[Drama 2010] King Geunchogo / The King of Legend 근초고왕

Guest sayroo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.  from the look of shock on Yeogu's face, it looks like he too has his doubts.  Although I dislike Yeohwa's family, I still prefer her to Hongran.  Even if all the "good" guys seem to support her, I find Hongran really annoying.

I'm too.  Motrover at the end of the last ep., it seems that Yeogu's man tried to kill her and her son again.  it is really a shock for me.  Her life is full of trouble.

Grumpy82, I get the soft subs from http://withs2.com/view/king-geunchogo.  The first 10 epis are done by Anarchist (MixterX?).  From 11 to 32are from KBSWorld.

I enjoy this drama, especially if you've watched Jumong.

COuld you please give me a link of KBS world so that I can see Eng sub for this drama from 11ep. to 32 ep.?

Thank you very much.

Guest adikkeluangman

T-ara’s Eunjung cast for KBS historical drama, “King Geunchogo”

T-ara’s Eunjung has been cast for KBS 1TV’s historical drama, “King Geunchogo“!

This will be her second casting in a historical drama, as her first was “Toji“.

She will be playing the role of ‘Jin Ayi’, the daughter of ‘Jin Godo’ and the future queen and wife to the son of King Geunchogo, ‘Geun Gusu’.

According to information revealed by producers on April 5th, Eunjung will be joining the drama starting with April 16th’s episode. Her role will air over the course of 14 episodes.

Eunjung commented, “I’m nervous, but I’m excited over the opportunity to learn about acting amidst such formidable senior actors.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/t-aras-eunjung-cast-for-kbs-historical-drama-geunchogo-wang

Guest adikkeluangman

T-ara’s Qri and Supernova’s Geonil cast in KBS drama, ‘King Geunchogo’

On April 6th, Core Contents Media announced that T-ara’s Qri was cast in the historical KBS drama, ‘King Geunchogo‘.

She’ll be playing the part of ‘Princess Yeojin‘, a tomboy with a stubborn personality who faces problems due to the age difference in marriage, but stays a faithful wife. This will mark Qri’s second historical drama after she appeared in the hugely-popular drama, “Queen Seonduk“, back in 2009.

The idol will be working alongside fellow groupmate Eunjung, who’ll be playing ‘Jin Ayi‘, the future wife and queen of ‘King Geungusu‘. As for the majestic king, it was revealed that Geonil of Supernova was picked up to play the titular role.

Qri expressed, “I hope to learn from the senior actors and from my fellow member Eunjung. I will work very hard during shooting.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/t-aras-qri-and-supernovas-geonil-cast-in-kbs-drama-king-geunchogo

I wonder why a drama like this is not generating discussions like we had in the "Dong Yi" thread? I love both shows though for my money this one seems more mature in what it covers. Dramacrazy is indeed living up to its name - the site is down. I like to think it's because people are clamoring to watch the show...

Guest adikkeluangman

T-ara’s Eujung & Qri participate in their first script rehearsal for “King Geunchogo”

tn_1302576303_-1377846687_0.jpg

As reported earlier, T-ara’s Eunjung and Qri were cast for KBS 1TV’s historical drama, “King Geunchogo“. On April 12th, the two members attended their first script-reading together and shared photos from the experience.

Core Contents Media commented, “Eunjung and Qri completed their script-reading without any complications. They helped each other in aspects they lacked, and exclaimed that they will do their best as friendly competitors.”

The two expressed, “Today is our first recording. Although we’re nervous, we’re very excited. We’ll be working hard to capture the hearts of the viewers.”

201104121721221001_1.jpg

Eunjung will be playing the role of ‘Jin Ayi’, the daughter of ‘Jin Godo’ and the future queen and wife to the son of King Geunchogo, ‘Geun Gusu’ (Supernova’s Geonil).

Meanwhile, Qri will be playing the part of ‘Princess Yeojin‘, a tomboy with a stubborn personality who faces problems due to the age difference in marriage, but stays a faithful wife.

The first episode to feature Eunjung and Qri will begin airing on April 17th.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/t-aras-eujung-qri-participate-in-their-first-script-rehearsal-for-king-geunchogo

Actress Lee Se-Eun welcomes T-ara’s Qri as the new maknae of “King Geunchogo”

201104130819431001_1.jpg

Recently, actress Lee Se-Eun shared a photo of herself with her co-star, T-ara’s Qri, from the set of KBS 1TV’s historical drama, “King Geunchogo“.

The actress wrote, “Young mother Hongran lost the maknae title!”

Lee Se-Eun was originally the maknae of the castmates, but with Qri’s recent casting as her daughter, Qri had naturally become the new maknae of the set.

Reflecting over the change, she expressed, “The staff members are all smiles. I’ve gotten a daughter that looks exactly like Hongran in the drama. We’re actually six years apart. I have to become a more dignified Hongran now.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/actress-lee-se-eun-welcomes-t-aras-qri-as-the-new-maknae-of-king-geunchogo

Still cuts of T-ara’s Eunjung & Qri in “King Geunchogo”

20110413_1302658079.jpg

T-ara’s Eunjung and Qri have set out for their first filming of KBS 1TV’s historical drama, “King Geunchogo“. Still cuts of the girls in costume were recently released, delighting fans with their charismatic transformations.

Eunjung, who’s known for being level three in taekwondo, commented, “My experience in taekwondo helped me a lot when I had to act out scenes requiring martial arts.”

As reported previously, Eunjung will be playing the role of ‘Jin Ayi’, the daughter of ‘Jin Godo’ and the future queen and wife to the son of King Geunchogo, ‘Geun Gusu’ (Supernova’s Geonil).

