samurai-x-quotes-41.jpg
credits: jlabscrib.blogspot.com

rurounikenshinfrontb.jpg
credits: tsdfrontcovers.wordpress.com

kina.jpg
credits: therurouniblog.com

RurouniKenshinPremiere02.jpg
credits: www.otakucosplayph.com

myphim said: azzurri said: @myphim.... great post! Love Koala's review. I'm glad that on the whole, despite her hating Faith (still bitter about that, LOL), most times her writings are spot on. I LOL-ed at this: I henceforth give thee all permission to go forth and fall in love with Sato Takeru as Himura Kenshin, one-half world weary peerless warrior, one-half mellow easy-going nice guy.
Unfortunately Daejang has spoiled me for any one else, even the awesomeness that is Himura Kenshin. ;)

Guest farstrep

azzurri said: myphim said: azzurri said: @myphim.... great post! Love Koala's review. I'm glad that on the whole, despite her hating Faith (still bitter about that, LOL), most times her writings are spot on. I LOL-ed at this: I henceforth give thee all permission to go forth and fall in love with Sato Takeru as Himura Kenshin, one-half world weary peerless warrior, one-half mellow easy-going nice guy.
Unfortunately Daejang has spoiled me for any one else, even the awesomeness that is Himura Kenshin. ;)

@farstrep, I watched a little of the anime on Youtube, and now I'm really amazed at the casting. Takeru Sato is just perfect as Kenshin, I think he even walks like the anime version. LOL
Sigh. Takeru Sato is slowly reeling me in, never watched his work before this. Have to go hunt me some doramas. ;)

Guest farstrep

@azzurri: I am with you on Takeru Sato. I am with you. ;)) I think I will try Kamen Rider first. It looks interesting. :P

Ost tracks
http://youtu.be/ukWddh0iTVc

Guest farstrep

More instrumental tracks from the OST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3htIUhkbA&feature=share&list=UUyPIyXd_OXotGiDTOrT_SPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_30W5FEZjM&feature=share&list=UUyPIyXd_OXotGiDTOrT_SPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIgtXdTj18s&feature=share&list=UUyPIyXd_OXotGiDTOrT_SPA

More tracks can be found on the site.

Guest farstrep

LA Eiga Fest: ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ Live-Action Film [Review]

January 18, 2013

by Elizabeth Chan | staff writer

On December 14th, LA EigaFest opened up its 2012 film festival featuring some of the greatest Japanese blockbusters of the year with a bang by providing the first and only United States screening of Rurouni Kenshin.

Crowds assembled at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood and watched the red carpet event just before opening ceremonies, where various stars and performers that would appear throughout the weekend made their way into the venue.  When the opening ceremonies started, Rurouni Kenshin director Keishi Otomo and actor, Munetaka Aoki (Sanosuke Sagara), were introduced with an uproar of applause.  After a warm welcome and short history lesson on the Egyptian Theatre from none other than George Takei (who garnered an incredible response from the crowd), the much anticipated film began.

As can be expected from a live-action film version, there was a departure from the manga and anime in how the story was presented. Otomo addressed this during the Q&A session later that night, but nevertheless, the film delivered what was most important —  bringing the spirit and embodiment of the story and characters from Rurouni Kenshin to life in a three dimensional live-action film.

The lighting and cinematography perfectly set the stage for the era. While not necessarily as brightly colored as the anime rendition or the brilliantly drawn art pieces from Nobuhiro Watsuki’s manga, it was a perfect reflection of the actual historical period of Meiji Japan and brought the audience into that period.

The costume design was given a similar approach, as everything that was used perfectly simulated what the characters’ outfits should look like should they have been real people, and with great attention to detail as even Yahiko’s top had the trademark pattern that allowed the audience to know who he was.  Otomo commented that they had invested great care into these aspects of the film as they didn’t want it to seem like people cosplaying the characters, but rather show the characters come to life in three dimensions.

