit to my imagination,” recalled Ji Sung. “So while acting, I felt as though I were hitting a wall. But I tried to pursue reality for some aspects [of my acting], while I left other aspects up to my imagination.”

“Unlike a movie, a drama’s pace is drawn out, so I worried whether [the portrayal of] drug addiction might grow exhausting,” he continued, “and I tried to approach the subject matter carefully. I also struggled with deciding how far I should go in terms of portraying the symptoms [of addiction].”

Revealing just how cautious he was in his approach to the role, Ji Sung added, “Although drugs are a crucial part of investigating the case in ‘Connection,’ I also thought that I shouldn’t depict them lightly or in a way that was too relatable.”

As for the character of Jang Jae Kyung, Ji Sung noted, “Jang Jae Kyung believes that friendship doesn’t exist, and while playing Jang Jae Kyung, I felt that this was sad and pitiful. I thought that he was a very lonely person.”

Ji-Sung-1.jpeg

In terms of how he prepared for the drama, Ji Sung shared, “Since I couldn’t actually try taking drugs, I did a lot of research [about addiction]. There were many aspects of the drama that were difficult and overwhelming to act out, so I tried my best to find the right level [of intensity] in terms of my acting. In order to show a weakened appearance, rather than working out, I pretty much gave up on the joy of eating. During filming, I ate almost only nuts in order to maintain [a low] weight.”

“‘Connection’ has a lot of powerful, weighty elements, such as a bad friendship between classmates and a police officer who is addicted to drugs. So I think viewers will find it entertaining, to the extent where you won’t be able to tear your eyes off the screen. As the time approaches for us to show you the results of [our labor], I feel both worried and excited at the same time. Right now, we need the viewers’ unsparing support. Please give us lots of anticipation and interest.”

Connection_6c3a0f.jpg

*** Rookie Seo Yi-ra to Star in "Connection" to work with Ji Sung in the drama. She plays the role of Oh Soo-hyeon in the work. Sergeant Oh Soo-hyeon is the youngest detective under the supervision of Jang Jae-kyeong (Ji Sung) of the drug crime investigation team at Anhyeon Police Station. I've watched her in "The Worst of Evil" and "Moving". "Connection" will premiere on Friday, May 24th at 10 PM KST.   :kaching3: