Hi Hi :-h
I'm here. Funny thing happened to me today. I thought the movie started at 4 pm eastern time, and I had to shovel snow, so I started the movie a little earlier. I'm on the last part of the movie. So far, so good. More to add after I finish this movie :D 
Happy Viewing :) 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farstrep

@Yuuni: Slightly over 2 hours.

@myphim: Thanks for the drinks. I need them. :P

EDIT:
@Hanjae and @shengvang: Hurry! We're starting soon, in about 5 minutes.

Guest farstrep

@sia3: You're just in time. We'll give the rest another 3 more minutes, then we'll start.

The rest can catch up with us later.

@Yuuni: I'm sure there are others who are watching live eg. @Hanjae. Playlist 1 is better, for my case.

EDIT:

@Maja: See you later!! :-h

sia3 said: I'm here to report myself! ^ ^

How's everybody today? Daejang @myphim bujiang @farstrep @Maja @Hanjae @jasy cute @shengvang @guadi @Yuuni @Anomalous

Ohhhh bubble tea, myphim!
Pudding too!!! Yummmm
I'm still eating my breakfast!

Guest farstrep

@myphim and everyone: I think we'll start now, shall we? Now!!!! :P The rest can catch up with us when they come in.

@kappy: Hello! :-h You're just in time.

@farstrep @sia3 @Yuuni - I actually changed my mind late last night and watched it ahead of time. :)) I was up til 3am finishing the movie, so now I actually look like a panda. ;))

Guest farstrep

I read from an online review (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/rurouni-kenshin-busan-review-keishi-otomo-376891) that the civil war scene is shot through a blue filter to emphasize its other-worldliness.

kaoru1_zps545ea24e.jpg

bluefilter01_zpsa5d9d43e.jpg

I wonder if it's also done to shock the audience. After getting used to the blueness of the scene, the sudden appearance of the clear crimson red blood dotting the sword can be quite disturbing.

bloddyswe13_zps948114a9.jpg

bloodysw5_zpse358a76c.jpg

Guest farstrep

Sorry, guys, my commentary might be delayed because something went wrong with my formatting and I have to manually adjust it.

The appearance of our male protagonist... he looks really fierce and formidable as he swings his Katana in the air, all ready to bring down the final strike on his opponent!

fierceassassin10_zpsaef61d24.jpg

and his legendary cross scar... it looks scarier in this close-up shot.

legendscar1_zps352ff616.jpg

I love the fight scenes with the Hitokiri Battousai. Unfortunately, the beauty is completely lost in stills. But @myphim has made a whole series of them for us to savor and admire. Thank you again!! *Hugs*

batork16_zpsed81e0d4.jpg

Even when Saito Hajime is fighting, he is still smoking his cigarette. Does he die of lung cancer or some cardiovascular disease in the manga/anime in the end?

goro9_zps812dce89.jpg

Archived