All of the actors fit their respective parts perfectly.  The performance from Takeru Sato, who played the part of Himura Battosai, was especially spectacular and on point.  Sato was easily able to balance between Kenshin’s amazingly serious prowess as a swordsman and killer with the light-hearted nature he adopts as a rurouni, while fluidly being able to turn it on and off like a switch where appropriate. There is no doubt that he was the perfect actor for the role. Otomo even thought so when he worked with him on the hit taiga drama, Ryomaden, commenting that he had decided do the project if he found the right actor and he found him in Sato.

Not only that, but Otomo mentioned that going from the television period drama Ryomaden to the Kenshin film, it was as if Sato was also giving new life to the villainous Izo Okada whom he had portrayed previously.  Behind the scenes, Sato put in months of training to get the movements right for the role and build up his speed.  He went so far with the role as to vow that if he didn’t do it justice, that he would quit acting because even he himself was a huge fan of the series when he was younger.

live action kenshin

Munetaka Aoki‘s performance as Sanosuke was a wonderful display of his jovial brawler spirit.  His movements seemed like a true embodiment of Sanosuke coupled with his loose clothing and random and impromptu fighting style. While in many images, Sanosuke is seen with something like a fish bone or piece of wheat in his mouth, this would have seemed too cartoon-ish and unrealistic in a live action film, so Aoki opted to try to bring out the same spirit as those items by having his Sanosuke consume food items like a bowl of raw egg randomly before or during a fight.

The ladies of the film are not to be ignored either as, contrary to other opinions, Emi Takei and Yu Aoi were just as perfect in their renditions of Kaoru Kamiya and Megumi Takani.  While I do think that Aoi was a younger Megumi than I would have imagined for the part, since Megumi is supposed to be more of a mature older sister for Kaoru, I don’t think that her beauty was outshined by Emi Takei, as her version of Megumi represented the more traditionally Japanese and ladylike character that Megumi should be.

Takei on the other hand seems to embody more modern beauty aesthetics. That, coupled with Kaoru’s tomboy-ish character, makes her someone who would stand out in Meiji Japan as not being the most appealing lady on the block.  Although a minor role in the film (as the film version incorporates more of a serious tone), Taketo Tanaka’s portrayal of Yahiko was full of energy and spunk, and as eager as many fans remember him to be from the anime and manga.

On the side of the villains, Kanryu Takeda and Jin-e respectively played by Teruyuki Kagawa and Koji Kikkawa, were as utterly despicable as they should be.  Kanryu’s greed and love of money as the answer to all of his woes was highlighted with the most precise amount of extravagance – from the white rabbit on his desk to the exotic dogs that grazed in the front yard of his mansion estate.

The evil intent that emanated from Kikkawa’s Jin-e was chilling and made his usage of Shin-no-Ippo thrillingly believable.  His voice is even about the same tone as the original anime voice actor Akio Otsuka, which added another layer of live action manifestation to his character.

Plot-wise, the film encompassed the equivalent of about the first 10 episodes of anime and the first 30 chapters of the manga, but much more amalgamated together, with the entire event with Takeda being mixed in with the previous story with the Hiruma Brothers.  The beloved Hajime Saito, who originally did not have that big of a part to play at this point in the story, took the place of both Police Chief Uramura (Chief Muraki in the anime) and to some extent in the final showdown, Aoshi Shinomori.  Udo Jin-e, as well, partly took the place of Aoshi as one of Takeda’s hired men.  Accordingly, since Aoshi wasn’t there, neither was the Oniwabanshu. The other principle muscle present were Gein and Inui Banjin, who were two of Enishi’s Six Comrades from the Jinchu Arc much later on in the manga.  Although I’m sure many fans were disappointed that Aoshi was not part of this first film, I’m certain that many were excited to see Saito. The inclusion of too many characters would have been detrimental to the narrative flow of the film.  There was, however, a significant flashback to an event of great importance in the Jinchu Arc that many will remember as part of the Tsuiokuhen OVA.

