[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hihi! I managed to get home in time so for anyone who wants, I will be updating live here too! (though i'm not as awesome as to be able to provide dialogue translations heh)
The episode starts with the girls on the truck and Gaksital appearing.
Rie shoots at Gaksital. She thinks to herself "Please. I saved you once, don't make me regret it. 
She walks towards Gaksital slowly, still pointing her gun at him. She's so conflicted. 
Kangto thinks to himself "you know who i am right"
she thinks to herself "Why is it you? Why?"
With tears in her eyes, she lowers her gun.
The girls run away and Rie points her gun at them 
Gaksital grabs her into a hug and knocks her out at the same time. *jaw drop*
At the other side where the other girls are, the lady is getting anxious waiting for Rie so she tells the driver to move off first She even tells them to study hard. 
Shunji is at the hospital and Avbe runs in to tell him GAksital foiled the comfort women recrutiment. 
Murayama is raginig at all the policemen and he singles out Lee Kangto and starts to kick him. Kangto says he didn't know about the operation. I think Kangto said he was with Koiso but Koiso denies it (becasue he was aaway too) and murayama kicks kangto.. 
Muirayam tells the policemen taht if Gaksital appears once more time, they will face the consequences. 
Abe helps KAngto up and koiso kicks Abe. 
Shunji eyes Kangto suspiciously. Koiso asks Kangto to go buy 2 cups of ice coffe. Kangto turns around and smiles saying do you want  it sweet? 
Shunji frowns and says yes. Kangto says ok i'll be quick. Shunji looks like he's getting suspicious
the circus girls are safe back at the circus and are crying from the ordeal. 
The traitor girl tells them to keep quiet. 
Shin nan da says if not for gaksital. they would be done for. 
Mok Dan has a plan in mind. 
Rie is back at her room and she smashes the mirror. She says to herslef why are you scared? you've come this far. She turns to look at the roses kangto gave her and she throws them onto the floor. She says you think its fun to die? wake up rie! wake up!
Kangto is in shunji's office. they mention rara. 
Shunji sits kangto down to talk to him and gets even more suspicious. Kangto says you don't know the girl do you? Rie is korean. Both of them fake smile at each other. 
Shunji's phone rings after kangto elaves and its for a kishokai meeting. Shunji meets rie and asks her how did she fail to catch gaksital. Rie glares at him while Jun glares at shunji. [so cute, Jun! I feel bad for you T_T)
Rie says "please kill me, i failed" Taro is also sorry for failing. 
Ueno rages and say something about Gaksital and how something is not enough. Murayama says Gaksital must be gotten rid of. Ueno asks rie about Gaksital. Rie says she will catch him i think. 
Kinpei is asked for his opinion and every looks shocked when he says that a call was made.
Damsari writes to Mok Dan and says he will be back and that grandfather will be back. She asks who is grandfather. Boss Jo says you remember Master young baek? She says yes of course every joseon person knowns him. Mok Dan says Master yang baek is him? 
Ueno knows yang baek is soming back. Taro and muraryam are worried. 

