Which k-pop group started influence you into k-pop?

Guest letitslide-

Hmm the first song I heard was some SHINee stuff which started getting me interested, and then I just began hearing it in random dramas! :P And started to like it after thattt :P I had and still have an obsession with FT Island, but now its mostly BEAST :P

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest changminini

Mine was Shinhwa's Lee MInwoo because of that one fanfic.. -__-' Then soo fell in love with them so much <3

Then, Dong Bang Shin Ki <3 Eep. Love love!

I wasn't really into K-pop. I was interested in K-entertainment mainly because of the drama's and some actress and actor i took a liking. I don't like my music with too much sugar coating on it.. More than eye candy, I prefer the quality of the song. I grew up loving rock bands like simple plan, aerosmith, linkin park, blink 182, wheatus, paramore, muse, and some not so rock bands like maroon 5. I came across a video of CN Blue's Y, Why while I'm browsing for some hearstrings BTS  then grew a liking to the band and their songs...Love the voice of Jung yong hwa his voice is really rare to find in k-pop and also Jung hyun...Now I occasionally like 2ne1 and sometimes bigbang too...

Guest Allie.900

For me, it was with DBSK/TVXQ. It was way back then when Rising Sun came out, but I saw the video for HUG at first and I remember being strangely intrigued by them, like I thought Hero Jaejoong was way too pretty LOL and I was sitting there confused for a second because 1) why does it sound like they are singing english yet I don't understand and 2) why are they so pretty???  But soon I was like "Hey this is not bad, not bad at all" LOL 

I saw the video on a vietnamese forum I believe and when I clicked on the video, it brought me to youtube which had other kpop videos on the side so that's when I saw Super Junior's U. OMG three thoughts, oh my hotness and why are there so many?! And why does Heechul look like a girl?LOL Yeah then there I started watching Super Junior Full House and ventured to other artists and dramas :) Though I'm not into Super Junior or DBSK anymore, I still have a soft spot for them :)

Guest haydef

It was Super Junior, but not for long. I already knew TVXQ ever since they debuted, but didn't pay attention to them. After getting into Super Junior, I moved on to TVXQ.

Guest Boa13

Definitely Super Junior. Thanks to the dramas my friend forced me to see, past the time one day i noticed the mv suggestions so i picked one and it was Super Girl and after that i watched Seungri´s strong baby.... but it was like uhhmm they are good but nothing special. But shortly after i ended up watching all suju´s mvs and then well you know how it ends.

cropped-super-junior-58611.jpg

Guest Aimee_1994

Super Junior...They Got Me Into Kpop. Ever Since I heard "U" By Super Junior My Mind was hook, I looked up the lyrics and I thought How Sweet 8D

Guest Saseumi

BIG BANG or SHINee (a friend was fangirling, I asked what about...). Then, after I was at first disdainful because of SNSD, 2NE1 and After School kept me here with assurance that it doesn't have to be all girly/cutesy and that less overrated groups also have lots of talent.

Guest Musval

I remember listening to Wonder Girls and DBSK back in 2007 or so, but I was so stuck in my j-pop fandom I didn't even know they were Korean, lol. I thought their music was nice and catchy, but never really liked them enough to become a fan or search more information about them.

The group that really got me into k-pop was 2NE1. I remember that everyone was praising Fire when they debuted, so I decided to check it out. I thought the song was really good and listened to their other stuff too. I started to listen to other groups and slowly got addicted. The whole idea and concept of k-pop seemed really interesting and fresh at first, but now after a few years I'm starting to get tired.. I do still listen to (some) k-pop, though

And omg all you old school fans are making me feel really young

Guest mischiefpho

I got into kpop around 8 years ago for a little bit, and was listening to Shinhwa and S.E.S.. but then I stopped listening to it. Then about a year ago I got back into kpop, and b2st brought me back =]

Guest Veeneee

I did listen to BoA a few years back.. but what got me to kpop was

Wonder Girl's Tell me, then So hot, SNSD Gee and from there.. i started to listen to everything!

Archived