• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2017 at 1:05 PM, sia3 said:

@mythicalove

... and I miss him in this ...

credit as tagged

Will you look at that beautiful bling bling crystal clear eyes (and pupils moving around) and the perfect fringe (HAHAHAHA). I take any opportunity to swoon at E9 Daejang, if you haven't noticed, LMAOOOO!
---

Although I still prefer modern shows to sageuk, and at first did not think LMH suited Joseon attire, but after Legend of the Blue Sea, I think he exploded with charisma when he's playing a duty officer. Dam Ryung in uniform and Daejang's normal Goryeo attire are jjiang. I'm not (yet) taken with the normal Joseon hanbok--could be because they put him in pink (?).

@CarolynH

I don't know if anyone had managed to read all 4500+ pages for the past 3 years. If someone did, that person deserve a BOBO from Daejang and Ki Chul! We'll even throw in Noodle and Dol Bae's. LOL!

@mythicalove - CarolynH asked a really good question, why did we love Faith so much?

This video made by Yuri has a compilation of what Faith had meant for them, and I think that sums up about what it meant to us too. In addition, we crossed path with many other friends in here and spent a large amount of time together, recapping Faith and curing our Faith withdrawal symptoms. It was a memorable time which became something quite special for me (us) even though we all have now moved on. I'll leave the rest for @mythicalove to add...

Unfortunately, the image hosting site Minus had died. A lot of pictures and HD gifs once uploaded and shared in this thread had been lost. We communicated a lot through using Faith pictures & GIFs because Faith characters are so animated. It might reduce the fun for some of you who are trying to backread the pages, but nonetheless, hope you enjoy the recaps anyway.

I still have hundreds of those pics and gifs saved on my computer...

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images.

On 28/12/2015 at 0:18 PM, darcydevenus said:

Haha!!! The Tree... that's what I called it, and went there.  It was so pretty!!! I think it's one of my favourite places in Korea... the best thing about it?!  It would have been there at the time of the real CY.  I went up to it, and yeah.... it took forever to get up there. LOL!!!  I went the dangerous way... up some antique stairs.... and was so freaked out, but I was determined.  It's not actually in Buyeo, it's located on a mountain that's fairly far up, but once you see it, you can't miss it.  The tourist office people don't speak Engish, I am lucky that I can get by with chinese, so I was able to find what I wanted.  Anyways, it was an amazing experience.  Would I go again?!  I would love to... but be forewarned..... it's quite a few kilometers outside of the 'city'.... and the only way to get into the town is by car or bus... no trains go through there.  Still, I recommend it.  There is so much to see.... and i didn't get to see even most of it.  I'd need a few more days.... and a good place to sleep.  

I also went there in 2013... The landscape was breath-takingly beautiful, and I was really moved to find that many people had climbed that mountain to plant yellow flowers (like Daejang's flower) close to the tree! 

On 24/1/2016 at 3:38 PM, darcydevenus said:

I didn't even realize that his character was portrayed in that drama.  It's a super long drama... I don't know if I'll watch it.  It seems pretty popular, but........... it'd be interesting to see how things are portrayed... but Choi Young is one of my heroes.  I've been to his grave twice... and will probably go again... when it's not so cold.  But still... you've got me curious about how they portray the man.

But honestly, nobody compares to the CY from Faith... I STILL listen to the music..... like almost daily.  This dumb drama has literally changed the direction of my 'historical' life... I never cared about Goreyo before.... and this is the end of it....  

I visited his and his wife's tomb in the woods four years ago... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 4:35 AM, jerboa83 said:

I also went there in 2013... The landscape was breath-takingly beautiful, and I was really moved to find that many people had climbed that mountain to plant yellow flowers (like Daejang's flower) close to the tree! 

I visited his and his wife's tomb in the woods four years ago... 

Hi @jerboa83.  As you may recall, I also made my way to Korea and visited his and his wife's tomb around the same time you did, so much did Faith affect me.  As you, @sia3, and others, in the heyday of Faith, I've added to these pages and loved the show, but even more than that, I loved the camaraderie of those who joined this Soompi thread.  Missing the drama, our Faith friends, and the fun times we had. :) 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 10:15 AM, kappy said:

Hi @jerboa83.  As you may recall, I also made my way to Korea and visited his and his wife's tomb around the same time you did, so much did Faith affect me.  As you, @sia3, and others, in the heyday of Faith, I've added to these pages and loved the show, but even more than that, I loved the camaraderie of those who joined this Soompi thread.  Missing the drama, our Faith friends, and the fun times we had. :) 

You are not the only one who misses them... <3

• Like 1

This drama was nowhere near perfect. However, to compensate for its imperfections, they gave us something better ... "heart and soul".  :tongue:

And, the people in this thread, sensing the heart and soul from the drama production, returned the favor by contributing insightful analysis, witty banter, supportive comments and beautiful artwork, which lead to the number of pages.  We had so much fun on this thread, during the time the drama was televising.

I was here from the start and can affirm that camaraderie and friendship on this thread were as strong and wonderful as the Woldachi. :):(

FYI - The director of this drama committed suicide because this drama bombed financially. I'm not sure if everyone, including the cast, have received full payment to this day.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This drama is still AMAZING!!! I still love it!  I have actually persuaded my Haegeum teacher to transcribe 'Carry On' for the Haegeum.... and I started learning it tonight!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!  I think LMH's best ever character was Choi Young.  I never connected with him as much in any other drama.  Not as much as this!  So, just loving it.  I found the OST, and got it.  The real one.  I feel less guilty when I listen to it now. ^^  Have a great night all!!!  Here's rocking on 5 years of Faith!!!!

• Like 1