[Variety] Kim ByungMan's Law of the Jungle (김병만의 정글의 법칙)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T_T real life sux T_T i missed a whole week of jungle

This finale ep was pretty poignant at the end when they said their goodbyes to the Himba & also when the PD surprised 'em by showing them taped messages from their family & loved ones. I was cracking up when Kwanghee's mom said to be careful cuz she heard those African men have spears & his dad was telling him he doesn't need all that makeup over there. :lol: Ricky's wife is gorgeous & sweet and Ryu Dam's wife is a babe too. I guess she was saying his diet ought to be going well at least haha. They even showed footage from their wedding afterward. KBM's mom seems like a tough old coot like he described her to be & guess she was disappointed that he didn't call her or see her before he took off for Africa. I was busting up when she told him to get married & the PD asked her if what if he brought back a woman from Africa & seems she wasn't too pleased about that prospect.  :lol:

LOL i share his father's woe haha~ he doesnt want his only son to obsess over makeup~ T_T and ♥ i wish she did the vid message with their baby too ♥ that adorbs baby~ and yeah ryudam's wife is a babe~~ sad that KBM didnt make it to the wedding ;_; and LOL the mother said NO to the prospect of an african daughter in law~ i LOL-ed so bad~

man, did KBM work his azz off or what?  :o  I forgot how many hours Ricky said he was up on that roof but he was basically doing all the heavy work! That dude has a work ethic.

my guess is that they are going the next day and they wanted to finish it that night~well actually KBM said that he wont get off the roof until its finished and to save his face,he stayed up there till end XD HAHA~ 

Kwanghee was funny with attempt at trying to form a Himba idol group haha. Tbh, I don't really care for any of ZE:A's songs except "Heart For 2" which was playing during the party.  ;)

OMG i died laughing~ african-aideul~ XD its so damn funny~ one or two of them were embarassed at first but i love how the son of the elders were so eager to join~haha he is such a sport ♥ 

The teaser for their next adventure looked pretty cool with KBM's tribe taking on a rain forest. I'll miss Ryu Dam for sure cuz it looked like Noh Woo Jin took over his role for this new one.

OK i am not ONE bit pleased with the new line up~ they did recycle the other two with the exception of ricky and KBM(coz of course the show wont even work without them busting their bums off) as soon as i see the article of the old guy on the show(i am not even going to bother to mention his name) got off early coz of health reason,apparently he is allergic to something they ate, i just skim thru this weeks show~and theres a GIRL in this T_T WTF? taemi? T____T i will rewatch it later when i hav the mood~ its ruined~ at this point,i even prefer kwanghee to this two~ T_T 

T_T real life sux T_T i missed a whole week of jungle

I remember you saying you might avoid the interwebs during this time, so I figured you wouldn't be back for awhile haha.

LOL i share his father's woe haha~ he doesnt want his only son to obsess over makeup~ T_T and ♥ i wish she did the vid message with their baby too ♥ that adorbs baby~ and yeah ryudam's wife is a babe~~ sad that KBM didnt make it to the wedding ;_; and LOL the mother said NO to the prospect of an african daughter in law~ i LOL-ed so bad~

ah yeah, totally forgot the baby girl but maybe it's for the best cuz Ricky would've prolly been even sadder if he saw what he was missing back home. yeah, KBM's mom didn't even joke about that, she was dead set against it & prolly cursed out the PD off camera for even bringing it up. :lol:

my guess is that they are going the next day and they wanted to finish it that night~well actually KBM said that he wont get off the roof until its finished and to save his face,he stayed up there till end XD HAHA~

oh, you're right...I totally forgot they had a deadline to meet & had to finish before going back home. KBM & Ricky did most of the work as usual while Ryu Dam & Kwanghee got to kick it with the villagers haha.

OMG i died laughing~ african-aideul~ XD its so damn funny~ one or two of them were embarassed at first but i love how the son of the elders were so eager to join~haha he is such a sport ♥

yeah, that dude was my favorite. Like you said, being the oldest & a son of the elders means he's prolly treated with a lot of respect around the tribe but he's so down to earth & willing to engage with KBM's crew, that you can't help but like the guy. :)

OK i am not ONE bit pleased with the new line up~ they did recycle the other two with the exception of ricky and KBM(coz of course the show wont even work without them busting their bums off) as soon as i see the article of the old guy on the show(i am not even going to bother to mention his name) got off early coz of health reason,apparently he is allergic to something they ate, i just skim thru this weeks show~and theres a GIRL in this T_T WTF? taemi? T____T i will rewatch it later when i hav the mood~ its ruined~ at this point,i even prefer kwanghee to this two~ T_T 

