[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

@sunshine4ever, oops typo there I meant Shunji haha! What I meant was that Shunji's transformation was rather abrupt and it seemed like he became the way he was only because Mok Dan spurned him. I felt that the writer could have explored more about Shunji's family and the problems that existed. For awhile, Shunji's character appeared rather shallow because he seemed to be doing things only to get some reaction from Mok Dan.
 I guess they did try to show us about him finding out that Kimura Taro was not the cold blooded father he thought of but was someone who actually cried over Kenji but I felt that the impact was not as great. I'm guessing that in order to show the greater complexity Shunji is facing, there have been more scenes with Shunji appearing together with his father before Kishokai. This shows that to Shunji, his father is the only family he has left now and that he will try to protect his family even if it means betraying Kangto or doing things he never liked doing. It's also a bit sad because he said to Mok Dan that he wants to return to the old days of being a teacher (if she was by his side) and I think he really does want to go back to that live but right now he's just too far off the deep end T_T

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you guys notice the meeting with Ueno with Muruyama and Taro facing Rie and Kang-To and Jun standing behind them?! Oh man, what is going on? Kang-To now a full fledged Kishokai member and Rie is put in charge of catching Gaksital? *bite nails*

Did you guys notice the meeting with Ueno with Muruyama and Taro facing Rie and Kang-To and Jun standing behind them?! Oh man, what is going on? Kang-To now a full fledged Kishokai member and Rie is put in charge of catching Gaksital? *bite nails*

Guest sunshine4ever

@ mojobobo, I think Shunji can be redeemed if either Kangto and Mok Dan can talk some sense to him, but he doesn't seem to be the type that listens at this moment. MD left him and KT (I don't think he has that privilege since he was the one causing SJ's wound) can't either. Now I thought through about this, KT never told MD that he killed SJ's brother, right? Oh my gosh. If only KT tells MD, maybe she can do something about it because MD was never compassionate towards SJ, If she found out about this she'll be more compassionate towards SJ. But anyway, I think you're right about doing anything to SJ. I think he really can't be saved now. Unless some eucatastrophe happens to SJ. Now I understand what you mean. Yeah, I agree too that they should show more about SJ and his relationship with his dad and elaborate on how he needs to protect his dad and taking revenge for his brother to join Kishokai.

Okay, so reasons for SJ to be crazy and kill people seems to be: 1. To save MD 2. To protect his dad 3. To revenge for his brother...are there anymore reasons? I don't think any of these were clear to us.

I just wanna re-elaborate to make sure that's it means. Thank you for elaborating. <3

_EDIT_
I recently went to kites and saw some gifs of Kangto and Shunji. I think I might have to rewatch earlier  episodes again. It looks good on gifs. I want to see MD trying to kill KT too, hahaha.

I think its more than just protecting MD, dad, and revenge for is brother. What were KT's reasons for going crazy over bridal mask? Sure, it was for money for his family, but would catching bridal mask really have made THAT big of a difference to his paycheck? He was earning money anyway, didn't he say one more year and he would have enough for what he was planning?

There is something about the unknown that makes us wonder, and being denied the object of our curiosity can cause bad feelings, especially when competition and pride is on the line. I think shunji is going crazy for the same reason KT did: chasing after masked vigilantes does that to you.

(Please dont misunderstand and think I am giving excuses for his behavior. I am NOT. Just my idea of a thought process)

Guest sunshine4ever

vanillaplumeria said: I think its more than just protecting MD, dad, and revenge for is brother. What were KT's reasons for going crazy over bridal mask? Sure, it was for money for his family, but would catching bridal mask really have made THAT big of a difference to his paycheck? He was earning money anyway, didn't he say one more year and he would have enough for what he was planning?

there is something about the unknown that makes us wonder, and being denied the object of our curiosity can cause bad feelings, especially when competition and pride is on the line. I think shunji is going crazy for the same reaason KT did: chasing after masked vigilantes does that to you.

(please dont misunderstand and think I am giving excuses for his behavior. i am NOT. Just my idea of a thought process)

@vanillaplumeria and @sunshine4ever I think to Shunji, Gaksital was the reason for all his troubles, whether it was with his family or love life and career. To him, eradicating Gaksital would automatically put everything back in place (although we know that things don't work this way). He's a sad character too. 
Kangto's motivation for catching Gaksital was to prove that he was the most capable officer and thus the most worthy of promotion. At least if he caught Gaksital, the public will know he was the one and it sort of puts pressure on the police to promote Kangto since his promotion would be legitimate and not because of any bias towards the Japanese. 
So in a sense, Kangto was doing what he did for his family whereas Shunji is just doing this for himself. 

