[Drama 2010] King Geunchogo / The King of Legend 근초고왕

Guest sayroo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooo...I love epic dramas.Now that S2 team has started the subbing I can now start downloading.

I dont mind waiting for the subs and I trust S2 will finish the project once started eventhough its a side project.

Thanks S2 for subbing this drama and also thanks to uploaders in Soompi for sharing the raws. :wub:

UPDATE

It won't be at the usual period drama timeslot . . . though it will still be on Saturdays & Sundays

KBS WORLD (Asia/Europe) VIEWERS

First Episode will air on

Saturday, 4 December 2010 (under the title "The King of Legend")

First Run (Sat & Sun) at 10:30pm (KST)

Repeat (2-ep Back-to-Back on Fri) at 12:25pm (KST)

Disclaimer Note : Time/Date indicated are correct at time of posting, though KBSW may change it later on

• 2 weeks later...
Guest musicstore

I have not started watching this show yet ,i miss the live telecast today on KBS world 1st esp but i believe that if you guys are jumong fans,u will love it as the story continue after So Seo No left jumong to built her own country

I saw episode 4 and all I have to say is WTH--Handgliders? Really? Handgliders? Those weren't even attempted until *much* later. 800... and a good one wasn't around for another 1000 years after that... WTH is with that. I mean, I know, historical accuracy isn't the big thing with Korean dramas, but I think that's kinda stretching it, by saying a thousand years.

Guest gail0623

Hi everyone!

I've watched the first 2 episodes of this drama, and I'm already loving it. Not only because I'm a big fan of historical dramas, but because it really looks promising from the beginning...in my opinion. I hope it gets good ratings. ^_^

Also, can someone please translate this character biography that was posted? I'd really like to know more about the main characters. Thank you. :)

Guest musicstore

I have watch until esp 6 so far,i must say i love historical drama but one thing is that how come the plot is always pretty similar.SO far from QSD,Jumong,Dae Joyoung,Kingdom of the wind,kim soo loo,etc.

It always the prince/princess got abandoned for some reasons,(religion ,etc) fight on his own,with lots of good subordinates and of course lots of people from their own country against them

It always the same old plot :/

Guest hot_saranghae

acting is superb to me.....a lot of veteran actors that can actually carry a sageuk^^~

I like the fact tt they didn't use the first few episodes to show the childhood days of the main characters and just present it in flashback form!!~

there are also great action scenes and great sceneries!!!~~~

the plot goes quite fast, which is good and I'm already rooting for YeoGu and the Jin family^^~

If I were the first Queen I would've ditched the crown prince for the second or even third prince who are also her sons.....they seem more suitable as a ruler >.<~

Guest b00kw0rm

Caught the first 2 episodes and liking it. So thrilled to recognise so many veteran actors. Feel like seeing old friends again tongue2.gif

Guest b00kw0rm

i wanted to ask if it has some romance on it since pure historical don't attract me that much

Oh, definitely will have :) Not sure if it will have a happy ending though. Saw a couple of historical dramas and so far only 1 hero married the woman he loves. In the others I watched, the hero married someone else for the sake of the kingdom or out of loyalty to King/Father.

So far, this looks like its going that way as well but its too early to tell for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

i really liked this drama so far. not sure how historically accurate the drama is but love the flow and storyline thus far. hope it will continue to keep me interested till the end unlike the few that was aired on the same timeslot before. i'm good with the minimal romance plot thus far ... hope it stays that way ... djy got too mushy and make me lose interest in continuing with the drama because i got annoyed with well ... djy ... well that among other things that is.

episode 11  is so sad. poor little prince yeomong being used to incriminate his own birth mother queen jin and prince yeogu. i wonder if he's going to grow up into a cowardly young man (assuming he survive all this political machination going on and queen hae kept her word to queen jin about keeping him alive) since queen jin's last word to him is that he did right in valuing his own life. most likely he's going to grow up weak & corrupted by queen hae if he's kept under her wing.

i like prince yeohwi despite his not so brilliant moment in today's episode where he go roaring about killing yeogu after prince yeogu confesses to being involved in the murder together with queen jin after being advised by heuksanggong that his father would have done the same in his shoe. :tears:  prince yeohwi is an honorable & righteous soul but that also makes him somewhat rigid when it comes to righting wrong in face of all the political machination going on under his nose.

was bu yeojun really serious about making the crazed prince yeochan his successor just because he's been lusting for queen hae all those years or was that just to get his way with her and thought to himself that accidents can happen and he can find 101 excuses not to put yeochan on the throne as promised? :ph34r:  when bu yeojun's sons were smirking away in court looking pleased with themselves ... i was thinking if they would have looked so happy if they know what their foolish father has planned. it just doesn't make sense that this crazy and foolish old man would see all this bloodshed and political instability because he feels cheated of the throne that should be rightfully his only to want to pass it on to the son of the enemy who stole his throne from him for a woman. but then this old man would send his 'beloved' daughter to king sayu to achieve his kingly dream so why should i be surprised over what he's capable of? ... hmmm...

i thought it was amusing when king sayu told his minister that he's not about to go back on his word after giving permission to princess yeohwa to travel home to attend her father's coronation when they advised him it's not a smart move to send his 'hostage' queen home before any treaty is signed btw baekje and goryuyeo in case bu yeo jun refuse to comply with their demands after gaining his throne. for someone who's not above using underhanded/sneaky tactics in the interest of his beloved goryuyeo ... he has qualms over something like this. :blink:

am i the only one who's bothered by prince buyeo min's wife ... a princess from some china state if i recall correctly the subs/caps on kbsworld ... something is just wrong with her overly chirpy personality that doesn't jive with the rest of the characters in this drama thus far.

i think this is the first sageuk drama where i can at least identify and remember most of the key characters by epsidoe 12 instead of blanking out trying to figure out which camp that person is on and who is who. lol.

and this thread is so dead. :(

Guest 2Van123

Exupery, I am enjoying the drama too. It is not very historically correct as a Korean friend told me that Yeogu was actually the second son (not 4th) who succeeded the throne on the assassination of the crown prince. And yeah, the same thought crossed my mind about how DJY just lost the plot! I hope this doesn’t happen in this drama but I wouldn’t hold my breath! Haven’t seen a single kbs drama that doesnt drag and get too mushy especially a popular one.

The young prince Yeomong turned in a fine performance. I was wondering how come these people can’t see through the lies to realize that Queen Jin and Yeogu were lying to protect them. And it’s so convenient for the bad guys that the good guys just fall in with their threats and let them carry on their merry evil ways. And the China princess – yeah! – I wondered at that point if opium had been brought in to China at that time or is she high on something else?!

Mskololia1, you’re right about the subbing. In fact, i think of late the standard has dropped.

Archived