I only watched up to the intros for the new cast & a bit of the previews but yeah, I was a bit disappointed in who the PD selected for this Papua New Guinea adventure. First off, I barely recognize the 2 new additions. I remember that Kim Kwang Gyu ahjussi from Sungkyunkwan scandal & that new sitcom he appears in with Nickhun, Sulli, etc but I don't really know anything about him. They also showed the trailer for "Kick" for that newbie gal, Tae Mi & guess since she's a taekwondo blackbelt on the K-Tigers team, they figures she would be tough enuff to endure the hardships on this show but it wasn't a good sign when she was crying, saying she wants to leave in the previews. I can imagine it's difficult to find a gal willing to endure this type of reality/variety show but I still wish they could've found an established actress or entertainer to join 'em instead of this newbie actress.

I'm a little confused about Kwanghee. I know in the beginning they showed him working out at the gym & he vehemently refused to join this new adventure in Papua New Guinea by literally eating his invitation haha but later they showed him joining 'em? :huh: I know he wasn't on the plane when they first took off but guess he did eventually show up later huh? :unsure:

Wonder if Kwanghee was brought back to replace that Kim Kwang Gyu cuz like you said, he had to leave the show due to an allergic reaction he had to an insect bite. Man, I can't blame him for wanted out...did you see all those mosquitoes & other nasty biting insects at night?! They showed someone (think it was one of the staff) with some nasty looking red welts all over his leg! :o Another member having to get an IV in his arm & another with his toenail looking all nasty about ready to fall off *barfs*. The medical staff looks to have been really busy this trip around...makes Namibia look like a vacation resort in comparison! Hope no one came down with malaria on this show! :sweatingbullets:

61464914.png

46439529.png

20288194.png

man, I barely got caught up on E07 due to all the family Xmas obligations I had to attend & stuff. :sweatingbullets:

well, it looks like Kwanghee was already scheduled to join the cast in Papua New Guinea even before Kim Kwang Gyu had to leave the show due to his allergic reaction to the insect bites. He was right tho'...this place is far worse than Africa. Not only do they have to deal with the damp, rainy climate, poisonous snakes but the worst are all the biting insects! :crazy: It's bad enuff during the day but it's really scary at night when the bloodsuckers come out in droves to feed. The cast is exposed cuz of all the camera lights & their only relief is to build a smoky fire to keep the bugs at bay. But they have to keep stoking the fire all night with tree branches & limbs which is hard work. They should've been allowed to bring a mosquito net at least & some insect repellent cuz they were being eating alive!

I know it goes against the spirit of the show but I would've commandeered one of those tents that the staff use haha. They can just zip up their tents & be protected against the mosquitoes & other no-see-ums. They built a banana leaf hut but since they are co-ed this time, the guys have to sleep outside in the elements while Tae Mi gets the hut by herself. Screw the chivalry in this situation...it's a matter of life & death here (not literally but they are risking their health)...if I were the guys I would've demanded that they all share that hut. I felt bad for poor KBM who was kept awake all night by Noh Woo Jin's snoring & then it started to rain on 'em. :lol: Eventually, they all got to sleep inside the makeshift banana leaf hut but they were packed like sardines in there haha. At least, the rain brought some welcome relief from the bugs.

Even the food here in Papua New Guinea is scarce compared to Africa. At least in Africa they had fish, small crabs for protein but so far, it's just wild bananas & some fruit that Ricky called "red fruit"...it sorta looks like Durian fruit but don't think it smells as bad haha. Guess those roasted bananas tasted bland cuz Noh Woo Jin brought along some salt & they put it on the bananas lol. I can't blame Kwanghee for pigging out at the airport cuz he knew what the food situation would be once he joined 'em in New Guinea. He was stuffing himself as fast as he could with bimbimbap, ramen, & pork cutlets...it would've been so cruel if the PD showed the crew back in New Guinea that footage of Kwanghee eating while they are staring at their meager food rations. :lol:

Hope ep 08 is better cuz this one was pretty bland from the start. I hope adding Kwanghee will liven up the show a bit cuz this show is really lacking in personalities without Ryu Dam. That gal, Tae Mi is basically useless so far & just a folding screen. Noh Woo Jin was brought along to add some comedic relief but he's no Ryu Dam so far & Kim Kwang Gyu pretty much just complained the entire show & now he got his wish to go back home. We know what to expect from KBM & Ricky cuz they basically do all the yeoman's work but we need the supporting cast to provide some entertainment for the viewers as well...so far, not good IMO. -_-

well, Ep08 was much more entertaining & fun. Some of that had to due with the fact that the group has settled in a bit more & they have the basics in shelter, food, etc...altho' I'm sure having Kwanghee join the gang had a lot to do with it too cuz just his presence seemed to lift everyone's spirits. Not too mention both Ricky & KBM were curious to see what he had brought with him that could help 'em out in PNG...too bad, he wasn't allowed to bring much stuff tho'. I heard Ricky break the news to him right away that PNG is much harder than Africa ever was & Kwanghee asked how & Ricky said in every way but the day Kwanghee arrived has been ok tho' haha.