Meanwhile, Qri will be playing the part of ‘Princess Yeojin‘, a tomboy with a stubborn personality who faces problems due to the age difference in marriage. Nevertheless, she stays a faithful wife.

The girls will be appearing on the episode scheduled for April 16th.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/still-cuts-of-t-aras-eunjung-qri-in-king-geunchogo

Guest adikkeluangman

T-ara’s Eunjung shares a photo from the set of ‘King Geunchogo’

p2pcc.th.jpg h4exf.th.jpg

Recently, allkpop has been updating readers on the upcoming KBS drama “King Geunchogo“, a historical series that’s cast T-ara’s Eunjung and Qri. Interest has been peaking on this new show, thanks to the gorgeous costumes donned by these lovely idols. On April 13th, T-ara’s Eunjung advanced the hype by uploading two pictures from the set of “King Geunchogo”; she’s seen standing next to actor Kam Woo Sung, who plays the leading role as ‘King Geunchogo’.

She tweeted, “Together with Kam Woo Sung sunbaenim (senior), who made me fall head over heels with his impressive acting in ‘Alone in Love‘!!! In ‘King Geunchogo’, he is a stern and compassionate king and… he’ll be my father-in-law…..♥ kekeke.”

Netizens commented, “Wow, so pretty! Princess Eunjung! Hooray!” and “Eunjung nuna (older sister) has become a princess! You are so pretty.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/t-aras-eunjung-shares-a-photo-from-the-set-of-king-geunchogo

Guest adikkeluangman

T-ara’s Qri talks about her experience on the set of “King Geunchogo”

201104151635131002_1.jpg

Having enjoyed a successful stint in “Queen Seondeok“, T-ara’s Qri was cast for another historical drama alongside fellow member Eunjung.

In her latest interview with Newsen, she talked about her audition process for “King Geunchogo“, and shared her thoughts on being a part of the cast.

Qri began by explaining how she was offered the role. “I was eating with my mom when I suddenly got a call asking me to come in. I went and saw that it was for a meeting with the director of ‘King Geunchogo.’ Eunjung said that she was abruptly called out while watching a movie as well. Neither of us were ready at all when we went in for the meeting.”

Fortunately, both ladies landed their roles and have been earning many headlines lately for the photos they’ve shared from the set.

Oddly enough, Qri’s ‘mother’ in the show (actress Lee Se Eun), was revealed to only be six year older than Qri. The idol mused, “I met her through this drama for the first time. She teaches me so many things. I play a 15 year old girl in the drama, and since it’s a historical drama, I’m only allowed minimal make-up. Senior Lee Se Eun is already so youthful looking and I can’t use make-up to make me look younger, so it makes me feel self conscious!”

She continued, “The atmosphere on set is great. With the additions of Eunjung and Supernova’s Geon-Il, the older actors on set really welcomed us.”

Qri also took fencing lessons for her role, which caused her body to feel some strain. “My character knows how to work with swords so I needed to learn it at least for the basics,” she said. “One of my veins burst because of the sudden pressure I put on it while holding heavy swords. There’s also a scene where I get hit by a sword, and I was actually hit, which resulted in bruising. It’s not gone yet, but it’s okay.”

Concluding the interview, Qri revealed, “When I’m not working, I take Japanese lessons. Anything outside of my schedule, I’m focusing on learning the language.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/t-aras-qri-talks-about-her-experience-on-the-set-of-king-geunchogo

Hope with the join of Eun Jung, Qri and Geonil, the rating of the drama will get higher ^^

So Eun Jung is wife of Hong Ran's son, isnt she? where is Yeohwa's son?

umm maybe your talking about Qri's character because Qri is the one who is married & is a wife here.

Quote fron an article:

"Eunjung will be playing the role of ‘Jin Ayi’, the daughter of ‘Jin Godo’ and the future queen and wife to the son of King Geunchogo, ‘Geun Gusu’ (Supernova’s Geonil)."

^^ so that's means Eunjung character isn't married yet and she will pair up w/ Geonil.......

Wow, it's easy to see that the Prince has a crush on Yamatai's Princess (her Japanese style is so cute ^^), and want to oppose the arranged marriage with Lady Ayi (played by Eunjung). Of course, the Queen will definitely not let him do it his way. Cant wait to see how he manage to break free from his mother. Maybe, he just run away with that princess. To Yamatai??? wherever, who cares ^^

About Ayi, she's been told that sooner or later she will be the Prince's wife and later become Queen of Baekje. Now that she know that the Prince has no feeling for her, what will she do? I dont think she gonna do something 'evil', she's just not that type of girl. Poor girl, hope she can find someone better (soon ^^)

And as for Supernova’s Geonil, his role is Geunchogo's son - Geungusu, right??? I think his name now is Gobi (correct me if im wrong), he's been under Dandan's care for years. So he's really son of Yeogu. Haha, cant wait to see what Yeogu and Yeohwa will do with him. Will they try to take Gobi back to his position? I hope they do. Oh, almost forgot, first of all, Yeogu must do something with his men, and Yeohwa must do something with her nephew too. As I remember, after her brother's death, she swore to take the throne back to her clan, and make her nephew be King. Her nephew maybe an obstacle to her son (I think ^^)

Anyway, until Geungusu-Gobi's true identify is revealed, the only thing I care is the development of his loveline with Ayi. Oh my gosh, he's so handsome ^^

Luna179:  Yeah, film is now much more interesting.  However there are only 10 eps., thus, everything seems fast.

Semi-fly: Thanks for posting film, although I don't understand Korean :D.

Archived