[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

@mrdimples I cant agree more with you.

I lost the initial interest I had for Gaksital too. I dont know but its being repeating the whole KT vs SJ, KT being beating up, KT and Rie the same scenes almost, KT and MD being like  brother/sister, SJ being the possessive jerk and intruding KT x MD scenes everytime.

Sighhh, I want to see more more captivating moments, the writer spoilt the spark after Mokdan knowing who Gaksital is. I too want more sizzling scenes between these two.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I totally forgot another thing about ep 21. I know some are gripping that the show started with the scene of that young girl and her grandma sending her off. Gaksital always like to start the beginning not exactly at where they end off in the last episode but they backtrack a bit and sometimes more than a bit. However, I also notice that when they backtrack, they don't exactly show the same scenes, in fact they add more to the scene. Like in this ep 21, they showed more of the look on the young girl's face as she was said when she first waved good bye to her grandma then after that her face was so full of hope and dreams of a bright future(perhaps as if to tell herself all the pain of the separation from family is worth it).
I couldn't help but imagine that face, that sweet innocent face,  laying prone on some dirty mat, serving 30 or 50 men a day, a face that will be stripped of all emotions, humanity and life. A death mask. I really want to throw up. I don't know how these comfort women survivors live to this day but I can fully understand why time and again, this is a festering wound which cannot start its healing process until a genuine apology is made without any conflicting messages. 

TV Drama RatingsAug.15,2012Sources : TNmS Korea/eSports-I
Program - Network - Seoul Capital (%SH) - Seoul (%SH) - Nationwide (%SH)
2zyg9bt.gifBridal Mask - KBS2 - 23.1 (33) - 20.0 (27) - 22.6 (34)20f9rfp.gifArang and the Magistrate - MBC - 16.8 (24) - 20.8 (29) - 14.4 (22)295fytf.gifThe the beautiful You - SBS - 7.9 (11) - 6.8 (9) - 6.4 (10)
Joo Won's Puppy Eyes = WIN
2zi0th0.jpg

questions on my mind.

Shunji feeling a tad regretful that he killed the ahjumma. Really? How about Damsari? You seem quite ready to kill him although he is your potential father in law(eeww....way to start) and not to mention you promised Mok Dan many times to save her father's life.  Fool no one but yourself, schizo
Kangto making ice coffee for Shunji. Half expecting him to ask :double shot or single? Then pulls out a gun and complies(anyone wondered if they have a fridge in the police station and an ice cube maker I guess)
Mok Dan slamming a cup of tea onto the table for Shunji : You seriously want to marry this woman? She will cook all your sashimi to death with her fiery stares.
Rie grabbing her dried flowers and stomping on them. Can't you see the evil, Rie? Think of all those girls who you had a hand in helping to send to hell. Wake up. These fresh young girls will be dried and withered and stomped all over. Turn to the light, Rie, turn to Kangto's side 

Guest sunshine4ever

Yay for the rating! Hope it will continue to be this way. I can see myself watching 7 more episodes just fine. Since I'm on the 21st episode and I watched most of the moments of this drama. It rocks!

I didn't get a chance for episode 21 with subs yet. Praying tomorrow I can watch episode 21 + 22 with subs.

Some captures I like from episode 21. I know it had been posted before, but I wanted to say some stuffs about these captures.

This scene just cracked me up:
BM21_01.jpg
BM21_02.jpg
^look at her! She gets so emotional...I bet she knew who was inside so that's why she could not hold her emotionally shocks and fainted while he knocked her out
BM21_03.jpg
^ *dies* for this picture..if we didn't see the whole thing, we'd thought he was really holding on to her and hugging her *awww*

I haven't seen much of him in casual, so gotta love this:
BM21_04.jpg
He looks so tall and the clothes just look great on him...