Finding food is still a struggle as they are still relying on those wild roasted bananas as the main staple of their diet. Kwanghee said they tasted rather bland upon trying 'em but the rest said they tasted better than they did on their first night but I s'pose that's cuz they are starving whereas Kwanghee still is relatively full from those huge azz meals he ate at the airport. :lol: How many thought that KBM was gonna eat that tortoise they found along the shore? I'm glad he sent it on its way regardless of how hungry they were for some type of meat. :sweatingbullets: He did manage to find a snail tho' & roasted it later. That scene was hilarious when they were playing 'kai bai bo' to see who'll get to eat that snail & KBM faked out Noh Woo Jin by pretending he already ate it. :lol:

But thankfully, they managed to find some other sources of food as Ricky discovered that one plant is very similar to sugar cane & KBM managed to catch some fish & a large shrimp while night fishing with a spear. Like Yoon Do Hyun has said on a couple occasions now..."is there anything KBM can't do?" This guy would give Bear Grylls a run for his money! ;)

I did notice he cheated a bit tho' when he was building the frame for the second banana leaf hut cuz he was using plastic tape to hold the branches together haha. I noticed the cameraman came prepared this time cuz I saw one of 'em was wearing a full mosquito suit for protection while shooting the night scenes. Man, I was busting up when they were playing 'kai bai bo' to see who'll have to stand under the light for 10 secs while they let all those bugs swarm on 'em & into their eyes and nose! Poor Kwanghee & KBM! I felt itchy & squeamish just watching it on video...can't begin to imagine what that felt like for real. :o

33481056.png

I was cracking up when it was bedtime & they all had to squeeze into that one hut. I heard KBM say they will all die if someone lets out a fart. :lol: Poor KBM didn't get much sleep cuz he said Noh Woo Jin's smelly feet was right in his face & it woke him up haha...not too mention all that loud snoring! Noh Woo Jin must have a thing for smelly feet cuz he was the only one sniffing his own stank azz socks when they were hanging their socks up to dry in the hut & was surprised that Tae Mi even had smelly feet for a girl. :lol:

no eng subs for this??

Nope but I think you can follow & enjoy this show even without subs. A lot of the scenes involves them getting their hands dirty gathering food, building their shelter, etc...stuff that doesn't require you to follow the dialog to figure out what's going on. My understanding of Korean is minimal to say the least but I can get the gist of most of it. LayDeeB helps out a lot with her summaries & quick translations in this thread too. :)

I only caught about a quarter of ep 09 but it was pretty action packed! Ricky & KBM were out gathering bananas yet again but got caught out by the strong river currents & pitch black darkness and it was pretty hairy for a moment for both of 'em...especially Ricky who was nearly swept away! :o Thankfully Ricky is a pretty strong swimmer & was able to be guided by KBM back to safety. As both Ricky & KBM collapsed in total exhaustion back at base camp, I heard Ricky say he thought he was Olympic gold medal swimmer, Park Tae Hwan for a moment while he swam back to shore. He was able to joke a bit about it but the whole thing could've ended very tragically. Very scary situation! :blink:

There was also quite a touching moment when Ricky produced 5 bananas from his pocket which he handed to KBM. This was extraordinary cuz Ricky was stuck in the river & facing imminent danger & was told by KBM to forget about the bananas & just toss the bunch away cuz they would drag him down. The fact Ricky had the wherewithal to still think about the group & secure 5 bananas didn't go unnoticed by others. Kwanghee & Tae Mi actually shed tears at Ricky's selfless gesture in the face of a life threatening situation & ate them heartily saying they were delicious even tho' they were the same tasteless bananas knowing Ricky risked his life for 'em. :tears:

The fact that Kwanghee, Tae Mi & Noh Woo Jin were incapable of gathering wood & starting a fire is major mistake. I think part of the reason that Ricky & KBM lost track of the camp once night fell was due to a lack of a campfire. Basically the 3 of 'em are totally helpless & dependent on Ricky & KBM for everything which is kinda sad. Like Noh Woo Jin stated...if Ricky & KBM ever failed to come back to camp, then the 3 of 'em would prolly be dead soon haha. He was joking of course but the truth is not far off. -_-

It wasn't all drama & serious moments tho'...there was a hilarious scene in the beginning when Kwanghee was telling Noh Woo Jin not to get to close cuz he had to fart. NWJ looks slyly into the camera & asks if the viewers want to know what an "idol's" fart sounds like & then they show Kwanghee running off into the distance followed by fart graphics & sound effects. :lol:

13459686.png

Guest Nomuchowa

Wow, the show is absolutely amazing, I like Kim byung man so much and I'm watching the show for him and ricky kim, I got curious cause they are so competitive in Dream team . 

