Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

17 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

@hillllllllyAgree, he looks startlingly...Kang Chul. Well, that's what you get when you disappear into a comic/movie set for months and then take a visit back to the real world, lol. 

I thought the hair would have to be shorter for the whole navy thing, but I guess movies are not always true to life. :) Anyway, the haircut looks good. 

articles on naver have been saying he looks like a man that jumped out of a cartoon. although he has had this title for a while (i feel like he's THE man out of a manhwa -apart from his kang chul role-, no one else could pull off looking like one as much as he does), they saw the similarity with kang chul as well!

i'm so curious about the movie...it's been almost two months since filming started and i wonder if his current hair reflects the hair he has in decibel or not. one thing i know though: he looks great! i can't get over how good he looks with this kind of wet look. he looks manly both ways to me, long hair and short hair, although i've seen some fans call him boyish now that he has short hair again. i think he'll always look younger than his age, but i guess knowing he's a mature guy makes me see him as one regardless of his haircut.

ETA: 

spacer.png

source

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

articles on naver have been saying he looks like a man that jumped out of a cartoon. although he has had this title for a while (i feel like he's THE man out of a manhwa -apart from his kang chul role-, no one else could pull off looking like one as much as he does), they saw the similarity with kang chul as well!

i'm so curious about the movie...it's been almost two months since filming started and i wonder if his current hair reflects the hair he has in decibel or not. one thing i know though: he looks great! i can't get over how good he looks with this kind of wet look. he looks manly both ways to me, long hair and short hair, although i've seen some fans call him boyish now that he has short hair again. i think he'll always look younger than his age, but i guess knowing he's a mature guy makes me see him as one regardless of his haircut

Thank you @jongkkot for sharing the source of pic, and the link from StarToday above @frozentundra

Great to see our Captain is back!   He sure looks dapper in pink.

:doggie:

• Like 4

On 6/20/2021 at 1:26 PM, jongkkot said:

i'm glad prada is an italian brand, LOL! i have no issues with the timezone. though i don't think there'll be new content by the time the fashion show starts (or ends).

well i was wrong. but i'm not complaining. :wub:

He looks younger and handsome with this new hair. I'm glad it wasn't shorter. I think the military shave looks weird on most people, with a few exceptions. I hope he will consider making another drama this year. Because I think even the beginning of 2022 is too late.

Edited by serenilmauve
Don’t quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 6

@frozentundra, I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw Kang Chul in these pictures! I was expecting something shorter too, but I'm honestly not complaining. 

14 minutes ago, Selin Eroğlu said:

I hope he will consider making another drama this year. Because I think even the beginning of 2022 is too late.

Yeah, I agree... even though I don't think he will do anything before Big Mouth starts. Returning with 2 movies before a drama might be good in the long-run, but it's very hard for Jongsuk-deprived, pandemic-stricken fans of today. I can imagine a time in the future where we will be blasted with 2 movies, a drama, news of future projects, fan meetings, promo, etc... but it still seems pretty far away. I think my biggest fear is his movies being released really far apart from each other and both way later than originally expected. What I imagine to be a lot of content all at once might turn into a Jade Lover situation. I don't think we'll never see either of the movies he's been working on, but I do think it's possible we'll see ridiculous wait times. I wish there was something that could be done in the meantime. :wacko:

• Like 3

cr https://twitter.com/JongsukGlobal/status/1406774465208283142

caption by owner -
A farewell to Spring, long hair, and other pretty things. Hello Summer!

So handsome in pink  :fun:

This was posted by jshine_fc_leejongsuk  with caption : 이종석 단발머리를 하다

웨이보 실검 1위 올랐어요!여러분들 다 너의 새 드라마 기대해요.

[Google trans] - 

Lee Jong-suk with short hair

You've climbed to number one on Weibo's real time search ranking!  Everyone is looking forward to your new drama.

E4VYApfVkAImtua?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Beautiful edit by https://twitter.com/ddo_jpgif/status/1406627248132616198

Jong Suk for PradaSS22

Emerald-ly gorgeous  :heart4:

• Like 4

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Right -  20062021 Jong Suk for PradaSS22 Menswear collection
Left - 17012021 Jong Suk for PradaFW21

So proud of you, Mr Lee
Hope the Prada's affiliation continues and we see him again for FW22 

:doggie:

• Like 5

arena korea shared an instagram post about the new prada collection with jongsuk in it. nothing new...but i thought it'd be nice to share, so here it is.