And the hugging scene between MD & KT would have been better if he could at least touch her lips showing he cares about her lips (and what's wrong with them, haha) and maybe she could at least ease him up since he got wrinkles from him...why can't they just de-stress each other?! So short...2-3 minutes is not enough for me >___<
BM21_05.jpg
BM21_08.jpg
BM21_06.jpg
BM21_07.jpg
^ can you see his top and her pants? They look like they're a perfect match. If he just let her wear it, it'd make an awesome pair together since they're the same color.... :D

I downloaded a free graphic editor. So grateful. Now you guys don't have to see super huge screen caps! :D

Good night. <3 Good thing I'm still on Kang To and Mok Dan's ship. Hehe. The moment she met him I was like "oh my gosh" when I realized that she used to be like that with him when he was wearing mask. Just that now she knows that Lee Kang To is her Master, so she hugs him without even hesitating. Just the same way she hugged Bridal Mask (at beginning of episode 13) when she thought it was her Master. They're like super magnets. So inseparable that not even time could stop them.

I don't know about waning interest in Gaksital but I've been wanting to watch the show live instead of waiting for recaps like I did in the first half of the show! Perhaps it was more exciting because we wanted to see how Kangto would change and how he would be found out but now that we've seen that, there's no more anticipation?  
I know some scenes are repetitive but then again in reality, I think that's what would happen too. Shunji had not come to terms with the fact that Kangto was highly likely to be Gaksital. There was no cold hard evidence and you cannot condemn someone as guilty if you don't have any evidence. Sure, we can rely on circumstantial evidence to show that Kangto must be Gaksital because there was no other way he would have been absent during crucial moments but that calls for a few incidents to occur first, hence the repetitive cat and mouse game between Shunji and Kangto. 
Anyway, I expect things to progress even faster (even though sometimes we already complain about how certain things were missed out...) since we only have 3 weeks left after tonight's episode. Hang in there people!
And I quote Javabeans: 
"Another powerful episode, wrought with conflicted loyalties and half-victories. Because our good-evil lines have been drawn and our characters taken a stand in their corners, the plot trajectories are smoothing out a bit and getting less complex. The trade-off, then, is that the characters’ trajectories are getting more twisty, particularly with Rie’s growing confusion about where her loyalties lie, and even Kang-to’s own connection to her turmoil. And that’s some of the show’s best stuff."

After watching Ep. 21, I have to say I couldn's feel any sparks in KT's eyes when he went to see MD and even after being hugged by his beloved MD.  KT looked completely worn out and seemed too tired to even hug his beloved MD (note: he didn't hug her as tight as he used to).  Yet on the other hand, MD looked completely radiant and acted like a little girl in front of KT (she looks completely like a woman in love to me).  Also she looked more excited than KT when they were together this time.  I actually felt more sparks in MD's eyes than KT in this episode.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying KT's love for MD has changed.  I also don't think it has anything to do with Joo Won's acting ability.  I think it is simply that Joo Won is just way too tired to look lovey dovey in this episode.  I felt that Joo Won's exhaustion is beginning to transmit into the character of  KT.  In yesterday episode, KT looked pretty beat-up and his new hair style made him look even worse.....   [-X

I really feel sorry for Joo Won because he works really hard for this role.  He deserves better outcome.   I hope his exhausted condition will get improved in the following episodes.  As for JSY, I really think she is quite in tune with the character of MD these days.  She is not giving any less nor is she giving more than she should.  So I think she deserves some credits because afterall she is still a rookie actress.  

Love the Rie interactions with KT and (in contrast to) Shunji. Her character's conflicted heart is great and I'm positive she's going to redeem. Unfortunately, I'm also fairly sure she's going to die for KT by the end.

MD has become a secondary character. There's nothing to unique enough to differentiate her from the other freedom fighters. The only thing going for her as a main character was the love story which has gotten stale. It's probably because their love is unconditional and "perfect." People love to watch couple's imperfections and how two lovers cope with differences. Yet, where's the spark when there's nothing to ignite? I still wish she found out without him knowing so that she could observe both of his persona and be conflicted.