I gotta thank you guys with your comments, I cant understand korean and I couldnt find any english subtitles... but man I was dying to know what they were saying in some parts. but thanks to your comments I was able to understand few things <3 

And I am such a huge fan of kim byung man I was like I gotta see this, I dont care if I dont understand.. I also watched Kim yuna's Kiss and cry just for him !! he is amazing !! 

Wow, the show is absolutely amazing, I like Kim byung man so much and I'm watching the show for him and ricky kim, I got curious cause they are so competitive in Dream team . 

I gotta thank you guys with your comments, I cant understand korean and I couldnt find any english subtitles... but man I was dying to know what they were saying in some parts. but thanks to your comments I was able to understand few things <3 

And I am such a huge fan of kim byung man I was like I gotta see this, I dont care if I dont understand.. I also watched Kim yuna's Kiss and cry just for him !! he is amazing !! 

yeah, he is really amazing. He is literally risking life & limb on this show to make it entertaining for the viewers. I'm glad that this show has become a hit for SBS & is doing well ratings wise. :)

yep, I feel ya cuz I really wish this show had its own fan subs too. I can barely understand rudimentary Korean & there are parts where I'm totally lost but luckily, this is one of those shows where you can follow along from just the visuals most of the time.

My favorite part from the African adventure was the interaction between the crew & the natives and we finally got to see it on this latest ep. It was really interesting to see the habitat, diet & lifestyle of the native Papuans. It was pretty entertaining when they ate together with the natives. Noh Woo Jin really opened up quite a bit this episode & allowed his gagman skills to come out more. It was hilarious when they sent him, Kwanghee & Tae Mi to the native's village to procure some firewood & they all did their acts and the natives enjoyed & applauded Tae Mi's & Kwanghee's performances but they had this puzzled look when Noh Woo Jin was trying to be funny by doing his body gags. :lol: Also the back & forth with Ricky to win the affections of KBM was hilarious too especially when Ricky dropped the honorifics when he was calling his name and Noh Woo Jin got a bit touchy about it haha. You just knew that Ricky & KBM were going to set him up when they decided to play "who can hold their head underwater the longest" game & of course, he falls for it. :lol:

Still not a fan of that Tae Mi tho'...she just seems bleh. They sent her & Kwanghee to forage for some food and Kwanghee was asking her who's marriage material amongst the 3 guys excluding himself & guess she was saying KBM has charisma but Noh Woo Jin's funny personality wins her over. It was funny in the beginning when those natives were climbing down from that tree & errrmm...well, let's just say they let it all hang out & Tae Mi was covering her eyes. :lol: A lot of optical distortion this ep to cover the offending parts hehe. blush.gif

47133640n.png

Man, this show is going have hard time getting celeb guests to come on especially if they keep showing them complaining about how bad Papua is compared to Africa...they were complaining about the bugs & wet climate which leaves their feet wet & damp all the time. KBM was saying he hasn't had a chance to dry his feet out & they looked all wrinkled and nasty. :crazy:

33292509.png

I'm not kidding about KBM risking his life on this show. Did you see when he was chopping down that tree & when it fell, it boomeranged backwards & barely missed nailing him! Talk about a close call! :o

btw, wassup with that one native sticking that larvae in his ear?! :blink: Guess it's a "natural" way of cleaning your earwax? :huh:

83516008.png

Guest Nomuchowa

yeah, he is really amazing. He is literally risking life & limb on this show to make it entertaining for the viewers. I'm glad that this show has become a hit for SBS & is doing well ratings wise.  :)

yep, I feel ya cuz I really wish this show had its own fan subs too. I can barely understand rudimentary Korean & there are parts where I'm totally lost but luckily, this is one of those shows where you can follow along from just the visuals most of the time.

