[Drama 2010] King Geunchogo / The King of Legend 근초고왕

Guest sayroo

Guest farhah1986

Poor Yeohwa...in the end her death is the only way to solve the power struggle and to avoid fight between brothers.In order to save both Gusu and Gwang she choose to kill herself to prevent them from killing each other...I can't wait for the last 2 episode.I guess its all about the crown prince position...Is it true that YeoGeun(Gusu younger brother) accept that he will not be a king?Although he accept his older brother as a crown prince,does not mean that wibirang and hongran will accept this..I know that Hongran already has a soft spot for Gusu and care for him but is she going to willingly accept Gusu as a crown Prince instead her son?One more thing I'm interested to see how Gusu and Jin Ayi finally get married when Ayi initially engage to YeoGeun and Jin clam finally surrender themselves.

Can anyone tell me what is exactly the conversation between Yeogu and his son Yeogun?I don't really understand the conversation but what I know is that Yeogun tell Yeogu that he like Gusu as his older brother...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Zombie

Anyone knows what happened to the son in law and the princess.

Was he killed by the Baekje King? He was treated so disrespectfully by the princess . 

Anyone knows what happened to the son in law and the princess.

Was he killed by the Baekje King? He was treated so disrespectfully by the princess . 

The son-in-law acted as a spy for Baekje and is treated with some respect by the princess. The son-in-law is a hero for Baekje. As for the princess, you just have to tolerate her besides who wants to marry a man who is over 20 years older than herself. Which is the case with the princess, she had no choice, pops promise her to the man before she was conceived.

Guest Zombie

The son-in-law acted as a spy for Baekje and is treated with some respect by the princess.  The son-in-law is a hero for Baekje.  As for the princess, you just have to tolerate her besides who wants to marry a man who is over 20 years older than herself.  Which is the case with the princess, she had no choice, pops promise her to the man before she was conceived.

OK TQ. I was surprised that he was disowned by the king at last night episode at KBSWorld.

So it was a secret between him and the King, without anyone knowledge.

Yah, he is abit too old for the princess. should have found a better wife more suited his age.:D

Guest vnfilm

Can some one please summary this last episode . I am interested to find out why the crown prince leave letters to the king and queen and board the ship to sale away. Also please translate, what is the queen saying to her supporter. Why she cry so hard. Is she finally agreeing to let the princess's son to be the crown prince or her tears are of disappointment

Guest Sela_07

I'm glad they ended this drama wih King Geunchogo's death. Since Yeohwa did not exist in history there was no point in bringing up Geungusu acsending the throne as her son. I think creating Yeohwa as Yeogu's love and first queen didnt sit well with the Korean audience. Not only that but Kim Ji Soo was in trouble for DUI-hit and run (not her first offense). By then they have already started shooting. I dont know if that has any impact on the ratings but it made me sad that it was poor.

Anyway, it was interesting to see how the writers dance around history with their own version. Funny thing is, it made perfect sense to one who doesnt know anything about the history behind it. As a non Korean I did enjoy it and as always appreciate the opportunity to learn a little bit about the history and culture of Korea.

Thanks for all the links, although I dont speak Korean I still enjoyed it. Till we meet again on another Historical drama <3.

Guest JoyceTeo

I do not understand Korean but i understand a little because some words from Korean sound like Chinese.From what it looks,it a perfect ending.GS become the crown prince because his younger brother decided to leave together with the Japanese princess where they both love each other.GS brother wrote a letter to the king,queen and his brother GS.It states that he think GS is better to be the Crown Prince because he earn a lot of merits in the war ,slaying the King of Goguryeo Saya,etc.GS also process both the bloodline of yeohwa and Yeogu and if he become the Crown Prince,it will solve the long history disputes between the two bloodline.Hence GS's brother leave and refuse to be the Crown prince.Yeogu then announced that GS will be the Crown prince.

The queen and her brother finally accepted GS as Crown Prince after some reasoning(not sure what Yeogu say to them) .As for GS (i'm not sure if they are marry or not) is together with the daughter of Jin clan.

Yeogu went back to the tree where yeohwa die,he saw a ribbon(not sure what it is but somehow link to yeohwa) and he die at the same tree where yeohwa die.As for those who rebel earlier on(GS's cousin and the jin clan)they are all spared and continue to serve the King. The king's daughter is together with sagi

Those who know Korean,please correct me if i made any mistakes,thanks you.