rurouni-kenshin-live-action-movie-image-

Initially, the mixture of events could have seemed problematic to many fans, but the way in which this mixture of stories took place was wonderfully executed and left room for greater developments should there be subsequent films.  Otomo commented in this regard that there is a distinctly different way of story telling from film to manga. In a film, you really only have about two hours to tell such a broad story.  With that in mind, the edits made to collapse the Hiruma Brothers story with that of Megumi and Kanryu Takeda was a smart choice, as even Watsuki had mentioned before that the later story mirrored the events in the earlier one.  Allowing Saito to be the principle police officer instead of Uramura allowed for an earlier introduction and the removal of a character that was rather minor in the scheme of the overall plot.  Gein and Inui Banjin originally come from a later arc and were definitely out of place, but the two of them offer a creative twist that can be fleshed out in a later film.  Time would also not have been friendly to the development of a third principle villain in Aoshi, so placing Jin-e in his place was a great choice to both incorporate one of the more memorable tales of redemption with Megumi and one of the most fascinating battles in the series in the face off between Kenshin and Jin-e.

**HERE THERE BE SPOILERS**

The battle with Jin-e was surely a spectacular way to end the film as well.  The entire film was filled with enthralling action sequences with incredible footage because the actors got in shape to do the stunts themselves, but the pivotal battle against Jin-e alone made for an excellent finale.  Kenshin’s struggle with his former self as Jin-e baits him and his eventual success at remaining true to his vows and new way of life is a testament of hope and one of the earliest – as well as meaningful – depictions of redemption in the series.

The story at the mansion was definitely a great, uplifting development where Kenshin saves the day and was certainly another story of redemption on the part of Megumi, but the film is about Kenshin, so the film should end with Kenshin kicking butt and his own struggle with his past as Hitokiri Battousai and end it with that, it did.

**END OF SPOILERS**

To round it all off,  the intro to ONE OK ROCK’s theme song for the film, “The Beginning” starts as the film ends.  The title and lyrics for the song are definitely very appropriate for this film as even though it works as a stand alone film, there are also plenty of elements that can easily feed into sequels.  Many fans will for sure clamor for more of Saito, the official introduction of Aoshi, and would salivate at the idea of there being a live action rendition of Makoto Shishio.  Truly, it is just as Taka sings as the final line of the theme song, “It finally begins.”

The Blu-Ray and DVD for the film came out in Japan on December 26, 2012 with both deluxe and regular editions available.  The single for the theme song was released on August 22, 2012.

source: http://inside.anime-expo.org/ax-scoop/featured/2013-01/la-eiga-fest-rurouni-kenshin-live-action-film-review/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

class="headline" Sitges 2012 Review: RUROUNI KENSHIN Is A Pleasant Surprise Guillem Rosset
October 12, 2:00 pm

Rurouni_Kenshin_poster-thumb-300xauto-29

When I learned that the live-action film based on Rurouni Kenshin was selected for screening on Sitges I was pleasantly surprised. The timing couldn't be better, as I had finished reading the original manga just a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. On the other hand, making the translation from manga to a live-action film is always tricky. There's always the risk of becoming something too bizarre if they go for an accurate visual style, or straying too much from the source material and becoming something else. Rurouni Kenshin is one the most successful and acclaimed series of all time, both in its original manga and anime forms, so the challenge of translating the skilled swordsman's adventures to the silver screen was pretty big. And I'm very happy to say that the final result delivers. The film's director Keishi Otomo and his crew have managed to make a film that stays true to the original source while being a very enjoyable film on its own.