My favorite part from the African adventure was the interaction between the crew & the natives and we finally got to see it on this latest ep. It was really interesting to see the habitat, diet & lifestyle of the native Papuans. It was pretty entertaining when they ate together with the natives. Noh Woo Jin really opened up quite a bit this episode & allowed his gagman skills to come out more. It was hilarious when they sent him, Kwanghee & Tae Mi to the native's village to procure some firewood & they all did their acts and the natives enjoyed & applauded Tae Mi's & Kwanghee's performances but they had this puzzled look when Noh Woo Jin was trying to be funny by doing his body gags.  :lol: Also the back & forth with Ricky to win the affections of KBM was hilarious too especially when Ricky dropped the honorifics when he was calling his name and Noh Woo Jin got a bit touchy about it haha. You just knew that Ricky & KBM were going to set him up when they decided to play "who can hold their head underwater the longest" game & of course, he falls for it.  :lol: 

Still not a fan of that Tae Mi tho'...she just seems bleh. They sent her & Kwanghee to forage for some food and Kwanghee was asking her who's marriage material amongst the 3 guys excluding himself & guess she was saying KBM has charisma but Noh Woo Jin's funny personality wins her over. It was funny in the beginning when those natives were climbing down from that tree & errrmm...well, let's just say they let it all hang out & Tae Mi was covering her eyes.  :lol: A lot of optical distortion this ep to cover the offending parts hehe.  blush.gif

*quoted image*

Man, this show is going have hard time getting celeb guests to come on especially if they keep showing them complaining about how bad Papua is compared to Africa...they were complaining about the bugs & wet climate which leaves their feet wet & damp all the time. KBM was saying he hasn't had a chance to dry his feet out & they looked all wrinkled and nasty.  :crazy:

*quoted image*

I'm not kidding about KBM risking his life on this show. Did you see when he was chopping down that tree & when it fell, it boomeranged backwards & barely missed nailing him! Talk about a close call! :o

btw, wassup with that one native sticking that larvae in his ear?! :blink: Guess it's a "natural" way of cleaning your earwax?  :huh:

*quoted image*

Ugh I'm having trouble to how I can multi quote you on each part but i'll try to make myself as clear as I can ^^ 

yeah I gotta say the natives are quite interesting.. but the fact that they were completely naked shocked me a little xD 

I mean If I was there I would have a hard time looking at them hehe. 

Yeah Noh Woo Jin opened up a little, I find him quite adorable how he tried to do some of his gags on them even though they couldn't understand hehe . 

and it was funny how they were dancing along with  Kwanghee when he did his performance icon6.gif

yeah Noh Woo Jin was hilarious when he was acting all jealousy because of Ricky when they were trying to tie the wood with KBM xD

when they were playing "who can hold their head underwater the longest" game I felt sorry for him when he fell for it hahaha it was like watching a gag scene or something , and I laughed so hard when KBM hugged ricky and his butt crack was showing hahahahha !!! sadly they put 19+ sign on it, to them its okay to look at the native's private parts but not allowed to see the hot guy's pretty crack xD 

I agree with you on Tae Mi I mean she looks nice but instead of just talking and walking around I think she should use her skills since she knows martial arts she should be strong enough to lift few things and cut them ! I mean I understand that Kwanghee doesn't do much because he is an idol and he doesn't really have much skills other than his job which is singing, but he always tries his best to help ! which is so nice of him. but since she got on the show I haven't really seen her doing anything more than walking around and collecting food.

and yes the natives going down the ladder shocked me as well and it was funny to cover Tae Mi's eyes hehe . 

they were also a bit scary when they wanted to shoot them as a joke =_= it scared me a bit hehe, I was starting to think that the natives weren't being nice but turns out I was wrong ! which is good ^-^ 

yeah I dont think the show is gonna get any kind of celebs .. I think they'll try to find ones who actually want to experience these kind of trips, like those hard core celebs I guess hehe.. but yeah KBM feet looked all wrinkly and white I felt sorry for him .. I wish I can give them some lotion and some blow dryer to dry their feet and socks and clothes. 

Yeah the tree scared me !! even ricky was shocked, thank god nothing bad happened .. I think if KBM didn't have such great reflexes he might have gotten himself hurt. 

and GOD it gave me goosebumps what the native did with that larvae !!!! I was like WOWWWWW  I rather let my ear get all dirty than let a larvae in my ear >___< !! 

but watching this trip over all makes me miss RyuDam <3 he was funny and so nice and friendly <3 I wish he could come back .. even thought I know this place is not safe for him but I do miss him ! 

Ugh I'm having trouble to how I can multi quote you on each part but i'll try to make myself as clear as I can ^^ 

yeah, I dunno how to multi quote either other than just doing it manually by copying & pasting the quote tags. There must be an easier way but I never figured out how to do it haha.

yeah I gotta say the natives are quite interesting.. but the fact that they were completely naked shocked me a little xD 

I mean If I was there I would have a hard time looking at them hehe. 