Guest Zombie

Thanks for the summary. Joyce Teo.

Read that too that the writer totally distort the history to make a better fictional romantic story.

Personally I think they should make a beautiful history out of it instead.

I really like the way Geun and Gusu giving up the throne due to each other.

When some of Yeogu's men mentioned about setting Gusu to be the crown prince, Gusu came to Geun, kneeled down to him and said that he always was Geun's Seokkop. That means Gusu have never thought of being Eohara, even though he's already known his true identify - son of Yeogu and Yeohwa. And when he learned that his leaving the country to Yamatai is the only way to solve unexpected struggles, he accepted without hesitating. It's so touching when Jin Ai came to him and said that she want to go with him, but he refused, said that she better be Baekje's queen, better forget all about him (like Geon Il and Eun Jung very much ^^)

And then, I dont really understand what Yeogu said to his men when they were drinking together, but I guess it's his thought about Beakje without Gusu - a wonderful fighter, or his intend to abdicate to Geun (I dont know ^^ someone who knows Korean please help us) Whatever, Geun heard all and realized what Gusu mean for Beakje, for his father, and finally decided his leaving. Such a brotherhood isnt easily seen in a royal family ^^

It would be great if they let the young - Gusu, Ai, Geun, Jin Goo, Kwang, and princess Yeojin - had much more chance to show up, the storyline between them is so interesting and beautiful. They should make a drama about these characters later ^^

Hope we can see the young actors in new projects soon (especially Geon Il and Eun Jung ^^)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest b00kw0rm

Oh, seem like Yeohwa gonna die in this ep. Poor her. She only desired a peaceful life like any normal woman - a husband who love her and their children, but due to her father, then her brothers, and now her nephew, she was dragged into infinite power struggles, she even couldn't acknowledge her own son. Hope that she's got some time with Gusu before death.

Look like she's gonna die in Yeogu hand, it would be the last comfort for her T_T

I haven't come to this yet. Just saw the episode where her son (unknown to her) was made a prince. I feel so sorry for her. Yeogu has really made her life a living hell. He has made constant demands on her and she has always made hugh sacrifices for him. But to not tell her who her son is really takes the cake. Hongran, greedy, sly woman, always gets the best of Yeohwa. She was not successful in her previous attempts to kill Yeohwa and her son and now she takes away the one thing Yeohwa has in life. I really hate the sly scheming woman. She talks so much about her love for Yeogu but she has not made half the sacrifices that Yeohwa has made for Yeogu. When she thought that her son-in-law hurt her daughter, she said that to hurt a member of the royal family, to hurt someone Yeogu loves is to hurt him. Right, and so why did you treat Yeohwa so shamelessly, as if her life was not even worth a dime.

Her daughter is a useless spoilt brat. Yeah, she may be much younger than her husband. But just as she was forced to marry an older man, so too the man was forced to accept her as a bride even before she was conceived. But spoilt brat that she is, she thinks only of herself. Her son is in no way a match to Yeohwa's son. Not even close. This is the man who should be the next heir.

But interesting thing is that the first reaction of Yeogu's faithful cohort was to think of Hongran. They seem more concern about her than about him. And I can't understand why Dandani never thought of letting Yeohwa know that her son is alive. Even after she knew that Yeohwa's ribbon was missing and therefore someone in the palace would have a clue as to the boy's identity, still she thought of hiding the fact from Yeohwa.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished watching episode 56. Gusu has just handed his mother (yeohwa) a piece of paper with THE writing. I can't wait to find out what Hae Gun and Jin Sung will do, both of were responsible for burning him ( ok another baby). Both deserved to be thoroughly disgraced, humiliated, especially Hae Gun. What a snake!

I have been watching in Los Angeles on KBS World and wanted to go on this post to understand a little more. After having read these posts, I believe, that was quite a few inaccuracies concerning the history including the history of the two sons, and who actually married Queen Ai. It was my understanding that the Crown Prince and then later King of Baekje was the son of a Jin clan member. Whenever non historical romantic inclusions are part of the historical dramas, there is a field day for factual misrepresentation of the actual history.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thuc

Poor Yeowa!  I think Yeogu is not good enough for her.  He only demands, and I really hate him.  He even uses their son in a last minute to prevent to war.

Archived