[Variety] Kim ByungMan's Law of the Jungle (김병만의 정글의 법칙)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems that their next destination is MADAGASCAR - Africa~ they are looking for a new woman member for this trip~
http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20120706160915136&RIGHT_ENTER=R3
and OMG this time around beside KBM,NWJ and Ricky, RYUDAM IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!~~~~ and no more kwanghee,he is replaced with 2AM's maknae, jin woon ♥  =D> 

bam ba bam babam bam babam bam babam babaaaaaaaaaaaaam~CONGRATULATIONSSS~~~and celebrations~~~~
JEON HYE BIN IS JOINING THEM TO MADAGASCAR~~~ woot woot~ =D> <:-P
http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=243330
well though i dunno how jinwoon does under pressure,but i am sure he is more hands on than kwanghee is though~so YAY~~

yeah i read that too but i didnt post it since well its in consideration,i am actually happy that shin su ji was in the list of candidates though~she look like she is tough enuff and doesnt crack under pressure~ she is so composed~ lee si young,though she looks she is OK but frm the looks of WGM she is the type who gets annoyed fast,so not good for this show~
while i am happy that JHB is here,i hope she works good under pressure as well~ like park si yeon she wasnt as useless and she works wonder under stress~ the LOTJ-W is not even comparable to the real LOTJ,LOTJ-W was a picnic compared to LOTJ IMO~ so lets see how it is~

yeah i read that too but i didnt post it since well its in consideration,i am actually happy that shin su ji was in the list of candidates though~she look like she is tough enuff and doesnt crack under pressure~ she is so composed~ lee si young,though she looks she is OK but frm the looks of WGM she is the type who gets annoyed fast,so not good for this show~

while i am happy that JHB is here,i hope she works good under pressure as well~ like park si yeon she wasnt as useless and she works wonder under stress~ the LOTJ-W is not even comparable to the real LOTJ,LOTJ-W was a picnic compared to LOTJ IMO~ so lets see how it is~

man, that Vanuatu adventure was so damn boring that I couldn't bring myself to even finish watching it.
I-) The whole Kwanghee wigging out was the most exciting thing that happened over there...the rest was just a re-hash & far less interesting version of Namibia IMO. Maybe this show does need Ryu Dam for comedic relief?

anyhoo, decided to check out the first ep for Season 2 in Siberia. There's a pretty good article @ AKP of this ep for the uninitiated that want a quick synopsis & background info about this program.

well, it started out pretty much the same way as the previous first eps...that is with a bunch of preview clips of this upcoming season. They did the usual self-cams of the tribe at home getting prepared before embarking on this trip...nothing really new to see here but it was cool to see Noh Woo Jin's mother in the background wishing her son a safe trip. We saw KBM's mother & Ricky's family in other eps, so it's keeping with that trend.

One thing that immediately jumped out was that they were allowed to bring a gun this time! This should be helpful in tracking down some food cuz in the previews, food looked to be scarce out in the tundra with very little in the way of vegetation other than some wild berries. They showed KBM hunting some rabbits with the rifle in the previews.

tBdoSl.png

Seems fresh water is at a premium too & KBM had to resort to eating snow...just hope for his sake, he remembered to never eat yellow snow. :))

TbeqPl.png

We know that Kwanghee got hurt & had to leave the show early but Ricky got jacked up too. b-( 

ACa2Dl.png

Speaking of Ricky, I didn't figure him to have a phobia about cold water haha. I kinda expected NWJ & Kwanghee to wimp out but seeing Ricky all hesitant was funny. Guess he was saying he always hated the cold with him growing up in Hawaii & all...said he took after his mom who hates the cold too...eh, thought he would get used to it by now since he's been living in Korea for several years.

Anyway, it was hilarious watching him swim across that river at breakneck speed haha. He prolly would've beaten Park Tae Hwan in a race! :)) Look Ricky doing his best "The Thinker" impersonation lol.

45BdTl.png

Can't really get a vibe yet on the newest member, Lee Tae Gon. I didn't catch him on Running Man, so not sure how he is on variety shows. He seems physically imposing & has a take charge personality from the previews. He's prolly best known for that sageuk drama but I remember him from the "Jewel Family" cuz that was one of my fave dramas from a couple years ago...altho' that was mostly cuz of the storyline between So Yi Hyun & Michael Blunck...shame the writers wimped out & didn't allow an interracial couple to hook up after stringing the viewers along.  [-(

But I digress...anyway, let's see if season 2 is more entertaining than Vanuatu. It can't be any worse than that snoozer. Tbh, I'm looking forward to the Madasgascar adventure more than this one but willing to give this one a chance to redeem itself after that Vanuatu dud.

• 2 weeks later...

so now we know that the gun is not theirs but one of the nomads they met there~and DAYUMN kim byung man got the duck on his first shot!!~~ HAHA is that a reindeer they hav with them??? its great though that they say they only there for just one week,and during colder times,they'll move everyday~ its to feed the animals,they'll go where food is for them~ 
its interesting that their culture is,whenever anyone come to their camp,the person will be treated as guest for 3 days. they'll be fed and all till the third day~

Just started watching this show yesterday. I'm watching with chinese subs even though it's still incomplete.
I started watching from the Vanuatu episode and I'm currently watching the Siberia episode.
This show is really hardcore, i thought those people in 2days1night swimming in cold water was harsh, but that is really nothing compared to what the cast have experienced in this show.

It's true that it's lacking the comedy+variety element but I am viewing this as more of a human drama and reality show.
It's so exciting to watch the cast went through so many interesting experiences and as a viewer, I was really worried for them as it's definitely a dangerous task to go through so many exotic places. The sceneries is so pretty!!! But I know that there's almost nothing in those places..

Btw, KBM is freaking genius, I don't know how he can manage to do all those work, I am amazed..
In Vanuatu, I wasn't expecting the trap he made to catch the wild pig to be successful, it looked like it's not stable/strong enough to hold the pig but it did!! He was so sweet by making that swing for the villagers. I was doubting whether he can make it as I always doubt that materials from nature will be strong enough but he did it.

In Siberia, he went through the swamps without getting wet at all by using branches as a walking bridge, so smart!
During the "swim in freezing water", his leadership skills really stood out, he went in back and forth for 3 times, that's crazy!!
I can't help to be amazed by this guy, he's like my new favorite variety guy besides YJS, both of them have good leadership skills and the willingness to sacrifice to help his cast members.

KBM is really a jungle-man, he have so much curiosity about the wild and I love watching his antics.

Speaking of Park Shi Eun, she's pretty sweet and positive. I can understand that because she's a girl, she might not be able to help out as much as the guys but I also think that the guys wouldn't want her to do that much because she's a girl. At least she don't whine or care too much about her look. She tried her best not to be a burden which is very impressive to me because as a girl, I don't think I can be like her. I definitely hate the wild and I love staying in my comfort zone, the city life so watching this show satisfy my curiosity about what the real wild life look like.

Ricky Kim is so handsome, mixed Asian are never my type but he's an eye-candy. I totally laughed at the part in Siberia where he swimmed so fast and was so hesitant that he almost became "The thinker" statue. Hahahaha.. He's actually pretty useful and manly, o can see the trust between him and KBM.

These 3 are the people who I have a stronger impressions on...

However, I would never go for an adventure in the wild, I would not be able to survive. It definitely looks harsh and difficult and I'm not a jungle person like KBM. Which is why I have so much respect for the cast of this show and those poor cameramen.. having to hold the heavy cameras and shoot despite the harsh environment. RESPECT!

Archived