Yeah Noh Woo Jin opened up a little, I find him quite adorable how he tried to do some of his gags on them even though they couldn't understand hehe . 

and it was funny how they were dancing along with  Kwanghee when he did his performance *quoted image*

Those natives were hilarious when they were dancing to Kwanghee perf "Here I Am" & later I think it was the eldest native who started dancing along with Noh Woo Jin & Ricky when they started to sing along to Chae Yeon's "Duriseo"...na nana na nanana! :lol:

yeah Noh Woo Jin was hilarious when he was acting all jealousy because of Ricky when they were trying to tie the wood with KBM xD

when they were playing "who can hold their head underwater the longest" game I felt sorry for him when he fell for it hahaha it was like watching a gag scene or something , and I laughed so hard when KBM hugged ricky and his butt crack was showing hahahahha !!! sadly they put 19+ sign on it, to them its okay to look at the native's private parts but not allowed to see the hot guy's pretty crack xD

haha, oh man I laughed so hard when I saw that black bar with the 19+ graphic. I thought they were going to have to "blur" out Noh Woo Jin's butt too when Ricky was tugging on his pants in the river & NWJ was crying out to Ricky to stop cuz he wasn't wearing any underwear! blush.gif

I agree with you on Tae Mi I mean she looks nice but instead of just talking and walking around I think she should use her skills since she knows martial arts she should be strong enough to lift few things and cut them ! I mean I understand that Kwanghee doesn't do much because he is an idol and he doesn't really have much skills other than his job which is singing, but he always tries his best to help ! which is so nice of him. but since she got on the show I haven't really seen her doing anything more than walking around and collecting food.

Yep, she's a black belt in taekwondo & she even showed off some of her skills to the natives this ep & also earlier when they were first introduced but she's been a disappointment so far. I thought maybe she would break some of the firewood with her kicks or something for entertainment but so far, she's just a folding screen. -_-

and yes the natives going down the ladder shocked me as well and it was funny to cover Tae Mi's eyes hehe . 

they were also a bit scary when they wanted to shoot them as a joke =_= it scared me a bit hehe, I was starting to think that the natives weren't being nice but turns out I was wrong ! which is good ^-^

IKR?! i was freaking out when they were pointing there bow & arrows at them. Good thing they were just joking & playing along but still kinda scary. :sweatingbullets:

yeah I dont think the show is gonna get any kind of celebs .. I think they'll try to find ones who actually want to experience these kind of trips, like those hard core celebs I guess hehe.. but yeah KBM feet looked all wrinkly and white I felt sorry for him .. I wish I can give them some lotion and some blow dryer to dry their feet and socks and clothes.

yeah, it would be nice if they were able to at least change their socks or have a chance to dry them out. I noticed it can look sunny & nice one minute and then, bam! out of nowhere, it'll start pouring. I think the weather is one of the main reasons why Papua is so much tougher than Africa...it might've been hot as hell in Namibia but at least it was dry.

Your idea about the blow dryer made me think that the staff must have a portable generator somewhere cuz what are they using to power the cameras & lights? Unless they are using solar power or something? :unsure:

Yeah the tree scared me !! even ricky was shocked, thank god nothing bad happened .. I think if KBM didn't have such great reflexes he might have gotten himself hurt. 

and GOD it gave me goosebumps what the native did with that larvae !!!! I was like WOWWWWW  I rather let my ear get all dirty than let a larvae in my ear >___< !! 

but watching this trip over all makes me miss RyuDam <3 he was funny and so nice and friendly <3 I wish he could come back .. even thought I know this place is not safe for him but I do miss him ! 

yeah that larvae thing was really trippy. I was WTH is he putting that in his ear? :crazy:

yep, I miss Ryu Dam too. :tears: It was him & Kwanghee that really made that Africa adventure what it was IMO. Ryu Dam didn't do a lot in terms of survival skills like KBM & Ricky but his outgoing personality really helped lighten things up on the show especially his funny interactions with the Himba tribe. :lol: Like you mentioned earlier, it's the same with Kwanghee. He's pretty useless too (unless you count his good 'hunting' eyes lol) around camp but he's always good for a few laughs every ep.

its exam period so i am on half haitus~ havent been able to keep up with the show but i saw this :

http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20120114082005334

the rating of the last epi of the show is 16,7%!!!~~ and last week it was 12.9%!~ the show hav a very high rating!~ ;_; they say its all bcoz of KBM's tears at the end~ *sigh* will hav to catch up with the show later~

Guest Nomuchowa

its exam period so i am on half haitus~ havent been able to keep up with the show but i saw this :

http://media.daum.ne...120114082005334

the rating of the last epi of the show is 16,7%!!!~~ and last week it was 12.9%!~ the show hav a very high rating!~ ;_; they say its all bcoz of KBM's tears at the end~ *sigh* will hav to catch up with the show later~

I just finished my last final exam today ! I hope you do well on yours and keep up with the show <3

but is this the last episode ?? I mean episode 11 .. or is there gonna be a second season ?