The story is set around 1878, in the first years of the new Meiji era. Kenshin Himura is a wanderer swordsman who carries a dark secret from his past. He was formerly known as the assassin Hitokiri Battosai, a deadly samurai who fought in the Bakumatsu war in the Emperor's side and contributed to its victory through the trail of dead people he left behind. But now Himura wanders the countryside of Japan offering protection and aid to those in need as a way to redeem himself of the murders he committed, carrying a reverse-bladed sword unable to kill. As he arrives Tokyo he's confronted by Kaoru Kamiya, the young and beautiful heir of a kendo dojo, because someone who claims to be the Battosai has been killing people using the name of her kendo school. At the same time, Takeda Kanryu is a cunning money-minded industrialist who's trying to establish nationwide control of the opium trade forcing doctor Megumi Takani to work for him. Megumi manages to escape and asks for shelter in Kaoru's dojo, thus becoming a target to Kanryu and his band of assassins. So Kenshin decides to join forces with Sanosuke Sagara, a street fighter, to bring down Kanryu's gang and their drug empire.

The film takes the first two major archs of the manga series and merges together with some changes, throwing some of Kenshin's backstory in the mix. Considering the length of the original story it's certainly a wise decision to not try to fit in too much in one single film, so the result is a film that works both as a standalone but also one that could perfectly serve as the first chapter of a saga. The casting is pretty good, and those go you familiar with the manga will have no problems identifying your favorite character. Takeru Satoh does an excellent job as Kenshin, portraying the two sides of the titular swordsman both as the gentle wanderer and the cold blooded killer, and he's surprisingly strong in the fight scenes.

The action scenes are easily one of the highlights of the film. Director Keishi Otomo has done a wonderful job portraying those, delivering some of the best swordplay scenes in recent years. One thing that impressed me the most was the tremendous sense of physicality of the fight scenes. Considering that some of the fighter's skills border the superhuman powers, they managed to make those scenes perfectly believable, without getting into some of the problems involving the use of wires in those kind of choreographies like the usual "floaty" feeling. The balance between action and drama is quite well balanced, always moving the film forward at a good pace.

All in all, I really enjoyed this film. I'm always a little wary of this kind of adaptations, because more often than not they can go wrong. It's true that maybe the audience coming into the film without previous knowledge of Rurouni Kenshin's world could find some minor issues here and there, but I'm pretty sure they won't have a bad time watching it. I'm really looking forward to the future of this live-action adaptation, that certainly proves that translating from paper to screen can result in a wonderful experience
source: http://twitchfilm.com/2012/10/sitges-2012-review-rurouni-kenshin-is-a-pleasant-surprise.html

@myphim
No Tomoe is from the past she was the one that gave Kenshin the second scar on his face, she was the fiancee of the man that gave Kenshin the first scar who he killed (the one in the flashback), she found out it was Battousai that killed her fiance and wanted to take revenge but she eventually fell in love with him due to spending time with him ;)
@azzurri it's ok ;))

Guest farstrep

Review: 5 reasons to watch 'Rurouni Kenshin'

By Karen Flores, ABS-CBNnews.com Posted at 12/06/2012 7:30 PM | Updated as of 12/11/2012 12:32 PM

This is a spoiler-free review.

MANILA, Philippines – More than three months since it was released in Japan, the live action film adaptation of the hit manga and anime series “Rurouni Kenshin,” more popularly known here as “Samurai X,” finally hit selected cinemas in the country on Wednesday, December 5.

And for a “Rurouni Kenshin” fan such as myself, it was certainly worth the wait.

For the uninitiated, the movie tells the story of Kenshin Himura (Himura Kenshin in the anime and movie; the Japanese say the surname first), an assassin turned repentant wanderer who protects the people of Japan.

Here are five reasons why you should watch this awesome movie, which is currently screened at selected SM cinemas.

1. It was made in Japan.

No offense meant to Americans, but leave it to the Japanese to direct and star in their own masterpieces. Those who have seen the American-made critical failure “Dragonball Evolution,” which was based on the much-loved “Dragon Ball” series, should know this very well.