Ueno says he will not have any more failures. Kinpei and Rie says they will kill him? I think Shunji wants to  be tasked with it instead. Ueno says I rather my daughter do it. He says you dont' know what yang baek's dream is. 
The madam of the club receive a letter from Damsari about Master Yang Baek, Tamao grabs the letter and she slaps him. he's stunned. 
she grabs the letter and calls for one of her men and she says she wants to go out. She gives him orders to entertain Tamao i think. she galres at tamao before leaving (poor dude i feel sorry for you)
Madam sasha goes to a place and there are a lot of people there drawing and painting the modern day korean flag. 
she calls one of them and she passes the letter to him. 
Shunji does a presentation to the police on Yang Baek. and his background info.
Other photos of yang baek's acquaintances are also shown. Wada looks like he is panicking but Taro is nonchalant about it. I think Murayama and Taro want to take down Yang Baek and gang but Wada is apprehensive about the rammifications
We cut to Mok Dan asking Boss jo about Yang Baek and he asks her who the "friend" damsari refers to is. Mok Dan smiles and says it's someone we are thankful to. 
She tries to call Kangto but he's been demoted and it's koiso who picks up instead. Kangto notices and guesses that she called him so he leaves but Jun pulls up in front of the police station and says Rara wants to meet you. 
Kangto meets her at the hotel. 
They look at each other and she thinks back to the forest where she lowered her gun and she asks if you found out about kishokai. she says you are lee kangto and you worked for the empire..she asks why are you...does that even make sense? I dont want you to die so i was like a fool. (i dont think she asks outright that he is Gakstial but he implies it)
Kangto says even if i die, it's worth it
she says are yo a fool? do you like dying? (oh man both of them have tears in thier eyes)
she says i tried to kill the girl you love, don't you want to kill me?
he says he worruies about her and he says i can trust your heart right? you will choose the right path. He says think about it well, you must live for your family (or something along this line)  
he turns to leave but rie stops him. i think she says that you will die if you carry on.
Shin nan da, seonhwa and mok dan are copying some notice in a room. i think it may be something about annoucing the return of yang baek. It's basically a flyer to warn girls of the false promise of high wages if they sign up to be nurses. 
shin ann da and seonhwa are about to go out to distribute the flyiers when mok dan opens the door and dumps right into shunji. 
She hurries seonhwa and shin nan da out of the room. 
Shunji gives her suspicious looks then he notices the bruise on her face. she says what do you want. 
she gives him tea and he says don't you want to sit? do you hate me that much. 
he says you called? your father? you didnt get a call from him?
she says you came to ask about my father?\
he starts to interrogate her. creepy smile from him =S He says damsari and gaksital are in cahoots and yang baek is coming,. are you curious. 
kangto is about to open the door to mok dan's room when he overhears mok dan telling shunji to leave. shunji threatens her and he says why do you love gaksital? Ah...it's cos he's a joseon person. 
She says yes he's a person worthy of my father's friendship. She says do you think i dont know how dong nyun a died? you think i dont know the things you did? 
shunji looks stunned to have been found out and he leaves. (dude, duh!)
Kangto comes out after Shinji leaves dejectedly and he goes in to see Mok Dan YAY!
THEY HUG!!!!! (butt screencap pls) @mrdimples
Kangto asks about her face she says thank you for staying alive. She talks about seonhwa and he says you must be careful ok? kekeke so cute.
she says now you are not alone and tells him that yang baek is coming back. He says yang baek?he will be coming back?? (he looks happy)
she says but how, shuinji is out to get him. kangto reassures her. THEY HOLD HANDS!
He says dont worry. you are my strength, (i think that's what he said but even if not, i'll take it as what he said lol)
Shunji starts to drive off but stops again. he looks very affected by what mok dan says to him. 
Shunji sees kangto leaving Mok dan's hotel and he is enraged that kangto lied about going away to get over mok dan. 
rie is in her hotel and jun is looking at her. he says who is gaksital. she asks him to go out. he says the chairman will be displeased. she yells at him to get out. 
Shunji has come to see rie. Jun glares at him 
She yells art shunji to get out thinking he's jun. both glare at each other. he asks how did gaksital escape? you better tell me clearly. 
she says something about the girls running away. he questions her and says are you hiding something from me. she says something like who ar you to question me. 
he says you swore to chairman that you will catch gaksital. she says you focus on your yang beak and leave gaksital to me. he says he will catch both. he asys something about lee kangto being gaksital and he will catch him. 
Count, countss, wada, taro and the education fund couple are having dinner.
taro looks worried, wada says dont worry about yang baek. count is afraid. he says who did you mention?? Countess is also afraid. she says did...did. you mention yang beak? 
Wada says why?
count says dont you know? if people find out yang baek is coming back, they will revolt against the empire!
taro says not to worry we will catch him. countess says something like why dont you know it, yang baek is not so easy!  
wada says no worries and they cheers, 
we cut to some guy in a tram and he's holding something. 
the street holigan who kangto beat up last time for hitting kangsan also boards and takes the package from the guy in the tram. 
people in the streets are passing things to each other. it's a ;eaf;et telling them to hold up the korean flag tomorrow.. Seonhwa and other girls  are also giving out leaflets. They are saying that the nurse recuritment is dangerous and is a lie.. The street holigan gives Seonhwa his lefalet and grabs hers from her and says i will help you give them outl 
someone is being paraded on the streets and the street holigan shouts long live joseon. they all hold out the modern korean flag. the person being paraded rips off the japan flag off his checst and cheers with the crowds too. 
the newspapers report about the incident and taro is raging at murayama. taro rages at shunji too and he says something about how the people were all doing it together? Wada knows this means the joseon people are working together and he wants them caught. 
the police start to go around catching the reporters and copiers.
taro and shunij are having tea with the newspaper chief 
Damsari is back and he is carrying luggage for a young couple. I think they are new characters? 
Wada is being suited up. The new couple appear and they signal to Wada's tailor. he welcomes them, and the lady says if something is ready. 
Mok Dan is in a room with Boss Jo and Sasha and suddenly, the new couple appear to meet with them,. (can i say the new actress is REALLY pretty)
She called sasah comrade and Mok Dan says thank you for coming. Boss Jo welcomes the guy. Damsari walks in with another guy in their disguise (still a beard lol) and Mok Dan is glad to see him. 
yang beak is next to him and damsari says greet your elder. Yang beak removes his hat in a totally stylo manner and they all greet him.
They share a group hug (awwwwww) 
some guy on the street is throwing newspapers on the streets about the comfort women and Kangto is PISSED
the newspaper chairman is laughing in his office and he is on the phone with taro. they must be plannig something devious again. 
Woosh! Gaksital throws a dagger roght next to him and the cairman is scared stiff he can only say gak.gaksital ahhhhhhhh
Taro calls shunji to let him know. 
shunji stands to leave and he says where is lee kangto!
abe says he's not here yet. shunji think about it and says koiso, gaksital appeared you bring the men! go!
Gaksital is chasing after the chairman saying how can you betray the daughters of our nation. i am here to punish you for your evil deeds!
the chariman meets his end. 
kangto sneaks back to the police station and finds shunji waiting for him, sitting there cross legged. shunji glowers at kangto. (OH MY GOSHHH)
Kangto is shocked to see him there. 
AND WE END THERE #$%^$&(*%$$##
Preivew: Shunji asks Rie "This is the last time i am asking you! is Lee Kangto Gaksital? (That scene was hot)
Shunji tells the chairman that he vows on his life to do seomthing. 
Mok Dan finds out that traitor girl has been following her and seonhwa. Sorry the preview was too fast and i was too taken by that hot scene between rie and Shunji I couldn't catch the rest lol. 
Comments:
I liked the scene between Rie and Kangto. She never explicitly asked if KAngto was Gaksital, only implying it so it shows taht she still ahsn't come to terms with this fact. Kangto is very open with her, chooosiing not to hide. I think he's nfound the goodness in him :) 
Shunji, you are just crazy,. How do you expect Mok Dan to even like you if you hurt her loved ones?! YOU ARE MAD
Not much for Mok Dan to do today again but I was happy for our short couple scene hehe. at least she had a plan to warn the girls about the fakes nurse recruitment!