Otherwise, I'm content at the final stretch of the drama. I'm hoping Shunji finds out by episode 24. I don't think Rie will ever fully be part of the movement, but I'm anticipating a good Rie vs Shunji match up. And of course, I'm really interested where the bodyguard stands in all of this.

Why can't bridal has a double then no one can suspect kangto? Like that comrade who dressed as bridal mask in the last episode. If only his brother was still alive. Then they both can fight off those evil peoples. I pity those other girls who were sent to as comfort woman especially that young girl.
Anyways, shunji remind me of shin myun from princess man whose thoughts are fill with catching seungyo then die at arrows of his own people. I wonder if shunji will faces the same consequence. Can't wait until the next episode.

amlogos_10 said:

After watching Ep. 21, I have to say I couldn's feel any sparks in KT's eyes when he went to see MD and even after being hugged by his beloved MD.  KT looked completely worn out and seemed too tired to even hug his beloved MD (note: he didn't hug her as tight as he used to).  Yet on the other hand, MD looked completely radiant and acted like a little girl in front of KT (she looks completely like a woman in love to me).  Also she looked more excited than KT when they were together this time.  I actually felt more sparks in MD's eyes than KT in this episode.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying KT's love for MD has changed.  I also don't think it has anything to do with Joo Won's acting ability.  I think it is simply that Joo Won is just way too tired to look lovey dovey in this episode.  I felt that Joo Won's exhaustion is beginning to transmit into the character of  KT.  In yesterday episode, KT looked pretty beat-up and his new hair style made him look even worse.....   [-X

I really feel sorry for Joo Won because he works really hard for this role.  He deserves better outcome.   I hope his exhausted condition will get improved in the following episodes.  As for JSY, I really think she is quite in tune with the character of MD these days.  She is not giving any less nor is she giving more than she should.  So I think she deserves some credits because afterall she is still a rookie actress.  

Haha I liked this part of Javabean's recap:
" Shunji bursts out, “Are you still angry at me? Well, I’m angry at you too! You said you were mistaken, that you just thought he was your young master. That means you and Gaksital are strangers—but why are you trying to protect him? Ah, because he’s Joseon’s hero? That’s the only reason?”

Mok Dan fires back, “Yeah. He may have nothing to do with me, but he has risked his life twice to save my father. While the one I believed to be my friend toyed with my father’s life.

He plays the “I had no choice” card, which doesn’t work with her. Oh, and there’s another crime to add to the list: “Did you think I wouldn’t know about the woman who loved the motherless me like a daughter and took me into her family registry, Dong-nyun ajumma—and how she died?

Shunji leaves reeling from Mok Dan’s accusations. Ah, he hadn’t known of her close relationship with Dong-nyun, and tells himself, “If I’d known that, I wouldn’t have killed her.” Aw, so generous, this one."

Shunji, you are hopeless...OBVIOUSLY she's mad at you?!!? I'm SURE you would not have killed dong Nyun if you knew. No way. You would still do the same you psycho!

and aww to Mok Da who thought she had found a good Japanese. There's still Abe!

Guest tacvera

Just finished eng subbed Ep 21. Had watched it live last night. Both times, I was struck by something. Not sure whether it's just my imagination.
In the room where Shunji was briefing the other higher ups about Yong Baek etc, thought that the man in the the 2nd picture (after Yong Baek) looked like Lee Kangto, but he spotted a moustache. It wasn't Lee Kangto's father, was it? What was Kangto's father's name? Don't know how to post a picture.

tacvera said: Just finished eng subbed Ep 21. Had watched it live last night. Both times, I was struck by something. Not sure whether it's just my imagination.
In the room where Shunji was briefing the other higher ups about Yong Baek etc, thought that the man in the the 2nd picture (after Yong Baek) looked like Lee Kangto, but he spotted a moustache. It wasn't Lee Kangto's father, was it? What was Kangto's father's name? Don't know how to post a picture.

Archived