While it is produced by Warner Bros., the live action “Rurouni Kenshin” movie was directed by Keishi Otomo, who took a lot of time writing the script, focusing more on the characters’ emotions instead of relying on exaggerated wire action scenes (there still are, though) and computer graphics.

Otomo also had the support of Nobuhiro Watsuki (the original author of the manga and anime series) as he was doing the film, so he was right on track.

It’s just like when you’re looking for a good Japanese restaurant. How can you usually tell that the place is good? If the chefs and cooks are Japanese, and there are plenty of Japanese customers. Of course, there are exceptions.

2. The casting was spot-on.

Getting “Kamen Rider Den-O” star Takeru Satoh as Himura is probably the best decision that Otomo made in connection with the film.

Aside from being able to pull off the protagonist’s outfit and long red hair, Satoh effectively portrayed Himura’s character, down to the smallest details – from the way he runs, jumps and draws his sword, to his sleeping position and the light moments when he delivers his signature line: “oro?”

rurounikenshin.jpg
Takeru Satoh plays the role of Kenshin Himura in the live action film adaptation of "Rurouni Kenshin".

Emi Takei performed well as Kaoru Kamiya, a strong-minded woman who runs a dojo left by her late father, and Himura’s leading lady of sorts. She looks simple yet pretty, just like in the anime and manga, but at some point it seems like her acting is subdued – she could have been more tomboyish, particularly in the scenes when she is with her lone student, Myojin Yahiko.

The Japanese actors who played the roles of the rest of Himura’s gang – Yahiko, the rough and rowdy Sanosuke Sagara and the flirtatious Megumi Takani – were exactly how I imagined them while watching the anime. The same goes for the antagonists – from the creepy Jin-e Udo to the money-minded Kanryu Takeda – and even the random thugs and police officers.

Perhaps the only noticeable difference between the portrayals in the manga/anime and in the live action movie was Hajime Saito, a former member of the special police force Shinsengumi who eventually became a spy agent working for the Meiji government. Although he looked way better than the Saito sketch, Yosuke Eguchi played the part well, being able to pull off the character’s left-handed stab called the “gatotsu.”

3. The backdrop was incredibly accurate.

The live action “Rurouni Kenshin” movie was set against a backdrop of 1870s Japan that is so accurate it’s scary. Every detail was well thought out, from the wooden boards and bath at the Kamiya dojo and Takeda’s mansion, to the Akabeko restaurant where Himura’s gang would usually hang out to eat and celebrate.

Combine these with the perfect cast and you’d feel like the “Rurouni Kenshin” manga and anime were literally brought to life.

4. The story was well-woven.

It is a huge challenge for any filmmaker to fit the many characters and storylines of a long book or series in two or three hours. Thankfully, Otomo was able to do things properly for the “Rurouni Kenshin” live action movie.

Of course, this was not done without altering some of the scenes in the original material. Although the changes are not that obvious, fans would easily notice how some characters played a double role, and how others were suddenly made to fight when they’re not supposed to, for instance.

Otomo did a great job of removing the unnecessary scenes and characters, and giving more attention and depth to the more important ones, making every second of the movie count.

5. It will bring you back to your childhood.

Just the sight of Himura doing his thing with his sakabato or reverse-edged sword is enough reason to catch the live action movie, as this will make you reminisce the good old days, back when you stopped all your activities to tune in to “Rurouni Kenshin” on TV.

And I am not alone in thinking this. The audience, composed mainly of people in their mid-20s, can be heard cheering and roaring loudly throughout the movie -- something I have not witnessed in a long while. Several moviegoers were even talking about the scenes non-stop after leaving the theater.

To those who have not watched the anime or read the manga, don't fret – whether you're a die-hard fan or a newcomer, you will still get that warm and fuzzy feeling the moment Himura says "Tadaima."

