Which k-pop group started influence you into k-pop?

I was first introduced to Korean music by solo singer, SE7EN back in 2006 I believe? Yea, he was the first for me. And ever since then I would follow him and eventually was led to other Korean singers and bands such as: BoA, Bi Rain, TVXQ, SS501, and Super Junior etc. I found K-Pop to be interesting, especially it's style.

But I didn't really get into it until 2009. f(x) was the group who pulled me in. After that I just kept following group after group, to the point where I started watching dramas, varieties, performances, all that good stuff. :)

Unlike many, I'm not a super fanatic. I just find K-Pop entertaining, It has that fun nature to it. :P

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snsd_foreverr

I was first exposed to Kara's song "Mister." I didn't like it at first but then after listening to it a couple of times, I started to like it and now I am all about SNSD...lolol./ 

I was first exposed to kpop when I heard TVXQ's Hug ages ago.  But the first group I really started to listen to and watch shows about was Super Junior.  (:

Watching X-Man and Love Letter made me interested in kpop. I liked Fly To The Sky, Rain, and DBSK, but I wasn't an avid fan yet. Then it was Big Bang who really pulled me in. :) 

Guest iSimplicityy

Well I don't think I'll be able to identify a song that got me into kpop. I remember loving BoA's Key of Heart first, then I listened to a few Big Bang songs. My sister showed me a few DBSK MVs too. One of Purple Line and one of Mirotic. But I didn't really get into them until heard their Japanese song "Why Did I Fall in Love With You?" live. Their live performance of the song blew me away~~ It was amazing! ^^

So now, I'm a permanent Cassie, hoping to stay with the five of them for the rest of my life ^^.

Seeing how hooked i am with k-pop now,

it's actually hard to recall how it all started..

:phew: let's see..I think it was 2ne1

.  ..I've heard some korean songs before

but i think it was 2ne1 that made me

a full pledge kpop fan-_-

Seeinsg how hooked i am with k-pop now,

it's actually hard to recall how it all started..

:phew: let's see..I think it was 2ne1

.  ..I've heard some korean songs before

but i think it was 2ne1 that made me

a full pledge kpop fan-_-

Guest yuu_michaelis

Mine wasn't exactly a Kpop group, but a Kpop artist.

I started with BoA's "Atlantic Princess"...my Kpop fandom started from there. But if BoA doesn't count then it would have to be Shinhwa then with their song "Young Gunz". I found Eric cute in that vid and then I became interested with Shinhwa's music ( and Eric of course! <3 ) afterwards.

Guest seoulology

Epik High's Love Love Love. I actually started listening to Korean music before that but mainly OST from Korean dramas and Korean Indie groups. But epik high made me obsessed w/ KPOP!

Guest RTliesy

Ohh I got into Kpop when super junior was promoting Don't don, they were so different back then xD

It started with Super junior and Big bang.

But now I barely listen to kpop anymore. Although I am listening to dynamic duo right now, love them :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Kskano713

Hm... I was actually watching a Hair Tutuorial by Bubzbeauty, and I heard the most BEAUTIFUL music playing in the background. Do you guys remember the Boys Over Flowers Soundtrack? It was Fight The Bad Feeling by T-Max. What a lovely song. It's number 1 on my ipod, with a grand total of 589 listens. From there, my K-pop obsession bloomed~

Archived