프라다 SS22 남성 컬렉션이 바로 어제 저녁 9시에 공개되었습니다. 강렬한 레드 컬러의 굴곡진 터널을 지나 만나게 되는 탁 트인 자연 경관은 눈부신 영상미를 선사했죠. 이번 컬렉션은 밀라노에 위치한 폰다지오네 프라다의 데포지토와 이탈리아의 사르디니아 해변가, 두 곳에서 촬영되었다고 하네요. 배우 이종석이 한국 대표로 이번 컬렉션에 참여하여 @prada 오피셜 계정에 등장하기도 했죠. 런웨이부터 아이템 모두 생동감 넘치는 컬러, 광활한 자연이 선사하는 해방감 등 눈을 뗄 수 없는 약 6분간의 런웨이는 www.prada.com에서 다시 볼 수 있습니다. <아레나> 인스타그램 스토리의 링크를 통해서도 남겨 놓겠습니다. 다시 한번 그 감동을 느껴보세요!

• Like 4

11 K-Drama Actors Who Are Great At Kiss Scenes

11 K-Drama Actors Who Are Great At Kiss Scenes

Many K-dramas often consist of a steamy kiss scene. It’s a part that we sometimes look forward to, especially if the main leads have a lot of chemistry. It takes a lot of experience and practice to really sell the passion of a kiss scene, so it’s no a surprise that there are a handful of K-drama actors who are known to be great kissers on the small screen. Here are 11 of those actors (in no particular order)!

7. Lee Jong Suk

lee-jong-suk.jpeg

When it comes down to memorable kiss scenes, Lee Jong Suk has quite a few under his name. He even has that unique kiss scene in “Pinocchio” alongside Park Shin Hye where the two share a kiss involving a piece of bread. But his epic kiss scenes didn’t stop here. His roles in “I Hear Your Voice,” “W,” “While You Were Sleeping,” and “Romance Is A Bonus Book” all had heartfelt kiss scenes that gave viewers butterflies and emotions.

Here is that infamous handcuff scene from “W”:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474056wpp/11-k-drama-actors-who-are-great-at-kiss-scenes

• Like 5

i'm confused. doesn't that say “pre-production in july 2021 - december 2021”? so why did OP say it's going to be filmed in 2022?

don't get me wrong, this gives me hope jongsuk might do another drama until the end of the year, and that means more content for us, but i don't understand what the tweet means since the image says something different, or am i reading it wrong?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

There are two date ranges listed there, one is July-Dec 2021 (pre production) and the second is Jan 2022-Jan 2023 (production schedule). I think what they mean by "pre-production" here is not "the drama is entirely pre-produced" but rather, the work the production company puts in before they start shooting with the leads. (Like when you look up a movie in imdb.com and it tells you the status, which might be pre-production, filming, or post-production.) So yeah, it looks like they'll start work in July but maybe not start filming actual scenes until January? At least, that is my best guess, I don't work in the filmmaking industry. 

I follow some other drama schedules and feel like some of them these days are getting scheduled pretty far into the future. It used to be that once they announced the cast, they were good to go.

• Like 5

Yeah. In both recruitment notices, there were two dates. In the first one from a week ago, it said: 

프리기간: 6-7월.    

Pre-Production: June-July

촬영기간: 8-1 (예정)     

Filming Period: August-January (estimated)

In the new notice, it says:

제작기간: 2021년 7월 ~ 2021년 12월 (프리 예정).   

Production Schedule: July 2021 - December 2021 (pre-production)

2022년 1월 ~ 2023년 1월 (프로덕션 예정)    

January 2022 - January 2023 (estimated production)

That means something has changed in the last few weeks and it went from being completed in January 2022 to January 2023. I would worry, but I think this is probably good news as far as Jongsuk is concerned. That is very short notice for such a big change in production time. This is probably due to one or both of the leads having a scheduling conflict. If they are unwilling to recast, they will have to wait for them to be available. The updated notice says the main casting is still complete, so that looks like what they're planning to do. 

I guess this just raises questions about what else Jongsuk has lined up, then. What changed in just a week's time? 

@frozentundra, it's kind of spooky that your misunderstanding turned into a reality. :sweatingbullets: And I was having a hard time imagining this being Jongsuk's comeback drama for awhile now. Maybe we're all being sent strange vibes. :ph34r::lol:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

I guess this just raises questions about what else Jongsuk has lined up, then. What changed in just a week's time?

it must be jongsuk. i follow one or two accounts dedicated to yoona and there are no news about her being casted in something else. there isn't anything about jongsuk either, true...but i think he would be more in demand.

• Like 5

Honestly, Jongsuk is no stranger to situations like this. He was signed on for See You Again with Kim Jiwon and cancelled very close to production to do RIABB instead. And I'm sure if it wasn't right before his enlistment, they would have pushed See You Again back instead of cancelling it completely, too. 

I agree with you, @jongkkot. The reason I think Jongsuk is behind the schedule change is due to his circumstances. This was supposed to be his comeback drama. He also hasn't starred in anything in almost 3 years. He has the most at stake. His comeback being rescheduled for 2023? I don't think so. If this wasn't his decision and/or due to something else in his schedule, I think we'd see him turning down the role or whoever needed the schedule change ousted instead.

• Like 2