Rating: 4.9 out of 5

source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/12/06/12/review-5-reasons-watch-rurouni-kenshin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

class="singlePageTitle"Rurouni Kenshin movie review

How a red-haired ‘samurai’ wandered back into Pinoys’ hearts

By Angela V. Ignacio
Philippine Daily Inquirer 3:22 am | Saturday, December 15th, 2012

600x450xt1215kenshin_feat6_1.jpg.pagespe

MANWITH A PAST Kenshin Himura faces off with his biggest opponent: His alter-ego, Battousai.

“Nooo!” One guy wailed, looking utterly crushed when the ticket booth personnel told him the theater was already full. If he dropped on his knees and said the world was about to end, we wouldn’t really blame him. It was past 10 p.m. on a Friday night, and the SM Mall of Asia Cinema ticket booth was still crowded with panicking “Rurouni Kenshin” fans. That night, even had to open one more cinema at the last minute to accommodate the demand. All this for one man who, quite literally, bears a cross for everyone to see.

Based on the blockbuster manga series by Nobuhiro Watsuki, “Rurouni Kenshin” (also known as “Samurai X”) tells the fictional tale of Kenshin Himura (Takeru Satoh, “Kamen Rider Den-O”), a reformed Meiji-Era swordsman who wanders around Japan helping people in need with his reverse-edged sword, all the while battling the bloodthirsty ghosts of his dark past.

224x149xt1215kenshin_feat6_3-300x200.jpg

STILL STANDING Kenshin and Sanosuke effortlessly take down multiple opponents in a blink.

The movie was released in Japan in late August and was subsequently licensed in several different countries. After months of speculation and postponed release dates, SM Cinema confirmed that it has acquired the rights to show the film in selected theaters nationwide as part of its CinExclusive lineup. The movie had been so in demand, with all theaters packed from morning till night since its Dec. 5 premiere, that SM had extended its limited run to one more week.

Perfect fit

The plot is a mashup of the first two story arcs in the manga and anime, with a few minor modifications. It revolves around Kenshin locking horns with greedy opium dealer Kanryuu Takeda and beady-eyed sellsword Jin-e, and meeting young kendo instructor Kamiya Kaoru while on her vengeful quest to find the “Battousai” criminal who’s allegedly been killing innocents in her dojo’s name.

231x129xt1215kenshin_feat6_4-300x168.jpg

READY TOSTRIKE Hajime Saitou’s iconic stance for his left-handed thrust

The characters are all perfectly cast. Satoh’s Kenshin looks very realistic, to say the least, from the small, wiry build to the discreet red tint of his hair and the cross-shaped scar. Something’s a bit lacking in his portrayal of the duality of his character’s nature (gentle, bumbling Kenshin and the cold-blooded Battousai), but what’s important is that he was able to pull it off throughout the entire film.

Whenever present, the supporting characters stole the show in their own way. As the female leads, Emi Takei (“Ai to Makoto”) and Yuu Aoi (“Honey and Clover”) played their parts well as headstrong tomboy Kaoru and coy, calculating Megumi, respectively. Meanwhile, comic relief came in the form of adorable runt Yahiko and Kenshin’s ill-mannered sidekick Sanosuke, who was clearly the crowd favorite. The audience laughed every time the muscle-bound brute appeared onscreen, especially during his slapstick kitchen duel with Takeda’s dreadlocked lackey, Banjin Inui.

240x126xt1215kenshin_feat6_5-300x158.jpg

While former Shinsengumi leader Hajime Saitou fits the brooding antihero mold to a T, Jin-e is deliciously creepy, and bad guy Takeda is as over-the-top annoying as his rebonded bob and lower dentures. The only puzzling thing was the character sketch of the masked villain Gein, whose cosplay-like getup looked out of place while he’s clashing swords with a hakama-clad Kenshin.

