[Drama 2010] King Geunchogo / The King of Legend 근초고왕

Guest sayroo

@mskololia - hope you can catch up soon. as it is i'm watching this on kbsworld and while it's 2 episodes 2 week, we're at least on episode 12 now. waiting for sub must have been painful since this is a side project ... but at least it gets subbed which is better than not being able to watch & understand the series. :)

@2Van123 - are you referring to the standard of the kbsworld sub or the one done by withS2? i'm quite sure you're not referring to the esub released by withS2 since i would think their sub would be way better than kbsworld translator. but yeah ... for quite sometime

kbsworld subtitles seems to be getting worse. but then again ... it's still better than nothing right.

anyway, i read on tweets that this drama has been shortened to 50 episodes instead of the original scheduled 70? can anyone confirm this? guess the rating must not be that good for it to get shortened by 20 episodes ... let's hope that just means they don't need to make it draggy for the viewers.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Actors of ‘The King of Legend’ Desires Higher Viewer Ratings

[2011-01-17]

Cast members of the KBS 1TV historical drama “The King of Legend” including Lee Ji Hoon, Han Jeong Soo, Kang Sung Jin, and Kim Tae Hoon took photos on the set while flying high in the air to encourage the high popularity of the drama, and those unveiled photos entertained viewers’ eyes. The photos were taken by the filming director of “The King of Legend,” Paek Hong Jong, and his previous photos taken when he had worked on producing the drama “Grudge: The Revolt of Gumiho” with the same concept had also been very popular among viewers. The photo that reminds viewers of the scene from the movie “Harry Potter,” in which actors looked as if they were flying in the air, aimed to express every actor’s wish to film the drama without any problem and to achieve higher viewer ratings. The fit and attractive actors showed a totally different witty and pleasant pose in the photo and their effort to maintain a pleasant atmosphere on the set in the midst of cold weather has reportedly lifted the spirits of every production staff member and cast member and made them forget about any difficulties on the set.

811_2161_l.jpg

▲ Lee Ji Hoon and Kim Tae Hoon flew high in the air to make a new leap in the New Year.

811_2162_l.jpg

▲ Han Jeong Soo and Kang Sung Jin prepared brooms on the set by themselves

to take a picture like the scene from the “Harry Potter.”

They play characters who enthusiastically help Boo Yeo Gu (Kam Woo Sung) as if they were his own brothers.

They reportedly played important roles in creating a friendly atmosphere on the set.

811_2163_l.jpg

▲ Photo of Lee In and Lee Ji Hoon – The filming place has reportedly always been filled with

a friendly and pleasant atmosphere with the cheerful sound of laughter even in the cold weather.

“The King of Legend,” which is spurring higher viewer ratings by presenting more interesting and exciting stories and realistic battle scenes at its height, is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:40pm on KBS 1TV.

Writer: KBSi Jin Young-ju

Picture: Filming Director Paek Hong Jong

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Guest 2Van123

You're right, Exupery, I was referring to the standard of the kbsworld sub! It is better than nothing but it causes a lot of frustration and grief when its so poorly done.

The pirate (the one pretending to be a guy) looks rather familiar. Trying to place her! Any idea?

personally i remember her from mbc drama be strong geum soon. not sure what you saw her in but below is her info extracted from dramawiki:

• Name: 이세은 / Lee Se Eun (Yi Sae Eun)
  • Profession: Actress
  • Birthdate: 1980-Aug-31
  • Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
  • Height: 165cm
  • Weight: 45kg
  • Star sign: Virgo

TV Shows

Movies

Guest 2Van123

Thanks, Exupery and Tiki_sg. I can't pronounce Korean names and have difficulty remembering them! And to make it worst, lately there's seems to be multiple versions of how the names are spelt! Yeah, I must have seen her in DJG. For awhile I thought she was the annoying DIL in "please marry me" but nah, Lee Se Eun is more talented.

I am interested in this film.  I like the main actor and actress Kam Woo Sung as King Geunchogo, and Kim Ji Soo as Buyeo Hwa.

Now I am confused with the appearance of the new girl Lee Se Eun as Wi Hong Ran .  It seems she will be his wife in the future, not Hwa.  It is also reasionable, because the queen of the new coutry would not be the wife of someone else before.  I feel pity for Hwa. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest musicstore

This drama is interesting but so far the fastest subs i could find is only from watching KBS world on TV.

But if you are an epic fan of Korean Historical dramas,the plot are pretty much the same. A fallen prince making his way back to reclaim his title,he journey slowly with his good friends/subordinates and not to forget some evil ministers and stepmum(evil queen)as obstacles and later make his way back into a king.