@sheza, I think that was Shunji sitting next to Rie, not Kangto :D

Guest sunshine4ever

@mojobobo  Oops, I just re-read your post and you posted that the reason for SJ to be the way he was because of BM. Haha. So sorry. It's late here so I read it wrong lol. Anyway, you just shut me up there. I'll accept that answer for now. Thanks for trying to make me feel willing about SJ's character before I go to sleep.

IMO, it's jealousy of MD's admiration and love for Gaksital. I think Shunji is having serious internal battle of whether Kang To is Gaksital or not. He wants to believe KT is not, yet all evidence is pointing to KT IS Gaksital. And should SJ be proven right, it's going to drive him up the wall because he lost his first love to his ex-bestie. 
His brother's death, father's previous demotion and what not are just excuses to cover up for his jealousy. Sure, SJ is a sad character, but to borrow some words from White Christmas (can't help it, coz am reading the recaps @ dramabeans lately), are monsters born or made?

@kooriyuki, I agree with you. Which is why I said this drama is about how people react to their circumstances. Sure, Shunji's bloodline does play some part but he was capable of making the right choices earlier so surely, he's sane enough to know what's right and wrong. 
Shunji thinks he's lost Mok Dan and he only has Kimura Taro and Kangto. He's already starting to lose Kangto and if and when he does lose Kangto totally, I can bet he will take the extreme end and fight to death for Kimura Taro. I don't know how the writer is going to redeem him if it is even possible but I hope it would be wonderfully executed.

Guest sunshine4ever

Bye guys...thanks for sending me to sleep with brilliant answers that I can't comprehend right now because I'm half-dead. Nevertheless, I just hope things slow down because I'm confused with a lot of things that happened in this drama due to its fast-paced.

sunshine4ever said: @ mojobobo, I think Shunji can be redeemed if either Kangto and Mok Dan can talk some sense to him, but he doesn't seem to be the type that listens at this moment. MD left him and KT (I don't think he has that privilege since he was the one causing SJ's wound) can't either. Now I thought through about this, KT never told MD that he killed SJ's brother, right? Oh my gosh. If only KT tells MD, maybe she can do something about it because MD was never compassionate towards SJ, If she found out about this she'll be more compassionate towards SJ. But anyway, I think you're right about doing anything to SJ. I think he really can't be saved now. Unless some eucatastrophe happens to SJ. Now I understand what you mean. Yeah, I agree too that they should show more about SJ and his relationship with his dad and elaborate on how he needs to protect his dad and taking revenge for his brother to join Kishokai.

Guest sunshine4ever

@ flipz, ah,..thanks for pointing that out. I just rewatched it and it makes sense now. I think she'd known for sure that the new BM is KT which is what SJ is looking for. Now that I recalled, in episode 8 or something when SJ was hugging her, he was looking for BM because BM killed his brother. Zone out time. Night everyone. It's actually not night anymore, but night for me cuz I need to go to sleep. Got work tomorrow. :D

Guest rynhanna

Joo Won latest update via twitter

지금 합천에서 촬영 중 입니다^^ 많은 분들이 구경 오셨네요~ 저도 사진, 싸인 해드리고 싶은데요ㅠ 상황이 해드릴 수가 없어요ㅜ 죄송합니다^^ 양해 바랍니다^^ 좋은 하루 되세요^^ 얍
could anyone translate?

rynhanna said: Joo Won latest update via twitter

지금 합천에서 촬영 중 입니다^^ 많은 분들이 구경 오셨네요~ 저도 사진, 싸인 해드리고 싶은데요ㅠ 상황이 해드릴 수가 없어요ㅜ 죄송합니다^^ 양해 바랍니다^^ 좋은 하루 되세요^^ 얍
could anyone translate?

Guest apache934

Good morning Gaskital's Fans

Thanks coolreborn & sunshine4ever

Mr.  Director   Seong-sik Yun  and Madame Screenwriter Yoo Hyun Mi look bright & beautiful

Thanks both of you because you make part of my life happy when I enjoy Gaskital

3 Gold  award  to Joo Won ( the best  actor ) , Park Ki Woong ( without you this drama would be boring ) and Han Chae-ah ( the more acting the more attractive )

Thanks Gaskital team ,everyone  's working hard ...thanks so much ...A really big Gold award to all of  you

Hello everyone , today Japanese are very nice and honest ...I really love  & respect  & miss them so much  ... because I used to go mamy countries ( my  tours)  I think Japanese is the best

Archived