ting_ said: Hi I have been lurking this past week and finally got the courage to pop in and say hi to all of you who love Faith as much as I do. I still cannot believe that the end is so near, and am fill with anxiety to know what fate awaits our Imja & Daejang. 
As the quote I have on my wall, 'Faith is an oasis in the heart...' Let's hope for the best for our beloved OTP 
If someone already shared this, my apologies:http://www.youtube.com/embed/HFdxPcroFpc
:)>- :)>-

myphim said:
ting_ said: Hi I have been lurking this past week and finally got the courage to pop in and say hi to all of you who love Faith as much as I do. I still cannot believe that the end is so near, and am fill with anxiety to know what fate awaits our Imja & Daejang. 
As the quote I have on my wall, 'Faith is an oasis in the heart...' Let's hope for the best for our beloved OTP 
If someone already shared this, my apologies:http://www.youtube.com/embed/HFdxPcroFpc
:)>- :)>-

Guest wisteria7

toychoi: under no circumstances would I want him to get hurt,but I think he's even more sexy and vulnerable when he trips. :\">

Guest ting_1430291984

Thanks for the welcome @myphim! 
I have lost count of the number of times I re-watched all 22 episodes of Faith...and each time you can see how the writer continually connects one thing from the other. To name a few: 1) Imja giving warmth to Young's frozen hand - Young freaked out with how cold Imja's hand was when she was poisoned the 2st time, telling Doc Jang that she is someone that's always warm & that he would know.2) At the suribang's place, Imja asked (along the line), "Are you there?" when Young was sitting outside the rm guarding her and Young replied, "I'm here." - When Imja told Young she'll call out at least once a day back in her 'world', "Are you there?" even if she knew no one will answer.

Guest liliz76

Still no spoilers ? :(  Since it's the last week, I think we will have nothing !XD
By the way, because of Faith I'm in *Lee Min Ho mode* !LOL.  I was thinking of watching City Hunter because Min Ho is so HOT and handsome in there !!!! (The story looks good too) :P . But I just want to knew is it a good ending ? I don't like dramas wiith a dissapointed ending :S That's why I hope Faith will have a good and happy one !! =D

Guest ting_1430291984

liliz76 said: Still no spoilers ? :(  Since it's the last week, I think we will have nothing !XD
By the way, because of Faith I'm in *Lee Min Ho mode* !LOL.  I was thinking of watching City Hunter because Min Ho is so HOT and handsome in there !!!! (The story looks good too) :P . But I just want to knew is it a good ending ? I don't like dramas wiith a dissapointed ending :S That's why I hope Faith will have a good and happy one !! =D

Originally, I was going to write another reflection on Faith in this thread, but got side-tracked while lurking at Joonni's blog. So I wrote this long rebuttal piece about Faith and Its flaws there under a different username. Since I was going to write a review of Gongmin's story arc here anyway, I'll re-post what I wrote at Joonni's here. 
I think the politics of the show and Gongmin deserve some love and appreciation. 

In short, Gongmin and Ki Chul are similar in that they want to “possess” people’s heart. Except Gongmin does it for the greater good of his citizens and Goryeo; not for personal gains. If we trace every decision made by Gongmin, we’ll see:

1) Sets out to win the High Doctor’s heart. That bet with Ki Chul in Episode 5 started it all.

2) Works to possess CY’s heart so he can fight for him. That famous speech about a king doesn’t need to fight; he needs to own and let his people fight for him. Start by owning Choi Young, and at this point, it’s still a work in progress.

3) Works to own the scholars’ allegiance. A royal court with no political advisors doesn’t add much political legitimacy.

4) Works to own the citizens’ heart by a) meeting them; hearing their grievances; B) creating policies to help those people such as abolishing slavery, working on land reform, etc…. This was shown when Gongmin was outside the palace meeting his citizens, and later common folks lining up to join the army in Ep. 20.

5) Works to win the ministers’ heart; those who own (or have consensus authority) to move the soldiers. From what I can gather, different clans provide soldiers. By persuading those ministers, Gongmin (and Noguk) persuades the soldiers to fight his battles.

Gongmin has done all of this without wasting a lot of lives. He wins the people’s heart through the power of persuasion.

In Ep. 9(?), where ES gives a little speech about how in heaven there’s democracy; an elected leader chosen by the people. There are debates and public campaigns to win people’s votes; bloodshed not needed in modern democracy. If we look at it through that lens, isn’t that what Song Ji-na is trying to convey? Applying a timeless political theory in an archaic world – at the end of the day, a leader can’t lead without the citizens’ allegiance. In Faith, we see an evolution of (inactive) citizens who now have faith in Gongmin’s reign, and in return, he is a symbolism for, of, and by the people. A contrast to Gongmin’s actions can be seen through Ki Chul’s and DH’s schemes. Ki Chul works to own people’s heart through brute force, intimidation and bribery. DH doesn’t care about the world. As long as he’s alive and well, the world can burn, a homeland can change its name; no care given.

People are jaded by that kind of attitude from political leaders, and Son Yoo’s speech – about the world consists of people like DH and KC and the rest are just dragging along – highlights that loss of faith in humanity. The antagonist of the story represents that pessimistic world view, while the protagonist represents a more optimistic outlook of the world – Gongmin moves to win his citizens’ heart one by one throughout the series; Choi Young and Eun-soo work to revive the meaning of truly living. If I feel inspired, I’ll give my view of Choi Young and Euns-soo’s journey to this point.

I’m not sure if the politics is really that simplistic, but I don’t watch that many sagueks to say otherwise. Maybe in this simplicity, there’s a consistent message Writer Song is showing us.

ETA: I think the political aspect of the show is done very methodically and kind of modern. It's really refreshing  compared to typical political fights seen in many sagueks. Just sayin :)>-

ting_ said: liliz76 said: Still no spoilers ? :(  Since it's the last week, I think we will have nothing !XD

Guest toychoi

luena said: ting_ said: liliz76 said: Still no spoilers ? :(  Since it's the last week, I think we will have nothing !XD

toychoi said: luena said: ting_ said: liliz76 said: Still no spoilers ? :(  Since it's the last week, I think we will have nothing !XD

Guest livon123

I am anticipating some sort of spoiler, gosh they keep us on the edge of our seat. I can't wait to see tomorrow's epi. CY and ES are they really going to head to heaven gates? At CY's current state can he protect ES and himself? ahhh FAITH fighting.