I really hope KBM does another program soon !! he is awesome <3

Guest Nomuchowa

yeah, I dunno how to multi quote either other than just doing it manually by copying & pasting the quote tags. There must be an easier way but I never figured out how to do it haha.

Those natives were hilarious when they were dancing to Kwanghee perf "Here I Am" & later I think it was the eldest native who started dancing along with Noh Woo Jin & Ricky when they started to sing along to Chae Yeon's "Duriseo"...na nana na nanana!  :lol:

haha, oh man I laughed so hard when I saw that black bar with the 19+ graphic. I thought they were going to have to "blur" out Noh Woo Jin's butt too when Ricky was tugging on his pants in the river & NWJ was crying out to Ricky to stop cuz he wasn't wearing any underwear!  blush.gif

Yep, she's a black belt in taekwondo & she even showed off some of her skills to the natives this ep & also earlier when they were first introduced but she's been a disappointment so far. I thought maybe she would break some of the firewood with her kicks or something for entertainment but so far, she's just a folding screen.  -_-

IKR?! i was freaking out when they were pointing there bow & arrows at them. Good thing they were just joking & playing along but still kinda scary.  :sweatingbullets:

yeah, it would be nice if they were able to at least change their socks or have a chance to dry them out. I noticed it can look sunny & nice one minute and then, bam! out of nowhere, it'll start pouring. I think the weather is one of the main reasons why Papua is so much tougher than Africa...it might've been hot as hell in Namibia but at least it was dry.

Your idea about the blow dryer made me think that the staff must have a portable generator somewhere cuz what are they using to power the cameras & lights? Unless they are using solar power or something?  :unsure:

yeah that larvae thing was really trippy. I was WTH is he putting that in his ear?  :crazy:

yep, I miss Ryu Dam too.  :tears:  It was him & Kwanghee that really made that Africa adventure what it was IMO. Ryu Dam didn't do a lot in terms of survival skills like KBM & Ricky but his outgoing personality really helped lighten things up on the show especially his funny interactions with the Himba tribe.  :lol:  Like you mentioned earlier, it's the same with Kwanghee. He's pretty useless too (unless you count his good 'hunting' eyes lol) around camp but he's always good for a few laughs every ep.

In the last episode alot of things I thought they were quite interesting.. 1- the tree falling was pretty scary .. but I think they made more fuss to add some sort of action into the program haha.. 

2- When KBM went up to that tree house.. I LOVED THE VIEW it sure was worth the trouble of going up .. but I think it took alot of courage for him to do so .. I'd crap my pants if I was on the tree house knowing only few woods are keeping me from falling xD but damn~ the view was spectacular  !!

3- Those maggots that they tried to eat .. I got goosebumps just looking at them >_< wacko.gif If it was up to me I rather starve than eat them ! but it was funny how they played songs while it was dancing hehe

4- the amount of flies was annoying !! I would get really irritated if a fly stands on my face every second xD but it was funny how  Noh Woo Jin was commenting about them and joking around :3 

5- the way kwanghee was sleeping LMAO !! it was hilarious !! I wonder how he breathes .. but I can get how paranoid he is ... I mean I would be scared if a fly or something crawls and goes up my nose or mouth or something haha. 

6- I didnt get it at first but after watching the whole episode till the ending I understood that one of the PDs was missing .. It was quite scary I gotta say .. and its a nice twist for the ending episode.. but I wonder how he got lost from the first place .. I mean ...its not like he wonders alone .. but yeah the ending was nice. :3 

In the last episode alot of things I thought they were quite interesting.. 1- the tree falling was pretty scary .. but I think they made more fuss to add some sort of action into the program haha.. 

2- When KBM went up to that tree house.. I LOVED THE VIEW it sure was worth the trouble of going up .. but I think it took alot of courage for him to do so .. I'd crap my pants if I was on the tree house knowing only few woods are keeping me from falling xD but damn~ the view was spectacular  !!

3- Those maggots that they tried to eat .. I got goosebumps just looking at them >_< *quoted image* If it was up to me I rather starve than eat them ! but it was funny how they played songs while it was dancing hehe

4- the amount of flies was annoying !! I would get really irritated if a fly stands on my face every second xD but it was funny how  Noh Woo Jin was commenting about them and joking around :3 

5- the way kwanghee was sleeping LMAO !! it was hilarious !! I wonder how he breathes .. but I can get how paranoid he is ... I mean I would be scared if a fly or something crawls and goes up my nose or mouth or something haha. 

