[Drama 2010] King Geunchogo / The King of Legend 근초고왕

Guest sayroo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest avonmarissa

I think it is the actress Hong In Young from previous sageuk drama, Cheonchu Taehu(Empress Chunchu). I may be wrong though.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hong_In_Young

Who plays Jingoo? (@2:41) I don't remember her name....or where she is from. T_T (I hate my brain farts)

Qri and Eunjeong have a lot of scenes together! I was sorta shocked, but then in a way, I wasn't. LOL

I think it is the actress Hong In Young from previous sageuk drama, Cheonchu Taehu(Empress Chunchu). I may be wrong though.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hong_In_Young

No you're right! LOL. She was from Daring Women and Empress Chunchu.

I'm surprised at her role in King Geunchogo. She's actually a lot better than I expected~

Qri, Geonil, Eunjeong fighting! lol.

Thanks for the links ^^ I enjoyed them very much.

I have to say that I've just watch this drama since ep 39. I missed some about 40s, but ever since the young characters appeared, I've followed them step-by-step.

'Cause Im a non-Korean, Im not sure if I understand well about what happened and is happening. Can someone tell me ^^

First, I dont know how about Yeogu, but his men wanted to kill Yeohwa's baby son, didnt they? cause they thought it was Sayu's son? Right???

What about now... when the three generals saw that ribbon, and asked Dandan about Gobi, they've believe - with no doubt - that Gobi is the prince of Beakje, and is son of Yeogu. It's really hard to understand ^^

Second, what's happening at Hanseong in recent eps? I can get that Yeogu and his two princes are in the batle with Goguryeo, far from Hanseong (oh my god, how many years have passed for them to aged so much like that? and Geonil with moustache is... strange but still handsome ^^)

But what Yeohwa, her nephew and the Jins are doing? It doesnt seem like they're doing something helpful for the batle with Goguryeo. More like they're repairing for a power war inside the country??? I dont get it ^^

Guest b00kw0rm

I havent' seen ep 39 yet. Just saw the ep where the young people appeared for the first time.

Poor Yeohwa. She suffered so much. Yeogu has let her down again. He knew that his men and Hongran tried twice to kill Yeohwa, yet he entrusted her safety to the Jin clan. How serious was he in protecting her? And his silence on the baby. I feel more than just annoyed with him right now. Even when they thought the baby died in the fire, he didn't even bother to really investiage it. He knew who the players were but just left it at that. He demanded so much sacrifies from poor Yeohwa.

Her son has grown up to be such a fine young man. He is more impressive than the nephew and esp Hongran's son. Hongran's daughter is also rather unimpressive. Her future DIL looks like a force to be reckoned with.

Guest farhah1986

I havent' seen ep 39 yet.  Just saw the ep where the young people appeared for the first time.

Poor Yeohwa.  She suffered so much.  Yeogu has let her down again.  He knew that his men and Hongran tried twice to kill Yeohwa, yet he entrusted her safety to the Jin clan.  How serious was he in protecting her?  And his silence on the baby.  I feel more than just annoyed with him right now.  Even when they thought the baby died in the fire, he didn't even bother to really investiage it.  He knew who the players were but just left it at that.  He demanded so much sacrifies from poor Yeohwa.

Her son has grown up to be such a fine young man.  He is more impressive than the nephew and esp Hongran's son.  Hongran's daughter is also rather unimpressive.  Her future DIL looks like a force to be reckoned with.

I watch the earlier episode...but I stop for quite long and start watching it back since young character start to appear.I really like Geonil play Gusu/Gobi character..I'm actually impressed with his acting..and like you said he's much better than his cousin and younger brother.Although his younger brother like him earlier but when Yeogu take Gobi as a son/prince(well actually as adopted son) he started feels jealous with Gusu especially when he know that Gusu is not merely an adopted son but Yeogu son with Princess Yeohwa.So it make Gusu as his real older brother.

I wonder what will Yeohwa do once she know that Gusu is her son because now she plan to make her nephew as a new king.If she did she will put her son life  in danger.Things become more complicated because no matter what party they treat Gusu as a threat especially after Gusu kill Sayu.Right now not all courtiers know about Gusu  real identity,it make me curious about their reaction if this get exposed.Wirye faction and Jin Clan plan to put Yeogwang on the throne while Wi bi Rang take Gusu as a threat for the next king position because of his real identity.This matter can be worse if the truth revealed because it will put Yeohwa in dilemma whether to put her nephew on the throne or not because it will give impact on her son future.

Oh, seem like Yeohwa gonna die in this ep. Poor her. She only desired a peaceful life like any normal woman - a husband who love her and their children, but due to her father, then her brothers, and now her nephew, she was dragged into infinite power struggles, she even couldn't acknowledge her own son. Hope that she's got some time with Gusu before death.

Look like she's gonna die in Yeogu hand, it would be the last comfort for her T_T

Someone help me with this please. Would like to confirm if it is 60 or 70 episodes for King G. I thought at first it was originally 70 but it was cut to 50 and then extended to 60. Please let me know because after today's episode I am wondering what's left with the exception that Seung is going to be the crown prince and marry Ah Yi, that can be taken care of in 1 episode (from ep 57 & 58 it appears to have been set up that way, as they also have Ah Yi much closer to Seung and his younger brother's acceptance that he will not be king, Seung appears not to know anything as yet), the final will be more or less a wrap up as I do not think they have any more stories to tell. With exception to the Baekjae's nobles most of King G's enemies have been eliminated. I feel sad and glad for Yeowha as she died in the arms of the 2 men that she loved the most her son and the king but in order to establish some form of peace for all parties she chose death to resolve it, though she was very ill at the time. Looking forward to seeing how everything will be completed.

Have a good week everyone.

Guest Sela_07

Someone help me with this please. Would like to confirm if it is 60 or 70 episodes for King G. I thought at first it was originally 70 but it was cut to 50 and then extended to 60. Please let me know because after today's episode I am wondering what's left with the exception that Seung is going to be the crown prince and marry Ah Yi, that can be taken care of in 1 episode (from ep 57 & 58 it appears to have been set up that way, as they also have Ah Yi much closer to Seung and his younger brother's acceptance that he will not be king, Seung appears not to know anything as yet), the final will be more or less a wrap up as I do not think they have any more stories to tell. With exception to the Baekjae's nobles most of King G's enemies have been eliminated. I feel sad and glad for Yeowha as she died in the arms of the 2 men that she loved the most her son and the king but in order to establish some form of peace for all parties she chose death to resolve it, though she was very ill at the time. Looking forward to seeing how everything will be completed.

Have a good week everyone.

It was originally planned for 70 esp but the ratings wasnt that great so it was confirmed to be a 50 eps drama. Around February KBS announched that it will have an additional 10 eps making it a total of 60 eps. King Geunchogo will end next week and will be replaced by another sageuk "King Gwanggaeto The Great" of Goguryeo.

King Gwanggaeto restored the glory of Goguryeo by wresting power back from Baekje, which had invaded Goguryeo prior to Gwanggaeto's birth and dominated East Asia under the rule of King Geunchogo. Its set for a total of 80 eps. Lee Tae Gon looks awesome as King Gwanggaeto and I cant wait to see it.

Archived