The plot is quite similar but i don't understand why i still love this drama :)

• 2 weeks later...

ughhh ... i was catching all my kbsworld recorded episodes today and realized that for some reason episode 22 was not recorded. dang!!! so who was it who predicted that yellow sandstorm? and what was yeohwa's message to yeogu? i don't suppose yeogu got it?

anyway ... i have to say while i kind of thought hongran's character could be interesting in the beginning ... her sense of justice over her brother's is making less of an impact than it would if they hadn't make her into such a shameless flirt who throws herself non-stop at prince yeogu. <_< in short ... it's characters like hers that annoy me no end in drama and make me want to stop watching or throw my remote at my tv if and when prince yeogu submit to her constant proposal if he ever did. :ph34r: i guess her character's infatuation with yeogu is a necessity for prince yeogu to get the insider help over buyeo's machination against him but still ... crazy.gif ... they could have make her more subtle or someone with more class ... but then again ... she did live with pirates. sweatingbullets.gif

i must say i really love bok gugeom though ... :wub: such an awesome friend to have on one's side. i hope he don't die (if he's going to) too early on in the drama. and i like dugo too ... he at least are more honorable compared to ajikai & wi biryang. <_<

and sorry to any hongran supporters out there ... but i would be estactic if they kill off her character like soon although i know that won't happen. :lol:

I'm, too.  I'm really curious why it suddenly in Ep. 33, it seems Hongran is prenancy now.  It is troublesoom for yeohwa. Due to no translation, I don't know how is characteristic of Yeohwa now, she is still good, or maybe she 's bad now?

Guest 2Van123

ughhh ... i was catching all my kbsworld recorded episodes today and realized that for some reason episode 22 was not recorded. dang!!! so who was it who predicted that yellow sandstorm? and what was yeohwa's message to yeogu? i don't suppose yeogu got it?

anyway ... i have to say while i kind of thought hongran's character could be interesting in the beginning ... her sense of justice over her brother's is making less of an impact than it would if they hadn't make her into such a shameless flirt who throws herself non-stop at prince yeogu. <_< in short ... it's characters like hers that annoy me no end in drama and make me want to stop watching or throw my remote at my tv if and when prince yeogu submit to her constant proposal if he ever did. :ph34r: i guess her character's infatuation with yeogu is a necessity for prince yeogu to get the insider help over buyeo's machination against him but still ... crazy.gif ... they could have make her more subtle or someone with more class ... but then again ... she did live with pirates. sweatingbullets.gif

i must say i really love bok gugeom though ... :wub: such an awesome friend to have on one's side. i hope he don't die (if he's going to) too early on in the drama. and i like dugo too ... he at least are more honorable compared to ajikai & wi biryang. <_<

and sorry to any hongran supporters out there ... but i would be estactic if they kill off her character like soon although i know that won't happen. :lol:

They (his step-brother and HG) switched the message so YG received a fake message from YH saying that she would like to meet him before she returns to her home. They hope to lure him out alone so they can kill him. It was Ajikai's suggestion.

And yes, I am not sure why they love to portray Korean women as super aggressive maniac stalkers when it comes to love. If O could reach out and slap the silliness out of their system, man, that would be good! YG seems to have proposed to her, or made a commitment, but I think its more political than his falling for her charms or constant harrasment. He still loves YH. She believes that YG loves her and feels only pity for YH. Time will tell!

And what's happened to YG's younger brother? He seems to have disappeared entirely. The bit about the Mom confessing to murdering the King, just so her youngest could be spared to live with THEM was rather weak. And now he has conveniently disappeared!

I'm watching this w/ WithS2 subs, so I'm way behind... But what is with the length of the episodes?

1 & 2 are 63 minutes long, but when you get to #14 it is only 47 minutes...

Each week keeps getting shorter... Are they cutting time instead of dropping episodes???

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Kam Woo Sung Finally Becomes King in ‘The King of Legend’

[2011-03-11]

Actor Kam Woo Sung, who plays Boo Yeo Koo in “The King of Legend,” finally ascended to the throne.

On March 2, the production team of “The King of Legend” filmed the scene where Boo Yeo Gu (Kam Woo Sung) became the 13th king of Baekje named “King Geunchogo” at the set located in Baekje Culture Land. Boo Yeo Gu finally ascended to the throne after enduring a life of suffering and having gone through various difficulties in his life. His imposing manner as a king was aired in the 35th episode on March 5. Look at the stills taken on the set while filming the ceremony to ascend to the throne.

882_2364_l.jpg

882_2365_l.jpg

882_2366_l.jpg

882_2367_l.jpg

882_2368_l.jpg

Boo Yeo Gu has finally become a king after going through many ups and downs, and the overarching story of “King Geunchogo” as he establishes the Baekje Empire by connecting the regions from Yoseo, the Korea Peninsula, and Japan will begin in earnest, and the story of “King Geunchogo” will be broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:40 pm on KBS 1TV.

Writer: KBSi Jin Young-ju

Picture: KBS PR Department

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Archived