6- I didnt get it at first but after watching the whole episode till the ending I understood that one of the PDs was missing .. It was quite scary I gotta say .. and its a nice twist for the ending episode.. but I wonder how he got lost from the first place .. I mean ...its not like he wonders alone .. but yeah the ending was nice. :3 

yeah, that was puzzling how that one senior PD managed to get lost? :unsure: I thought he was walking with the group too? Man, it was kinda sad to see KBM crying when he realized he would be leaving on the plane without that PD & also that maknae PD who was balling her eyes out. :tears:

I would be kinda pissed if I was the crew tho'...they barely got any sleep or eaten anything and they have to trek 7 hrs at breakneck pace thru that dense jungle to catch the landing zone for the plane?! :blink: That PD that got lost was kinda on the older side too (think he was 54) & he prolly got lost pushing himself to make it before the deadline. Jeez, I was thinking the worst for a sec cuz it was getting dark & even with the search helicopter, it was like looking for a needle in a haystack with all that dense foliage! But glad they finally found him, none the worse for wear really except being a bit dehydrated & his legs had all those bug bites.

Speaking of bugs, sheesh! It was amazing they managed to get a wink of sleep with all the mosquitoes flying around at night. Eventually, KBM had enuff & had to build a fire next to the hut & keep it stoked all night to have the smoke keep away the bugs. yeah, I don't blame Kwanghee a bit. I would prolly do the same in that situation & keep every part of my body as covered as possible. It was funny tho' the way he had this hat covering his face & his hoody pulled tight around it haha. I guess breathing is an afterthought. :lol:

yep, if it wasn't the mosquitoes, it was the flies! :wacko: It was funny when Noh Woo Jin was flustered by all the flies & was demonstrating with his hands how big he wished the flies were, so that he can punch 'em haha. Guess he was making a play on words with that whole 'party people' thing cuz I think fly in Korean is "pari".

yeah, those wood beetle larvae looked gross for sure! :crazy: But I heard KBM say once he toasted 'em in the fire, that they taste better than those silk worm larvae that Korea street vendors sell as snacks ...guess when you're hungry, anything tastes good hehe. Did you see Noh Woo Jin pretend that undercooked one tasted good? They were asking if it tasted so good then how come his eyes were watering up? lol

haha, that was funny when KBM was holding one of those larvae & they were playing all these Kpop songs in sync with the larvae twitching. Also when KBM cracked on Kwanghee about his nose surgery by saying that larvae was prolly the same size as the silicone implant he got in his nose haha. Kwanghee even said those larvae were cute & kept a couple as his "friends" & Ricky and Noh Woo Jin were saying he named them 'silicone' & 'implant' :lol:

That whole rivalry thing between Noh Woo Jin & Ricky was hilarious too. They kept showing flashback clips of NWJ feeling dissed by Ricky haha. I didn't realize they are just a year apart in age but guess the whole "hyung" thing still applies lol. They decided to settle it once & for all with a ssireum wrestling best 2 out of 3 match. KBM said that Ricky is a good athlete but his one weakness is that he sucks at ssireum but he still managed to beat NWJ tho' haha.

yep, that view from that 45m high tree house was stunning! I would've loved to trade places with KBM at that moment when he was peering from that perch taking in the views of the jungle. It was kinda scary tho' when he was climbing without any type of harness but glad they at least jerry-rigged a safety harness for him when he got closer to the top. KBM said he would have regrets later if he didn't try & make it to the top & good for him that he was able to do it. yeah, he is one brave dude for sure!

Phew, they were pretty fortunate that tree missed 'em while they were sleeping in their hut. I just heard a big boom & thought lightning had brought down a tree but didn't realize what was going on until they showed that recreation of the tree narrowly missed crashing down on 'em. :sweatingbullets:

http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20120114082005334

Glad to hear the show is doing well ratings wise & is a hit for SBS! btw, welcome back & I soooo missed your excellent summaries & translations. :D

I just finished my last final exam today ! I hope you do well on yours and keep up with the show <3

but is this the last episode ?? I mean episode 11 .. or is there gonna be a second season ?

I really hope KBM does another program soon !! he is awesome <3

There will definitely be a season 2 with the excellent ratings this show has garnered so far. I'm curious to see where the crew will go next? Hopefully, it won't be as harsh as Papua, so the show can attract some bigger name celebs for next season.

Looks like the teaser at the end of this finale showed a final wrap up to season 1 "behind the scenes" special to be aired next week. I'm excited to be able to see Ryu Dam back with the crew once again...should be fun! ;)

Archived