Other selling points

Thanks to the gorgeous cinematography, the beauty of old-world Japan was captured in every frame, from the opening battle sequence in the snow to the bustling streets and quaint houses bathed in warm yellow tones. The fight scenes were beautifully executed. Very little CG animation was used, mainly to provide the blood spatter. Instead of death-defying stunts, the movie employed special tricks to give the characters the illusion of speed and agility during fight scenes. The highlight was seeing the iconic stances for Kenshin’s Twin Dragon Flash technique and Saitou’s left-handed thrust. For diehard RK fans, watching them unfold was as historic as watching Kenshin’s priceless “Oro?” face being reenacted by a real person. Now, people have actual models to imitate.

It goes without saying that many of us had been waiting for this for over a decade, and it’s easy to see why it had taken so long. When it comes to adapting one of the best-loved anime/manga series of all time, it’s understandably difficult for film producers to meet the sky-high expectations of fans from all over the world. Besides, you can’t really pack 95 episodes and a few OAVs into one movie. Worst case scenario, it turns out to be a horrible Westernized disaster (“Dragonball: Evolution,” anyone?).

Fortunately for the hordes of grinning Pinoy moviegoers coming out of the theater, “Rurouni Kenshin” exceeded all expectations. Directed by Keishi Ootomo and produced by Warner Bros. Japan, “Rurouni Kenshin” is a very sleek production which pretty much stays faithful to the original storyline. It doesn’t even feel like it’s two and a half hours long. The adaptation works surprisingly well as a stand-alone film, which makes it a good introduction for those unfamiliar with the franchise. It also provides flashbacks explaining how Kenshin got his scar without straying too far from the main plot. Many people have actually watched the movie more than once, so yes, it’s that good.

Do we want a “part 2”? Yes and no. As much as we want other characters like Aoshi Shinomori and Shishio Makoto brought to life, we’re afraid that a sequel might just ruin the overall feeling of satisfaction we’d gotten from the first movie. The series might have ended years ago, but if the film’s success is any indication, this red-haired wanderer will always find his way back into anime fans’ hearts. In more ways than one, it was definitely worth the wait.

source: http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/81039/rurouni-kenshin-movie-review

Maja said: @myphim
No Tomoe is from the past she was the one that gave Kenshin the second scar on his face, she was the fiancee of the man that gave Kenshin the first scar who he killed (the one in the flashback), she found out it was Battousai that killed her fiance and wanted to take revenge but she eventually fell in love with him due to spending time with him ;)
@azzurri it's ok ;))

myphim said: Maja said: @myphim
@azzurri it's ok ;))

Guest farstrep

Maja said:No Tomoe is from the past she was the one that gave Kenshin the second scar on his face, she was the fiancee of the man that gave Kenshin the first scar who he killed (the one in the flashback), she found out it was Battousai that killed her fiance and wanted to take revenge but she eventually fell in love with him due to spending time with him ;)

farstrep said: Maja said:No Tomoe is from the past she was the one that gave Kenshin the second scar on his face, she was the fiancee of the man that gave Kenshin the first scar who he killed (the one in the flashback), she found out it was Battousai that killed her fiance and wanted to take revenge but she eventually fell in love with him due to spending time with him ;)

Guest farstrep

@Maja: That sounds more interesting than the story arc with Kaoru. I can't wait to see this in the sequel if they're making one. I can't wait to see Kenshin fall in love. :P I bet he would go "ororo" all the time because Tomoe stumps him so.

farstrep said: @Maja: That sounds more interesting than the story arc with Kaoru. I can't wait to see this in the sequel if they're making one. I can't wait to see Kenshin fall in love. :P I bet he would go "ororo" all the time because Tomoe stumps him so.

myphim said:
farstrep said: @Maja: That sounds more interesting than the story arc with Kaoru. I can't wait to see this in the sequel if they're making one. I can't wait to see Kenshin fall in love. :P I bet he would go "ororo" all the time because Tomoe stumps him so.

Maja said: myphim said:

Archived