I don't vouch for the accuracy of my translation because i've not learnt Korean before, it's just a rough gist of what happened heh. 

At the very last part, I think shunji confirmed his suspicions that KT is Gaksital. How he just have to catch KT when he is posing as Gakistal..OMG so much looking forward to epiosde 22. Hopefully ratings will not fall because of Arang...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Shunji wants to kill Rie, and asked her father for permission. I am curious whether he will say yes or no. And at last Mokdan discovers spy girls intentions. More Kangto x Mokdan tomorrow, although they;re holding hands again.

And SPY girl arrived! Yessss :)

*sigh* I am a Mok Dan Kangto shipper but tonight I have to concede that Rie and Kangto sizzle so much more:
Rie & Lee Kangto-when Kangto hit her on the neck and grab her into a hug when she lost consciousness. The way he held her against his body, OMGGGGGGGG!!!!!-when Kangto entered her room and just stood behind her. I could see smoke coming out of my screen-when Rie turned round and was just a 'hug' distance away from Kangto. I thought I saw electricity sparks emitting between their bodies-when Kangto looked so tenderly at her as he spoke, while she was in angry tears. Didn't understand a word but..............darn
Mok Dan & Kangto-when Mok Dan ran up(thank goodness) and hug him tight. I was squealing.-when Kangto looked at her bruise and cut lips, I melt
He did hold her hands but I prefer those from the previous 2 episodes and when he was looking at her face, I was screaming "Kiss her lips already, dude!" She will heal faster just like your thigh did. Shucks it never happen. In real life, you are dying to see your love and a body hug is all you do, come on!
Rie& Kangto wins this round

Guest sunshine4ever

Is my computer somehow bewitched? I kept clicking on this link: http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2012/08/15/bridal-mask-e21-updated-live/#more-26309 and it kept showing up episode 19 instead of 21? lol.

Anyway, I'm not going to be able to read any recap because morning for me is a multi-tasking transactions especially with feeding the rabbits and other pets outside for someone in my family because he's on vacation right now and/or breakfast. I have to say today's episode has a lot of other people in it. Even Kang To and Shunji didn't have much screen time. :D I like how we have our previews. Heh. Be back later to say something once subs are available. I must say that although I like Kang To & Rie's scenes together. I just love KT & MD's scene even though it's about 2-3 minutes again. lol.

For those of you who were requesting and/or looking for Bridal Mask's different Soft Subs versions, I have discovered this site has a lot of different versions of subs if you're interested in different versions. I am not sure where you can get the 1080p version, but I'm interested if you know a site to download it because BM involves a lot of actions and it'll be nice to have that version so you can see fighting scene clearer. If you know a site for it, please let me know.

Here is WITH S2's Bridal Mask different soft sub version site:
http://withs2.com/view/gaksital-the-bride-mask

Have a blessed night and a great morning everyone!

Just recently I was looking at my old posts to trace back when was the first time I came here but haven't found the post yet. I just realized that we, too, like the comrades in this drama had at least spent a lot of time together to watch this drama together. Even though I was on and off --- here and there---- because of life's activities, I still feel so blessed to spend my time in this thread especially with some of you who went to other site like Chinese websites and/or other recap site yet still spend time here. Thank you so much.

@mojobobo, are you Chinese or Korean? I thought you translated stuffs in Chinese before?!! *Shock* How were you able to translate their dialogues too? Thanks so much for updating us. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to read anything :(

Archived